Scandal by Jean Paul Gaultier
Bottle Design Marc Ange
Scandal is a perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for women and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesGardeniaGardenia
Blood orangeBlood orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoneyHoney
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 01.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is Hungarian model Vanessa Axente.

Do you love honey?
An absolute gourmand fragrance, just to nibble on. Actually, I'm not a fan of sweet scents, but Scandal has grabbed me. Sweet and intense, but somehow not intrusive. The longevity is sensational, even on clothes. But that's nothing new with JPG.... Love it.

Bee happy
#honey
Muckelina
I didn't like it until later.
Similar to Twilly by Hermes, this scent was a request from my husband.
He wanted absolutely that I own a honey fragrance and Scandal should be it.
I tested him and he did not like me at all, I felt him as sweet, chemical and intrusive. But I bought it and the more often I wore it, the more I liked it.
To me, it smells very synthetic at first. But after 30 minutes, that evaporates and he unfolds his sweet honey scent. In the process, he now no longer reminds me of sugar cone sweetness, I find him noble sweet and interesting. I smell myself the whole day, others also.
Due to the heavy opening, I can't wear it all the time, some days I would get a headache. But when I wear it I am satisfied and happy. I get compliments and I like to get in the car after work and still smell my perfume from the morning.
If you like it a little sweeter and more special, you will like the scent
Sweet scent
At first glance, the flacon is properly femini. The brand you notice already editing the flacon. What can you wish for more? I smell first sweet of honey out. Then comes gardenia with blood orange out. Thought it would be a bit sour. But no. Remains pleasantly sweet. I think it's a spring/autumn scent
Capris
Sweet as a jar of honey.
There are people who can smell colors, or give colors to numbers. I never could - until now. Because this fragrance smells like sunshine. Yellow.
Not that bright bright yellow, but ... Honey yellow.

No big entrance, nothing that's distracting in any way. Just this light, sweet scent. Yellow and warm. Subtle, embracing. It doesn't envelop you, doesn't aggravate, but carries you in a lightness that is perceptible, but not stifling.
Apparently, I just never found the right scent before. Now a new world of perception opens up.

The name is incredibly inappropriate. After the first second, in which one is slain, the fragrance shines in its bloom. Consistent throughout and very long perceptible.
Balticsea
Give that honey love *See I gotta have your honey love baby, slow* Give me that honey love *Give me that sweet, sweet love hey* Give me that honey love
Hello dear perfumers. ??♂️⚓

I knew that one day the moment will come by my perfume addiction will cause discussions at home. However, I didn't expect it to be about a review for a women's perfume. But let's start from the beginning....since the beginning of this year I am registered on Parfumo. I have been browsing here for a long time. But I have always successfully managed to avoid registration. This is mainly because I avoid social media as much as possible. However, the souk here in the forum appealed to me so much that I became weak. At some point I wrote my first comment. And then another and another.....

While writing my commentary on Interlude Man, my wife sat next to me. She looked at me and asked what I was typing frantically into the cell phone keypad. I told her what I was doing. I will never forget that look. That I have a "problem" my wife knew when we met. Because there my fragrance collection was already in triple digits. In the meantime, she has also taken the passion and she is happy about every new bottle. But to write about a fragrance in a forum? That was too much for her.

"Give me Mal - I want to read the Mal" she said. Embarrassed, I handed her my phone. 5 minutes later, she turned her gaze back in my direction. I looked at her, with a mix of curiosity and fear.

"I didn't know you could write like that." she said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" asked I, a little irritated.

"Well you've written a right little story for that nasty scent. Did you make it up yourself? That's cinematic!" she replied, obviously a little impressed. (if you want to read my only comment so far, written like a little horror story, check out my review of Interlude Man - my wife says it's totally underrated here - but it could be that she's biased. So check it out for yourself ;-P ) "Can you also write about a perfume of mine sometime? Please about Oud Satin Mood, or the Vault Foil, or..."

"Stop" I interrupted her "If I review a women's fragrance, I want to pick it. And it then it will also be the scent I love most about you."

A grin flitted across my wife's lips. She looked at me and nodded, " okay honey, then write something about Scandal!"
Since then, my wife has been asking me every thirty minutes when I'm going to start.

So.....let's get started

Flacon: 10/10

Yes how gorgeous is this bottle please? Solid, heavy glass, great sprayer and that lid. Just vulgar and an absolute dream on any shelf. (If you're into kitsch and vulgar)

The fragrance: 10/10

Does this fragrance have a scent progression? No, not a bit

Is this fragrance complex? Not a bit

Can you smell out individual components? Um.....no, so do.....one.....

Great perfume art? Probably not....

Is the fragrance any good? Oh yeah..... let's keep it short, the scent is killer. Of course, this scent smells like sticky, sweet honey from the first second to the last. All other notes don't stand a chance.....this thing is just honey, honey and more honey. But.....JPG practices this one in such a seductive, loud and vulgar way that I'm at a loss for words. JPG is, after all, generally known for launching very loud, flashy scents. With this fragrance, they have created their masterpiece. This is, of course, my opinion. And I understand that people who don't like sweet or loud fragrances will find this scent creepy. But then, a rating of 6.6 is actually completely off the mark. But again, this is my subjective opinion. I personally love loud and sweet scents. My wife, whom I love more than anything (just in case you read this right now, I felt the need to tell you again) by the way, too. And we are both in love with this designer...

Durability: 10/10

Yeah what can I say, above average even for a JPG. The thing holds easily 10+ hours. On the clothes also like 3 days. Brutal durability

Sillage: 10/10

Again, simply out of this world. Three sprays are enough for 6 hours of attention beyond an arm's length.

Wearability: 6/10

I definitely recommend this fragrance in the fall/winter. For the office, he would be a little too opulent for me. Also at temperatures above 10-15 degrees is the just too powerful. But underneath suitable for (almost) everything. Everyday life, date, party.

Compliments: 9.5/10

So honestly? My wife has no fragrance, which was re-bought more often in the circle of friends than this. In our environment, the incredibly popular. And properly dosed he is also not annoying. On the contrary, other people love the scent on my wife. And I do it too.

Price / Performance:

65.00€ for 80 ml are perfectly fine. With the shelf life keeps such a bottle forever.

Conclusion:

Scandal is perhaps not the great perfume art. Also scandalous he does not really come along - but all that does not matter. You stand on loud, sweet fragrances? Then you are so right with Scandal and may buy blindly. I, as a man, love this fragrance. And my wife still loves it too. Of all the loud, sweet designer scents, this one is my absolute number 1.

Addendum: So my darling. I did it - I reviewed a women's fragrance. We'll see how it's received. Maybe more will follow. Maybe someday I'll manage to review a women's fragrance the way I reviewed Interlude Man. With a story.
To all the ladies: You guys are great. The best creatures on this earth.

To all men: treat them that way too....they deserve it.

To my wife: you show me the meaning of life every day, thank you for that.

As always hanseatic greetings ⚓??♂️
Mainstream, but beautiful
The fragrance was included as a sample in a Flaconi order. He is without question a mainstream fragrance. But a good one.

I like sweet perfumes yes usually not so much. But here, I like it. The honey really stands out. The blood orange and patchouli, on the other hand, are barely noticeable, which suits me.

All in all, "Scandal" is a beautiful and above all quite inexpensive fragrance, which I think is also very wearable as a man. I would describe him as an ideal cuddle fragrance. Once again, this confirms for me that the division into feminine and masculine fragrances is outdated. The modern man can wear something like this.
CleoAkasha
Good mood fragrance for the cooler season
I personally perceive this fragrance differently than the majority of comments express. The honey is non-existent for me. For me, it's blood orange on a bubbly crisp, but flavorful very delicate caramel crust. Towards the evening, I actually detect a little vanilla as well. Not very sweet, more fruity, but definitely warm. Sillage yes, but not space-consuming.
For me, Scandal is currently an all-round companion. He gives me well-being at work, exuberant good mood in private, I feel with him young, peppy, in a good mood, active, fresh-feminine, without him female scheme or to fall into the role of lascivious seductress. With this fragrance, everything is possible for me with the feeling of joie de vivre, optimism and a pinch of frivolity. I feel a little in danger of overdoing it or being off-putting with what I do, slightly provocative but without really doing any harm. Entertaining, surprising, confusing, irritating, but all playful and without malicious intent. One moment I'm all there demanding attention, the next moment I'm already gone, leaving a slight smile on the faces of those left behind and an incredulous "what was that?" in the air
Blabbelnico
From sweetness to lightness!
The top note at the beginning is a bit violently sweet and a bit synthetic and you get a bit slapped. But that subsides relatively quickly and then this wonderful honey scent comes out in the heart. It smells amazingly intense of real, pure honey. This note then lasts quite long (how nice!) and then goes shallowly into the base note, where the honey mixes with the patchouli, softening the sweetness a bit and making the fragrance lighter.

There's something about the bottle. I like the simple lettering and the slightly pink color - but I'm not sure what to think of the legs :D somehow a bit too much for me. But still original and it fits to JPG - that's why I gave it 8 points ;)
Such a scandal
Today I have to take up the cudgels for Scandal.
Here on Parfumo he comes off rather badly what this fragrance but in my opinion does not deserve.
Yeah, he's sweet and not exactly subtle and natural. But every year there are many far worse scents coming out
I tested it for the first time in 2017 in the perfumery department of Kastner&Öhler department store Forewarned by Parfumo that it was quite a blast, I just sprayed a mini spray on my wrist.
He's cute, yeah. But here the secret is in the dosage. A normal, not quite squeezed through sprayer or two to three very tender mini sprayers - just press the spray head very lightly -, that's how I now dose Scandal by Jean Paul Gaultier.
People always ask for durability and sillage. Please, here it is!

The dosage must be handled with similar care as with Mugler fragrances. I can well understand that overdosage can be a blow to the head A homeopathic dosage does the fragrance good.

The fragrance should only consist of a few ingredients. Gardenia is rather not so dominant here, but it is
more like blood orange and honey. Patchouli is also present, but it's more harmonious here than in other sweet mainstream fragrances.
All in all, the composition of the fragrance indigrents is good and harmonious.

I'm not the sweetest guy in the world, but every now and then it can be sweet. I even get headaches easily with sweet scents in overdose I've never done this with Scandal. In discreet dosage it works harmoniously on me and does not become too much for me Well, but I'm also used to many years of wearing "heavy calibers" like the Florientals and Orientals of the eighties and chypre bombs. Also musk firecrackers like Lutens Khan are allowed. I am only sensitive to sweet things.

I bought a 30 ml bottle of Scandal and wear it every now and then.
I think I will also buy the larger 50 ml bottle with the legs stretched out in the air when the opportunity arises.
No old wives' perfume?
"For the young and sexy ladies out there!" Jeremy says about this fragrance. And he should be right
Admittedly, this fragrance is certainly not intended for women over 40, and they certainly won't find it suitable for themselves. But in my opinion, the scent does not deserve to be torn to pieces like that.

The smell is actually very sweet. But: most of the other sweet scents are simply either chemically sweet (yes, even the I.E. unbearable BR540 belongs to it) or sweet-fruity or flowery.
This is not to be found at Scandal, not even the omnipresent Neroli, which likes to let a fragrance appear arbitrary, depending on the combination.
But here something unusual has been created: a very sweet fragrance that smells almost exclusively of honey and is very sexy in spite of that. Only very few perfumes create such sweet perfumes. And it's exactly the sexyness that certainly doesn't make the fragrance a teeny scent, but suits the versatile woman between 20 and 30. The perfect perfume for going out and smelling great and not just any old thing. By the way, this is the fragrance with which I have received the most compliments when going out and celebrating!

My neighbour (48 years old), by the way, also loves this fragrance, she smelled it on me and fell in love with it so much that she has now bought it. And it smells great on her!
In some comments I have read that you carry an unpleasant cloud of perfume around with you. You should actually be aware that you don't spray and spray and spray and spray an intense perfume... Well, so much for that, but everybody's different
Conclusion: a great perfume for young women, especially for partying and definitely a compliment getter!

T3lk4T3lk4 3 months ago
Sweet and tangy, the title says it all, good for feminine assertion
Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
Warm and sweet, more cocooning than sexy, but very pleasant, anyway , mainly in the cold season. Good sillage but a little kitsch bottle!
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
My grandma wears this fragrance a lot. Overwhelmingly synthetic. Don't like it very much
CymCym 3 years ago
Tangy, assertive orange blossom, honey & patchouli that you have surely smelled elsewhere before. Rather synthetic-smelling on me.
DorothyGraceDorothyGrace 4 years ago
3.5
On me, artificial, opens sour, develops strangely sweet, bad tooth smell. No oranges or gardenia for me. Smells a bit off.

by Entenradio
by Annajana
by Normajean12
by Normajean12

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier