Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier
Ultra Mâle is a popular perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Aventus (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pear, Lavender, Mint
Heart Notes Heart NotesCumin, Cinnamon, Clary sage
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Amber, Woods

Submitted by Michael, last update on 16.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Jarrod Scott.

Sunstorm
Sweeter the bells never ring
After an absence of 5 years I am back. Actually, I gave away almost my entire old collection, because I wanted to concentrate on a few fragrances, which I then really wear regularly. Well and already I am back in the fragrance heaven and had to get some new scents.

The Ultramale is really ultra. And thank God for the better $1 million. What do I mean by that? I admit I love strong sweet scents, and the 1 Million has such a fantastic top note! But why only WHY does this wonderful top note drift off so quickly (20-30 minutes) into something sweet-ugly and turgid. Such a pity. And that is unfortunately the same with every 1 million flankers. The top notes are almost always top but then.... and what is left over even the next morning is only a slightly pungent unpleasant "stench" for me. Yes indeed.

Not so the Ultramale. I used to have the normal JPG Le Male, too, back in the day. I liked that too, but the Ultramale now meets my taste 100%. The pear - although of course synthetic - smells simply fantastic. I also think that this is a fragrance that has to go especially well with your own body scent. I can well imagine that this is not always the case. My place fits perfectly. And unlike other sweet bombers, the Drydown is not ugly and turgid but remains very pleasant. The pear goes into the background and a pleasant woody vanilla scent remains. What a great drydown. I caught myself sniffing it out from under my T-shirt from time to time. So yummy!

Recently on a youtube channel I heard a lady who doesn't believe in sorting fragrances by occasion. For example, her boyfriend wears Amouage Jubilation XXV all year round - and in the office. I really like this fragrance too, but this blackberry bangs in a completely different way than the pear here. I am of the opinion that you can wear the Ultramale at work as well - but be careful not to contact customers! And only with a splash instead of 3-4 as usual and also rather in autumn and winter. Otherwise it's too much of a good thing - just like the one colleague who apparently takes a bath in the Bleu de Chanel - the office really stinks then. The right dosage is very important depending on the sillage and in the changing room in the gym I notice every time that most men don't get this - the stench is sometimes hard to stand (Axe etc. you know it).

Since the YSL L'Homme, I haven't had a fragrance, because I often spray it at home, just to enjoy it for myself.

Target group: younger men who party? Yeah, I can see that. But that doesn't stop me from wearing this with my 44.

If you are looking for a sweet and in my opinion better scent than the 1 Mio or the old Le Male, you are not doing anything wrong here. If you like the cult YSL La Nuit de L'Homme, you might like this one too, although they smell different but both are unmistakably sweet and delicious. A good autumn and winter cuddly scent.

Once again: don't just buy by head note. I don't even want to know how many people had already bought perfumes based on the first impression and then didn't like the heart note anymore. Not so with YSL L'Homme and this great fruity pear. Clear recommendation.

Josef33
Blindly bought, but somehow very weak
I bought the fragrance blindly because of the many positive comments. Unfortunately I was disappointed, the scent itself is very very sweet and slightly fruity, who likes sweet scents is certainly not wrong here. However, the scent is hardly noticeable after a short time, you only rue it if you really get close, too bad. I would not buy it anymore.
Cuddly
I was never really taken with the Le Male series Not from LeMale or any of the other perfumes that came out.
I also tend to stay in the niche segment, as I prefer exotic or unique perfumes with soul, depth and complexity.
Well, Ultra Male with its striking dark body flacon caught my eye immediately at the Douglas. In the community he is declared to be quite cute, so I thought, oh testing won't hurt.

I don't think I need to explain much more about the scent.
It is quite, no, very sweet paired with a unique pear note as a top note.
Synthetic of course, there's no other way.
But I don't want to go into more detail about synthetics and naturalness, not suitable for me here.
Vanilla, some woods I can also fix, as well as molecules that serve as support to give the fragrance its strength
Of course, you can't talk about uniqueness here either, because it is included in the mass market, and so uniqueness goes down the drain.
Aventus is no different.

In any case, I personally simply like the fragrance character. It goes down well, has an appealing scent and invites you to intimacy, provided you dose it correctly.

Many speak of the Club Scent, a fragrance that is made just for that. You can't even categorize a single category for a fragrance.

The fragrance has many facets, of course it is well suited for the club, because it has the sweetness.
But you can also use it for many other purposes - for cuddling, alone in front of a fireplace at Christmas time, at events where you want to symbolise your chocolate side, at meetings with girls, during intimate conversations in twos as it radiates a feel-good character and much more...

It is absolutely universal, you just have to know how and where. Of course, the character should also be coherent.

The durability and projection is above average.
I can perceive really long on me.
In the end even where it becomes really sweet and smooth.
Adheres loosely over 12 hours.
It's good for 3-4 hours of projection Afterwards he withdraws in small steps.
The fragrance seems to be nothing special, no depth, no complexity, cheap ingredients, a lot of synthetics and yet I really like it.
I enjoy it every time.
Since I often walk around in an All White outfit, he seems to cuddle up to my aura.
I like it, great!
Test it and form your own opinion.

Cheers
FuegoNero88
The sailor for the whole night
Ultra Male opens up a bit biting, but then very quickly turns into an ultra fruity sweet pear bomb with an unmistakably ingenious scent DNA. This scent lasts until the next morning and is hard not to like if you like sweet things...perfect for the club
Dixiklo from the bottle
As a big fan of the original le Male I was very excited about this flanker! I promised myself a spicier and more intense le Male with a fresher top note.
Arriving at the store in front of the tester I was surprised how empty the bottle is already...
Expectantly sprayed a sprayer on my wrist (I don't believe in test strips).
What the hell is that? I was shocked! A sugar-sweet, sticky slob! Isn't that what a man doesn't want to smell like? All of a sudden I remembered where I'd smelled this "smell" before! The chemicals from the dixitoilets smell exactly like this!
As good as the original is, most of the flankers are just as bad..
Rorobin
Wow, he's way too cute! Or... isn't he?
Wow! - that was my first impression when I sampled this scent in the shop. But this "Wow! moment" was rather negative at first. The scent really killed me with its top note - paper-sweet and a nuance too much chewing gum smell. So I left the bottle on the shelf and turned my attention to other fragrances
Still, I couldn't get the Ultra Male out of my head... something good was probably left in my memory and was burned into my olfactory disk. So I decided to test the smell on my arm at the next opportunity
No sooner said than done, I sprayed the scent on my wrist the next time I visited the local shop and in the meantime took a little stroll through the city. In the first half hour the top note hit me again, but what followed was the reason for my purchase!

After the first half hour, after the top note had settled, I noticed a great sweet but also fruity mixture. The pear makes this heart note more distinctive than any other sweet perfume before. Wow! - this time in a positive sense.

After 3-4 hours of strolling, the heart note was still perceptible like the hours before. What a weird performance and sillage! This was the reason why I bought the fragrance immediately afterwards.

In conclusion, I find the top note a bit too overwhelming. During the first half hour you feel as if you are sticking two extremely sweet chewing gum dragees up your nose. But after this half hour 8-12 hours of pure pampering for the olfactory senses follow. A great mixture of pear, tonka bean and vanilla, simply delicious.

And, by the way: this fragrance is a compliment getter par excellence, compliments without end!
Extreme, but pleasant
It is Friday, 23:30; the working week is over; the weekend begins with this night! The club is full. Anyway, I know the bouncer. He always lets me and my boys in. Inside: dark light, swirling bass, party. And me? I belong here. I wear my white shirt, black jeans, dark leather shoes and Ultra Male, because I know he will stand out and arrive.
This is what I imagine when I smell Ultra Male while sitting in front of the PC, drinking my Capri Sun (orange of course - everything else is whack) and watching the umpteenth YouTube video about leaven.
Well, to each his own. Everything has advantages and disadvantages, just like Ultra Male has: The scent is sweet, very sweet, like a ripe pear, made with puff pastry and vanilla cream. That's often not my case, but sometimes, I want that and then it's eye-twisting good. Ultra Male can be part of a full fragrance collection, but in moderation. (Note in the margin: Please take care not to consume too much sugar, especially added industrial sugar)
Even though Ultra Male seems to be more for the party scene, I think you can wear it during the day, but then only very discreetly and rather on colder days. That's something different than constantly smelling perfume, which smells like perfume, especially in your free time. Fresh and tart are great, but sometimes it can be sweet, even if not everyone likes it. What does it do?
Durability and sillage are good.
The bottle is nice to hold, but is a bit too on the nose for me (Do you understand? Nose -> Scent and nose, because only the torso is shaped. Jokes, where the nose smells to (again!). Oh yes, the last word of the sentence outside the parenthesis is still missing. This parenthesis is hereby closed) Party Stallion.
Flame99
Sweetness lies in the eye of the beholder
Personally, I think Ultra Mâle is the best flanker in its collection right now, and even better than the reformulated original. the fragrance opens fresh and fruity and later becomes cinnamon/vanilla heavy. as some people here complain about the "extreme sweetness", I find this exaggerated and can't confirm it.Yes, it is slightly reminiscent of Monster Energy and although sweet, it is more of a pleasant sexy sweetness, which also brings compliments, and is perfect for the evening/club If you have concerns this fragrance is too "loud", or even in the "summer not wearable", I may point out that you can always only 2 sprayers instead of 50 :D.Durability and Sillage are both good for a designer fragrance in its price segment.
Wrecking ball
As some people before me have said, the scent is very sweet and tears you away at the beginning with the wrecking ball.
I personally like such sweet scents very much and I also get consistently positive feedback on this perfume.

On myself, I can clearly recognize the smell of vanilla and I also very much welcome that.

I haven't heard from anyone yet that the scent is too sweet or smells like a women's scent, but rather a subtle "the scent really suits you and smells really delicious. What is it?"

When I apply the fragrance, it lasts about 10h and keeps popping up. For a while I don't smell it myself, but when I am asked about it again, I notice it again.
It is not too extreme and obtrusive, but it shows itself in such a way that it is perceived.
DavidBn
Loud, sweet and even sweeter!
Well, starting with the scent itself. The pear, which you can perceive especially in the opening, is exactly my taste, because the fact that pear is in a perfume surprised me at first.
On my skin, especially the cinnamon comes over relatively strongly with time. The vanilla is also very noticeable, especially after 1 hour+. Personally I think that the whole thing is a pretty sweet brew, but the composition of all those ingredients convinced me - in short: I think that the fragrance smells really good!
In response to the question that is often discussed - also here in the commentary section - whether this is a men's fragrance at all and whether it is not too feminine, I would also like to say a few words and add my mustard: Yes, the fragrance is sweet, and yes, it is not the most masculine fragrance - so what? If someone likes it, then I don't think that is an obstacle. I also don't think it's too feminine for men and boys.

When you can wear the fragrance is already the much more complicated question. If you want to stand out, then you can wear it in winter in your everyday life, but in my opinion it is not suitable for summer. For a party scent it is optimal, even if it should not be reduced to that. In addition, I find that it is especially suitable for young people
About the performance: This is really ingenious with the Ultramale, I think. The scent lasts for 12 hours on my skin and projects like a beast. That makes sure that I have been spoken to about this scent many times before. Several times I got reactions that have something to do with the cinnamon smell, which confirms once again that this relative seems to be strong. However, the feedback was always positive - I have never been told something like "you smell like a woman" or something like that
Even if it is certainly not the cheapest designer fragrance, it is in my opinion worth a purchase or at least a sample - in any case, I wouldn't want to miss it in my collection!

GreMuserGreMuser 24 days ago
Very loud and sweet, also very very hyped, for my taste it's nothing special. 6 out of 10
HugoderricaHugoderrica 43 days ago
The perfect sweet party scent
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 76 days ago
A heavy oriental fruity-sweet Mid season fragrance, intensified by its solid spicy-resinous base. Nice pear-amber combo.Awesome performance!
Dan81Dan81 154 days ago
Playful pear and seductive amber/vanilla. I just want to keep sniffing it; girls share same sentiments!
Arman038Arman038 7 months ago
Sweet and fruity. An adictive scent with great performance. A compliment getter. It's a must have fragrance
Amazon1975Amazon1975 8 months ago
Garbage....no longevity at all. Smells ok for the hour it lasts. Reformulation has ruined it....it's a watered down disaster
SpiffSpiff 12 months ago
This is one of those perfumes that put a smile on my face. Being sweet and powerful, versatility is low but it's great at what it does.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 21 months ago
Too sweet. Can't wear it anymore. Nauseating
KLewisKLewis 2 years ago
Clubbing king! Very sweet start and spicy drydown.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Very enjoyable opening with pear note dominating, development with cinnamon note dominating, and dry down with vanilla note dominating.

by Shivsri13
by Emko47
by Prophetfive
by Prophetfive

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Superman Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier