Cobra by Jeanne Arthes
Cobra is a perfume by Jeanne Arthes for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-oriental. The production was apparently discontinued.

Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
BlossomsBlossoms
Orange blossomOrange blossom
Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 25.12.2021.

Serpent Summoning
The dark brown, round bottle of Cobra, with the draped snake, is so terribly kitschy that it is already beautiful again. Original is the bottle from the house of Arthes in any case and the recognition value is enormous.

At N. where I ordered the perfume, for little money by the way, is given a different scent pyramid than here on Parfumo. The reads there as follows:

Head: aldehydes, orange, velvet, tangerine
Heart: jasmine, orris root, tuberose, ylang-ylang, spices, orange blossom, peach, red berries
Base: sandalwood, vanilla, musk, cedar

Which ingredients actually ended up in the flacon, but only the perfumer knows alone and I simply give what I can so recognize.

When spraying I perceive as first fine pearly, gentle aldehydes, which are underpinned with a delicate orange aroma. For me, no tangerine is recognizable, because I had to immediately think of a plump, juicy orange, even if this was used only sparingly.

After that, Cobra becomes floral, powdery, soft, warm, spicy, but remains rather quiet. It's definitely not a whopper and I can't smell out individual florals at first, not even my much-loved tuberose. The aldehydes are present throughout the fragrance, but stay in the background and make the fragrance somehow special.

As the fragrance progresses, a beautiful vanilla with subtle sweetness comes through to me, which is accompanied by a radiant orange blossom, which I like insanely.

To me, Cobra seems a little "fallen out of time", which is probably due to a certain extent to the aldehydes. Whether you want to associate this with vintage, nostalgia, oldschool or granny, is up to each.

The durability is enormous, because I am accompanied by Cobra more than 12 hours, but only body close, because my skin reflects fragrances very poorly.

Similarities to Poison or Tendre Poison, which are called fragrance twins, I could not find.

Germanblonde
So sweet it's almost sticky
At least I was not out of a lot of money with this. I find it merely so so at best. The initial spray is awful, it smell like super sweet rotten fruit on me. It is almost a gloomy sweetness, nothing comes through that could pick it up into lighter and happier spheres. It comes around pleasantly enough after the first 15 minutes, but the syrupy sweetness stays. I associate fragrances very much with moods, and this is just not a good mood potion for me. It smells too mature, and that coming from a 52 year old woman means a lot. I gave it to a colleague of mine who absolutely loved it. Good that we all have different tastes and likes.

Poisonous
When did I get hold of "Cobra"? I think it was in 1993. Dior launched "Poison" in 1985 and "Cobra" is a copy of it. There is a touch of orris root to lessen the tuberose impact in "Cobra", which I can't detect in "Poison", but the differences are marginal. The "cobra" itself can be removed and worn as a bracelet, but I've never done that, because I wanted to keep the vessel intact. "Poison" doesn't smell as "radical" in 2014 as it smelled back in the 1980's, and it has undergone reformulation. So my old bottle of "Cobra" brings back loads of memories, because the juice contained is much closer to the original 80's "Poison" than the version sold by Dior today.

COBRA by Jeanne Arthes with the wearable iconic cobra bracelet.
by Jasmine87
by JPhx
by JPhx

Popular Jeanne Arthes

Sultane L'eau Fatale by Jeanne Arthes Sultane Noir Velours by Jeanne Arthes Guipure & Silk Ylang Vanille by Jeanne Arthes Guipure & Silk by Jeanne Arthes La Voile Rouge by Jeanne Arthes Boum - Vanille & Sa Pomme d'Amour by Jeanne Arthes La Ronde des Fleurs - Vanille Tropicale by Jeanne Arthes Love Generation Rock by Jeanne Arthes Sultane Parfum Fatal by Jeanne Arthes Private Room by Jeanne Arthes Arôme by Arthes by Jeanne Arthes La Ronde des Fleurs - Musc Ambré by Jeanne Arthes Arthes Essential - Patchouli Sumatra by Jeanne Arthes Boum - Sweet Lollipop by Jeanne Arthes Perpetual Pearl (2013) by Jeanne Arthes Jeanne by Jeanne Arthes Love Never Dies - Black Jewel by Jeanne Arthes Colonial Club Legend by Jeanne Arthes La Ronde des Fleurs - Fleur de Tiaré by Jeanne Arthes Les Lions d'Arthes by Jeanne Arthes