Le Mâle Le Parfum 2020

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier
Top 40 in Men's Perfume
Le Mâle Le Parfum is a new perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for men and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCardamomCardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavenderLavender
IrisIris
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla
Oriental woodsOriental woods

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 28.07.2021.

The advertising campaign was photographed by Fede Delibes.

Landshark321
Tempered, modern alternative to the original, very utilitarian
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Le Parfum is a 2020 flanker to the iconic original 1995 Le Male. Le Parfum. Whereas the standout 2015 flanker Ultra Male was an intensely sweeter and fruiter version that many, myself included, regarded as a sort of loud 2000s-era “clubbing” fragrance, Le Parfum smells like a more modernized, sophisticated version, sweeter but restrained, with a little less lavender but more vanilla, albeit straightforwardly a blend of lavender, vanilla, iris, and woods. Although darker than the original or Ultra Male, it’s still somewhat bright, inviting, and feels like an all-day type of scent in cooler weather. I quite like it, and it seems to perform well.

Le Parfum’s current retail pricing is $128/103/82 for 200/125/75ml at Macy’s or Ulta Beauty, and I find the pricing reasonable for the product, as it could easily be a modern staple men’s scent that someone could get a lot of use of, and it’s not so stereotypically masculine that anyone couldn’t enjoy it fairly easily. Certainly more of a crowd-pleaser than niche, artistic, or divisive, but it’s a useful designer release in that respect.

7 out of 10

Can't figure it out...
... as the headline already says, I can not understand the good reviews? It's simply a crowdpleaser and really only that. Where Le Male started, this one continues, perhaps a bit more intense and distinctive. For me, Le Male Le Parfum is too pleasing, too crowdpleasing. Of course, that's just my opinion, I'm not saying it's bad, but it's nothing special. Just give it credit for the successful bottle and the fact that you can wear it for almost any occasion. I do not get warm with him.
Advancement to Admiral
The original Seaman is a modern legend in the men's game. And there are definitely some damn fine offshoots of him, too, from bona fide hits to niche insider tips. An almost unbreakable blockbuster series in the fragrance market. Every release an event. Then, last summer, Le Male Le Parfum made its way into collections and department stores. Ok, the latter rather less, because they were often closed due to the pandemic. But of course the perfume community doesn't miss such a release even in a worldwide emergency. And this black-grey sailor has earned the attention and his slight hype but times soas job...

"Le Parfum" is, without hesitation, a "Le Male." But more subdued, oomphy and evening than ever. This is definitely no longer a disco zapper, this is adult entertainment of the best kind. Matured, confident, big chested but cockless. Arrived and slept in. Still thick-sweet - but so much deeper, denser and stronger that it positively takes your breath away. I'm sure some didn't expect this in this consistency. Less mint, more mild smoke. Cotton candy with a beard. Suit in a Lamborghini. Luxury yacht at half past eight. Cardamom sailing turn. Fat dose of iris - no wonder I'm going steep. Elegant and spellbound. Really high quality vanilla for the full mainstream. "Le Male Le Parfum" is a banger in D-Groll.

Flacon: Le Male in adult and dark
Sillage: gloomy, dense, da
Durability: 11 hours, whether at sea or in port

Conclusion: a terrific, mature and almost bizarrely unsweet sailor, which has long since risen in rank to the sea bear. A hit!
Never. Never, ever.
Who are you, handsome?
Where are you going?
I would never say I had a good nose. Never would I say I know anything about scents. But where are you going? Tell me.

Now here I sit, father's birthday coming up and the desire for a new fragrance. The 2010 125 ml bottle of Joop Homme it has almost halved. What do I get him?

I never said I knew anything about fragrances. Really, Dad, you don't. Here. All the best, you'll like it.

Is it characteristics of LNDH? Is it the cardamom? Or is it fruits? Yes it is fruits!..
It's definitely fruit!
Never did I claim to be knowledgeable. Never.

Grandiose Opening. Crowdpleaser. Adult and young at the same time. Projecting and persistent. Cheap and complex.
A smoke from Le Male
Le Male Le Parfum is a warm, cozy, spicy fragrance.
The fine sweetness plays around the
typical Le Male DNA, refined with light smoke.
The cotton candy vibe is amazing, as with Baccarat Rouge.
It invites through its warm base simply to cuddle.
It also reminds of Herod by Pdm.
Through and through a beautiful composition of sensuality.
He is definitely not a performance monster or sillage king, but that is also not so unfortunate in the price range.
For me, the best version of the Le Male series.
Odyssey 2001
There are fragrances that I like exceptionally well - but still seem puzzling.

And Le Parfum reminds me of one of my favorite movies : Odyssey 2001.

Whenever this artwork appears on TV, my girlfriend and I are glued to the screen - albeit in different parts of town.
The girlfriend is such an ardent fan of this Movie that she even went to see the studios in London - where it was filmed.

I won't go that far - but I still succumbed to the fascination of 2001.
And when the credits roll on TV, the phone rings - and the girlfriend's voice speaks: I still didn't get it.
I know what she means - because I feel the same way.
Especially on the meaning of the monolith many heads have already worked off.

And I feel similarly about Le Parfum.
It pleases with extraordinarily - but I can't blame any particular ingredient.
Vanilla and lavender are always a safe bank - but they are so harmoniously matched that I would only venture the umbrella term : sweet - smoky.
Cardamom also plays a role.

Le Parfum is more enigmatic than its ingredient list would lead you to expect.
But it is mysterious in a pleasant way.
It makes me feel good, and I think that was the perfumers' intention.
Kubrick certainly wrote his screenplay with that intention in mind - perhaps to please - but perhaps also to accept mystery .

Hamlet says : For there are more things between heaven and earth - than your school wisdom lets you dream.

Music : The blue Danube by Strauss
Sweet seduction
The scent is just great. Perfect for the colder days as well as for a nice date night. But he is also suitable in my opinion for gentlemen in the suit. He projects super and holds on the skin about 7 on the clothes about 20 hours. After the initial sweetness, it turns more towards elegance and business! Super fragrance!

Razvanyke
Not the greatest but nearly there
I have owned Le Male EDT since 10 years, I still have the 125ml bottle somewhere, apparently before the reformulations and I sometimes liked it, sometimes found it too powdery and choking.

When Le Male Le Parfum appeared, I tried it and found a similarity in quality with Prada Homme Intense .. the same thickness and longevity is present in the JPG too.

I am in my 30s and I like this a lot, most probably in my 20s I would have found it a bit mature for my taste so 30+ is more suitable for it, I would say.

The smell is really good and the cardamom with vanilla and lavender seem to be more potent to my nose than the rest, but it is not overly sweet nor annoying.

I think this is a great release by JPG, if not the best release since Le Male. All the flankers are obsolete in my view, Ultra Male being the worst from the bunch.

Davide14709
Cloying from too much sweetness
The scent is good overall, but I find it too sweet and it has notes that make me headache (definitely not a perfume for me). I can understand that he can please many people, because he is always a gourmand with well-balanced notes between them. The perfume presents itself with an opening mixed between cardamom, lavender and iris, then vanilla comes out and perhaps, in a mild way, the oriental notes. I find it to make a slightly less sweet comparison than Ultra male (albeit different scents). This is quite an honest review and I tried this perfume with a lot of curiosity and I was almost torn to buy it before getting to know other types of perfume. A very nice thing, but definitely not relevant about a perfume is the very nice and original perfume bottle (like all the other Jean Paul Gaultier) also the box is very nice and well made .. A careful perfume I must say, but I can't to please me.
The Elegant Sailor
The new Jean Paul Gaultier lures with golden bottle and high ratings. And actually the elegant sailor knows how to convince.

At the beginning slightly fruity, it becomes very mild-sweet after a few minutes. For me, especially the notes of cardamom, lavender and vanilla are very perceptible. For me, a very pleasant and addictive combination in which you can not get tired of smelling. To the base note no longer changes too much, beibt almost identical.

To me, however, the durability leaves something to be desired. At the beginning well perceptible it becomes more and more discreet with time until it is to smell for me after 5 to 6 hours only skin close. That's a shame, you could expect a little more. Thus, he is again excellent in closed rooms and in a tight circle to wear without also
only in the approach obtrusive or disturbing to act. So even my parents quickly feel the perfumes as disturbing were pleasantly surprised by this. So anything but penetrating.

The elegant sailor is also very versetail and can be worn in winter so also in summer in bad weather. Excellent, however, he is in the evening z.b at a Resteraunt visit. Could he me also on a date or a romantic joint television evening very well imagine. Unfortunately, he is outdoors too little intense and therefore not really good perceptible.

As a summary, a very noble and pleasant sweet fragrance that can certainly bring in many compliments. To me, however, the shelf life leaves something to be desired.

GolcherGolcher 4 months ago
I always loved Ultramale but it was a little too sweet, then there's Le Male Le Parfum and I'm loving it!
Arman038Arman038 6 months ago
I get the le male dna, but it's different. I mostly smell iris, vanilla and lavender. It is not the iris like in DH.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 7 months ago
A warm and powdery oriental spicy-sweet Winter fragrance, balanced by a creamy resinous-woody base. More mature than the original Le Mâle.
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 9 months ago
The (too) sweet son of Layton and Pegasus, (but from Herod's creator!) half their price, half their performance...for the youngsters
DPArtistDPArtist 10 months ago
Ooh! In a sea of flankers this could well be a rare pearl. Never been a Le Male wearer but I may buy this one. Smooth & alluring! Bravo JPG.
KimJongKimJong 10 months ago
Green spicy vanilla. The lively vibe have decreased compared to the original. I feel it's more like Tom Ford style than JPG.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 12 months ago
Good Flanker. I get vanilla and cardamom mixed with a touch of lavender. I still prefer the OG and Fleur du Mâle but this one is pretty good
BertolucciKBertolucciK 12 months ago
Quality is closer to the original Le Mâle. It lacks the mint and add more sweetness. This one is more for cold days. Performance is good.

Binz auf Rügen
by Arman038
by Prophetfive
by Prophetfive

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier