Scandal by Jean Paul Gaultier
Bottle Design: Marc Ange

Scandal is a perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for women and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesGardenia, Blood orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoney
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 07.08.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is Hungarian model Vanessa Axente.

10.0 10.0 2.0 2.0/10

Honey sweet sugar shock
I wanted to love him ... i found the flacon design so ingenious and the notes sounded delicious. For a souk sale I got a small filling (thank you, B1I1B! ♥) and had the opportunity to try it out.

Snooped at the Pröbchen - nice! Warm and spicy!
Sprayed on - Ui! Great top note! Flowery, spicy, warm!
Half an hour later the heart note came out - nope. Nope, nope, nope!

The flowery top note didn't last long and the heart is as sweet as it gets - in an unsightly way: I can't get out of my nose tingling and sneezing! And no, I have no known allergies, that's just the scent and the Sillage is not only strong but almost murderous ... Honey and patchouli shake hands and assert themselves about half an hour after application - they've come to stay: One day later I still only smell these two super sweet components - no, thanks!
8.0 9.0 9.0 8.0/10

MarieTheres
'Cause I will be your honey bee
"Show me round your fruit cakes / 'Cause I will be your honey bee"
- Yeah, you're a honeybee, you "scandal". A honey bee, lured by gardenia and blood orange. At a picnic on a hot day at the lake, flowers all around - and I unpack the orange soda. Wonderful, that hisses when opening and tingles so beautifully!

"Open up your fruit cakes / Where the fruit is as sweet as can be"
- Sweet, yes, you're sweet, incredibly sweet. You are not much other than sweet, not particularly flowery or fruity, not woody, not tangy - "scandal", you simply smell of honey. After freshly spun honey, just filled into the glass and ready to be smeared on a piece of bread and butter. Ready to be eaten.

"All you do is call me / I'll be anything you need"
- All I have to do is take you out of the closet, spray you on, and you're there. You don't need time to work, a splash on the skin or the clothes and there you stay. Surround me with your scent, you honeybee. Less is more here, because your Sillage is really strong. Your scent is straight, towards the end you buzz off towards the flowering summer meadow - but always looking for nectar.

"This is the new stuff / I go dancing in"
- Well, you're not the latest shit, maybe you're not a scandal - sweet fragrances are trendy at the moment and really nothing new. But unique, yes, you are. I do not know of any such honey scent that is so unflowery and so powerful. I'm in a good mood - who wants to dance...?

"I'm your sledgehammer / Let there be no doubt about it"
- No other fragrance in my collection, no other fragrance (not vanilla, not tonka bean, not whipped cream,...) is such a hammer as "Scandal". Well-dosed it may be wearable in the office, but I think it's more for leisure time or in the evening to go away. Although he's not really "chic" either - rather lively.

"It's what we're doing, doing / All day and night"
- At first I thought I couldn't keep him on my skin - but somehow he has something. You just have to test it and see if the skin chemistry is right. I don't eat honey, but I kind of like smelling it. "Scandal" is simply something completely different, a gourmand direction that is far away from Praline and Co. The durability is really great - sprayed in the morning, the bee accompanies me through the night.

"This amusement never ends"

Scandal by Jean Paul Gaultier
There will be no scandal!
The perfume opens with citrus smell. Fresh, clean, juicy. Then, after a few seconds the honey enters the stage like a primadonna. Now it is it turn to show what it can do. From now on it is all about honey. A sweet, intoxicating honey. Because the citrus smell does not disapear completely, honey is not so syrupy. It has a sparkling touch that gives a fresh feeling. This removes the sticky trait of honey. It is refreshing, pleasant and full of joy. It suits a woman capable of awakening burning passions, eager to always flirt, independent and free as a bird in the sky. This woman will always leave behind a trace of scandal. Maybe not outside, but surely inside.
The perfume remains like this for a few hours.
The dry-down is a patchouli with honey. It has a good longevity, while the sillage is pretty good too.
Scandal perfectly adapts to market requirements. It’s what ?s been looking for, what many women wear. It is in the trend.
So, if you are looking for a honey fragrance, softened with citrus and settled by patchouli, you can try Scandal.
5.0 6.0 10.0 2.0/10

StellaDiverF
The usual trope of "sexy" sweet fruitchouli and "fresh clean"...
The very first moment of JPG Scandal sprayed from the nozzle is a saccharine cloud of medicinal raspberry, typical of gourmand fruitchouli. What ensues is a nutty, tropical tart green accord over a fuzzy gourmand vanilla, which reminds me of a similar combination in Mugler Aura. Only that the vanilla is more subdued in Scandal, and a fresh, aquatic, almost laundry-like facet is more emphasised here as well, which is frankly quite nauseating to me during the first 3 hours.

I can hardly detect anything in a natural floral way. And although I can occasionally perceive the tart, juicy blood orange, it's mostly drowned in the archetypical fruitchouli mess with a scratchy praline on top. The final dry down after about 10 hours is more acceptable for me, with a honeyed patchouli similar to that in Mugler Eau de Star, and adorned with some roasted nuts sprinkled atop. But unfortunately, the squeaky clean laundry musk and irritating synthetic sweetness still haunt in the background.

The sillage is mostly moderate, while the longevity exceeds 12 hours on me.

With the overwhelming synthetic fruity vanilla sweetness and the brazen laundry musk, Scandal unfortunately places two of my least favourite olfactory elements in the center. Although I think it fits the general "sexy sweet yet fresh clean" trend dutifully, I don't find it original or exceptionally well done. Therefore, I personally would not particularly seek it out.

JoaoMartins 7 months ago
My grandma wears this fragrance a lot. Overwhelmingly synthetic. Don't like it very much+1
10.0
9.0
4.0
Cym 16 months ago
Tangy, assertive orange blossom, honey & patchouli that you have surely smelled elsewhere before. Rather synthetic-smelling on me.+4
DorothyGrace 24 months ago
On me, artificial, opens sour, develops strangely sweet, bad tooth smell. No oranges or gardenia for me. Smells a bit off.+2
9.0
6.0
3.5
Lexa 24 months ago
What's with all this 'let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya and take whatever sweet stuff we find,mix it with a citrus opening and let out'+8
6.0