Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

Ultra Mâle is a popular perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.
Scent goes well with Sauvage (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pear, Lavender, Mint
Heart Notes Heart NotesCumin, Cinnamon, Clary sage
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Amber, Woods

Submitted by Michael, last update on 08.07.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Jarrod Scott.

Wrecking ball
As some people before me have said, the scent is very sweet and tears you away at the beginning with the wrecking ball.
I personally like such sweet scents very much and I also get consistently positive feedback on this perfume.

On myself, I can clearly recognize the smell of vanilla and I also very much welcome that.

I haven't heard from anyone yet that the scent is too sweet or smells like a women's scent, but rather a subtle "the scent really suits you and smells really delicious. What is it?"

When I apply the fragrance, it lasts about 10h and keeps popping up. For a while I don't smell it myself, but when I am asked about it again, I notice it again.
It is not too extreme and obtrusive, but it shows itself in such a way that it is perceived.
DavidBn
Loud, sweet and even sweeter!
Well, starting with the scent itself. The pear, which you can perceive especially in the opening, is exactly my taste, because the fact that pear is in a perfume surprised me at first.
On my skin, especially the cinnamon comes over relatively strongly with time. The vanilla is also very noticeable, especially after 1 hour+. Personally I think that the whole thing is a pretty sweet brew, but the composition of all those ingredients convinced me - in short: I think that the fragrance smells really good!
In response to the question that is often discussed - also here in the commentary section - whether this is a men's fragrance at all and whether it is not too feminine, I would also like to say a few words and add my mustard: Yes, the fragrance is sweet, and yes, it is not the most masculine fragrance - so what? If someone likes it, then I don't think that is an obstacle. I also don't think it's too feminine for men and boys.

When you can wear the fragrance is already the much more complicated question. If you want to stand out, then you can wear it in winter in your everyday life, but in my opinion it is not suitable for summer. For a party scent it is optimal, even if it should not be reduced to that. In addition, I find that it is especially suitable for young people
About the performance: This is really ingenious with the Ultramale, I think. The scent lasts for 12 hours on my skin and projects like a beast. That makes sure that I have been spoken to about this scent many times before. Several times I got reactions that have something to do with the cinnamon smell, which confirms once again that this relative seems to be strong. However, the feedback was always positive - I have never been told something like "you smell like a woman" or something like that
Even if it is certainly not the cheapest designer fragrance, it is in my opinion worth a purchase or at least a sample - in any case, I wouldn't want to miss it in my collection!
Nils2502
The sailor in his dark robe
This further development of the classic Le Male really has it in itself, you get directly an extreme charge of sweet shot in the face.
The scent is added pear and vanilla which are quite recognizable compared to Le Male For me, the fragrance is one of the best fragrances when it comes to a descriptive man (figuratively speaking), this is represented perfectly by the bottle
The way the bottle looks like, this fragrance smells like it too!

A clear recommendation

The playful lad
This perfume is just made for party's. It's sweet, fruity and a compliment getter. Every young man who loves to club and goes to houseparty's needs this fragrance.

As I said, the scent is sweet and fruity. It opens up realy sweet, almost feminine. It stays sweet until the end, but more on the metrosexual side. In my opinion isn't it too sweet, I do like the strong sweetness, because it's fruity-sweet instead of synthetic-sweet.

I wear this mostly in the club or when I attend party's (matchday included). I think that this scent fits better to younger guys rather than mature man. Occasionly have I worn it in the office when I wanted to impress the ladies at work ;-). It works best on colder days, but I think that it also suits a softer spring day.

A must have for the younger lads out here, it's definetly worth the blindbuy, just get it
Ultra Monster Energy...
.... on recommendation of the here known ferremy J-grance I ordered this fragrance .
Couldn't smell him in the turquoise temple unfortunately because they only had other jpg scents in stock. Completely naive, I ordered this fragrance without having tried it before and was endlessly disappointed ????
I received my jpg 2 days after order in the usual turquoise box and opened a for me appealing canned food-like package (unfortunately with a can opener......)
The flacon is well designed and looks in my eyes masculine aquatic.
I tried to tell myself that this too intense sweet artificial note would disappear immediately, but it just didn't happen. I kept it from wearing the scent the other evening but now I was sure it was not for me I had gained some insights after that evening
1. jpg Ultra Male is nothing for my age as it is too sweet and playful for me .... in my opinion it smells monster energy mango loco and is therefore not suitable for me as a winter scent
2. i noticed in the evening that I have such a similar smelling scent even at home in my fragrance cabinet After a short search, I caught what I think is a cloned culprit
Play Boy VIP who was given to me years ago and in the closet after a short sniffing since then dusts Feel free to say something about whether you feel the same way
Fortunately I was able to give the bottle of perfume to a friend who is still in his early twenties
The was bright on enthusiastic about this perfume and also found my Playboy vip compare not to 100% accurate

My perception of Ultra Male

Top note: Ultra sweet
Heart note: Ultra aromatic synthetic
Base note: Ultra sticky artificially fruity like a too sweet pear limo with carbonic acid

Since this is my first comment please don't take me apart so wildly and give me constructive criticism
I am curious if you can understand my opinion or even share it
Lg from Berlin
P.s.
I continue to bet on my favorite winter horse ???? Pegasus from PdM
Hello here I am!
This is what you probably want to achieve with Ultra Male. To stand out at all costs !
And you can do that with this scent.

Whether it is positive or negative, it remains to be seen.
I guess it depends on how you dispense the scent.

To the fragrance:

He opens with pear, which is actually very special. I don't know that many fragrances that smell like pears. Therefore he has here in any case a unique selling proposition, which distinguishes him from the broad masses.

In the heart note I actually perceive the cumin and cinnamon very strongly.

Later the vanilla becomes very present.

The durability is bombastic. Perhaps one of the best shelf lives in this price segment.
However, one must ask oneself the question whether one should really wear it as a man ? The scent seems very feminine. I wouldn't classify it as a pure men's perfume. It's a unisex scent!

I also think that he has little to do with LeMale. I can see zero similarities here.
I find LeMale better and more masculine.

You can wear it at parties or in winter.
I don't really see him at work. He's screaming too loud for that!
Maybe with two sprays at the most. But this is the maximum.

Conclusion: Very sweet unisex scent, which probably does not suit everyone and which should be used with care.
Otherwise it can be very annoying for the surrounding area, as it has an extreme sillage for hours.

If you want to stand out, you should definitely test this fragrance :)
absolute sensation
this scent is definitely too weak for me here, so I had to write a review right away. Ultra Male has much more power than the normal Le Male and also puts a lot of EDP in my pocket, on my clothes it lasts several days and also on my skin from morning to evening without having to spray. Mixing the famous Le Male DNA with pear is something I like extraordinarily well, thank you for this masterpiece. Of course you have to like sweet scents, otherwise it will be rather difficult with him, but here there are even sweeter variants like the Wanted by night.
VKING
Le Male with pear with black vanilla
If you are looking for a sweet, long-lasting club/winter scent, Ultra Male is the perfect choice. The perfect perfume for the colder season for almost everything (club, date, autumn/winter) Hurrah for JPG...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

party king
What can I say about ultra male that hasn't already been said? This is definetly a monster projector and the longevity is outstanding. This is a very youthful bright scent that women really do adore. Something about the pear cinnamon and vanilla really take this one in a sweet candy gourmand territory. Love it!!
Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle
The perfume is good.
The prelude is provided with a warm, sweet cinnamon, which reminds of Givenchy Pi, but without the sneezing chord and much deeper and more endearing.
The lavender of the original Le Male then appears without displacing the sweet cinnamon opening.
Then vanilla appears, sharing the stage with lavender and cinnamon.
This is a nice gourmand who gets along well in the cold.
Enthusiastic thumbs up.

Dan81Dan81 55 days ago
Playful pear and seductive amber/vanilla. I just want to keep sniffing it; girls share same sentiments!
Arman038Arman038 111 days ago
Sweet and fruity. An adictive scent with great performance. A compliment getter. It's a must have fragrance
Amazon1975Amazon1975 144 days ago
Garbage....no longevity at all. Smells ok for the hour it lasts. Reformulation has ruined it....it's a watered down disaster
SpiffSpiff 9 months ago
This is one of those perfumes that put a smile on my face. Being sweet and powerful, versatility is low but it's great at what it does.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 18 months ago
Too sweet. Can't wear it anymore. Nauseating
KLewisKLewis 23 months ago
Clubbing king! Very sweet start and spicy drydown.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 23 months ago
Very enjoyable opening with pear note dominating, development with cinnamon note dominating, and dry down with vanilla note dominating.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
The original changed almost beyond recognition ... The "Le Male" DNA is buried under layers of "ultra" synthetic ambery sweetness.

by Shivsri13
by Emko47
by Prophetfive
by Prophetfive

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau by Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Aviator by Jean Paul Gaultier