Cobra by Jeanne Arthes

Cobra is a perfume by Jeanne Arthes for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is oriental-floral. The production was apparently discontinued.

Mandarin, Blossoms, Orange blossom, Ylang-ylang

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 11.07.2020.

Germanblonde
So sweet it's almost sticky
At least I was not out of a lot of money with this. I find it merely so so at best. The initial spray is awful, it smell like super sweet rotten fruit on me. It is almost a gloomy sweetness, nothing comes through that could pick it up into lighter and happier spheres. It comes around pleasantly enough after the first 15 minutes, but the syrupy sweetness stays. I associate fragrances very much with moods, and this is just not a good mood potion for me. It smells too mature, and that coming from a 52 year old woman means a lot. I gave it to a colleague of mine who absolutely loved it. Good that we all have different tastes and likes.

Poisonous
When did I get hold of "Cobra"? I think it was in 1993. Dior launched "Poison" in 1985 and "Cobra" is a copy of it. There is a touch of orris root to lessen the tuberose impact in "Cobra", which I can't detect in "Poison", but the differences are marginal. The "cobra" itself can be removed and worn as a bracelet, but I've never done that, because I wanted to keep the vessel intact. "Poison" doesn't smell as "radical" in 2014 as it smelled back in the 1980's, and it has undergone reformulation. So my old bottle of "Cobra" brings back loads of memories, because the juice contained is much closer to the original 80's "Poison" than the version sold by Dior today.

AnessaAnessa 3 years ago
On me,no sweetness but w/ hefty dose of tuberose and spices.Thickness of simmered autumnal concoction.Toned down but quite close to Poison.

COBRA by Jeanne Arthes with the wearable iconic cobra bracelet.
by Jasmine87
by JPhx
by JPhx

Popular Jeanne Arthes

Sultane Noir Velours by Jeanne Arthes Guipure & Silk by Jeanne Arthes Sultane L'eau Fatale by Jeanne Arthes Guipure & Silk Ylang Vanille by Jeanne Arthes La Voile Rouge by Jeanne Arthes Perpetual Pearl (2013) by Jeanne Arthes Private Room by Jeanne Arthes La Ronde des Fleurs - Vanille Tropicale by Jeanne Arthes Arôme by Arthes by Jeanne Arthes Boum - Vanille & Sa Pomme d'Amour by Jeanne Arthes Arthes Essential - Patchouli Sumatra by Jeanne Arthes Love Generation Rock by Jeanne Arthes Jeanne by Jeanne Arthes Love Never Dies - Black Jewel by Jeanne Arthes Les Lions d'Arthes by Jeanne Arthes La Ronde des Fleurs - Musc Ambré by Jeanne Arthes Amore Mio (2010) (Eau de Parfum) by Jeanne Arthes Sultane Parfum Fatal by Jeanne Arthes Sultane 1001 Nights by Jeanne Arthes L'Eau de Rose by Jeanne Arthes