Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

Ultra Mâle is a popular perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pear, Black lavender, Mint
Heart Notes Heart NotesCumin, Cinnamon, Clary sage
Base Notes Base NotesBlack vanilla, Amber, Woods

Submitted by Michael, last update on 20.11.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is model Jarrod Scott.

party king
What can I say about ultra male that hasn't already been said? This is definetly a monster projector and the longevity is outstanding. This is a very youthful bright scent that women really do adore. Something about the pear cinnamon and vanilla really take this one in a sweet candy gourmand territory. Love it!!
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle
The perfume is good.
The prelude is provided with a warm, sweet cinnamon, which reminds of Givenchy Pi, but without the sneezing chord and much deeper and more endearing.
The lavender of the original Le Male then appears without displacing the sweet cinnamon opening.
Then vanilla appears, sharing the stage with lavender and cinnamon.
This is a nice gourmand who gets along well in the cold.
Enthusiastic thumbs up.
8.0 8.0 10.0 8.0/10

DoNI92
The sailor made of cotton candy
The Ultra Male a sugar-sweet young guy who seeks the attention of the crowd. He is a very moody type, with whom one should handle very carefully, because otherwise he gets out of control and affects other people. He's still U20, but he wants to stay that way. His big brother Le male unfortunately can't tame him anymore, because he is young and needs attention. The feeding with pear must is also strongly noticeable with the Ultra Male.
In a nutshell: A solid fragrance that will turn people around when the dose is too high. Here is the motto: Less is more then everyone has something of it :)
9.0 8.0 10.0 9.5/10

The way home
It was a stroll through a perfumery near me. I was once again looking for something new to spray on, because since about a year has also me the perfume fever packed.

I honestly didn't really know what it was gonna be. While browsing through the individual perfume shelves I was not at all sure which type of fragrance it should be this time.

When I had tested my way through some perfumes, it was clear to me that it could also be something fruity-sweet.

I was already tired of the well-known fragrance DNA a la Sauvage and it should not go in the direction of a Dior Homme. Suddenly I was standing in front of Ultra Male. The bottle looked familiar to me from its predecessor, which is poorly known as a bestseller. I sprayed him on a test strip and thought to myself, my goodness... how sweet that is, please. So I put it right back on the shelf. No, I thought I'd spray a little something on your wrist. No sooner said than done. Disillusioned, I made my way through the hustle and bustle of the department store towards the underground car park. I sat down in my car and drove off. The scent was always present on my arm. At every traffic light, every curve, every... always. And with astonishment I noticed: he smells better and better! What came out of the bottle in the beginning as much too sweet, now became much more pleasant. Arriving home I smelled this engaging vanilla and light woods, which were always surrounded by a light pear note. Something cinnamon was always buzzing along. I couldn't believe that the fragrance, which seemed so overwhelmingly sweet in the store, had now turned into an absolute favourite for me. To be exact, it was the fragrance I was looking for in the perfumery the whole time. In addition, there was this unbelievable durability and a silage, which is not at all room-filling, but nevertheless always present.

So the next day I stood in front of the shelf in the shop again, but this time with a decisive difference. I was now finally clear which perfume it should be.

Jean Paul Gaultier - Ultra Male
7.0 9.0 9.0 8.0/10

DarkWinterCS
The most sloshed pear in the club
Clubbing fragrances - the so-called night scents of the young generation. Due to their extreme sweetness or strong spiciness, the fragrances are usually very accentuating and anything but restraining. Now that a well-known YouTuber has highlighted this category of fragrances and proclaimed it to be an attraction, its popularity seems to continue to rise.
But can the rest of the fragrance be convincing as well as its striking sweetness? Will the fragrance also fit outside the talked-in use also in other areas and situations?

For the time being, it can be said that the pear is more than adequately accentuated in perfume. It is not one who knows how to shine with moisture, but rather with overripe sweetness, which can sometimes drive tears into your eyes. Someone who doesn't usually hang around in the field of sweet scents will already get some problems here.
After the nose has become accustomed to the fragrance, a delicate spice and a light wood note can be heard. These, however, remain very much in the background.

If you like to attract attention, don't mind the sweetness and like to smell a very pearly note, you'll find what you're looking for here. My assessment in this respect is based on a very economical use. No scent when you meet someone in the evening in a bar or for dinner. Rather something you can carry in a mass of people - a club or concert fragrance
8.0 10.0 8.0 8.5/10

Adrian308
"The sailor in search of adventures from the Orient"
I have this fragrance for a very long time because from him really 3-4 sprayers are enough he in my opinion otherwise becomes too intrusive. Nevertheless he is a really good fragrance and I have got a lot of compliments for him said he is a ladykiller and comes in women very well he looks masculine, strong and present but sweet, playful and in a single way mythical I have been told. The fruity pear is something very unique in the interaction with the vanilla, in my opinion the fragrance consists only of these two components. The Sillage is room filling and the shelf life very long lasting but it is not suitable for every occasion, perfect for the club, a date or on cold days also very recommendable for the winter or on cold nights. He has something of an oriental scent in my opinion.
The price-performance ratio is very good and it could be marketed as Eau de Parfum.

A great fragrance. ;)

Pear sweet party king
Who wears Ultra Mâle, needs a strong nose, because this fragrance has a lot of charisma, i.e. with "Ultra" JPG has already hit the right name in part.
The start is clearly sweet, but in the frame.
Cumin and cinnamon spread out in the middle, you know ...
And at the end vanilla, vanilla and again vanilla, vvvoll cool.
Wear this scent with 2 sprayers behind your ears when I want to smell sweet, and of course 2 - 3 more sprayers when going away. If something gets on your clothes, you may wash them immediately, because it will simply smell like UM, for days, weeks, years, decades, centuries, millennia, infinity, 2 times infinity.
9.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Sweetnes overloaded
I must be honest and admit that women enjoy this fragrance on me more than I do. Very sweet & yummy kind of smell. It smells delicious. Because its sweetness I recommend this juice only for late fall and winter. Not that pricy. Performance : 8-10 hours. Good projection for 2-3 hours. At the 7th hour mark, It starts to become a skin scent. Not the most masculine scent, for real men. But girls love this scent. Some of them, are wearing this for themselves. Personally, I like to wear this when I go to the club, birthday parties or when I am cuddling with my girl (for this type of scenario, only 1 spray, instead of 3-4).
Overall : 8.5/10
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

My FAVE scent atm
This starts out almost too sweet, but the mid note is an addictive bliss that carries for a long time, intoxicating anyone who gets trapped in the sillage web you leave behind. Women LOVE this one.
8.0 8.0 9.0 7.5/10

The Ultra Man or also the Ultra Woman
A fragrance, which in my opinion could have been marketed as unisex without problems.

The fragrance itself is present from the first moment with its full sweetness. In my opinion he has nothing to do with his relative Le Male, except for the sweetness itself.
It develops slightly fruity so that the pear can also be filtered out.

The durability is very good - without problems +8 hours I perceive it on myself, on the clothes he probably keeps forever.

The Sillage is in any case above average strong, not completely room-filling, but it goes into the 1-2 meters range.

The bottle is a classic, and you don't have to say too much about it < br />
Target group are definitely young people under 30. I find it just inappropriate from then on, because you simply notice this youthful daredevil image in this fragrance.

My conclusion:
In the club and in winter in my opinion very well without problems wearable - For the price a buy recommendation to all, which like sweet smells from the mainstream rail (1 million, Le Male, Invictus etc.) But caution - to some it could be a touch too feminine.

Ultra Male=Sweet Vanilla and Cinnamon Bomb
SOTD (Scent Of The Day): Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male: As of 02/02/19

I do love sweet scents/fragrances but not overly sweet, this just punches my nose with an uppercut of vanilla, pear, cinnamon, lavender and amber with the hint of bergamot, and lemon. That Vanilla and Cinnamon brings the sweetness of this fragrance. I think this should just replaced Le Male as a clubbing fragrance period. It projects like a boss, compliments galore and a beastly longevity and performance. Best suited for fall and winter nights, not just for clubbing, a date night and causal night out as well. Is a must have.

Rating

Scent: 8.5/10
Design/Presentation: 8/10
Value: 5/10
Longevity/Performance: 9/10: Lasted on my skin/skin scent around 12+ hrs beastly mode.
Overall: 8/10
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

Sweet soap?
The opening of this perfume for me was just soapy. After a while a sweet smell started to take over and I understood where the hype comes from. I let my girlfriend smell it and she confirmed my findings. She liked the sweet smell though....
9.0 9.0 9.0 8.5/10

Golcher
it shouldn’t work but it totally does
Usually I’m not into sweet fragrances, yes I do enjoy an ocasional vanilla/tonka one as muchas the next guy but that’s as far as I go with sweetness. Ultra Male dares turn sweetness up to 11 which should make this annoyingly sweet and unwearable but it somehow works perfectly.

Seductive, daring and unique, the ultimate clubbing fragrance. My girlfriend gave it to me as a birthday present and was it a good one! I used it for dinner that same day and it was a total hit.

Ultra Male is spicy, minty and sweet altogether and the cherry on top is pear. This fragrance is certainly not for everyone but it works for me and it makes my Top 5

Awsome
All i can say is that this perfume is awsome and its one of the very few perfumes that didnt change its smell (very much) on my skin ,because my ph is pretty low . I dont see it as a just for club perfume as some people do
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Galahad
The Ultra man is no Casanova!
At the end of 2018 I dared to approach the fragrance palette of JPG and of course started with the classic and founder of this series of beautiful flacons.
The last in the bunch and my collection. was the very one in dark tones and with the ultimate claim of masculinity in the title. In addition to Essence, which is one year younger, the dark sailor is a much-anticipated bottle on the shelves of all perfumeries. At the same time, he claims to address a young target group, to which I also count myself. He is preceded by the reputation of a party scent, sometimes even a Casanova water. At least the first one I would like to contradict, the dark sailor already seems seductive and enormously attractive to me, but he doesn't scream for attention but rather for intimacy. It surrounds the wearer with an extremely sweet aura, fresh in the first minutes, then heavier, which invites the wearer to approach it in order to be able to sense the depth structure of the fragrance.
The greater the distance at which the fragrance is perceived, the more one-dimensional it appears. As you get closer, however, other nuances reveal themselves - spices, woods and vanilla come to the fore - creating a homely atmosphere. From a distance I always sniff the sweetness of an overripe pear, behind whose façade the depth of the entire bouquet reveals itself. After a good hour, the light-fleshed sweetness of the pear becomes darker than the pod of a vanilla. The spicy components help to create more depth.
His territory is - in my opinion - less the dance floors of clubs or overcrowded events, because he can't set a counterpoint in a sweating, agitated crowd and doesn't stand out. I like to wear it alone in a feel-good atmosphere with a good book on the couch. However, the fragrance finds its purpose in one-to-one situations in which you want to cast a spell over your female counterpart. For other men, contrary to its martial double sentence "Ultra", the fragrance is more feminine and androgynous. For younger women, it conveys closeness, security and self-confidence. The wearer also needs the latter if he does not want to appear superficial with a very sweet, extremely seductive scent.
Its season is definitely autumn and winter. Its time of day is darkness, in which it would also be wearable on fresh spring and summer nights. However, more suitable variants are available here.
The outfit to be combined is, as with the entire "Le Male series", a well-fitting shirt or polo with an optional jacket, here I prefer dark blue as the basic colour. Within your own four walls, as a pure feel-good fragrance, it can also be combined well with a "favourite piece" (sweater, hoodie). The durability and Sillage are neat, but I don't think they are outstanding. After two hours it gets very close to my body, which is why I don't see it as a party scent. In fact, it unfolds almost better on clothing than on skin, because then even after a day a super pleasant essence of the base notes is still perceptible.
In addition to the more variable, since fresher original, an ideal addition to the range. For young and young-at-heart perfumers with enough self-confidence to create an ultra sweet fragrance, a rewarding investment. I will wear it to Christmas Eve tonight because the fragrance supports the feel-good factor in the family circle. Anyone who wants to wear the fragrance does not become an ultra-man in the sense of a muscular, tough Herakles, as the bottle suggests, but a modern, sensual, approachable man who must radiate self-confidence! Another successful composition by Kurkdjian
9.0 10.0 10.0 9.5/10

Eliassport
The young man in the club
Through so many positive experiences of others, I have also become aware of the fragrance. Test Eiso!

On my skin the scent is very sweet but also slightly spicy, difficult to describe. Anyway, it smells so artificial. But there are already many comments on the fragrance:-).

In my opinion the scent is unique, which I always prefer or think is good.

But to me the smell does not fit personally at all or not well. I associate the scent with a 20 year old young man who has the intention to get a girl into bed in the next club as soon as possible and that as a routine.
As vocabulary somewhat vulgar but in girls adapting exactly to the situation.

So much for that. I don't want to label the fragrance as bad, but merely as "not suitable" for me personally.

The durability and the Sillage, which move on a good to very good level, are to be rated positive
Who's the scent to now?
That's for everyone to decide for themselves.
In my opinion, this is more for younger people who like to stay in the club, want to perform and see themselves as a traveler in the positive and negative sense.

Rating:
Fragrance: 6/10
Compliments: no estimation because too little tested. (min. 3 months)
Shelf life: 8 of 10
Sillage: 8 of 10

8.0 8.0 7.0 9.5/10

Daredevils
The stuff is in the first two hours a daredevil through and through, I can not really describe the smell, but he is definitely sweet.after two to 3 hours he loses unfortunately in intensity and sillage, which I actually find very sad.the first 10 minutes after spraying on he is very strong and you also smell a clear fresh out these disappear but with time and the smell becomes warmer and warmer.
9.0 8.0 7.0 8.0/10

KLewis
First day but liking it.
First time trying this today so this review will not be as detailed as others, not that I have anywhere near as much as experience as many people on here anyway.

The opening is very sweet with a nice dominating pear, complemented by lavender and a small amount of mint which becomes more prominent as the pear dies down. The heart of the fragrance is where the spice comes in with a great cinnamon scent dominating. On the base I get a great mix of vanilla and amber that seems to be lasting a very long time on my skin.

The presentation of this EDT was different to any other fragrance that I had previously purchased. The bottle came sealed inside a large tin cylinder, pop off the bottom of the tin and these sits the male torso shaped bottle held tightly in place on the inside surface, very well presented.

- Longevity: 7-12 hours
- Sillage: Strong
- Wearability: Autumn, Winter, Spring
- Versatility: Clubbing, Nights out. Possibly office & social events if you hold back on sprays.
9.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

in my TOP 3 favourite fragrances
in my TOP 3 favorite fragrances, best fragrance for the club or for "fun occasions", the first time I put it on has absolutely knocked me down, such a unique fragrance character. Can't really describe how he smells. I wouldn't have smelled the pear note now. Simply very sweet in a very special way. Performance is extremely good. Perfect for the cold seasons, perhaps also in warm seasons in the evening to go out if it is not too hot but by no means during the day in summer! "Must have" for everyone under 30!
8.0 9.0 9.0 4.5/10

Nice for clubbing
Performance is very good on this and should last you a full night out with really strong projection. I hear it is quite popular for clubbing, but not as popular as something like Eros or Sauvage so not super unique but not everyone will be wearing it. This is very very sweet though so would only recommend it for playful situations like clubbing. It's good at what it does and is defiantly a crowd pleaser although not my favourite, but I wear it because others will like it.

Spiff 28 days ago
This is one of those perfumes that put a smile on my face. Being sweet and powerful, versatility is low but it's great at what it does.+2
JoaoMartins 10 months ago
Too sweet. Can't wear it anymore. Nauseating+1
5.0
KLewis 15 months ago
Clubbing king! Very sweet start and spicy drydown.
Carlitos01 15 months ago
Very enjoyable opening with pear note dominating, development with cinnamon note dominating, and dry down with vanilla note dominating.+5
Hermesh 4 years ago
The original changed almost beyond recognition ... The "Le Male" DNA is buried under layers of "ultra" synthetic ambery sweetness.+1
4.0