Le Beau by Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Beau is a new perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by Puig.

Quentin Bisch

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoconut wood
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 21.11.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

A treat
Here in the coal pot the remark has: "You look delicious ! two different meanings.
Either - you look good, though - or you look worn out, though.
You have to hear out the subtle differences in emphasis.

Le Beau is delicious in a positive sense.

He is not a fat gourmand - but still very appetizing.

The tonka bean is round and sweetish, but experiences freshness and lightness through the bergamot.
The woods are also soft and discreet.

A very attractive scent, which I feel as unisex.

It is suitable for the workplace and for leisure time - and I don't see any age limit either.

A good all-rounder with " Schmiegecharakter " - which is really " beau ".
9.0 7.0 7.0 6.0/10

Carlitos01
I hope that Adam did not smell like this...
[short review]
By today's evening, my Neroli EDT had long disappeared. As I passed by Séphora, I saw Gaultier's "Le Beau", also known localkly as "Adam of the Leaf", showing me its attributes on the store's main window display. "Why not? I don't need to die stupid!" ... and I passed to the action. I set the shopping bags on the floor, and quickly - just as not to be informatively assaulted by the dolls in uniform patrolling behind and in front of the counters - sprayed my first three "Le Beau" whiffs on my arm to sniff and wonder about it along the mall corridors. "At least the bottle is pretty enough, so let's try the juice" thought I ...
Fifty meters and two reflective thoughts down the corridor, while seeing Zara's entrance at a distance, I gave the third deep and final sniff on my arm. I couldn't help but mutter between my theeth, "I should have died stupid after all !!!" I am the sort of person that cannot stand an ultra synthetic coconut note, not even in a shower gel. What a generic syrup!!! It does have a strong vibe of some Axe scents, that cost 10x less.
The problem was easy to solve. I went into the toilet, washed the scenting arm only twice because the fragrance, was easy to wash even if recently applied, and went into the Zara store to compensate my guinea pig upper limb with 3 sprays of #Tobacco Collection - Rich / Warm / Addictive. This one is inexpensive as all Zara fragrances. It's what I like to call a poor but an honest scent. And I left Zara happy as a child, thinking that I smelled a bit like Pegasus from Parfums de Marly.

PS - Forgive me the supporters of JPG perfumes. I am one of those who still uses "Le Male" from time to time, and I really do like "Le Male Essence". But this one is really very generic.
10.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Raffaelo to spray on
After my statement from a short time ago I follow up with a comment. Purchased this month. I didn't know what to expect, but I'm a fan of coconut scents and the Le Male-scents and Flanker are usually very good anyway. If you look at the net, it's not that expensive.
Whether you can call him the Flanker of Le Male... you don't know. The outfit's exactly the same. Men's torso, identical bottle and the usual tin can as packaging. Le Male is missing, but I think you can already see him as a Flanker. Here the name was chosen in the beautiful one, in addition a sheet like Adam also carried it. Cool idea in any case and great blue. It's transparent, a little bit of Le Male Essence. The concept was definitely appealing for me: great bottle and great fragrance pyramid.

About the scent: I have looked once whether I find somewhere a more extensive pyramid, however, have found no other than indicated here. Whether only these 3 scents are contained remains to be doubted, but a magnificently complex scent is not this and also no great course recognizable. I don't always have to. Especially with summery fragrance types it is nice to wear a simple No-Brainer, which does not overstrain unnecessarily and supports the simple carefree summer feeling. Coconut is a great note for it, which is also quite unique. This coconut note is always in the foreground the first hours. Reminds me of a Raphaelo. The tasty coconut-almond-ball comes quite close to this creation, because here beside the coconut also a creamy-sweet Tonka note is very present. In the beginning it is coconut with a little bit of tonka, to the dry-down the leaf turns and tonka stands in the foreground with a more subtle coconut note. Fresh and discreetly woody notes complement this creation.
All in all a great good mood mix for warmer days. Nothing quite serious, rather something for the casual area such as the summer leisure time, for the lake and other occasions without much frills. Super modern and perfect for teenagers and young adults but also for coconut fans. If you want to wear a more noble coconut scent, you should rather go to Creeds Virgin Island Water. Although this Le Beau is not trashy, it is not suitable for everyday use. It will probably not become a box-office hit, but it could well go down well with many, as it is quite unique and also modern. Especially with young people and in addition it is very unisex-suitable, since a "Raffaelo"-fragrance can be assigned rather to no sex.

Performance is also quite good but also not bombastic like many other Le Male flankers. It lasts many hours already with initially very good Sillage. Satisfactory.

Altogether a very solid release, which doesn't knock me off my feet and you don't necessarily have to have it in your collection. Still a nice alternative for summer leisure.

Dkay31
Stuffs the summer hole :)
Hello everyone :)

In the beginning it smells very fresh a light summer breeze when you walk through a flower field, in the departure comes (again) the vanilla smell and sprays the lust in the summer, this sweet note smells delicious, is not pushy and is just fun.

Maybe that gives many comparable scents, but especially in the designer area it is nothing new that there are copies of copies, I also think he gives a little bit of self-confidence.

The durability is very long for an EDT, I put it up this morning at 6 o'clock and at 13 o'clock was still quite easy to smell something.

For me the fragrance is worth every cent, but wouldn't buy it a second time because otherwise for me the "special something" gets lost and it becomes the standard, and for me perfume in general is something special because it's also damn expensive, so I get if it goes always new or other varieties, nothing the less, CLARE BUY RECOMMENDATION :)
7.0 7.0 8.0 5.0/10

Morpheus1
Le Beau? More like Le Terrible!
Jean-Paul: What has become of you?
As a worshipper of your greatest masterpiece JPG2, I have to write something like this once.

Today the newest creation from JPG was tested. It's okay in the beginning. Light trains from the original Le Male with coconut, hmm ok "not so bad" I thought.

Then all of a sudden after a few minutes the Tonka steamroller came and wanted to fascinate me regardless of my losses or my wallet. It sticks to the skin like superglue. No use doing the dishes. Well at least the target group gets something for the expensive money. Stubbornness in the base note.

The fragrance speaks volumes for a whole series of new releases, all ending in a synthetically cheap stabbing, sweet tonka bean base. Like Spicebomb Nightvision or CH Kings. I can't smell it anymore. My nose sounds the alarm immediately. Wear or even buy? Never.

Is that all that's possible today? No trace of quality or ingenuity. Only greed for profit everywhere.

Le Beau comes CH Kings very similar in base. No wonder. Both are based on the same concepts and basic fragrances. And that already after not even 5 minutes.

Sorry, but I can't recommend the scent to anyone. If you want to spend a lot of money on cheap, artificial clay synthetics, go ahead. The normal Le Male, worn a thousand times and watered down, is clearly better.

The new Le Male / Le Beau
I was pretty surprised,
when a few weeks ago I saw the new men's fragrance of JPG standing in the fragrance shelf .
I was actually assuming
that I discover it first on Parfumo .
The bottle is naturally taken from the fragrance of Gaultier Essence -
only as we have all seen in the meantime he is now with the fig leaf in front of
the best piece . ;-)
On the fragrance strip and on the skin he immediately reminded me of something ...
Not to the well-known LE MALE scent,
but rather leisure time ....vacation, sunshine .
No doubt - the memory of the days
was awakened where my Le Male fragrance mixed with the sun spray on the skin .
This is of course due to the coconut content in the fragrance .
The coconut scent reminds me of the most beautiful time of the year
and is now for this summer my companion ,
as long as it keeps on the skin. And he actually holds several hours with me .
And when summer's over,
i will probably sniff the bottle from time to time -
to remind me of the most beautiful time of the year

Le Male meets Invictus and Kokos
Slightly disappointing scent, although very beautiful, but very sweet/fresh and powdery again. Could be a good mainstreamer again.
Similarity to Invictus I see with a mixture of Le Male and lots of coconut in the tack.
Good summer scent, but rather for under 30 I would say ;)
To me personally too little elegant and too playful sweetness.
Who likes sweet and at the same time fresh summer scents is welcome here.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Doesn't mince his words
Does that still count as Le Male-flanker?! I don't think so. Nevertheless JPG still concentrates on the iconic male body and so even "new" fragrances like "Le Beau" get some of its fame, standing and fans. Clever move that can be variably interpreted and explained. Especially important in this day and age. But it doesn't really matter, because right now you have to consider even the closest flankers as independent, because the scent DNA of the originals often just doesn't play a role anymore, although just cheaply an "Intense" or "Cologne" or "Night" was applauded. Too bad, but not to change.

Back to the essentials: What can "Le Beau", the edgy Adam with leaves in front of the bag, do? No heroics, but enough, if it's up to me. A minimal minty-milky coconut knitster that looks like a cross between "Joop Homme Wild" and "Le Male Essence". Serious face for sweet coconut play. Here is rasped and no chips are spared. Youthful, suitable for clubs, but also for everyday use and the sexy Mit-20er loosely wearable. If you don't get stuck on the sprayer. An Adam for a thousand Evas, a hollow nut with model measures and some in his pants. I'm surprised a leaf's enough. Futurism meets the '90s. Tonka Powerful. Creamy and hypothermic. Don't like to show emotion. Is "Armani Code" almost closer than the "Le Male" handwriting.

Flacon: Essence meets Adam - positively kitschy. As almost always in this legendary series.
Sillage: no flathead, that's for sure. Even with a serious face, coconut is not a child of sadness.
Shelf life: 8 hours and up

Conclusion: an adult player. Coco coolness. Nice thing! An uncle without shame
8.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

CarlMacau
Estee Lauder slept through it!
While the Lauder Group earns money with its summery tiare/ coconut scents, the trend for men seems to have completely escaped them.
A man can certainly wear Aerin Lauder - Hibiscus Palm or Fords - Eau de Soleil Blanc very well, but this typical male pithy note is less to be found there. Bishop was smarter than that. 2019 is the year. For Gaultier, though. Here, Lauder puts this missing pithy note into the formulation and markets it in the classic bottle that is known worldwide. More wood. More typical chemistry of Gaultier DNA and a shot of Tonka. Voila! The heavy Tiare shrunk to homeopathic size and fire free! The coconut disco fragrance for the young and experimental man. I don't think I'll ever see the sales figures. At least not by and large. It is not difficult to expect a different formulation for the year 2020 again.

Good luck, the fragrance is not a milestone, but could appeal to a minority. Some men are supposed to like bounty bars and coconut too
10.0 8.0 7.0 8.0/10

Seductive, masculine Duftaura
The Le Male DNA is already recognizable, although it has been pleasantly reduced to create a raison d'être for this new fragrance. I think it's very fine that Le Beau was supplemented with a more than decent portion of tonka bean, which reminds me a little of Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême at least in the beginning. He has something seductive masculine about him, I'll give him that.

I only perceive the coconut discreetly in the background. All in all, it does dampen the sweetness a little. So those who expect sugar water will be disappointed. The fragrance is youthfully sweet, but not exaggerated. The bergamot also gives it a fresh fragrance.

Altogether the main components tonka bean, bergamot and coconut wood are harmoniously coordinated with each other and everything in itself appears harmonious, without corners and edges. However, there is hardly any real development - but that was to be expected. For me, Le Bau is a linear fragrance that simply weakens over time.

The Sillage is above average for me, durability is fine. It can be worn at any time of the year, but I wouldn't recommend it for the absolute height of summer. He's too cute for that
8.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Time machine
I tested the sample today at more humane temperatures. 24 degrees, clear air.
Awesome stuff ...
but now to the headline, the scent has so many facets that one partly experiences a time travel..
He starts modern 2019 ... then follows a little journey into the past to Le Male essence, after this short journey he leads us (or on my skin) even further into the past ...
a breath of 1995 unfolds ... then short a flowery journey towards 2007 and finally we arrive at a Best of in 2019 .
I have the scent for about 35min on the skin and smell in the sense of science ;) every minute on it . Again and again I perceive well-known nuances which are to be found in the new recipe.

I find him very well done and absolutely world class, but ... he doesn't like the heat ... at least on my skin ... the yesterday at 36 degrees and standing air in the city between the canyons I perceived only coconut and a touch of Tonka .
But today he shows me his symphony and how I think, paired with all Le Male facets !

Conclusion: absolutely perfect perfume.
It's worth testing !!!

DPArtist 51 days ago
Very nice, uplifting & fun scent. Sweet & tropical but don't go expecting anything too unique among recent designer releases. Cool bottle!+1
Carlitos01 75 days ago
I am one of those who still uses "Le Male" from time to time, and I really do like "Le Male Essence". But this one is very, very generic.+6
6.0
Jazzy76 90 days ago
sweet-woody, almost gourmand, this scent follows the new trend being a little banal.Anyway quite good and longlasting. Kitsch the bottle
JoaoMartins 95 days ago
Don't even bother. Smells like every other designer perfume made in the last 5 years.+1
0.5
Spiff 114 days ago
Le Male Essence also by Bisch was an outstanding frag.As Morpheus1 said this quickly turns to tonka overload akin to CH Kings.Disappointing.
6.0