Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier

Spiff
14.01.2022 - 04:25 PM
Helpful Review

Fool's Gold

Disclaimer - I'm the fool and Le Parfum is gold for me.

For serious fragrance enthusiasts this is probably nothing special - a mainstream release with nothing new. For my untrained and not very selective nose, this is something special and one of my favorites.

I also own Ultra Male and Le Male Essence and while I love both, this one has now carved a special place in my heart.

Starts off with a bang - a strong spicy opening. After some 30 minutes it gets closer to the skin, the spices fade out though they do not disappear. The traditional Le Male lavender-vanilla combo grows stronger and comes to the foreground accompanied by a pinch of iris.

The late dry-down is mostly the lavender and vanilla but with a touch of the spices and iris. Darker than the original Le Male but, just like Ultra and Essence, clearly inheriting its original DNA.

Longevity is very good, projection is moderate at most, sillage is lovely - I get whiffs of it throughout the day that put a smile on my face every time.

Versatility is also very good. After 30-60 minutes projection is low and despite the darker nature of the beast, I find it appropriate for most occasions at any time in any weather except hot days. Having said that, it will most definitely be at its best for nocturnal use. As far as age goes, I find it fun enough for younger guys and classy enough for more experienced gentlemen.

Latest Reviews

SpiffSpiff 2 years ago
1 Million Parfum - Paco Rabanne

1 Million Parfum Summer is coming
1 Million Parfum does remind me of the original, though this one is more floral, with vibes of coconutty sun lotion and salt. It immediately brings to my mind holidays by the sea, it is a happy fragrance. A rare instance of marketing actually somewhat...

SpiffSpiff 2 years ago
For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Parfum) - Narciso Rodriguez

For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Parfum) Creamy musky woods
After trying Bleu Noir EdT and liking it enough to buy it, I went back to the shop to try the EdP. In my mind I thought I would get more power, more longevity with some minor differences. I was sorely disappointed upon smelling it. No strong...