Scandal pour Homme 2021

Scandal pour Homme by Jean Paul Gaultier
Scandal pour Homme is a new perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for men and was released in 2021. The scent is sweet-synthetic. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

CaramelCaramel Tonka beanTonka bean Clary sageClary sage VetiverVetiver

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 24.05.2022.

The faces of the advertising campaign are models Parker van Noord and Imaan Hammam, filmed by Jonas Lindstroem.

FantOmaSS
Definitely not my style...
So, Jean Paul, we immediately recognize your "paw"...
So this Scandal is, let's say, deja vu.
Neither good nor bad, neither brilliant nor disgusting, but deja vu...
Like we take a bit of what's already been done, and add a pinch of this, a touch of that, to end up with a "new" perfume.
So to me it smells like a million other perfumes, not better, not worse...
It's a bit overdosed for my taste.
A kind of Paco Rabanne 1 Million version JPG...
The opening? A kind of caramelized popcorn very (too) vanilla, sweet, explosive...
Nothing unique though but i expected something else.
So i don't know where the mandarin is, but to my nose it goes completely unnoticed, the opposite of Tonka which is indeed (too) present.
On the whole rather synthetic, chemical, commonplace, boring...
In short, you will understand, nothing new under the sun.
Powerful sillage and strong longevity, however.
It's a shame because Jean Paul has regaled us in the past with beautiful creations.
The bottle is still nice, i like the pompous side of the cap, (plastic), do not dream either.
Conclusion: JPG Scandal, no reason to make a scandal.
My rating: 5/10

Children of the Night
Scandal must be what fragheads refer to as "screechy". The caramel sweetness combines with the aromatics to create a nose-tingling and head-splitting concoction. The bombastic opening is reminiscent of Paco Rabanne Phantom. I am not a fan of sickly sweet scents such as these but I would pick Phantom over this if I had to. These scents smell like something children would wear but apparently adult men wear them to go clubbing and to impress the ladies. If I understand correctly, men wear sweet scents only because women like sweet scents and they want the ladies to move in for a whiff. To that I say, it is a good thing men do not have to dress like women to attract them.
Solid Teen Scent !
In advance I must say that I am not necessarily a fan of the top note, however, I can the strong negative aspects of my previous speakers also not quite understand.

Well then, what everything "comes" after that I like quite better. This light not intrusive sweetness, you know what I mean?

A solid young adult/teenager scent.

To the price performance I must say, a 100 ml bottle for just 70, - Euronen to get hold of I find really good, especially since the manufacturer has recently resorted to "reusable flacons. These are discovered in even cheaper, not to mention the sustainability!
No scandal
Warm, pleasant sweetness at the beginning, to which one could get used, if the environment was also so indulgent.
Tips very quickly into an unpleasant, scratchy, synthetic note that no longer harmonizes at all with the initial sweetness.

Brings up associations of a room sprayed full of deodorant or men's locker room.

Holds extremely long (unfortunately).
2.5
Leimbacher
Scandal in the sweeping district
"Scandal Pour Homme" at least has an advertising campaign to match - incredibly striking, immature and ultimately meaningless. Each still so arbitrary sailor derivative is there miles ahead!

The fragrance itself is one of the most synthetic and scratchy caramel commanders of the olfactory modern era. When pubescent shampoo meets cheap dessert from the discount store, when pudding not only wobbles itself but just this also makes heads. No need to draw niche or snobbish lines at all - this one is an imposition even for the lowest drugstore drawer. Werther's Inauthentic. Migraine fire accelerant. Stomach-turning. Not even player, more of a poser. Please let your teenage sons wear better!

Flacon: cheesy and unfunny
Sillage: snobbish and schlotzig
Durability: 7-8 hours

Conclusion: a new low for JPG. Makes his name all honor - scandalously annoying, cheap, plörrig!

That takes the cake
There are those fragrances where the product marketing doesn't pick me up at all and I end up standing in front of the shelf at the local perfumery with my mouth wide open, my entire posture signaling desperation and need for help. "Scandal" reminded me first and foremost of Alice in the girly variety, stuck upside down the rabbit hole, but that didn't help me even back in 2017. What is this little crown of a scandal supposed to report to me now? Yes, it almost borders on scandalous that the valued customer is misled with abstruse associations and fantasies.

A red box with coronet welcomes me, is it in royal red? One does not know it so exactly. In any case, the letters remind me of a British brand of sports and leisurewear of sometimes dubious reputation, at least as far as some of its wearers are concerned. This ingratiation is a scandal, at least a minor one. Inside, a solid bottle with silver-grey liquid and gold emblem with lettering and a crown on top. If I'd studied the tabloids in the waiting room of my dentist's office, I'd have figured out which crown this piece of work reminds me of. Yes, we already have gold bars, trophies and cups, we need more, we put a crown on it. It's all there! But who the hell knows Clive Christian?! Besides, this crown is much bigger and much nicer! A push on the unfortunately rather inferior atomizer brings out only bigger drops. A scandal, not at all sovereign!

The first sniff hits you like a whole, hard, a very hard chunk to hot caramel. It's sweet, and it gets sweeter. Of a synthetic sweetness that hardly suggests sugar in it, but all sorts of sugar substitutes from the lab, which are then used in American confectionery and soft drinks. However, without any fruity additions. At most, there are synthetic vanilla or tonka flavors involved and something I can't name. It is supposed to simulate something spicy, but which fortunately keeps me clearly in the background. More happens then also not.

The fragrance starts strongly sweet, becomes a little sweeter and then decreases in intensity. More does not happen there. Good 8-10 hours long.

For the target audience who is looking for a certain stage of development of a fragrance and only wants this one linear fragrance, it must be the fulfillment. For those who carry an inner Monk around with them, for whom the development of a fragrance with its different notes and progressions means physical torment, this fragrance must be salvation.
For sons who are pampered by their mothers and carried on hands, who are the very sweetest thing in the world, royal children, crown princes, future family princes, who have already imbibed their status with their mother's milk, this bottle is the epitome of their being, this fragrance is a reflection of their essence. This fragrance will once again amplify and manifest their appearance, as bombproof as caramel can pry out any seal.
The consumer of this perfume is truly not looking for a scent experience, the scent is just meant to stick to them unchanged all day, to make them seem sugary sweet, and Scandal manages to do that for almost an entire day.

I could have titled this review "crown of creation", but that would have put this fragrance in a completely wrong light. Because there must still be room for at least one "Night" and one "Intense" version.
Hsbmhmdajz
A flop like Kokorico? I think not!
From the first time I saw that there is a new release for men from the house of JPG, which for once is not a "Le Male" Flanker I was hooked.
The last time that JPG released a new fragrance line (Kokorico) it flopped very hard and the sales figures were disastrous So it came to that I one day in the perfumery of my confidence a thick bottle with a crown saw.
Admittedly, the flacon can act quite machohaft, however, I felt him as appealing and he liked me really well.
I sprayed him on a test strip while I already felt the observing looks of the female employees.
From the first moment I liked this sweet mixture of caramel and tonka bean very much. For me, it smells a little like Stronger With you Intensely.
I can understand that many people in our community consider this fragrance very
"mainstream" and boring, however, I am sure that people outside of the perfume enthusiast bubble will find this fragrance very pleasing and appealing.

Conclusion :
A successful fragrance that does not reinvent the wheel, but for what it should be (a Crowdpleaser) does a more than good job
Andreas23
A sweet fragrance that has no real course
When I saw that this should be the new JPG, I was very excited to test it. After the first reviews and opinions, I was no longer so sure.

A few days later....
I stood in the perfumery and my eyes skimmed the shelves of men's fragrances. There he stood. The JPG with the crown, whose name promised me something like a wow effect. Well OK, the crown is really pretty cheesy.

The wow effect came in the form of a hefty punch of sweetness.
The boxer from the commercial had at least done his job before.
This proved to me that the opinions, regarding the sweetness, have not lied The test strip I put aside to sniff again later.

10 min later.
Not much had changed.
Since I expect a sample of this fragrance at home in the next few days, I left it at that for now.

Again, a few days later...
The sample was there.
So the whole thing again in peace and this time on the skin.
The game repeated itself, only that I now noticed that after 20 min the other components also try to say something. Only not really come to word.
In terms of durability, there is nothing to complain about. For an edt he really long.

Conclusion: a sweet fragrance, which has no real course and will not be absorbed by me.

In favor of the accused: as bad as he is partly described here, he is not. For a young man around 20 years old, who wears le Male edt and wants something different, this fragrance could be what.

I am not a perfume expert, so this assessment arose after my personal assessment.
JackyJacky
Who buys that? Knocked out in the first round.
A rhetorical question, because of course there will be buyers for this fragrance, I'm thinking of 15 to 21 year olds who dream of fast cars with loud exhaust pipes, like to watch knockout videos on Youtube and have a routine in setting up shisha; who mistakenly believe that they have a clear upgrade to their AXE deodorant and the advertised (by AXE) irresistible effect on the ladies (or girls?)
In the fragrance in and of itself is nothing scandalous, nothing polarizing, I've smelled him felt umpteen times (including at the three-letter deo manufacturer), although I'm not a perfume fanatic who could list off the top of my head fragrances to which this is oriented (where the first thing that came to mind Armani - Stronger With You Absolutely, which, however, is clearly more complex) I'm sure that this olfactory experience brings no new facets to the world of fragrances.
The scent is very caramel, so sweet you can hear your pancreas groan, like a thick sugar glaze it penetrates your olfactory bulb.

The bottle is strongly reminiscent of D&G's "K", but the fragrance can't win even the comparison to "K" for itself (only in durability it pulls away). On balance, certainly not a repulsive or per se bad fragrance, but for me he jumps then but too much in the triangle between sports locker room, candy department and a testosterone sweat-soaked f*ckboy sweatpants.
Would he cost a third of its price he would certainly be an interesting gift for pubescents, but in this price league gibts unfortunately the knockout in the first round.
4.5

Gold
Preliminary exercises for a new podcast
"Dennis, what is a scandal for you?"
"Ask me something... yesterday I read that Coke Zero is not healthy... artificial sweetener can damage the liver and pancreas... but well, 'nen real scandal... that goes differently."
"Mia-Chanty, what do you think?"
"Sea rescue."
"Nah, don't get political now! We want to do a podcast about a new perfume, guys. You want to put Jeremy to shame!"
"Power! Sex! Yeah! I wanna tongue-kiss a beautiful woman!"
"That's right, Dennis, that's what he would say."
"He'd say, 'Hey, guys, this stuff smells incredible... it's such a... wow... panty-dropper.
I'm smelling candy, I'm smelling sugar, I'm smelling tonka bean... oh yeah.... you know I look better in my videos after having had sex... but... well... yeah... this one... get it, guys, get it. Seduction in a bottle."
Whew.
" What about gender stereotypes, anyway? "
"Mia, what do you think?"
"Well, doesn't it perfectly dissolve the very stereotypes we decry? The scent is sweet, it deliberately defies categorization.... - could that be the scandal?"
"Maybe in the advertising industry, directing its message at people who haven't taken a seminar in gender theory and still feel hip in 2021 wearing an ultra-sweet fragrance as a man.... so 1991... if you ask me...".
"Hasn't the Gaultier been banging out fragrances like this a lot?"
"Yes, he has. He also put 'n man in a full bathtub of roses and created a fragrance to go with it that referenced Baudelaire and even dared to make a pun...".
"Dennis, since when do you know something like that? You didn't get that from Jeremy...".
"Nah, I picked that up from some Intis in a chat on Parfumo somewhere."
"Quentin Biesch stands for super-modern fragrances. He himself is not even 40 and is considered the prodigy of the industry. He's just done a good job on the brief... a penetrating fragrance that ties in with familiar, which partly picks up the ingredients of the eponymous Gaultier - women's fragrance and which becomes slightly spicy in the base...".
"Does anyone smell ambroxan?"
"Yes, icke... but very subtly."
"You know about that, Dennis."
"Yes, two years internship in Holzminden..."
"Who would you recommend Scandal to?"
"To everyone who likes a sweet, caramel almond simpley scent that gets a little spicier in the base. To everyone who isn't too embarrassed by the bottle...."
"Yes, it looks mega-prollig."
"Mia, now that's not politically correct....".
"I think that thing is creepy."
"And the boy with it? In the commercial?"
"It's just the target audience. Definitely better looking than Jeremy, though...".
And on that, now a triple "Power, yeah! Sugar, yeah! I wanna have...?"
Yeah, what is it?
A pacifier.

KuraiKurai 9 months ago
Tonka-ambrox mix with a wee bit of aromatics/spice. Good performance. I guess it works well for the young clubbers, not for me
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 9 months ago
4.5
well... sweet caramel with hints of coconut and fruity something. Feminine, childish and synthetic like a fancy sunscreen
BertolucciKBertolucciK 10 months ago
256 take on the bubblegummy type in the last 3 years. It's a less sweet version of Stronger With You. Sweet, with some freshness. Useless.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 10 months ago
The opening is a bit unique. Sweet (but not caramel), fresh, aromatic, a bit bubblegumy too. It dries down very similar to Le Beau.
DPArtistDPArtist 11 months ago
1st thoughts: Very nice though familiar (safe?) smelling, possibly a combo of Le Male le Parfum, Le Beau & other tonka type modern scents.

by Christoph69
by Christoph69
by Nw1990
by Nw1990
by QRZ91
by QRZ91

Popular by Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² (2005) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Pin-Up by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier