Le Mâle 1995 Eau de Toilette

Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier
Bottle Design Jean Paul Gaultier
Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for men and was released in 1995. The scent is sweet-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Viride

SandalwoodSandalwood
Tonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.07.2021.

Merim
A flower that only smells for a short time.
Who does not know him? After a long time I have dared and bought him

The scent is very nice, rather sweet, deeper and somehow special, it also does not smell cheap like others.

The bottle and the packaging are just absolutely high quality and ingeniously made.

However, the sillage is simply weak and disappointing in my opinion. After a few minutes, you take him unfortunately no longer perceived, but I used him only in the summer. Maybe he keeps longer in other seasons?

For me personally, rather not a fragrance that I would buy a second time. Eventually I try times the Eau de Parfum variant from.

Conclusion: Beautiful fragrance, with short breath.
OudSillager
The younger brothers can do better
I'm keeping it tight. I am a huge fan of JPG and have tried many fragrances. But honestly, I don't like the original Le male at all. The performance is relatively good, but the scent itself is just bad. I think it smells a bit like cough syrup or some other medicine. I also find it kind of feminine or floral. In my opinion, the worst of the le male series. I find the le male le parfum, around worlds better and its young brother Ultra male, pulls him anyway in each discipline the ears long. For me, unfortunately, really nothing.

Anyone who likes the fragrance but should not worry about the performance and can buy the quiet.
Lavender field in Provence
This is my first review on Parfumo, please forgive me for any mistakes :)

Why Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle? Why did this fragrance in particular deserve my first review on Parfumo?

Apart from being the first designer fragrance I've had the pleasure of calling my own, this one has managed to do something that no single fragrance in my current collection has managed to do.

He evokes images in my mind's eye.

When I apply this fragrance, I am directly at a port in Provence. Expansive ships with oriental spices and herbs I can perceive. Adjacent a lushly blooming, purple lavender field. Omnipresent the fresh sea air that caresses one. I take deep breaths and enjoy.

These are the associations I have when wearing Le Mâle. I absolutely had to share these.

In advance, I must confess that I have by far not such a trained nose, which can smell out the individual ingredients, as some others or others in this community.

Le Mâle starts with a fresh, oriental aroma. At the beginning, the lavender is still in the background. After about an hour, however, this emerges from its shadowy existence and envelops its wearer in an aura that is balm for the soul and draws others under its spell. At the end, after about 7-8 hours, the lavender steps back into the background and something earthy-grassy appears, perhaps the amber?

Le Mâle is certainly not for everyone. But the fragrance does not want that at all. Rather, one must clearly engage with him. If you do this, you will be rewarded with images of Provence, abducted to another place.

Some may disagree, that's fine too. Maybe others will even agree with me?

Anyway, I wanted to make my passion for this fragrance known and who knows, maybe I could inspire one or the other, if he or she is not already addicted to this fragrance experience
My first perfume
Hello everyone,

I start here and now with my first perfume review on parfumo and dedicate this to Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle.

My passion for fragrances didn't start until Christmas 2018.

I did not know what I should want this year from my loved ones, there I rummaged around a few days before Christmas Eve on the Internet and came across by chance on a YouTube video where with the Le Mâle was presented...
I was of course very interested and then finally got him as a gift.
The wrapping paper flew through the area and shortly thereafter he was unpacked,
the flacon I felt extraordinary and most interesting.
When I finally sprayed it on I was blown away, I liked Le Mâle immediately and found it very pleasant, a sweet vanilla, lavender, cinnamon scent that also lasted a long time and then later brought compliments.
I still wear it today and enjoy it very much when it unfolds and I am enveloped in this delicious cloud of fragrance.
Today my collection has changed a lot, I already owned several mainstream perfumes and
at some point I finally discovered the vintage category.
After I acquired many classics I also learned about their reformulations and put me gradually my vintage collection, the Le Mâle I own proudly twice in the original version from the later 90s and am very happy to have got hold of this.

Jean Paul Gaultier brought out at that time a fragrance suitable for the masses which rightly brought in such a great success.

He will always remain in my collection!

Thanks for reading & please don't take offense at my first review! :-)
Very beautiful
Even if durability and sillage are not the best of the best you can live with it. There is hardly anyone who does not like him. So if you want to be on the safe side, it goes at least in the colder season very well. In the warm I would wear him but in no case. In addition, it makes alone due to its unusual flacon in each collection what her. Definitely but what for the younger. With 25 I would not wear it in public. For himself privately at home he goes of course but always.
Compliments en masse
This fragrance is a real classic !
I must honestly confess I love this fragrance, I wear it again and again with pleasure to all possible occasions. According to my personal assessment, he also smells simply horny. But you also have to be honest that he no longer really smells modern. But that should not bother you because you are often addressed to the fragrance and you get many compliments. It can be now and then but that one gets said: "Hey you smell like my ex". Or just like the father. This can be good or bad because on a date memories of an ex who has vlt not treated well to cause is not exactly the best idea ;-).
The fragrance itself starts with a strong cinnamon note which then evaporates quite quickly and woody vanilla then continues to smell until the end.

All in all, you can say it is still a mega compliment getter, which you can wear not only to the date or in the club but can also use well as an all-rounder. The fragrance still has POWER!

1998 Le Male
I had the 2012 version, and back in the time it was pretty damn good! Something new for me I was just starting to sniff some fragrances here and there,then I didn’t know this was reformulated so after I ran out I bought another bottle from the store in 2018....it was cheap but even those 40€ I regret them giving.
Very cheap smelling synthetic,without a character,no mint in the opening it just goes straight to cheap vanilla drydown.
Last week I was able to pick up a 1998 le male for a very good price,and this is what I wanted,so bole, so rich, so thick, so dense i was blown away how this fragrance could atay so perfect for 22years
I won’t even discuss about longevity I mean it is unbelievable, sprayed it at 21:00h next day 16h still on my arm, it’s like a vanilla&mint on some serious steroids.

Classic Scent
An all-time classic and one of my first real fragrances. I think it was the bottle that drew me to this initially, but the scent is why I continue to rebuy. I smell a powdery floral lavender and vanilla, with an aire of spice and mint. It has great longevity and projection.
First great love
So, I write my first comment here at Profumo. And what fragrance would be more appropriate than my first great love?
Fragrances have always fascinated me somehow. As a teenager, I have tried me through half the drugstore assortment of fragrances, had fragrances from s.Oliver to Playboy to James Bond. Here and there were quite nice things in it, but so one hundred percent had convinced me yet none.
2014, with 17 years, it was then so far. I bought me the first "good". It was the last day of my very last summer vacation. I was out with my parents, shopping and afterwards again eat nice. I was drawn to the store with the big D, and there it was. I had always liked the bottle, hardly any of them catches the eye so much. Again quickly tested, found good and bought. Before dinner, I sprayed the fragrance directly in the car. That was love. A love that lasts until today.
I have always perceived Le Male as pleasantly (but not too) sweet, spicy and slightly tart. At the time, it was a good way to wean myself off the all-encompassing 1 Million (which has since snuck into my small collection after all).
I have subsequently worn him for just under half a year every day, have smelled me almost dead on him. Meanwhile, I wear him therefore only rarely. I just recently re-purchased it and put it on for this comment.
What can I say It is and remains my first great love, the first "good one", the first one that fully convinced me at the time. Quasi my final entry into the world of fragrances. It MUST always be there, whether I wear it or not. I just love him.
My old racehorse
This fragrance has served me for several years and I was completely satisfied.however, this fragrance was for me the all-rounder instead of classically a clubbing or date fragrance. In these years, he has brought me many very positive compliments. At the first spray, a freshness permeates through which, however, evaporates within the first half hour. Then all that's left is.... the sweet vanilla.... and that lasts very long and in a pleasant way. Absolutely worth the money, but for me too long in possession and worn too often and too many people recognize it directly. I have nevertheless remained faithful to the house. The fragrance has now been replaced by the Ultra Male, which has everything the regular JPG has + that unique strong pear note.

AdiaAdia 1 month ago
Quite a strong, noticable scent, many people will comment on it. This is not for every day use but rather for nights out & making statemnts.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 3 months ago
I really tried to like this one. Nope, not for me.powdery,outdated,mainstream.respect to creater and company hyping this up so successfully.
StaticStatic 3 months ago
memories and many years later you discover that the nose behind This one ...Francis Kurkdjian 19 years old. This world is heavenly with him
BS96BS96 3 months ago
Vintage version only. A fresh sexy vanilla-mint bomb. Best of oriental/fougere designer of all time, ps: be aware of unexpected compliments.
JayNayJayNay 4 months ago
When this frag came on the market is went off like a rocket. I liked it then, in my younger days. My 2nd bottle I gave away. Shouter stuff.
EstbienlaEstbienla 7 months ago
Before the 2005s, it was an exceptional perfume, but after it became more synthetic, less deep, bad when drying before 2010 (10/10) after...
IondeIonde 11 months ago
(Early 2000's batch) Remains a timeless choice for a young man out for the evening/club, not so common as Eros nowadays.
Amine1989Amine1989 12 months ago
I'm in love with it , the vanilla is so nice they did a excellent job that why its so famous
JohnnieShoreJohnnieShore 1 year ago
Took me a while to enjoy this one. For outdoor wear. Bitter and sweet at the same time. Masculine but not macho.
HubertGHubertG 1 year ago
masterpiece, recognize it in 2", trendsetter for many years, love the lavender with mint and vanilla together, a must have in the late 90s

Discussions about Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette)

by Scottie
by GreenC
by DeVitoHH
by DeVitoHH
by Miaw2
Jean Paul Gaultier - Le Male 75ml: links Flakon aus 2011, rechts Flakon aus 2002
Jean Paul Gaultier - Le Male 75ml: links Flakon 2011, rechts Flakon aus 2002
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte
by Pepper81
by Pepper81
by Linusmart
by Linusmart

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier