Ma Dame (2008) Eau de Toilette

Ma Dame (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier
Bottle Design: Luigi Bormioli

Ma Dame (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for women and was released in 2008. The scent is fruity-fresh. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange zest
Heart Notes Heart NotesGrenadine, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 03.02.2018

10.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10
"Gaultier Masterpiece"
Of course a "Gaultier Masterpiece" which was expected since I already own the Ma Dame edp appropriate for winter. This is a spring/summer perfume, long lasting and fresh combining citrus/rose/sweetness and presenting a unique aroma which will be noticed by many. The woody notes stand in the background without making the perfume at all heavy and suffocating. Lovely choice with a very nice bottle. Extra happy with it!!! True gem!!!
10.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10
LadyRogue
For Your Inner Rock-Chic!
I love J.P. Gaultier fragrances, they're original and a bit mad....They are my scent antithesis to Chanel, Dior et cetera and everything "posh" and 'politically scent correct'.

Grenadine is -normally- something I walk away from....in a hurry! It also has a slight Play-Doh vibe: Play-Doh is something I haven't touched since kindergarten...never mind that I would like to smell it in a perfume! A gentle rose got added and then there is this powdery note that acts like a bed for the drydown...Mad--Yet, in JPGs Ma Dame these odd notes seem to make sense, as they have a: 'semi punk, rock chic meets Banksy and sprays a graffiti pink heart on the front door of her secret crush' -- vibe, that is fun, cheery and manages to be pretty at the same time.
Now, it's true! This is a scent for a certain mood and not something I wear a lot, but when that crazy mood strikes, this is my pretty, crazy, unusual and fun French Ma Dame that I like to hang out with.

On me, grenadine is the opening note accompanied by that odd 'Play-Doh' vibe. But fear not, it will soon disappear and give way to a rose that is dragging a bed of musk. I am sure an orange has joined the party, but I think the orange jumped in the grenadine punch and is now an apparition rather than a clear note. It's all intermingled into a pretty, unusual, creamy and seductive drydown.

I can highly recommend it for your 'inner rock-chick' because if this scent were a song it would be Blondie's "Denis".... Unusual with its own type of class. Love it or hate it....I don't think she cares.

Silage is: "I am FUN!" -- Longevity is: A crazy yet pretty 5+ hours.
1.0/10
Awesomeness
I'm certain. I don't like this composition.
I like the rose in this, and the pink pepper is subdued. However, dry cedar shaving coupled with a dewy sweetness just ruined it for me. If you like Dior Midnight Poison, you might like MaDame too. At the end of the day, it just wasn't for me.
5.0 7.5 6.0/10
I'm not sure if I like it...
It's a little difficult to review this fragrance seeming that I have a close friend that uses Ma Dame as her signature. It suits her very well. She's a bubbly, petite Greek girl whose personality can light up a whole room.

Ma Dame is unique just like she is. It's what I'd call a daring juicy floral. The floral note of rose is pink and pretty, however the grenadine and orange provides a zesty feel, somewhat alcoholic and wild at times.

It's a fresh fragrance, but that's not to say that it's reserved only for Summer wear. It could be worn all year round in my opinion. It's the type of scent that keeps you energised, particularly with its juicy sweetness and its almost plastic rose.

I'll be honest and admit that I don't particularly enjoy the opening of Ma Dame, I found it quite sharp and somewhat reminiscent of plastic and nail polish, however the drydown is quite beautiful. The base is sweet, powdery and musky, arguably the cleanest aspect to this fragrance.

Ma Dame is personally not my cup of tea, but on the right person it smells just amazing. I admire its unique composition and its applausible longevity. The citrusy tartness and the sweet floral accords really work well together in Ma Dame, and I was not surprised to find Francis Kurkdjian as the nose behind this scent.
Ma dame DishSoap
This one is very hard to review a radicly different from the other
Perfumes it has it's own style that can't be compared to other Fragrances
the opening Reminds you of Palmolive
Aloe Vera Dish soap and then i can pick up some Licorice and very faint distant smell of mint it's for women who want
to go walk on the wild side
recomeded for summer and hot weather

by Lanto