Le Mâle Le Parfum 2020

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier
Top 37 in Men's Perfume
Le Mâle Le Parfum is a new perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for men and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Oriental woods

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 01.05.2021.

The advertising campaign was photographed by Fede Delibes.

Odyssey 2001
There are fragrances that I like exceptionally well - but still seem puzzling.

And Le Parfum reminds me of one of my favorite movies : Odyssey 2001.

Whenever this artwork appears on TV, my girlfriend and I are glued to the screen - albeit in different parts of town.
The girlfriend is such an ardent fan of this Movie that she even went to see the studios in London - where it was filmed.

I won't go that far - but I still succumbed to the fascination of 2001.
And when the credits roll on TV, the phone rings - and the girlfriend's voice speaks: I still didn't get it.
I know what she means - because I feel the same way.
Especially on the meaning of the monolith many heads have already worked off.

And I feel similarly about Le Parfum.
It pleases with extraordinarily - but I can't blame any particular ingredient.
Vanilla and lavender are always a safe bank - but they are so harmoniously matched that I would only venture the umbrella term : sweet - smoky.
Cardamom also plays a role.

Le Parfum is more enigmatic than its ingredient list would lead you to expect.
But it is mysterious in a pleasant way.
It makes me feel good, and I think that was the perfumers' intention.
Kubrick certainly wrote his screenplay with that intention in mind - perhaps to please - but perhaps also to accept mystery .

Hamlet says : For there are more things between heaven and earth - than your school wisdom lets you dream.

Music : The blue Danube by Strauss
Sweet seduction
The scent is just great. Perfect for the colder days as well as for a nice date night. But he is also suitable in my opinion for gentlemen in the suit. He projects super and holds on the skin about 7 on the clothes about 20 hours. After the initial sweetness, it turns more towards elegance and business! Super fragrance!

Razvanyke
Not the greatest but nearly there
I have owned Le Male EDT since 10 years, I still have the 125ml bottle somewhere, apparently before the reformulations and I sometimes liked it, sometimes found it too powdery and choking.

When Le Male Le Parfum appeared, I tried it and found a similarity in quality with Prada Homme Intense .. the same thickness and longevity is present in the JPG too.

I am in my 30s and I like this a lot, most probably in my 20s I would have found it a bit mature for my taste so 30+ is more suitable for it, I would say.

The smell is really good and the cardamom with vanilla and lavender seem to be more potent to my nose than the rest, but it is not overly sweet nor annoying.

I think this is a great release by JPG, if not the best release since Le Male. All the flankers are obsolete in my view, Ultra Male being the worst from the bunch.
Yum Yum
I pollinate me now already for some years.
The J.P.G. fragrances went "odorless" all past me...! ^^ With this one I had to pause, and do it still. I had ne sample just a few weeks ago, and am very surprised about the effect on me. The bad thing about it is; I have the urge to lick it off/try it...! Then I say to myself, No nich make, it is a perfume and nix to eat^^.
I smell Him already very gladly, but not on my skin. Evtl. I run times nen Christmas stand if Covid 19 it times again allows ... Then I get me a bottle and dust myself with it when I sell vanilla cookies....! :-)
Mfg

Davide14709
Cloying from too much sweetness
The scent is good overall, but I find it too sweet and it has notes that make me headache (definitely not a perfume for me). I can understand that he can please many people, because he is always a gourmand with well-balanced notes between them. The perfume presents itself with an opening mixed between cardamom, lavender and iris, then vanilla comes out and perhaps, in a mild way, the oriental notes. I find it to make a slightly less sweet comparison than Ultra male (albeit different scents). This is quite an honest review and I tried this perfume with a lot of curiosity and I was almost torn to buy it before getting to know other types of perfume. A very nice thing, but definitely not relevant about a perfume is the very nice and original perfume bottle (like all the other Jean Paul Gaultier) also the box is very nice and well made .. A careful perfume I must say, but I can't to please me.
The Elegant Sailor
The new Jean Paul Gaultier lures with golden bottle and high ratings. And actually the elegant sailor knows how to convince.

At the beginning slightly fruity, it becomes very mild-sweet after a few minutes. For me, especially the notes of cardamom, lavender and vanilla are very perceptible. For me, a very pleasant and addictive combination in which you can not get tired of smelling. To the base note no longer changes too much, beibt almost identical.

To me, however, the durability leaves something to be desired. At the beginning well perceptible it becomes more and more discreet with time until it is to smell for me after 5 to 6 hours only skin close. That's a shame, you could expect a little more. Thus, he is again excellent in closed rooms and in a tight circle to wear without also
only in the approach obtrusive or disturbing to act. So even my parents quickly feel the perfumes as disturbing were pleasantly surprised by this. So anything but penetrating.

The elegant sailor is also very versetail and can be worn in winter so also in summer in bad weather. Excellent, however, he is in the evening z.b at a Resteraunt visit. Could he me also on a date or a romantic joint television evening very well imagine. Unfortunately, he is outdoors too little intense and therefore not really good perceptible.

As a summary, a very noble and pleasant sweet fragrance that can certainly bring in many compliments. To me, however, the shelf life leaves something to be desired.
Real Good....
Curious by the many positive reviews, I got myself a bottling.
And indeed: the fragrance is absolutely convincing. One notices the DNA of the origin Le Male a little in the background but I would still call him an absolutely independent fragrance.
For me, a purchase candidate!
Flaconesse
Of winter sailors and unisex thoughts
Welcome to the 16th perfume advent calendar door and behind it hides none other than Jean Paul Gaultier's latest addition to the Le Male family, namely the Le Male Le Parfum.

By way of introduction, however, I would like to strike a few more thoughtful and blogesque notes today and shout at the top of my lungs:
Please wear what you want!

Wear what you like and don't pay too much attention to the divisions between men's and women's fragrances, because those are just owed to the marketing departments of the respective companies. One of my favorite topics when it comes to perfumes and their use.

But why does humanity still strive to be shoehorned in, to have a label printed on them? I think it's partly because the whole host of sheer possibilities requires a great deal of decisiveness. After all, we live in times when women can work in executive suites and men can look after the children at home, and that scares a lot of people. This requires new ways of thinking. A dissolution of old, traditional, often endlessly entrenched structures and conventions. After all, everything was better in the past? No, definitely not. We're all still not quite as emancipated (and I hate that word) as we'd like to be, in need of women's quotas and equality officers, but in theory everyone can do what they like.

Since this unsettles many, one wants to have at least in the drugstore and perfumery a certain order and overview, so the said shelf "only for men" must come. With products such as facial cleansing, it may even make sense, since men often have thicker skin and stronger beard hair, at least most of the time. However, I also once had a phase where I used facial care for men because I liked the fresh smell so much and a good friend of mine boycotts all shower gels with the label "for men", instead reaching for creamier formulations, gladly with coconut or vanilla scent. So who decided when what smells feminine and what smells masculine?

In the past, many women's fragrances were more tart than men's fragrances are today. And without the label "men's fragrance" some of the waters would pass easily as a women's fragrance. Many niche brands have understood this by now and declare their compositions as unisex, because this label is not only a marketing decision but could, and in my opinion should, also always be a socio-political attitude. In this sense, I consider all fragrances as unisex and see the respective classification only as a recommendation, because it lives much easier, because more boundless.

But now finally to the fragrance: Le Male the Le Parfum appeared this year as the newest family member of the huge Le Male family. Many of the Le Male fragrances, with their numerous flankers, summer, winter, Easter and sailor versions, as well as the very first version, the eau de toilette, which was launched in 1995, were dreamed up by Francis Kurkdjian, who made perfume history by creating the first of the fragrances in the iconic male torso. His subsequent stellar career is well known to all perfumos. Le Male le Parfum was now, however, created by another perfumer duo, but ties in with the classic le Male:

Immediately upon spraying on, a tangy-fresh breeze blows around me, which quite clearly reveals the Le Male DNA. I am sure you have smelled this DNA before, if not consciously, then somewhere in public, train, bar or cinema. And I actually believe that there is no men's fragrance that I have smelled more often in my 20-year daily-to-work-with-the-train-driving career than this one. Shortly thereafter, the scent becomes more wintry and sweet; I smell almondy hints of marzipan, but they are not listed in the fragrance notes. Sweet iris combines with even sweeter vanilla and fades gently over woody. The ambery woods with slight synthetics that I can detect here in the drydown, surprisingly, I really like in this fragrance as they support it in the best possible way. The Le Male DNA pulls itself thereby through the entire fragrance.

So my expectations for this fragrance were extremely high and I have to say they were not disappointed. I like the fragrance so much that I have already worn it on many days and to close the Keris, it is absolutely UNISEX. So ladies, take heart. If you like the showery vibe of the original version and want to wear it adapted into a winter scent, go for it. I'm sure I'll be buying a big bottle of this when the sample is empty, because I think it's stunningly beautiful, classy and coherent in black and gold. He is particularly well suited in winter, as an everyday, going out but also as a cuddle and Einschlafduft.

To compare it with the most popular Le Male creations I would say, the original Eau de Toilette is the everyday, fresher signature fragrance, Ultra Male, the young, wild sweet-fruity party crasher and the Le Parfum the cuddly winter suitable, noblest and most adult of the series.

Your Flaconesse

My oh my oh my....
I’ve been slowly dying as I patiently waited for this one to arrive in the mail... and it finally arrived...

I must confess, I AM indeed a fan of the Le Male line; just about every one of the 7 gazillion flankers make me smile, so after reading all the reviews on this one, I absolutely PRAYED that they’d release it in the US.... and FINALLY, Macy’s has it available first... I ordered it online, and here we are.

I must say... I’m in a state of pure bliss after I took a HOT shower and sprayed it on. It’s about 35 degrees Fahrenheit outside, and the scent this gives is FANTASTIC. It feels almost like someone made a rich, chocolate dessert out of the original Le Male scent... seriously. You can DEFINITELY tell it’s a member of the Le Male line, the profile of the original is loud and clear, but it’s got a sweeter, hot chocolate feel to it. I don’t know how to describe it... the DNA of the original is somehow still there, but without the minty, barbershop vibe. Somehow the flavor is there; but it comes with completely DIFFERENT notes.How they pulled it off? I have no clue, but I’m glad they did. I’m going to buy a 200ml bottle to stockpile when I get a chance.

The projection radius is a good 4ft, and the sillage trail lingers nicely... they WILL know you were there... wondering just where that magical mist is coming from, and the longevity is on par with the Ultra Male... 8+ hours easily.

All in all, I can FINALLY say I have it... and MAN oh MAN am I a happy camper.

Man in Black
The new edition of JPG Le Male is indeed a revelation. Le Male is already an integral part of the perfume world, but Le Parfum makes it equal to him.

A perfectly balanced fragrance with the familiar DNA scent and then kicks the sweetness of vanilla. The spiciness gives the fragrance the classic touch but in combination with the vanilla is simply unbeatable. Le Parfum gives me compliments on the assembly line and is really not hyped for nothing.

The durability and also the silage are extremely good and perform outstandingly. I find it an absolute enrichment and absolutely worth its money.

GolcherGolcher 25 days ago
I always loved Ultramale but it was a little too sweet, then there's Le Male Le Parfum and I'm loving it!
Arman038Arman038 3 months ago
I get the le male dna, but it's different. I mostly smell iris, vanilla and lavender. It is not the iris like in DH.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 4 months ago
A warm and powdery oriental spicy-sweet Winter fragrance, balanced by a creamy resinous-woody base. More mature than the original Le Mâle.
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 7 months ago
The (too) sweet son of Layton and Pegasus, (but from Herod's creator!) half their price, half their performance...for the youngsters
DPArtistDPArtist 7 months ago
Ooh! In a sea of flankers this could well be a rare pearl. Never been a Le Male wearer but I may buy this one. Smooth & alluring! Bravo JPG.
KimJongKimJong 7 months ago
Green spicy vanilla. The lively vibe have decreased compared to the original. I feel it's more like Tom Ford style than JPG.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 9 months ago
Good Flanker. I get vanilla and cardamom mixed with a touch of lavender. I still prefer the OG and Fleur du Mâle but this one is pretty good
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
Quality is closer to the original Le Mâle. It lacks the mint and add more sweetness. This one is more for cold days. Performance is good.

by Micha1984
by Arman038
by Prophetfive
by Prophetfive

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier