Le Mâle On Board 2021

Le Mâle On Board by Jean Paul Gaultier
Le Mâle On Board is a new and limited perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for men and was released in 2021. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation Limited Edition

BergamotBergamot
GeraniumGeranium
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 26.06.2021.

ScentSlave
This smells almost exactly like Aviator
I was SOOOO excited when I saw this, I just grabbed it. The fact that the retailer I went to had it here in TX was more than enough for me to just grab the debit card and pay….

I was excited like a kid who just scored the PS5, so I ran home, showered, and sprayed…

…and it was almost a carbon copy of the Aviator scent… now don’t get me wrong, I love the Aviator scent… it’s just that I don’t need two of them…

IF there is ANY difference, I would say that the On Board dry down has more of a resemblance to the original Le Male than the Aviator does, but that might just be a placebo in my head that’s trying to make me feel like I didn’t waste my $$ on this blind buy.

Again, I still like the scent, it’s a great one in my opinion…. It’s just that it’s an identical twin to the Aviator, and I still can’t quite tell which twin has which differences yet…
Thomas1032
Jean Paul Gaultier in summer?
The new limited edition Le Mâle on Board is here. The anticipation and excitement was great, but he could not really convince me. As so often in the house of Jean Paul Gaultier, the limited editions are often a little disappointment. So also with their latest release.

As you could already see from the description, not exactly many fragrance notes are represented. Bergamot, rose geranium and tonka bean and that's it. So in this regard, you could already guess before what would expect one. Exactly these three notes I also perceive to a great extent. A slight freshness by the bergamot, rosy and slightly sweet. Therefore, neither something new nor extraordinary. The Le Mâle DNA is definitely perceptible, it also goes slightly in their direction. Without lavender and vanilla but more bergamot. Possibly it reminds me also discreetly of Versace Eros, probably owed by the mixture of fresh and sweet.

By the flacon design and advertising dazzled I have already expected something else. Marketing technically, the theme was missed here far. A bright blue bottle resting on an island in the water. Expected here was a fresh summer fragrance with an aquatic note ideal for beach and vacation. But you get here with this fragrance definitely not! Much too rosy and too sweet so that it would fit in the heat and summer. So it would be annoying and penetrating for me. I personally see him rather on slightly cool days such as in the spring.

The durability in this fragrance is moderate and the sillage rather below average. As age I see with this fragrance rather younger people. For me, the masculine note is also definitely missing here. By the yet strong rose note possibly slightly feminine.

As a summary, I would say that the latest release smells good, but still nothing new or even out of the ordinary. And as once before mentioned the topic was missed here far.
For those of you who like the original Le Mâle, it could still be a good alternative. In my fragrance collection creates it "Le Mâle on Board" but not.

KimJongKimJong 5 months ago
A total failure that has no good point other than the bottle design.

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier