Scandal by Jean Paul Gaultier
Bottle Design Marc Ange
Scandal is a perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for women and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesGardenia, Blood orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoney
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 27.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is Hungarian model Vanessa Axente.

Blabbelnico
From sweetness to lightness!
The top note at the beginning is a bit violently sweet and a bit synthetic and you get a bit slapped. But that subsides relatively quickly and then this wonderful honey scent comes out in the heart. It smells amazingly intense of real, pure honey. This note then lasts quite long (how nice!) and then goes shallowly into the base note, where the honey mixes with the patchouli, softening the sweetness a bit and making the fragrance lighter.

There's something about the bottle. I like the simple lettering and the slightly pink color - but I'm not sure what to think of the legs :D somehow a bit too much for me. But still original and it fits to JPG - that's why I gave it 8 points ;)
Such a scandal
Today I have to take up the cudgels for Scandal.
Here on Parfumo he comes off rather badly what this fragrance but in my opinion does not deserve.
Yeah, he's sweet and not exactly subtle and natural. But every year there are many far worse scents coming out
I tested it for the first time in 2017 in the perfumery department of Kastner&Öhler department store Forewarned by Parfumo that it was quite a blast, I just sprayed a mini spray on my wrist.
He's cute, yeah. But here the secret is in the dosage. A normal, not quite squeezed through sprayer or two to three very tender mini sprayers - just press the spray head very lightly -, that's how I now dose Scandal by Jean Paul Gaultier.
People always ask for durability and sillage. Please, here it is!

The dosage must be handled with similar care as with Mugler fragrances. I can well understand that overdosage can be a blow to the head A homeopathic dosage does the fragrance good.

The fragrance should only consist of a few ingredients. Gardenia is rather not so dominant here, but it is
more like blood orange and honey. Patchouli is also present, but it's more harmonious here than in other sweet mainstream fragrances.
All in all, the composition of the fragrance indigrents is good and harmonious.

I'm not the sweetest guy in the world, but every now and then it can be sweet. I even get headaches easily with sweet scents in overdose I've never done this with Scandal. In discreet dosage it works harmoniously on me and does not become too much for me Well, but I'm also used to many years of wearing "heavy calibers" like the Florientals and Orientals of the eighties and chypre bombs. Also musk firecrackers like Lutens Khan are allowed. I am only sensitive to sweet things.

I bought a 30 ml bottle of Scandal and wear it every now and then.
I think I will also buy the larger 50 ml bottle with the legs stretched out in the air when the opportunity arises.
No old wives' perfume?
"For the young and sexy ladies out there!" Jeremy says about this fragrance. And he should be right
Admittedly, this fragrance is certainly not intended for women over 40, and they certainly won't find it suitable for themselves. But in my opinion, the scent does not deserve to be torn to pieces like that.

The smell is actually very sweet. But: most of the other sweet scents are simply either chemically sweet (yes, even the I.E. unbearable BR540 belongs to it) or sweet-fruity or flowery.
This is not to be found at Scandal, not even the omnipresent Neroli, which likes to let a fragrance appear arbitrary, depending on the combination.
But here something unusual has been created: a very sweet fragrance that smells almost exclusively of honey and is very sexy in spite of that. Only very few perfumes create such sweet perfumes. And it's exactly the sexyness that certainly doesn't make the fragrance a teeny scent, but suits the versatile woman between 20 and 30. The perfect perfume for going out and smelling great and not just any old thing. By the way, this is the fragrance with which I have received the most compliments when going out and celebrating!

My neighbour (48 years old), by the way, also loves this fragrance, she smelled it on me and fell in love with it so much that she has now bought it. And it smells great on her!
In some comments I have read that you carry an unpleasant cloud of perfume around with you. You should actually be aware that you don't spray and spray and spray and spray an intense perfume... Well, so much for that, but everybody's different
Conclusion: a great perfume for young women, especially for partying and definitely a compliment getter!
Eaumygosh
Today Uschi lets the dolls dance
My mother is a huge fan of sweet smells. "Flowerparty by night" has long been her faithful companion in everyday life. For me it was a good hint of liquorice and sweet. At least for special occasions, she always had and still has a bottle of "Deep Red" in her cupboard. I love it too and it always reminds me very much of my mum, as this was her everyday scent during my childhood. Well, sometimes something new has to come along - and if you're someone who never has more than two perfumes, then an empty bottle means: something new has to come along! - Christmas was just around the corner and "Flowerparty by night" was only available in sample size in the bottle. So it was clear: Muddi needs a new fragrance. - I love to read magazines and as fate would have it, there was a "Scandal" sample in a magazine. Sprayed on the wrist and immediately found to be cute as a button. In other words: perfect for my mother. She was really taken with the scent. No, it was more like a blast.

I have to confess. The top notes read very nicely, but the scent on my skin is not very noticeable. "Gardenia" and "Blood Orange" promise a sparkling floral start, but from the beginning I only smell one thing: honey. Heavy, cardboard sweet and warm. "Scandal" reminds me very much of "La Vie est Belle". I wouldn't call it Dupe, but I am interested in the fragrance families. But there is a difference : "La Vie est Belle" is a very sweet fragrance, but its sweetness is quite cool to me. On some days even slightly scratchy. "Scandal" on the other hand is very warm and heavy, although I don't find this fragrance too soft either. Probably it is just a little bit too sweet for me, that's what it will be. The Sillage is strong - 1/2 splashes are enough and you pull a decent honey cloud behind you. The durability is also strong. On clothes it lasts for days, on the skin it lasts a whole day without any problems. For me personally it is a trace too much of the good, but it does not release escape reflexes. Whoever gets soft knees when sniffing "La Vie est Belle", "Black Opium" or "Sì" should try this fragrance. It fits exactly into the prey scheme. When it comes to durability and sillage, there is nothing wrong - it performs very well
Ulli2
Relapse into old scent times ;-)
No criticism is tolerated for this gods honey scent floating down from Olympus.
Everything that pleases has its value and purpose!
I am a child of the 70s with hot Minnis
and tons of musk of Nerval!
Yes and it was applied thickly and if musk did not go, then patchouli in fragrance waves!
Here I find, scandal could join with!
Wearers with self-confidence and drive..
Dancing in the dissse until the morning..
The scent holds, the hot rhythms go into the blood.
Scandal I would find today even more refreshing and fresh than just patchouli or former musk - scented oils!
Wrapped with honey clouds and blossoms, plus some freshness from the citrus note!
That's increased zest for life, that's hot
Hip swings and cheeky body poses in dance
Scandal.
Yes, it would fit and with enthusiasm
godfather Zeus would perfume this at his
Playmates love.

I would have liked it already at that time very much;-)

Amoment
The name suits this fragrance is a scandal
I the sweet strong scents everywhere loves, thought oh yes that is so of a scent for me Before the scent came out you could register for samples you then get by mail. When I had forgotten this long ago, the rehearsal reached me, it took me about 4 weeks. I sprayed it on and what I smelled was strong, heavy and penetrating HONEY... But not in a positive sense. The scent is just pushy and not my case, I also do not like the scent to smell others. I love expressive scents that also last long, but that's really too violent to me
Finchen1976
Winnie Pooh, you old warhorse!
My mom is currently in hospital, while I was picking things up from her at home, I occasionally find myself in her perfume corner. Actually, we are unlike each other in our favorite fragrances, but we seem to become more and more similar in some things.

She is a JPG fan from the very beginning, I even brought her the original perfume directly from Paris a dozen years ago. :-)

Today I found a - by her standards (she is the 100ml woman!) - very small bottle on the shelf, which was scandalous. Uh... 30ml?! My mother? Well, I'll just test.

Oh... Winnie Pooh jumps whistling through a cotton candy field with orange trees, sweet and sweeter with every step. Fruity-sweet.
"Tigga?! Ah, there you are! Want some honey?"
"Na sisha dat!"
And both run on to the sweetest of all honey pots, paws disappear into the pot and into the mouths of the two, sticky so that their teeth almost stick together. But then Winnie takes out his hairspray and styles himself again with his honey mouth.
"Winnie, you old warhorse, get off the piste?"
"Yep!"

I don't know what smells so synthetic in the end, but somehow it has a patchouli hairspray note with a very subtle JPG base that covers the sugar-sweet honey.

The start was sensational for me, afterwards unfortunately no more.
But only to ME myself, I can well imagine that the scent in itself develops great on others. :-)
Honey sweet sugar shock
I wanted to love him ... i found the flacon design so ingenious and the notes sounded delicious. For a souk sale I got a small filling (thank you, B1I1B! ♥) and had the opportunity to try it out.

Snooped at the Pröbchen - nice! Warm and spicy!
Sprayed on - Ui! Great top note! Flowery, spicy, warm!
Half an hour later the heart note came out - nope. Nope, nope, nope!

The flowery top note didn't last long and the heart is as sweet as it gets - in an unsightly way: I can't get out of my nose tingling and sneezing! And no, I have no known allergies, that's just the scent and the Sillage is not only strong but almost murderous ... Honey and patchouli shake hands and assert themselves about half an hour after application - they've come to stay: One day later I still only smell these two super sweet components - no, thanks!
MarieTheres
'Cause I will be your honey bee
"Show me round your fruit cakes / 'Cause I will be your honey bee"
- Yeah, you're a honeybee, you "scandal". A honey bee, lured by gardenia and blood orange. At a picnic on a hot day at the lake, flowers all around - and I unpack the orange soda. Wonderful, that hisses when opening and tingles so beautifully!

"Open up your fruit cakes / Where the fruit is as sweet as can be"
- Sweet, yes, you're sweet, incredibly sweet. You are not much other than sweet, not particularly flowery or fruity, not woody, not tangy - "scandal", you simply smell of honey. After freshly spun honey, just filled into the glass and ready to be smeared on a piece of bread and butter. Ready to be eaten.

"All you do is call me / I'll be anything you need"
- All I have to do is take you out of the closet, spray you on, and you're there. You don't need time to work, a splash on the skin or the clothes and there you stay. Surround me with your scent, you honeybee. Less is more here, because your Sillage is really strong. Your scent is straight, towards the end you buzz off towards the flowering summer meadow - but always looking for nectar.

"This is the new stuff / I go dancing in"
- Well, you're not the latest shit, maybe you're not a scandal - sweet fragrances are trendy at the moment and really nothing new. But unique, yes, you are. I do not know of any such honey scent that is so unflowery and so powerful. I'm in a good mood - who wants to dance...?

"I'm your sledgehammer / Let there be no doubt about it"
- No other fragrance in my collection, no other fragrance (not vanilla, not tonka bean, not whipped cream,...) is such a hammer as "Scandal". Well-dosed it may be wearable in the office, but I think it's more for leisure time or in the evening to go away. Although he's not really "chic" either - rather lively.

"It's what we're doing, doing / All day and night"
- At first I thought I couldn't keep him on my skin - but somehow he has something. You just have to test it and see if the skin chemistry is right. I don't eat honey, but I kind of like smelling it. "Scandal" is simply something completely different, a gourmand direction that is far away from Praline and Co. The durability is really great - sprayed in the morning, the bee accompanies me through the night.

"This amusement never ends"

Scandal by Jean Paul Gaultier
There will be no scandal!
The perfume opens with citrus smell. Fresh, clean, juicy. Then, after a few seconds the honey enters the stage like a primadonna. Now it is it turn to show what it can do. From now on it is all about honey. A sweet, intoxicating honey. Because the citrus smell does not disapear completely, honey is not so syrupy. It has a sparkling touch that gives a fresh feeling. This removes the sticky trait of honey. It is refreshing, pleasant and full of joy. It suits a woman capable of awakening burning passions, eager to always flirt, independent and free as a bird in the sky. This woman will always leave behind a trace of scandal. Maybe not outside, but surely inside.
The perfume remains like this for a few hours.
The dry-down is a patchouli with honey. It has a good longevity, while the sillage is pretty good too.
Scandal perfectly adapts to market requirements. It’s what ?s been looking for, what many women wear. It is in the trend.
So, if you are looking for a honey fragrance, softened with citrus and settled by patchouli, you can try Scandal.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 135 days ago
Warm and sweet, more cocooning than sexy, but very pleasant, anyway , mainly in the cold season. Good sillage but a little kitsch bottle!
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 21 months ago
My grandma wears this fragrance a lot. Overwhelmingly synthetic. Don't like it very much
CymCym 2 years ago
Tangy, assertive orange blossom, honey & patchouli that you have surely smelled elsewhere before. Rather synthetic-smelling on me.
DorothyGraceDorothyGrace 3 years ago
3.5
On me, artificial, opens sour, develops strangely sweet, bad tooth smell. No oranges or gardenia for me. Smells a bit off.
LexaLexa 3 years ago
What's with all this 'let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya and take whatever sweet stuff we find,mix it with a citrus opening and let out'

by Entenradio
by LucyLou
by Normajean12
by Normajean12

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau by Jean Paul Gaultier