Ultra Mâle 2015

Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier
Ultra Mâle is a popular perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Puig. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Aventus (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Clary sageClary sage
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla
AmberAmber
WoodsWoods

Submitted by Michael, last update on 15.09.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Jarrod Scott.

Ultra Male vs. Unisex for Everbody - sweet clubbing battle
Moin dear Parfumos and Parfumas,

(just a quick review? just scroll down) :-)

hope you are all well and enjoying the summer. I've been lying every afternoon on Warnemünde beach, the widest beach on the Baltic coast - at almost 150m - just under 10 minutes from my apartment, splashing around in the Baltic and watching the seagulls steal food from the tourists.

Yes, my life could definitely be worse currently and for that I am incredibly grateful:-D

That makes it all the more important to keep giving back as well. The storms in the south and west have clearly shown how small each individual is. But it also shows - now after - that together we are all much bigger than we think. Help (not just now) wherever you can. Be thankful for everything you have and enjoy your life. You only have this one!

But before it gets too philosophical, let's just get to the two protagonists of this review. To the Ultra Male and its more than three times as expensive counterpart unisex.

In advance, I will now get you mentally also on the beach so that you can also enjoy this wonderful feeling.

So please close your eyes. And now imagine that.......

Wait a minute!!! I think I made some kind of thinking mistake.....but what? Oh God.....you have to keep reading.....I hope you still have your eyes open. If so, please forget what I said!!! Do NOT close your eyes! We forget the beach feeling. :-)

Let's get started - today in the arena on the left the Ultra Male from JPG - on the other side the Unisex from the pirouetting Powerjeremy

Flacon: Ultra Male 9/10 - Unisex 7/10

Let's start with the JPG. Actually, everything is said about the "Le Male" Flakons. This male body simply has cult status and will still adorn the perfumeries in 50 years. Chic, valuable, sprayer quite okay. That fits.

The unisex bottle is, especially at this price, simply a joke. Design-technically we have here cheapest drugstore level. Also, the glass is neither thick, nor particularly valuable. Even the packaging of the bottle is really awful. Why still a 7? Simple - to my mind, we have one of the best sprayers I've ever had the pleasure of using. This thing is just insane. What a fine, dense spray. What a fine resistance when actuating. Nothing less than world class!

The fragrance: Ultra Male 8.5/10 - Unisex 8.5/10

Again, we start with the JPG -and again, I'll keep this short, because I think by now everyone should know how this fragrance smells. The fragrance starts with one of the most beautiful top notes in the designer field. This incredibly great JPG pear. (Parfumas know this one a little modified from La Belle) This one is synthetic (like any perfume pear), but still just bites. It's so bulky that the freshness of the mint and bergamot barely stand a chance. The fragrance starts out sweet and loud - and that's exactly how it stays.

After this dream pear top note comes the next main actor - the cinnamon. This one comes along without any spice and just hits sweet with it. Right up front. If you do not like sweet, then leave the fingers of both fragrances! In the base we have the third main actor. The vanilla. Especially in the last few hours, this one even gets a little woody. Nevertheless, this fragrance is loud and sweet from front to back - for me, nevertheless, just overloaded!

Let's move on to the unisex.

There are only two small differences. First, the dream pear from the top note is missing. One has tried to copy it, but the prelude from the JPG is still the better.

After a few minutes then, however, both are 95% identical. It is already a very brazen copy. Over hours, there is hardly any difference. But in the base then pleases with the unisex then suddenly better. The fragrance drifts out the back in a beautiful resinousness. Honestly? I would have been happy if this had been so from the beginning.

Short form: JPG to the start better. Unisex to the end. But the differences are so ridiculously small that I would not speak here of these fragrances being only "similar". They are 95% the same.

(Well dear Jeremy, given the price, copying so cheekily is similarly cool as telling topless and a little self-absorbed in front of thousands of people how horny you feel because you just had hot sex with "some hot woman". But no one does that, do they? *Power*)

Durability: Ultra Male 8/10 - Unisex 9/10

In a nutshell. The Ultra Male holds its eight hours (even the new batches). On clothes even the next day still noticeable. The unisex lasts even a little longer. However, he is also no Beast.

Sillage: Ultra Male 8/10 - Unisex 10/10

The Ultra Male is strongly projecting and room-filling in the first two hours. After that, however, it becomes skin tight.

The unisex is a typical extrait de parfum. Due to the high fragrance oil content, the fragrance radiates for hours consistently pleasant beyond an arm's length without flooding rooms. Perfect!

Compliments: Ultra Male 10/10 Unisex 10/10

I can only confirm what they say about the fragrances. The Ultra Male is one of the fragrances for which I have actually received the most compliments. I hardly know a woman who does not like this fragrance. At work, young or old, everyone thinks it's gorgeous. It still works - even today! The same goes for the unisex. Since he smells the same the reactions will also be the same.

Wearability: Ultra Male 7/10 - Unisex 7/10

Both fragrances are perfect for celebrating. Also for a date super suitable. Nevertheless, you can wear both fragrances well in everyday life. Exceptions? Business and temperatures above 15-20 degrees.

Price / performance: Ultramale 8/10 - Unisex 2/10

Honestly? 100ml for less than 50,00€ is more than fair and in order. The fragrance is definitely worth it. Why Jeremy for virtually the same fragrance converted over 200.00€ for 100ml aufruft is a mystery to me and simply ridiculous. This fragrance has nothing of a non fragrance. It is simply a copy of a (great) designer. The price is not just a joke. It's an outrage. (I have it halfway cheap ersoukt)

Conclusion: Well decide for yourself whether a slightly better durability and the nicer sillage are worth the extra price of 150,00€/100ml. The fragrances are actually (at least for my bumbling nose) to 95% the same. The bottle of JPG is definitely the nicer one. Even if the unisex admittedly has a sprayer from the other star. Nevertheless.

We have twice the same fragrance. Who has no idea where to put his money, which can get the unisex gladly. (or get in touch with me! I would have a custody for money that does not know where to go ;-P) For everyone else, get the Ultra Male. Blindbuy? Sure, if you like sweet scents.

Well, that's about it. I haven't written a review in a while. Here is time again one. :-) that could possibly be due to the summer. So off to the beach with you. :-) or to the lake. Or just get out into the air. We're done here. You've done it. :-)

For all of you who closed your eyes earlier. You may open them again :-D

Enjoy the rest of the summer. Don't stop even after that. Smile the whole year. Also with the heart!

Hanseatic greetings⚓
OudSillager
My first and my hardest love
Jean Pul Gaultier, my first fragrance and entry into the perfume world. Because of the overwhelming scent, a whole year later I still lack the words. Even if I still smell it now, I fall silent and shiver runs down my spine. How can a scent be so awesome. I'm a fan of sweet scents anyway. This one is very, very sweet. And everyone is going down on this one. You can spray 5 different bottles at the same time and you'll only notice this one. Its sweet is very sexy and seductive and is perfect for 16 to 24 year olds. If you are older this one is a bit inappropriate. Women totally go for the scent and I would love to just drink this one. Simply unbelievably delicious. That he has a brutal durability, everyone knows. With me he holds at least a whole day and he survives even a shower. Usually I can smell it even 3 days later on my clothes. The sillage can't be beat. 4 sprays and you will take over entire rooms. Everyone will notice you. It can even be really annoying, so really no more than 4 sprays. It projects c.a 6 - 8 hours. The flakons of JPG always look good. I would not use the but as an everyday fragrance, because it is very strong and penetrating. I think gür parties he is perfect but also if you go out and want to convince the one or the other girl. So compliments will get enough.

I can recommend the fragrance to everyone, as it is priced very well even with a discount code. Only order online.
Schattenpoet
Partyking with cold everyday potential
Not much needs to be said about this well-known fragrance: it's the king of every sweaty party night in the club. However: On cold winter days he shines quite the same. Unfortunately, in my experience of significantly lower durability than is often done.
Party Marty
Yaaaa... We all got it Ultramale and Eros are the club and party kings... I think Eros was born for the club but Ultramale can do even more.

First TO the fragrance : it starts very fresh with a pleasant citrus note and a hint of mint - the mint is rather n silent companion not so ne playa mint as with the Eros.

The pear gives the whole a special charm - diggi : TO NICE.
In the drydown it becomes sweet... The vanilla of the Kreuzkummel and the pear contribute their part to it.(will the pear in the Drydown even sweeter?!?? I think so)

Still, I think the Ultramale works well away from the party scene.
If you have the balls and the character for it, the fragrance definitely also stands in the professional everyday life.

Last worn on 04.06. In the club and me tooooodes Attraktiv felt .

Clear recommendation :)
Eros the Lambo Ultra Male the Ferrari
As my title suggests both fragrances are supercars in your category "clubbing fragrances".

With this fragrance, just as with the Eros you stand out from the crowd when going out.
You pull a beautiful fragrance cloud behind you, which can enchant the ladies.
In your troop guys you are who the looks are. Because who smells so good here? You, for you are the ultramale!

The beautiful cinnamon smell in combination with the vanilla is already good sweet, you have to like, however, this fragrance comes very well with the ladies. The pear is mMn also steadily present in contrast to the mint.

If you want to wear this fragrance away from the party, then rather to the colder season.
In conclusion: I prefer to use the Ferrari, since this comes across not quite as aggressive as the Eros when dosed well.

Ultra Mâle's Ratings are Artificially Suppressed
Tl;dr: There are haters who are giving this fragrance an unfairly low rating, but if you set aside your preconceived notions, you just might find you really like Ultra Mâle.

After more than a decade of not wearing any fragrance, I got the urge to curate a small collection of fragrances for my personal use. I set out to examine fragrances independently, without regard to brand renown or general popularity -- in other words, to do like Toucan Sam and "follow my nose." Because when you're out and about giving meaning to the existence of your fragrance, allowing yourself and others to experience and enjoy it, they neither know nor care what shape bottle it came from or even which brand it is. All they care about is what their nose is telling them about the scent you exude. That's the simple fact of wearing and enjoying fragrances.

My methodology was to sample each fragrance at the opening, put each tester strip in a separate Ziploc bag, and sample it again after the dry-down. And so it went with approximately 300 samplings over the course of a couple months. As the samplings went on and my confidence in my favorites grew stronger, I began forming my collection. Special thanks to big sales before and after Mother's Day and Father's Day 2021 in the U.S., such as 30% off sales from Lancôme, YSL, and Mugler, as well as a couple 40%-50% discounts on other individual fragrances. Which as a side-note serves as a reminder that patience and strategic/opportunistic buying can save you a lot of money while curating your collection, especially if you buy from retailers.

Back to my review of Jean Paul Gaultier's Ultra Mâle. I loved it. Before I even sampled it, I immediately hated the bottle. I mean, the dick bulge is just too much -- what heterosexual male wants to hold that bottle and have his fingers brush up against a dude's crotch? But again, I didn't allow myself to care about the bottle because that was only for the eyes. And in this olfactory journey, the nose was to be judge, jury, and executioner. The judgment: an overall 9/10 on the scent. Both during the opening and dry-down, it was sweet and inviting with no trace of questionable or off-putting smells.

So, why is this not rated more highly in the Parfumo community? My theory is that there are two reasons. First, many people don't like the bottle, so they exact revenge on the fragrance for a marketing issue. Not fair. And second, people overreact to hype in a negative way. Maybe if you never heard of the fragrance, you would have given it an 8/10, but because everyone else said "OMG 10/10 MUST BUY!!!", you feel the need to take it down a peg so you rate it 6/10. Again, not fair to the fragrance itself.

In case you want to re-examine whether you have fairly rated Ultra Mâle, maybe you can take a look at the nose behind the fragrance. Did you ever think about who created this? Hm... it's Francis Kurkdjian. Of Baccarat Rouge 540 fame. And like 540 and dozens of Kurkdjian's other fragrances, Ultra Mâle is a high-quality work of art. Maybe you can perform the mental exercise of disassociating the fragrance itself from its bottle, from its alias ("The Clubbing King"), and from its hype, and simply let your nose decide. I guarantee the reviewers who gave this fragrance an unbelievably low 0.5 rating for the scent would realize they were just "taking it down a peg" and would admit their rating is artificially suppressed. And hey, maybe overly-sweet isn't your thing and it's only a 6/10, but you are doing others an injustice by fraudulently manipulating the ratings by giving it a 0.5/10. Because as a statement of objective fact, a rating of 0.5/10 would apply categorically to the worst smells you can possibly imagine -- literally raw sewage or worse -- and I cannot conceive of a human who would ever rank this fragrance as being anywhere near the worst smells on earth.

In summary, it is my opinion that the ratings should be higher, and each individual should try this fragrance for oneself. Forget about the bottle, forget about anyone else's opinion (unless you're wearing it primarily for your "special someone"), and just let your nose decide. Beyond that, you might already be aware that the sillage and longevity are considered to be on the higher end of the performance spectrum, so you merely need to determine whether the price/value proposition is right for you. Already have five other sweet frags? Maybe skip this. But for me, starting from zero, I happily added this to my collection.
Schorschle
Everything else no longer takes place
Yesterday I'm at the friendly fragrance dealer in the city center after a long Corona break thanks to Luca app finally come back to sniff. Whereby, so much sniffing was not in it at all, because I made a crucial mistake: I began my fragrance journey with JPG UltraMale.

Already when spraying on the paper strip I noticed what was coming. An incredibly dominant sweetness that puts everything else in the background. Except for this extreme sweetness, I could not perceive anything, neither other fragrance notes, nor the very well known DNA of the original le Male.
And also all other fragrances fell behind this perfume on this day, because I was probably a little inaccurate when spraying on and hit my arm. Bad mistake. Everything smelled like John Paul's sweet tooth drawer.

All other fragrance composition could not penetrate the sweetness of the UltrMale, which is why I then also broke off my sniffing after about 15 minutes, with the thought to come home quickly to wash this extreme fragrance from my skin.
I absolutely did not understand what everyone finds in this fragrance.

However, on the way home, I noticed that after about half an hour, there was something hiding behind the sugar bomb after all. The amber and woods peaked through the mist and made the scent increasingly interesting. Again and again I had to smell my arm. Again and again, I found something new. Again and again, it was interesting.

So I would say in retrospect: nothing for me. Good to stand out in the club as a delicious sweet. Only at second glance more than the opening suggests and then yet a very interesting experience

Pauljaeger
By far my most complimented scent
Yes, ultra male is a sweet fragrance, too sweet to some people’s noses. Some might consider the name Ultra Male not fitting with how sweet this fragrance is, because I feel like a lot of sweetness is considered feminine. I don’t know if I would agree with that, but I know for sure that a lot of ladies love sweet fragrances on a man. With this being the sweetest scent I have tried, it was also the most complimented by ladies.

For me it has become the best club/party/social gathering scent there is. Some of the reactions to this fragrance I got were pretty intense, with ladies literally grabbing me to smell me. Without going into detail, let’s just say it has been a successful compliment getter.

I see this fragrances often compared with Versace Eros or Paco Rabanne One Million. I personally dislike those. They smell very nice, but where I live you should only buy those if you want to smell like everyone else. I have smelled Ultra Male on a handful of other people, but Eros and One Million, those scents are everywhere, especially in younger crowds. Don’t let this discourage you though, they are very nice fragrances and there is a chance you will love them, if you havent tried them yet.
Sylar
Huge sweetie in the club
I was looking for a good club fragrance and became aware of Ultra Male.
Important for me to a club fragrance is probably like for everyone that it smells good and lasts a long time. Because just in the club where you dance and sweat you want yes not the smell of sweat the
first is what a woman of one perceives.
I bought the 200ml bottle and was impressed by the packaging, because the bottle is in a
small with red velvet covered foot what looks very classy. Then it came to the first sprayer and I thought ouh... that is
but very sweet. It smelled not bad but for a fragrance that is intended for men, already very unusual.
I was unsure how well the fragrance arrives at the ladies world at a man but the same day I was for dinner at my girlfriend and as you
passed me she said, wow what smells so good here? is that a new perfume? "On it I have asked other girlfriends still and all were united
the fragrance smells great. In addition, the fragrance is one of the best in my small manageable collection and holds loose 8 - 12 std Price is the fragrance also unbeatable for what you get and can only recommend it to anyone who has a hang to sweet fragrances.
Goes also to Corona times
As a disco / clubbing / party fragrance, it is often described.
I can agree with that.
But he is more.
Here it depends more than many other fragrances on the dosage. That is also the reason why the Ultra Male comes away with me so well, although I'm actually not a fan of sweet fragrances..
Spray you "normal" and you can go in the evening with your friends abzappeln, spray a little less than usual and he can also be used in everyday life.
Again to the sweetness... I find it not soo extreme as it is often described, otherwise he would be nix for me. I find rather the pear is constantly present.
After a certain time joins some cinnamon, the mint I can not really strongly smell out.
In the conclusion then still the vanilla...yes, all sweet things but in a beautiful interplay and more than bearable if one is not just eindieselt.
The price / performance ratio is good, which is why you can also take the partly somewhat synthetic part in purchase.
In addition, one is rewarded with a super durability and sillage ... but think of the dosage ;)
The I also speak again because it is really often said that it is a fragrance for younger people... you can also regulate with the dosage.
One must take back just in the age sometimes something ;P
Finally, something about the bottle... the from the Le Male series I never found beautiful, after all, I like the colors better here and it looks a little bit classier. The Abziehring is however cheap goods.

Blako11Blako11 3 months ago
Great perfume that doesn't last at all, if you spray about 20 sprays it might last three or four hours, at least on my skin.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 4 months ago
One of the best openings. Sweet pear with seductive vanilla. Its not for no reason king of the club
JFP26JFP26 5 months ago
It's a sweet pear galore with a touch of spices. Very seductive, playful with a nice scent trail. People around you will love it. Good.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 10 months ago
Arguably the best flanker of Le Mâle. Pear and vanilla done right. Sexy and long lasting. 3/5
GreMuserGreMuser 12 months ago
Very loud and sweet, also very very hyped, for my taste it's nothing special. 6 out of 10
HugoderricaHugoderrica 1 year ago
The perfect sweet party scent
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A heavy oriental fruity-sweet Mid season fragrance, intensified by its solid spicy-resinous base. Nice pear-amber combo.Awesome performance!
Dan81Dan81 1 year ago
Playful pear and seductive amber/vanilla. I just want to keep sniffing it; girls share same sentiments!
Arman038Arman038 1 year ago
Sweet and fruity. An adictive scent with great performance. A compliment getter. It's a must have fragrance
Amazon1975Amazon1975 2 years ago
Garbage....no longevity at all. Smells ok for the hour it lasts. Reformulation has ruined it....it's a watered down disaster

Winterwonderland
by Prophetfive
by Fragrantico6
by Fragrantico6

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier