Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier
Ultra Mâle is a popular perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Puig. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Aventus (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pear, Lavender, Mint
Heart Notes Heart NotesCumin, Cinnamon, Clary sage
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Amber, Woods

Submitted by Michael, last update on 07.04.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Jarrod Scott.

Felixwinds
Unnaturally seductive. . . . !
I was standing in front of a perfume shelf in Müller. It was not long ago, since the interest for perfume had grabbed me. At that time I was in my free year after high school. My attention turned at the moment almost only around women. Accordingly, I was out in clubs a lot and I was looking for a fragrance to go out in. So when I was in a Müller in the city centre, which was well stocked with perfume, and I was standing in front of the shelf, a sales lady approached me from the side, dressed like a drag queen. She, but I think it was a man, was very nice and asked me what I was looking for. I told her I was looking for a perfume for the club and was just undecided. I pointed to Eros and Ultra Male, both of which I had each on a perfume strip in my hand. The drag queen said that she liked the Ultra Male more. I took another sniff of the strip myself and agreed with her.
So I went to the checkout with Ultra Male and bought one of my first perfumes, which I wanted to use for the club. I was really proud and full of anticipation. I couldn't wait until I got home and unwrapped the perfume while still in town. It was packed in a beautiful aluminium tin. Very original, I thought to myself. The dark blue Adonis body stood in a purple base that was part of the bottom of the tin.
Now Ultra Male has been around for two years. It is one of the few perfumes that have survived this long in my collection. One reason is certainly that it rarely came to use, namely mainly in the club. And since I bought then like crazy one fragrance after another, which I then also wore in the club, Ultra Male came even quite rarely to use.
Nevertheless, I just love him and I think you will also be able to read out in my review. But before that I must say...

...please lower your standards, dear niche enthusiasts! Ultra Male is not an olfactory painting, which you examine neatly and think about it in the quiet chamber with a serious face. No, it is a perfume in the most normal sense, because it is made for use and for the masses. The opening is very heavy, it rushes right at you with a pear of all sorts of fresh synthetic stuff. But thankfully that soon subsides and the pear is enveloped by a warm note. Wow, really appealing. A spicy vanilla wind takes you by storm, which is musky smooth at the same time. It gets almost gourmand, with a delicious bubblegum note emerging. When sniffed directly on the skin, the perfume is quite overwhelming to the nose. Ultra Male is just equipped with an ultra strong projection, which unfortunately has no regard for careless noses sniffing directly at the sprayed on area. Even more so, the synthetics of the top note can be somewhat disturbing in the first hour.

Ultra Male is loud and seductive. Like a drag queen. That's why I mentioned that it was a drag queen who sold me on the fragrance. The scent comes off with that exact confidence and extroversion that I've experienced from drag queens in the club. I like it! That unnaturally extraordinary outfit, with the outwardly radiant demeanor. Once when I was in the club, I took a photo with two drag queens. I felt very comfortable doing that, because I felt very welcome around them.
In this way, the perfume Ultra Male also has an effect on me. It is indeed a strongly projecting perfume with a smell that seems unnatural to some noses, but at the same time it is incredibly seductive and makes you feel comfortable ( or at least I feel comfortable).
Ultra Male is therefore special to me because it has a meaning to me. It reflects the free, freed from any constraints and expressive behavior of drag queens again or just ourselves, if we allow or want this:

Although I myself am rather the quiet listener in conversations, I can go mega off with music in the club , which I like...Music: The First Time, Bontan.
In those moments when I'm all to myself, in a huge crowd, I couldn't care less how I appear or what others think of me. I am so full of joy that pushes away any negative feelings and thoughts.
Ultra Male is an ideal companion for me in these moments, or rather a beautiful expression of my mood.

The name Ultra Male does not suggest an ultra masculine fragrance, but rather a male fragrance that floats outside the concept of a classic masculine fragrance.
The perfume is certainly also wearable by women, however, it is not so important with this one who wears it. Surely it is preferred because of the marketing rather by young men.
For me, however, the fragrance is not unisex in the sense that this is exactly between typical male and typical female fragrances, but by simply going to the extremes. It is a very sweet fragrance, so basically a feminine fragrance. Then, however, not floral, but spicy-woody, which is again rather masculine and finally the pear throws everything over the top and makes the fragrance, together with the other notes, simply seductive, in which case the gender is completely irrelevant.
I think that's why it was also at 2 compliments that I got in the club: "What smells so good here?" and not "Who smells so good here?"
Pappenheimer's
Mr. and Mrs. Pappenheimer go shopping.
To a well-known drugstore chain.
Mrs. Pappenheimer is having her good day, that's why today.
Otherwise she wouldn't do this to herself.
She knows exactly what to expect.
How could it be otherwise,
barely through the door,
her husband storms towards the counter,
his gaze magically drawn
by a provocatively masculine-looking bottle,
tight-fitting bodysuit in dark blue stripes.
Of course, Mrs. Pappenheimer has known the scent for a long time.
She is often enough here,
to sniff through everything.
Now goes an attractive saleswoman,
black, tight-fitting trousers, neat white blouse
walks towards her husband.
Spellbound, his gaze hangs on her lips,
as she tries to make him like the scent....
As if that were necessary,
he was going to buy it anyway...
the bottle alone....
Mrs. Pappenheimer smiles to herself,
she knows her Pappenheimer,
they've been married for almost 30 years now.
She strolls around the shop,
tests here, sniffs there....
Then comes Mr. Pappenheimer
comes rushing up to her, beaming with pride rushes up to them:
"Smell this. I've discovered a great scent. What do you say?"
(The fragrance has long since been paid for and purchased!)
A cloud of fragrance assaults Mrs. Pappenheimer,
and she takes a step back with a gasp...
clears throat....
the saleswoman had sprayed him from top to bottom.
An overwhelming fruit sweetness invaded her.
After all, she had long since tested the fragrance herself,
knows that when the exaggerated sweetness subsides after hours,
the actual ingredients are not sooo bad.
But in this lushness it must inevitably
think of the so very sweet and cinnamony fruit compote
from Grandma Heidi,
which she couldn't get out of her mouth even as a child,
and which gradually piled up in her cheeks.

Mr. Pappenheimer's enthusiasm gradually collapsed,
because the reaction was so long in coming...
actually, he knew that SHE
such scents do not like,
mumbled something about exchange....
SHE had regained her composure by now...
"Leave it, you can wear it to work,
a scent for home, then maybe I can choose...",
she smiled at him, and gave him a big smack on the cheek...
The jelly baby
As a child of the 90s I can still remember very well how we have sprayed us at that time before the disco still fast Le Male. Of course, at least 3-4 sprayers too much of it. But the main thing later against all the others anstinken can. :)
No seriously, without in young years so really interested in the so-called fragrance DNA etc., one hoped of course on the feedback of the girls. A "Wow, or cool, ... you wear yes ..." one wanted to hear with pleasure. And you were at least 2 centimeters taller and with a broad chest suddenly in the front.

For a long time I had actually almost always a Le Male in my closet, perhaps to be able to sniff at least now and then the fragrance of youth again briefly, or because he just still goes! Unfortunately, I have then traded away my last copy here in the souk at the end.

An amazing thing happened for me, because my wife immediately noticed that it was suddenly no longer in its place in my closet. I told her, "Yes, I swapped it for another one." Somewhat grumpily she replied, "Aha,..., had to be as" Now you have to know that I have exchanged, or given away, one or two things like that before. Their interest in these changes was however so far nevertheless more than restrained to describe.

Well, so now a few months passed (without a Le Male) and my interest much through the usual online platforms sometime on the "ULTRA MALE". I find the blue bottle just super chic. Sounds stupid now, but that was actually a reason why this version of Le Male suddenly slipped into focus for me. Unfortunately, the countless videos and fragrance descriptions were somehow so not what I like today. The reviews about it would even rather want to attribute it to my youth at the time and so it remained on my part to continue watching.

The coincidence wanted it then but and I discovered a very nice offer here in the Souk.
When the package now arrived, I was immediately thrilled by the bottle and sprayed me the fragrance right away times on. And yesaaaa,... i like him. He is really very sweet and starts for my nose actually with a gummy bear, or better said with a pleasant bubble gum smell.
Who still knows it, ... the scent reminds me somehow of the old gumball machines with coin insertion. At somewhat warmer temperatures, you got in passing, often already the smell of the gum slumbering in the machine in the nose and you were immediately forced to throw something in.

The fragrance actually maintains its strong sweetness all the time and becomes increasingly interesting as it progresses, however. A slight Le Male DNA I would claim is also recognizable after the first sweetness start. Finally, there is a nice balanced vanilla note and something woody.
I'm really thrilled again by a fragrance and love him already. The gummy bear chewing gum note takes me back to my childhood and the fragrance is just very pleasant to wear. Parties or clubbing times are passe' for me, but for leisure he certainly fits very well.

The best experience for me with this fragrance I will not withhold you but also.
I run with this fragrance today past my wife and after 1-2 meters you suddenly calls me: "What are you wearing today? ... That smells so nice of vacation and Mallorca!" I answered her with a smile:" This is my new Le Male". And she smiled back.

While you now complete your night duty in the hospital, I type these lines and wish her a quiet night. Well, holidays by the sea are probably more of a longing and hope for normality at the moment.

Nice if it is now of all perfumes today briefly times has managed to give you the feeling.
The girlfriend's favorite
I have ordered a 10 ml filling of the fragrance, once worn in winter and my girlfriend directly "you smell way too good, I do not want you to smell so good when other women can smell that too". I myself love the scent very much. Have then directly bought a 125ml bottle. The scent is very sweet. You can definitely smell the pear. The sillage is top, the shelf life also above average.
I can recommend the fragrance to anyone who is between 15 and 40 years. Is in my opinion almost a must have.

Final score: 9.5/10
My dear God-animal!
Oh, you blue and black bottle! What is this here?

A sweet fruity, slightly heavy pear scent with a slight bubblegum aroma and infinite sillage and longevity? Yes... That's exactly what it is! (And yes, I smell a little bubblegum-like scent nodule in my far imagination, but just a very small one somehow;) )

You guys have no idea how much I've fallen in love with this blue guy with a black stripe. I wear this behemoth almost everywhere. It just goes with almost everything! The absolutely most phenomenal thing besides the fragrance itself, is this long-lasting durability and the enormous scent which one pulls after two, three sprays with him. The compliments I have received for this fragrance are simply insane. Only and only the top note I do not find the madness but that is in my nose after 30 seconds already evaporated and then this guy there times so right!

TOP PARFUM!!!

Sweet Interesting
For me with the best Ausgeh / date / party scent there is. Is taste thing but comes with women very well. Many compliments get. I would not wear now in the office because it is already very strong, or you do only a sprayer. I can only recommend, but of course you should try before. Durability is very good ?? for me the 10/10.

Love greetings

Maik
MichaNase
Cheap pear bombs! Or: how a fragrance made me laugh.
At a time when the shops were still open, after reading the Parfumo forum at length, I headed to Turquoise to sniff Ultramale.

So went there, grabbed bottle and sprayed on the back of the hand. Briefly waited and smelled. Then sniffed again. And suddenly emerges from the far corner of my memories a picture. It must have been in the early 90s. I was painting as a kid with felt tip pens that had different smells at the same time. They were the neighbor's daughter's crayons. One pen smelled like strawberry, the other like banana. Extremely artificial, so that even as a child it was clear to me that this could not be healthy. With one pencil, however, I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to smell like.
Forward to today: knowing that Ultramale contains pear, a light went on for me.

The felt-tip pen, whose scent I couldn't identify at the time, was supposed to smell like pear! It smelled exactly like Ultramale. Ok Ultramale has a few other components, but the pear was unmistakable. That made me suddenly laugh, first because the memory had completely slipped my mind and second because I didn't want to smell like a cheap felt tip pen. Incidentally, these pens are totally dried out quickly and were then no longer usable.

I still had a sample sent to me here in the souk for review. So that I can travel in my mind back in time.

From Ü30 it becomes difficult
One spray is enough to understand in which direction it goes with this fragrance. imagine the classic Gaultier with an additional very strong note of "pear cotton candy". Yes it is extremely sweet and also why it gets harder and harder to wear the older you get. The fragrance takes away the "gentleman vibe" and radically swaps it with youthful playfulness and therefore becomes the best club / date / panty dropper fragrance. From Ü30 I would definitely swap it for Armani Stronger with you Intensely, if not earlier.
A little too young
JPG Ultra Male is for me a fruitier variety than his brother Le Male. But it looks a bit more youthful and playful.

By the smell itself, I would give a "good". Of course there are more complex fragrances but it does its job very well for the application. A classic "outgoing scent". You can wear it very well in summer despite its sweetness. Only at very hot temperatures I would leave it off. To the other seasons it goes clear. To describe it in layman's terms: It starts with a lot of sweetness that you already know from Le Male and which reminds me of a chewing gum. Besides we have the fruity note. I can't identify pears. But it seems fruity.
Sometimes he's not mature enough for me. He certainly doesn't suit everyone and won't please everyone as I do. On some days I shake at the thought of wearing it and then the right mood and climate comes back and I like it very much.

Durability is extreme for a designer fragrance. I can put it on in the evening and still notice it myself the next morning. Be careful with the dosage
The Sillage plays in the same league. However, after a few hours it takes a little bit of time. This is also a good thing.

The bottle has a good quality. JPG typical body in a dark blue. A stand is even included. This makes it look even more noble. The spray head brings a big finely atomized cloud with it. Only the peel-off ring is a bit cheap and falls apart regularly.
Date Fragrance No 1!
Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male is a fragrance that is very unique. Its extraordinary sweetness makes it stand out from the crowd. The result of the pear, followed by cinnamon and vanilla, makes for a very attractive fragrance. This can be seen in the opinions of the women who had to vote between the giant Layton and UM in a YT video and the majority (clearly) voted for UM.

My girlfriend has been crazy about the scent for over a year and doesn't want me to wear any other perfume on our dates.
Before my gym class at the university I sprayed the scent 3 times, because I was at the gym and had sweated before. In the hall a colleague and I met a 30-year-old friend of ours, who said instead of a greeting: "what smells here so horny?"
My colleague, who is convinced of his own scent and wore it that day, just sighed:" It's that shitty party scent of his."
That's when I realized, exactly this extraordinary sweetness, which is the reason for the numerous Ultra Male followers, is also the reason why there are so many who celebrate the fragrance rather less. Attractive scent? Yes! Masculine? Jaein. The woods in the base note are hardly noticeable. Instead, the sweetness stands out throughout.

Overall, it can be said that the fragrance is strangely sweet and striking. In the Date Fragrance ranking it plays high up. At ü35 I can not imagine the scent. But if you are younger and looking for a date scent, you can't go wrong with the UM!

HugoMontezHugoMontez 4 months ago
Arguably the best flanker of Le Mâle. Pear and vanilla done right. Sexy and long lasting. 3/5
GreMuserGreMuser 7 months ago
Very loud and sweet, also very very hyped, for my taste it's nothing special. 6 out of 10
HugoderricaHugoderrica 7 months ago
The perfect sweet party scent
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 8 months ago
A heavy oriental fruity-sweet Mid season fragrance, intensified by its solid spicy-resinous base. Nice pear-amber combo.Awesome performance!
Dan81Dan81 11 months ago
Playful pear and seductive amber/vanilla. I just want to keep sniffing it; girls share same sentiments!
Arman038Arman038 1 year ago
Sweet and fruity. An adictive scent with great performance. A compliment getter. It's a must have fragrance
Amazon1975Amazon1975 1 year ago
Garbage....no longevity at all. Smells ok for the hour it lasts. Reformulation has ruined it....it's a watered down disaster
SpiffSpiff 1 year ago
This is one of those perfumes that put a smile on my face. Being sweet and powerful, versatility is low but it's great at what it does.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Too sweet. Can't wear it anymore. Nauseating
KLewisKLewis 3 years ago
Clubbing king! Very sweet start and spicy drydown.

Winterwonderland
by Prophetfive
by Fragrantico6
by Fragrantico6

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier