Le Beau by Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Beau is a new perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-woody. It is being marketed by Puig.

Quentin Bisch

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoconut wood
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 24.08.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0 5.0/10

Morpheus1
Le Beau? More like Le Terrible!
Jean-Paul: What has become of you?
As a worshipper of your greatest masterpiece JPG2, I have to write something like this once.

Today the newest creation from JPG was tested. It's okay in the beginning. Light trains from the original Le Male with coconut, hmm ok "not so bad" I thought.

Then all of a sudden after a few minutes the Tonka steamroller came and wanted to fascinate me regardless of my losses or my wallet. It sticks to the skin like superglue. No use doing the dishes. Well at least the target group gets something for the expensive money. Stubbornness in the base note.

The fragrance speaks volumes for a whole series of new releases, all ending in a synthetically cheap stabbing, sweet tonka bean base. Like Spicebomb Nightvision or CH Kings. I can't smell it anymore. My nose sounds the alarm immediately. Wear or even buy? Never.

Is that all that's possible today? No trace of quality or ingenuity. Only greed for profit everywhere.

Le Beau comes CH Kings very similar in base. No wonder. Both are based on the same concepts and basic fragrances. And that already after not even 5 minutes.

Sorry, but I can't recommend the scent to anyone. If you want to spend a lot of money on cheap, artificial clay synthetics, go ahead. The normal Le Male, worn a thousand times and watered down, is clearly better.

The new Le Male / Le Beau
I was pretty surprised,
when a few weeks ago I saw the new men's fragrance of JPG standing in the fragrance shelf .
I was actually assuming
that I discover it first on Parfumo .
The bottle is naturally taken from the fragrance of Gaultier Essence -
only as we have all seen in the meantime he is now with the fig leaf in front of
the best piece . ;-)
On the fragrance strip and on the skin he immediately reminded me of something ...
Not to the well-known LE MALE scent,
but rather leisure time ....vacation, sunshine .
No doubt - the memory of the days
was awakened where my Le Male fragrance mixed with the sun spray on the skin .
This is of course due to the coconut content in the fragrance .
The coconut scent reminds me of the most beautiful time of the year
and is now for this summer my companion ,
as long as it keeps on the skin. And he actually holds several hours with me .
And when summer's over,
i will probably sniff the bottle from time to time -
to remind me of the most beautiful time of the year

Le Male meets Invictus and Kokos
Slightly disappointing scent, although very beautiful, but very sweet/fresh and powdery again. Could be a good mainstreamer again.
Similarity to Invictus I see with a mixture of Le Male and lots of coconut in the tack.
Good summer scent, but rather for under 30 I would say ;)
To me personally too little elegant and too playful sweetness.
Who likes sweet and at the same time fresh summer scents is welcome here.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Doesn't mince his words
Does that still count as Le Male-flanker?! I don't think so. Nevertheless JPG still concentrates on the iconic male body and so even "new" fragrances like "Le Beau" get some of its fame, standing and fans. Clever move that can be variably interpreted and explained. Especially important in this day and age. But it doesn't really matter, because right now you have to consider even the closest flankers as independent, because the scent DNA of the originals often just doesn't play a role anymore, although just cheaply an "Intense" or "Cologne" or "Night" was applauded. Too bad, but not to change.

Back to the essentials: What can "Le Beau", the edgy Adam with leaves in front of the bag, do? No heroics, but enough, if it's up to me. A minimal minty-milky coconut knitster that looks like a cross between "Joop Homme Wild" and "Le Male Essence". Serious face for sweet coconut play. Here is rasped and no chips are spared. Youthful, suitable for clubs, but also for everyday use and the sexy Mit-20er loosely wearable. If you don't get stuck on the sprayer. An Adam for a thousand Evas, a hollow nut with model measures and some in his pants. I'm surprised a leaf's enough. Futurism meets the '90s. Tonka Powerful. Creamy and hypothermic. Don't like to show emotion. Is "Armani Code" almost closer than the "Le Male" handwriting.

Flacon: Essence meets Adam - positively kitschy. As almost always in this legendary series.
Sillage: no flathead, that's for sure. Even with a serious face, coconut is not a child of sadness.
Shelf life: 8 hours and up

Conclusion: an adult player. Coco coolness. Nice thing! An uncle without shame
8.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

CarlMacau
Estee Lauder slept through it!
While the Lauder Group earns money with its summery tiare/ coconut scents, the trend for men seems to have completely escaped them.
A man can certainly wear Aerin Lauder - Hibiscus Palm or Fords - Eau de Soleil Blanc very well, but this typical male pithy note is less to be found there. Bishop was smarter than that. 2019 is the year. For Gaultier, though. Here, Lauder puts this missing pithy note into the formulation and markets it in the classic bottle that is known worldwide. More wood. More typical chemistry of Gaultier DNA and a shot of Tonka. Voila! The heavy Tiare shrunk to homeopathic size and fire free! The coconut disco fragrance for the young and experimental man. I don't think I'll ever see the sales figures. At least not by and large. It is not difficult to expect a different formulation for the year 2020 again.

Good luck, the fragrance is not a milestone, but could appeal to a minority. Some men are supposed to like bounty bars and coconut too
10.0 8.0 7.0 9.0/10

Seductive, masculine Duftaura
The Le Male DNA is already recognizable, although it has been pleasantly reduced to create a raison d'être for this new fragrance. I think it's very fine that Le Beau was supplemented with a more than decent portion of tonka bean, which reminds me a little of Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême at least in the beginning. He has something seductive masculine about him, I'll give him that.

I only perceive the coconut discreetly in the background. All in all, it does dampen the sweetness a little. So those who expect sugar water will be disappointed. The fragrance is youthfully sweet, but not exaggerated. The bergamot also gives it a fresh fragrance.

Altogether the main components tonka bean, bergamot and coconut wood are harmoniously coordinated with each other and everything in itself appears harmonious, without corners and edges. However, there is hardly any real development - but that was to be expected. For me, Le Bau is a linear fragrance that simply weakens over time.

The Sillage is above average for me, durability is fine. It can be worn at any time of the year, but I wouldn't recommend it for the absolute height of summer. He's too cute for that
8.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Time machine
I tested the sample today at more humane temperatures. 24 degrees, clear air.
Awesome stuff ...
but now to the headline, the scent has so many facets that one partly experiences a time travel..
He starts modern 2019 ... then follows a little journey into the past to Le Male essence, after this short journey he leads us (or on my skin) even further into the past ...
a breath of 1995 unfolds ... then short a flowery journey towards 2007 and finally we arrive at a Best of in 2019 .
I have the scent for about 35min on the skin and smell in the sense of science ;) every minute on it . Again and again I perceive well-known nuances which are to be found in the new recipe.

I find him very well done and absolutely world class, but ... he doesn't like the heat ... at least on my skin ... the yesterday at 36 degrees and standing air in the city between the canyons I perceived only coconut and a touch of Tonka .
But today he shows me his symphony and how I think, paired with all Le Male facets !

Conclusion: absolutely perfect perfume.
It's worth testing !!!

Jazzy76 30 hours ago
sweet-woody, almost gourmand, this scent follows the new trend being a little banal.Anyway quite good and longlasting. Kitsch the bottle
JoaoMartins 7 days ago
Don't even bother. Smells like every other designer perfume made in the last 5 years.+1
0.5
Spiff 25 days ago
Le Male Essence also by Bisch was an outstanding frag.As Morpheus1 said this quickly turns to tonka overload akin to CH Kings.Disappointing.
9.0