Le Mâle Le Parfum (2020)

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Mâle Le Parfum is a new perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for men and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

Cardamom, Lavender, Vanilla, Woody notes

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 03.08.2020.

The advertising campaign was photographed by Fede Delibes.

Modern Le Male
A new Jean Paul Gaultier fragrance, I really need to test it. Eiso off to the perfumery that offers mainly designer fragrances - Douglas. Searched, found, the well-known bottle that this time has a golden accent on the spray head - not bad.

I would like to add that I own Ultra Male and I am proud of it.
Le Male, on the other hand, does not, because I simply do not like him.
One quickly thinks, the eau de parfum intense couldn't be better?

You thought wrong! br />
But now let's get to the scent itself.

Even the beginning starts quite differently from his little mint-heavy brother. The cardamom is clearly visible, not a trace of mint, which is why he starts a little sweeter than the Le Male.
After a while the warm vanilla joins in more and more. I also perceive the lavender, but not as a main chord.
I also recognize cinnamon, although not specified, but I can recognize it. There are other notes hidden underneath that round off the whole work.

Main chords : cardamom, cinnamon, gourmand notes.....

All in all, the whole work is rounder and more defined than its little brother, so it makes it a bit more adult.

Because of its sweetness it could be worn in clubs as well as on romantic encounters.

He likes to feel best in the evenings as well as on colder days.
The durability as well as the projection is on a high level. It easily lasts 10 hours with a well perceptible projection - comparable to Ultra Male.
As a conclusion I can give that the fragrance is really well balanced, but unfortunately not really seems to be of high quality, so my feeling
I wish you happy Le Male hours :-)

One of my top fragrances still remains Ultra Male
Ahoy Mr. Captain
The sailor grew up and became a captain. And it's the same with this scent. I was worried that it would be just a boring copy of the original - luckily that's not the case.
The fragrance appears more mature than the original, with more spice and warmth and darker notes. Nice cardamom note, later vanilla is added. The scent is sweet, but always pleasant and not at all exhausting.
Durability is very good for me, as is Sillage. A really very successful fragrance for the colder seasons.
Modern Le Mâle without mint
Ever since I saw the announcement of this fragrance on YouTube, I was extremely excited about it. I have to admit that I'm a fan of the classic Le Mâles, but even though it looks a bit worn, I still think the fragrance is great. I especially like the mixture of vanilla and mint. I also own Le Mâle Essence de Parfum and had Le Mâle Eau Fraîche, I also like the former very much, the latter was a bit too "young" for me.

When I saw Le Mâle Le Parfum in my local Douglas (admittedly that's exactly why I was there), I tried it immediately and was thrilled. A bit strange to sniff through the mask, but then I went out for a short time ;-). It clearly smells like Le Mâle, but somehow darker/warmer and without the mint. As I said at the beginning, the combination with the mint is what I like so much about the original. If you are looking for exactly that in a modern version, you will be disappointed. But the new one captures the rest of the DNA perfectly without smelling of a loveless copy, quite the contrary. The fragrance seems perfectly rounded and very mature to me. I find the fragrance very wearable and can also imagine that it fits more occasions than the original. Moreover, the new version is not so worn out, but still looks familiar. Durability and Sillage are very good, as expected.

If you like the original, you should definitely try this one -- a very clear recommendation despite the missing mint.
Winter Le Male
When I found out today that our Douglas has the scent, I went there immediately After I sprayed it on I was disappointed although my girlfriend liked it (it was the very first fragrance my girlfriend liked and I have some good perfumes)
Sweet woody vanilla scent with the Le Male DNA.
Very strong durability and good sillage.
I'm afraid I hoped for more.
Don't get me wrong the smell is not bad but for a 23 year old like me there are better scents

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau by Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier