Le Mâle Le Parfum 2020

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier
Top 38 in Men's Perfume
Le Mâle Le Parfum is a new perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for men and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCardamomCardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavenderLavender
IrisIris
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla
Oriental woodsOriental woods

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 15.10.2021.

The advertising campaign was photographed by Fede Delibes.

Marco2020
When the night has come...
So about 1998 or 1999 I had the fragrance of Jean Paul Gaultier "Le Male", my God gave the compliments, the fragrance was simply sensational but then also quite mainstream and very popular. Until today I have avoided JPG as a brand with the fragrances, you just smelled "Le Male" everywhere and even today hardly passes a week where you do not smell somewhere "Le Male", one thing I have to leave the fragrance but even today, "Le Male" still smells really really good!

Now to the "Le Male Le Parfum", the bottle looked totally fascinating to me, this black torso matt and gloss with the golden sprayer, very dark and mystical that I was just curious. For a week I have occupied myself with the fragrance, the scents really appealed to me, even a sample was ordered and in the end I could not wait and had to test it in the store. So Friday morning tight schedule we wanted to do some things with a short scheduled stop in the perfumery, it's sunny and fresh at least we have only 12 degrees, for that I've done extra on the sport. All done quickly and then off to the perfumery, of course as always no parking so quickly out of the car and ran down the alley into the perfumery, the Le Parfum sprayed directly on the arm, crass! The cloud was so extreme, I wanted to give it some more time before smelling it. Tried a few other scents and back to the car. When I opened the door and hadn't even got in yet I already heard; "Wow how that smells!", quickly on I dropped me off at the hairdressers, the spray on my arm must have filled this whole salon. My hairdresser already came to me and asked what I would wear today; the scent would be quite "attract him" to express it times so!

The fragrance also acts on myself very attractive, the cardamom with the lavender is really sexy in combination with the vanilla, clearly more adult than the original EDT and the look of the bottle also fits really well to the fragrance. I also think you can definitely smell the classic "Le Male" DNA, maybe I'm imagining it though because I know it's a JPG scent, sometimes I get those classic EDT DNA vibes in the cloud though. I love this fragrance like back in the nineties my "Le Male" and am really strongly tempted to give the original a chance again too, next to Ultra Male, let's see who convinces me more of the two.

Of course, at the end of the day I treated myself to the essence of Le Male Le Parfum, for me it was impossible to resist!
ParfumDude
Werter's real in fine mint powder
So, now it's time for me to give my two cents on the already widely reviewed Le Male Flanker - perhaps now is the right time for it, because autumn is fast approaching and with it the season in which Le Male Le Parfum shines especially bright. So here we go with my review of one of my favorite fragrances of 2020!

The fragrance behaves in a relatively linear way in its progression and impresses with its accessibility and easy-to-wear factor on the one hand, and the special blend of gourmand sweetness and minty-powdery freshness for me on the other. The sweet and cuddly part of Le Parfum is composed mainly by the vanilla and cardamom, creating for me a totally delicious, creamy caramel candy note that I find simply melt-in-your-mouth. This aspect of the fragrance is contrasted by its powdery-minty-fresh superstructure, which makes the fragrance wearable and suitable for everyday use to just the right degree. It is exactly this mixture that makes Le Parfum so special for me. In addition, comes with me a really good durability and sillage.

The external values are okay for me, I was now never the biggest fan of Le Male flacon but in the black-matte and gold color scheme comes Le Parfum already quite noble. The sprayer is good average. Nothing to complain so but also no reason to pop the champagne corks.

Clearly, Le Parfum is not the polished niche fragrance that explores absolute perfume new territory - but it just does not have to be. Sometimes it is perfectly okay if a fragrance with good, own DNA, a high wearability and super performance. And that's exactly what makes Le Male Le Parfum really great :)
KnowThis30
The most beautiful flanker since the original, but...
...I'll probably never wear it or own it for a long time! Why? We'll get to that!

Scent:
So what does the next flanker in the Le Mâle universe smell like? At least on my skin in the top note for a short period of time really pungent! One smells the cardamom - almost untreated and in no way sweetish designed - clearly out, even if only for a few minutes.
The heart note is, unlike the top note quasi 1:1 borrowed from the original fragrance. Although the fragrance with the iris instead of the previous mint is now able to smell fresh in a different way: both variants go in the heart note in this direction, only in the "Le Parfum" a "clean" note has crept in, almost as you might know it from some Prada fragrances - and in no way similar to the lipstick-like iris from the Dior Homme fragrances!
The base note, on the other hand, is what makes this fragrance special for me. Rarely was I allowed to perceive in a designer fragrance such a pleasant, at the same time restrained as well as omnipresent vanilla note, which is accompanied by gentle wood chords - at least my nose lets me conclude among other things on sandalwood - but never drowned out.

Sillage & durability:
I think not to exaggerate when I say that no fragrance on my skin in both categories since
"No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain" has ever performed so outstandingly - even if the two fragrances are of course in no way comparable. The sillage goes far beyond the usual arm's length and the fragrance lingers in the room long after this was left by one.
In terms of durability, we are talking about about 12 - 14 hours, although of course it should be said that the fragrance itself "only" in the first three to four hours strongly radiates. From the eighth hour, "Le Parfum" becomes a gently resonating but tightly fitting fragrance on the skin, which, however, is still perceived here far above average.
In addition, it should be said that of this fragrance has never been more than two sprays on my skin and even these were also quite sparingly dosed.
Of course, these are merely experiences on my skin and can vary from person to person.

Flacon:
If such a flacon had appeared as a new release in recent years, it would probably have suffered just as much of a tear-down, as once the gold bar of Paco Rabanne, the crown heads from the same house, or Dolce & Gabanna or the recently the shelves disfiguring robot!? But as a flanker of the legendary Le Mâle - fits already, even in this day and age!?
The color scheme is coherent, the black and grey divided bottle with its half-matte, half-shiny surface wonderfully subtly tells of the more serious, deeper and darker tone this flanker has taken compared to the former original. And I'd like to imagine, at the very least, that the shiny gold spray head is meant to be a nod to the defining vanilla in this fragrance!?

Price:
Now a good year on the market, "Le Mâle Le Parfum" is easily available on relevant discount sites - and this also at a reasonable price! Away from extra discounts, coupons and any seasonal price reductions, the small 75ml bottle is available for a sum of around 40 - 50€. Considering how little perfume you can apply this fragrance, this is a terrific price-performance ratio!

Application:
"Le Mâle Le Parfum" can be loud, but never falls into a penetrating screaming like, for example, one of its predecessors - namely "Ultra Mâle"! If you plan to use it in a club or discotheque, "Le Parfum" is more suitable for a cosy and atmospheric lounge, bar or even a jazz club. Carefully applied, it could even be used for work, provided that the top and heart notes are already - or almost - disappeared when entering the company.
In terms of seasons, "Le Parfum" is basically wearable at any time except for the warm summer days, although here, of course, the application plays a major role.

So why would I probably not buy this fragrance? After all, the above sounds but actually excellent? Quite simply: because I am already in possession of Armani's "Armani Code Eau de Parfum" from 2021!
And even if some will now say, the fragrances are already completely different when looking at the fragrance pyramid, so I must object that - at least for my nose - these fragrances have a strong similarity: both in the fragrance itself, and especially in the sense of purpose and application!
Both have a - albeit different smelling - quickly fading top note, which is thus not worth mentioning for me. Both heart notes remind me in the - sometimes more, sometimes less - most distant sense of the original "Le Mâle" fragrance presence. And also in the base both play with a wonderful vanilla note, although "Armani Code" differs here by the perfectly rounded tonka bean even a little more.
If I had to choose a note that separates these two fragrances the most: it would probably be the iris!?
So why "Armani Code Eau de Parfum" and not "Le Mâle Le Parfum", some may now ask: because the "Armani Code" for me personally simply rounder, better composed and - for lack of a better word - smoother! Even if it does not last as long or project as "Le Parfum", it can be worn more easily on days and / or places where I would "Le Parfum" but rather thoughtful to hesitant before applying.
Or, to put it another way and again for lack of a better word: no matter which of the two fragrances I wear, they give me from the top to the base note always the same feeling!

Now this is my opinion, which should probably not impress a collector anyway. And so I say: who is still looking for an elegant, but still sufficiently playful and sweetish fragrance for the rather cooler to freezing cold days, which is "Le Mâle Le Parfum" warmly recommended to the heart. Only rarely can be found in the designer sector such a pleasant and long-lasting fragrance that - despite distinctive flacon - can act easily elegant and engaging.
What a great fragrance, which - I would not own and know the said alternative - would have moved in with me in any case!
That leaves 190 cc's...
I can only agree with the opinion of the previous speaker, even if this opinion may obviously not be heard so gladly here...

Fancied by a sample on a test strip, I had treated myself to the 200 ml bottle of Le Male Le Parfum. Consumed I have until the resale, however, not even 10 ml, because on the skin and on the clothes could not really convince me of the fragrance neither from the sillage and durability, nor from his fragrance concept.

The fragrance itself is quite an interesting development of the well-known fragrance DNA. Sweetness is present in Le Parfum also here, but was somewhat taken back. The mint was omitted and instead neat iris was added. On the test strip, the fragrance came across quite appealing and adult, on myself I took him then but already after a few days increasingly as boring, arbitrary, somehow uninteresting and disharmonious was.

The typical and very successful Le Male DNA with the typical also quite popular Iris DNA a la Givenchy, Valentino or Dior to mix, may have been success-technically basically a smart move, but in my opinion somehow does not get along properly with each other in the result. Since other iris fragrances are for me then but much more coherent and harmonious and thus then also more appealing.

The sillage of Le Parfum is basically o.k. but unfortunately also flattens quite quickly. The durability has me, especially by the here partly really very high ratings and compared to other Iris fragrances, then unfortunately not at all convincing. On me, the fragrance held rather mediocre. Since the Iris fragrances of Givenchy, Valentino, Dior or even Prada already play in a completely different league.

Who likes sweet iris fragrances or even collects, for the acquisition of Le Male Le Parfum would certainly not be a mistake. A special revelation was the fragrance for me anyway not. My remaining 190 ml at least now try to make someone else happy, who can hopefully get more from this fragrance than I could.

Landshark321
Tempered, modern alternative to the original, very utilitarian
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Le Parfum is a 2020 flanker to the iconic original 1995 Le Male. Le Parfum. Whereas the standout 2015 flanker Ultra Male was an intensely sweeter and fruiter version that many, myself included, regarded as a sort of loud 2000s-era “clubbing” fragrance, Le Parfum smells like a more modernized, sophisticated version, sweeter but restrained, with a little less lavender but more vanilla, albeit straightforwardly a blend of lavender, vanilla, iris, and woods. Although darker than the original or Ultra Male, it’s still somewhat bright, inviting, and feels like an all-day type of scent in cooler weather. I quite like it, and it seems to perform well.

Le Parfum’s current retail pricing is $128/103/82 for 200/125/75ml at Macy’s or Ulta Beauty, and I find the pricing reasonable for the product, as it could easily be a modern staple men’s scent that someone could get a lot of use of, and it’s not so stereotypically masculine that anyone couldn’t enjoy it fairly easily. Certainly more of a crowd-pleaser than niche, artistic, or divisive, but it’s a useful designer release in that respect.

7 out of 10

Can't figure it out...
... as the headline already says, I can not understand the good reviews? It's simply a crowdpleaser and really only that. Where Le Male started, this one continues, perhaps a bit more intense and distinctive. For me, Le Male Le Parfum is too pleasing, too crowdpleasing. Of course, that's just my opinion, I'm not saying it's bad, but it's nothing special. Just give it credit for the successful bottle and the fact that you can wear it for almost any occasion. I do not get warm with him.
Advancement to Admiral
The original Seaman is a modern legend in the men's game. And there are definitely some damn fine offshoots of him, too, from bona fide hits to niche insider tips. An almost unbreakable blockbuster series in the fragrance market. Every release an event. Then, last summer, Le Male Le Parfum made its way into collections and department stores. Ok, the latter rather less, because they were often closed due to the pandemic. But of course the perfume community doesn't miss such a release even in a worldwide emergency. And this black-grey sailor has earned the attention and his slight hype but times soas job...

"Le Parfum" is, without hesitation, a "Le Male." But more subdued, oomphy and evening than ever. This is definitely no longer a disco zapper, this is adult entertainment of the best kind. Matured, confident, big chested but cockless. Arrived and slept in. Still thick-sweet - but so much deeper, denser and stronger that it positively takes your breath away. I'm sure some didn't expect this in this consistency. Less mint, more mild smoke. Cotton candy with a beard. Suit in a Lamborghini. Luxury yacht at half past eight. Cardamom sailing turn. Fat dose of iris - no wonder I'm going steep. Elegant and spellbound. Really high quality vanilla for the full mainstream. "Le Male Le Parfum" is a banger in D-Groll.

Flacon: Le Male in adult and dark
Sillage: gloomy, dense, da
Durability: 11 hours, whether at sea or in port

Conclusion: a terrific, mature and almost bizarrely unsweet sailor, which has long since risen in rank to the sea bear. A hit!
Never. Never, ever.
Who are you, handsome?
Where are you going?
I would never say I had a good nose. Never would I say I know anything about scents. But where are you going? Tell me.

Now here I sit, father's birthday coming up and the desire for a new fragrance. The 2010 125 ml bottle of Joop Homme it has almost halved. What do I get him?

I never said I knew anything about fragrances. Really, Dad, you don't. Here. All the best, you'll like it.

Is it characteristics of LNDH? Is it the cardamom? Or is it fruits? Yes it is fruits!..
It's definitely fruit!
Never did I claim to be knowledgeable. Never.

Grandiose Opening. Crowdpleaser. Adult and young at the same time. Projecting and persistent. Cheap and complex.
A smoke from Le Male
Le Male Le Parfum is a warm, cozy, spicy fragrance.
The fine sweetness plays around the
typical Le Male DNA, refined with light smoke.
The cotton candy vibe is amazing, as with Baccarat Rouge.
It invites through its warm base simply to cuddle.
It also reminds of Herod by Pdm.
Through and through a beautiful composition of sensuality.
He is definitely not a performance monster or sillage king, but that is also not so unfortunate in the price range.
For me, the best version of the Le Male series.
Odyssey 2001
There are fragrances that I like exceptionally well - but still seem puzzling.

And Le Parfum reminds me of one of my favorite movies : Odyssey 2001.

Whenever this artwork appears on TV, my girlfriend and I are glued to the screen - albeit in different parts of town.
The girlfriend is such an ardent fan of this Movie that she even went to see the studios in London - where it was filmed.

I won't go that far - but I still succumbed to the fascination of 2001.
And when the credits roll on TV, the phone rings - and the girlfriend's voice speaks: I still didn't get it.
I know what she means - because I feel the same way.
Especially on the meaning of the monolith many heads have already worked off.

And I feel similarly about Le Parfum.
It pleases with extraordinarily - but I can't blame any particular ingredient.
Vanilla and lavender are always a safe bank - but they are so harmoniously matched that I would only venture the umbrella term : sweet - smoky.
Cardamom also plays a role.

Le Parfum is more enigmatic than its ingredient list would lead you to expect.
But it is mysterious in a pleasant way.
It makes me feel good, and I think that was the perfumers' intention.
Kubrick certainly wrote his screenplay with that intention in mind - perhaps to please - but perhaps also to accept mystery .

Hamlet says : For there are more things between heaven and earth - than your school wisdom lets you dream.

Music : The blue Danube by Strauss

GreMuserGreMuser 5 days ago
It's not similar to Ultramale (supersweet), but to the original + an extra-dose of iris powderiness that makes it more serious and refined.
TuckoTucko 11 days ago
aye aye captain, the new flagship has arrived
KuraiKurai 1 month ago
Cream, powder and oriental spice.. mainstream yes, winter/night-out scent yes, successful yes
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 2 months ago
It has similarities to Luna Rossa black which I absolutely despise. The dry powderyness combined with a synthetic sweetness is too much
GolcherGolcher 6 months ago
I always loved Ultramale but it was a little too sweet, then there's Le Male Le Parfum and I'm loving it!
Arman038Arman038 8 months ago
I get the le male dna, but it's different. I mostly smell iris, vanilla and lavender. It is not the iris like in DH.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 9 months ago
A warm and powdery oriental spicy-sweet Winter fragrance, balanced by a creamy resinous-woody base. More mature than the original Le Mâle.
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 12 months ago
The (too) sweet son of Layton and Pegasus, (but from Herod's creator!) half their price, half their performance...for the youngsters
DPArtistDPArtist 1 year ago
Ooh! In a sea of flankers this could well be a rare pearl. Never been a Le Male wearer but I may buy this one. Smooth & alluring! Bravo JPG.
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
Green spicy vanilla. The lively vibe have decreased compared to the original. I feel it's more like Tom Ford style than JPG.

Binz auf Rügen
by Prophetfive
by Stere
by Stere

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier