Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier
Ultra Mâle is a popular perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Puig. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Aventus (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pear, Lavender, Mint
Heart Notes Heart NotesCumin, Cinnamon, Clary sage
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Amber, Woods

Submitted by Michael, last update on 19.01.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Jarrod Scott.

From Ü30 it becomes difficult
One spray is enough to understand in which direction it goes with this fragrance. imagine the classic Gaultier with an additional very strong note of "pear cotton candy". Yes it is extremely sweet and also why it gets harder and harder to wear the older you get. The fragrance takes away the "gentleman vibe" and radically swaps it with youthful playfulness and therefore becomes the best club / date / panty dropper fragrance. From Ü30 I would definitely swap it for Armani Stronger with you Intensely, if not earlier.
A little too young
JPG Ultra Male is for me a fruitier variety than his brother Le Male. But it looks a bit more youthful and playful.

By the smell itself, I would give a "good". Of course there are more complex fragrances but it does its job very well for the application. A classic "outgoing scent". You can wear it very well in summer despite its sweetness. Only at very hot temperatures I would leave it off. To the other seasons it goes clear. To describe it in layman's terms: It starts with a lot of sweetness that you already know from Le Male and which reminds me of a chewing gum. Besides we have the fruity note. I can't identify pears. But it seems fruity.
Sometimes he's not mature enough for me. He certainly doesn't suit everyone and won't please everyone as I do. On some days I shake at the thought of wearing it and then the right mood and climate comes back and I like it very much.

Durability is extreme for a designer fragrance. I can put it on in the evening and still notice it myself the next morning. Be careful with the dosage
The Sillage plays in the same league. However, after a few hours it takes a little bit of time. This is also a good thing.

The bottle has a good quality. JPG typical body in a dark blue. A stand is even included. This makes it look even more noble. The spray head brings a big finely atomized cloud with it. Only the peel-off ring is a bit cheap and falls apart regularly.
Date Fragrance No 1!
Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male is a fragrance that is very unique. Its extraordinary sweetness makes it stand out from the crowd. The result of the pear, followed by cinnamon and vanilla, makes for a very attractive fragrance. This can be seen in the opinions of the women who had to vote between the giant Layton and UM in a YT video and the majority (clearly) voted for UM.

My girlfriend has been crazy about the scent for over a year and doesn't want me to wear any other perfume on our dates.
Before my gym class at the university I sprayed the scent 3 times, because I was at the gym and had sweated before. In the hall a colleague and I met a 30-year-old friend of ours, who said instead of a greeting: "what smells here so horny?"
My colleague, who is convinced of his own scent and wore it that day, just sighed:" It's that shitty party scent of his."
That's when I realized, exactly this extraordinary sweetness, which is the reason for the numerous Ultra Male followers, is also the reason why there are so many who celebrate the fragrance rather less. Attractive scent? Yes! Masculine? Jaein. The woods in the base note are hardly noticeable. Instead, the sweetness stands out throughout.

Overall, it can be said that the fragrance is strangely sweet and striking. In the Date Fragrance ranking it plays high up. At ü35 I can not imagine the scent. But if you are younger and looking for a date scent, you can't go wrong with the UM!
Sweet, sweet, too sweet
This thing is a bomb as far as sweetness goes. Full can of synthetic pear and just... Sugar sweet.
Originally I bought the perfume to celebrate, and that is also the only situation where the fragrance works for me.

The unbelievable sweetness attracts attention among many people and also the shelf life is very good in my opinion. Furthermore, it is very popular with women and men, at least at parties and in the club... Those are the only situations where I can wear Ultramale.

Even though very sweet perfumes are popular in winter, this fragrance is still too much of a good thing. Very penetrating, artificial and obtrusive. I don't know why, but I actually get a headache from the scent when I wear it in my free time. In a club or at a party, the scent is great, but when I wake up the next morning and still smell the scent, I don't like it at all anymore.
Once I applied quite a lot of the scent and when I came home I made myself something to eat in the kitchen. According to my mother it still smelled like "madam" the next morning :D (What this means now, everybody can interpret for himself :D)

In my opinion, the target group should also be significantly restricted. Younger people can definitely wear the fragrance. Because of its extreme sweetness and the youthfulness it radiates, I would not recommend Ultramale for "grown-up" men.

As I said: when celebrating top, otherwise flop!

The Ultra Man
That's my 10!!! I love this fragrance and I am rightly my absolute favourite. It is very sweet and extremely seductive. The notes of pear (albeit synthetic) vanilla, lavender and cinnamon really are an ideal combination. It is really very unique
However, this fragrance does not suit everyone, especially for older men who radiate a certain seriousness, I would not recommend this fragrance. It is rather for young, playful men who want to radiate fun. Therefore the ideal party fragrance.
Also concerning the reactions to the scent one gets split opinions. Either you hate it or you love it. Even if the tendency is clearly positive. My experience: I was lying on the couch with a nice lady 22 and cuddled when she said: "Man, you smell so good!" For her the smell was an absolute 10!!

Shelf life is above average, 12 hours loose. On clothes the fragrance can be smelled for several days.

However, this fragrance is not intended for the office or the summer. Too much would be in the way.
Joop Homme Reloaded
What have I heard about the smell?
Too female
only for young boys
THE party scent
Beastmode

I was expecting a scent that, when sprayed on, would tear down houses and depopulate the nearby cemetery.

What did I perceive when I sprayed for the first time? Pleasantly musty pear, dark vanilla, woods and freshness.

I have my problems with the original Le Male and only entered the line with Le Parfum. The original is too pointed and pushy for me. Since UM I find it much more balanced and warmer. I like to wear it as a sweet everyday scent while shopping, in the office etc. Of course it is important not to overdose it.

To turn the page to the heading.
I find it just as creative as Joop Homme as sweet men's fragrance back then. It breaks some conventions but is very wearable and pleasant.
The Ultra Sailor?
The story behind the fragrance:
Breaking news!
A sailor of the JPG-LeMale has got lost in an unknown coastal region around Italy. He wanted to ask the inhabitants there for the right way. In doing so he stumbled on the local market place and fell into a box with fruits. Mainly bergamot and pear. But a box of valuable mint is also said to have been damaged.
The owner of the market stall wants compensation for the chaos he has caused.

Where can this fragrance best be classified? I have already discussed this with some of my esteemed fellow men. Because this sailor did not want to make it easy for me. At the first encounter I felt a little like with Eros Flame, for example. At first I'm not used to the scent, it seems to be a bit too much of a good thing and my nose is blinded. The transition from head to heart is interesting, but somehow unpolished. Maybe it's supposed to be that way. The ultra-male sailor. Soft shell, hard core?
More like this: Newfangled shell, old-fashioned kernel.

The first time I wore it I had it on for about two hours. There is nothing more with pear, lavender and the bergamot. There are dry spicy tones. They are also well chosen. I think I can perceive the cumin well. I like that. But my acquaintance told me that day that I applied the Hugo Boss Number One. Or a related classic EDT. The next guess would be ala Ted Lapidus Pour Homme. I wondered how that could be So at home I even used my older fragrances. And in parallel the Ultra sailors in the visor taken

Ultra Mâle. Then there was this phenomenon. The spray blast is really powerful. Fruity. Sweet. Just a splash of Ultra. It's way above the other comparable scents. Cheeky, solid and just modern However, it then comes after about ten to fifteen minutes. What I could not quite understand at first. I already suspected that the transition from opening to drydown was somehow harsh. From a conceptual point of view, it seems to be intentional. Was similar with some of the earlier EDTs. Well, nothing can be done now. The top notes cover the main scent completely, but they create false hopes. Because when the mixture of pear, bergamot, mint and lavender - light sweet chewing gum - disappears into the background, things like sage, cinnamon or cumin just don't make sense. The three components in themselves fit together. But the transition. From modern and sparkling to old-fashioned EDT.
What did my friend say? "From Bugati at 300 miles an hour on the open highway to old-fashioned Bentley at 90 miles an hour tops." Or even better than just breaking the sound barrier and then, as if frozen in time, nothing happens for a while before an old biplane takes off towards the landing approach.
This is what this one feels like. In the heart and in the base, the fragrance is simply structured like the classics. Not just the structure itself. No. The composition. I can put Ted Lapidus Pour Homme or Versace L'homme next to it.

In this sense, Le Mâle Ultra is not bad. To create a fragrance that flatters the classics under modern aspects/regulations. The composer has done a very good job of that.
But the headlines go in a completely different direction. Ultra Mâle is simply reminiscent of Versace Eros, because of the mint and citrus notes. Or even Homme Intense by Dior, because of the pear-lavender marriage. And the pear is really well received here. A bit like a candied pear, even. I like that However, this does not go so well with the heart notes. Pear and bergamot and mint which then turn into caraway, cinnamon and sage. This creates a strange smell on my skin for a short time. I wonder if this could be the Dixie toilet scent that someone has so nicely hinted at? It lacks the necessary finesse here. The head notes and the heart notes are fighting on my skin. It's not a very nice contest. When the heart notes take over, the scent becomes very pleasant again. Classic. Simply ideal and almost nice and cosy
And then he also has slight endurance problems. After testing other EDTs, my expectations of this one were extremely high. Eau De Toiltet Intense! I confess: too high! Enclosed, the composition of Le Mâle Ultra has to compete with another scent. That's how I am. Versaces Eros Flame I simply draw the comparison, because the one from JPG simply reminded me of the Flame. Quite at the beginning after the first application.
And there is no way around saying that Flame makes the sailor look like a confused light sailor. Flame; there the top notes flow smoothly into the core of the perfume. From the fruity opening to the spicy heart. This works just great.
In comparison, our poor stress-ridden sailor.
A cozy one, actually. But first the fruit paste has to be wiped off, then the owner of the stand has to be compensated for the damage.

Somehow something came together that didn't have to be. It's not all bad in itself. Only the course of events is completely wrong at first.
The connection with Ultra Modern with Classic. I see or smell what the composer of this perfume must have had in mind. I love the idea. I wear this fragrance too. Maybe my brain will switch over at some point. But so far I have to say that the transition still makes it difficult for me. I love this "blast" that comes my way. I also like the spicy heart component. The woody base. But the abrupt stop that just hits. From jet plane to racehorse. Everything has its class and its place With Le Mâle Ultra you have tried to be everywhere at once. To do several things at the same time. With his head, this sailor is everywhere, but not at the actual thing. That might work in the film. Unfortunately. Because the idea here is really well-meant. I can only emphasize it again.

Now the sailor has to clean up the fruit stand, give his captain a good explanation and then scrub the deck. What a day.

MfG
TheOrange78
Sunstorm
Sweeter the bells never ring
After an absence of 5 years I am back. Actually, I gave away almost my entire old collection, because I wanted to concentrate on a few fragrances, which I then really wear regularly. Well and already I am back in the fragrance heaven and had to get some new scents.

The Ultramale is really ultra. And thank God for the better $1 million. What do I mean by that? I admit I love strong sweet scents, and the 1 Million has such a fantastic top note! But why only WHY does this wonderful top note drift off so quickly (20-30 minutes) into something sweet-ugly and turgid. Such a pity. And that is unfortunately the same with every 1 million flankers. The top notes are almost always top but then.... and what is left over even the next morning is only a slightly pungent unpleasant "stench" for me. Yes indeed.

Not so the Ultramale. I used to have the normal JPG Le Male, too, back in the day. I liked that too, but the Ultramale now meets my taste 100%. The pear - although of course synthetic - smells simply fantastic. I also think that this is a fragrance that has to go especially well with your own body scent. I can well imagine that this is not always the case. My place fits perfectly. And unlike other sweet bombers, the Drydown is not ugly and turgid but remains very pleasant. The pear goes into the background and a pleasant woody vanilla scent remains. What a great drydown. I caught myself sniffing it out from under my T-shirt from time to time. So yummy!

Recently on a youtube channel I heard a lady who doesn't believe in sorting fragrances by occasion. For example, her boyfriend wears Amouage Jubilation XXV all year round - and in the office. I really like this fragrance too, but this blackberry bangs in a completely different way than the pear here. I am of the opinion that you can wear the Ultramale at work as well - but be careful not to contact customers! And only with a splash instead of 3-4 as usual and also rather in autumn and winter. Otherwise it's too much of a good thing - just like the one colleague who apparently takes a bath in the Bleu de Chanel - the office really stinks then. The right dosage is very important depending on the sillage and in the changing room in the gym I notice every time that most men don't get this - the stench is sometimes hard to stand (Axe etc. you know it).

Since the YSL L'Homme, I haven't had a fragrance, because I often spray it at home, just to enjoy it for myself.

Target group: younger men who party? Yeah, I can see that. But that doesn't stop me from wearing this with my 44.

If you are looking for a sweet and in my opinion better scent than the 1 Mio or the old Le Male, you are not doing anything wrong here. If you like the cult YSL La Nuit de L'Homme, you might like this one too, although they smell different but both are unmistakably sweet and delicious. A good autumn and winter cuddly scent.

Once again: don't just buy by head note. I don't even want to know how many people had already bought perfumes based on the first impression and then didn't like the heart note anymore. Not so with YSL L'Homme and this great fruity pear. Clear recommendation.

Josef33
Blindly bought, but somehow very weak
I bought the fragrance blindly because of the many positive comments. Unfortunately I was disappointed, the scent itself is very very sweet and slightly fruity, who likes sweet scents is certainly not wrong here. However, the scent is hardly noticeable after a short time, you only rue it if you really get close, too bad. I would not buy it anymore.
Cuddly
I was never really taken with the Le Male series Not from LeMale or any of the other perfumes that came out.
I also tend to stay in the niche segment, as I prefer exotic or unique perfumes with soul, depth and complexity.
Well, Ultra Male with its striking dark body flacon caught my eye immediately at the Douglas. In the community he is declared to be quite cute, so I thought, oh testing won't hurt.

I don't think I need to explain much more about the scent.
It is quite, no, very sweet paired with a unique pear note as a top note.
Synthetic of course, there's no other way.
But I don't want to go into more detail about synthetics and naturalness, not suitable for me here.
Vanilla, some woods I can also fix, as well as molecules that serve as support to give the fragrance its strength
Of course, you can't talk about uniqueness here either, because it is included in the mass market, and so uniqueness goes down the drain.
Aventus is no different.

In any case, I personally simply like the fragrance character. It goes down well, has an appealing scent and invites you to intimacy, provided you dose it correctly.

Many speak of the Club Scent, a fragrance that is made just for that. You can't even categorize a single category for a fragrance.

The fragrance has many facets, of course it is well suited for the club, because it has the sweetness.
But you can also use it for many other purposes - for cuddling, alone in front of a fireplace at Christmas time, at events where you want to symbolise your chocolate side, at meetings with girls, during intimate conversations in twos as it radiates a feel-good character and much more...

It is absolutely universal, you just have to know how and where. Of course, the character should also be coherent.

The durability and projection is above average.
I can perceive really long on me.
In the end even where it becomes really sweet and smooth.
Adheres loosely over 12 hours.
It's good for 3-4 hours of projection Afterwards he withdraws in small steps.
The fragrance seems to be nothing special, no depth, no complexity, cheap ingredients, a lot of synthetics and yet I really like it.
I enjoy it every time.
Since I often walk around in an All White outfit, he seems to cuddle up to my aura.
I like it, great!
Test it and form your own opinion.

Cheers

HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 months ago
Arguably the best flanker of Le Mâle. Pear and vanilla done right. Sexy and long lasting. 3/5
GreMuserGreMuser 4 months ago
Very loud and sweet, also very very hyped, for my taste it's nothing special. 6 out of 10
HugoderricaHugoderrica 4 months ago
The perfect sweet party scent
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 6 months ago
A heavy oriental fruity-sweet Mid season fragrance, intensified by its solid spicy-resinous base. Nice pear-amber combo.Awesome performance!
Dan81Dan81 8 months ago
Playful pear and seductive amber/vanilla. I just want to keep sniffing it; girls share same sentiments!
Arman038Arman038 10 months ago
Sweet and fruity. An adictive scent with great performance. A compliment getter. It's a must have fragrance
Amazon1975Amazon1975 11 months ago
Garbage....no longevity at all. Smells ok for the hour it lasts. Reformulation has ruined it....it's a watered down disaster
SpiffSpiff 1 year ago
This is one of those perfumes that put a smile on my face. Being sweet and powerful, versatility is low but it's great at what it does.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Too sweet. Can't wear it anymore. Nauseating
KLewisKLewis 2 years ago
Clubbing king! Very sweet start and spicy drydown.

Winterwonderland
by Prophetfive
by Fragrantico6
by Fragrantico6

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau by Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier