Guipure & Silk Ylang Vanille 2014

Guipure & Silk Ylang Vanille by Jeanne Arthes
Guipure & Silk Ylang Vanille is a popular perfume by Jeanne Arthes for women and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Groupe Arthes.

Top Notes Top NotesCoconutCoconut PlumPlum
Heart Notes Heart NotesYlang-ylangYlang-ylang CedarCedar
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla MuskMusk

Submitted by Madkat, last update on 22.09.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description
Unfortunately very much coconut
Unfortunately, I do not smell the plum out, only coconut and vanilla. It's not a bad fragrance, do not misunderstand - it also becomes creamy pleasant, but for me the coconut is unfortunately too present.
A golden sea...
of warm, soft silk over my body...
This is Guipure & Silk Ylang Vanilla in this weather for me ❤

Short and crisp:

Guipure & Silk Ylang Vanilla smells beautifully of sweet vanilla with a hint of coconut. Golden, warm and soft. The musk makes it a little deeper towards the end too. Very sweet, but still not cheap! Even if the price suggests it.

In the dosage should not be exaggerated, because the can what. Two sprays behind the ears and one blows for hours a vanilla dream in the nose. I got him for Christmas and he honestly worn only three times, but for the you just have to be in the mood and that was me in this sourpuss weather today :)

Even if the bottle is already a Brummer, I still find him very beautiful.
Yes he is with all the gold Drumherum something kitschy, but 1. I love everything that is gold and 2. we do not like girls now and then also have something kitschy? ;)
Cozy Vanilla
Frankly, I was skeptical when I ordered the scent. However, I am quite special when it comes to vanilla - especially with my winter/autumn scents. I like vanilla scents that are unique and not annoying. I'm also a pretty difficult candidate for fruit in the top note. On the other hand, I was hooked on a video of Eau d'Ani mega. So I ordered the scent.

While unpacking I was already a bit shocked by the glöööcklerresken flacon and thought what the man would say when we (once again) have a new toilet perfume. So I sprayed rather timidly.
The first spray was pleasantly soft and only slightly sweet and fruity. Then came the ylang-ylang and the woodiness of the cedar, which softened the scent a bit already in dry down until the really beautiful vanilla came out. Not a sweet, obtrusive one, but rather the kind of vanilla that envelops you. Soft and warm, but also with a lot of understatement, it envelops you without applying.

I think it is great when you need a fragrance that envelops you and gives you warmth. It's definitely - in terms of value for money very great, it's comfortable to wear and for the quite reasonable price it's a great bargain - even if I find the flacon a bit too flashy
A warm blanket...
The fragrance starts strongly with ylang, which I always find a bit difficult. Pure it is too pungent for me, but in combination with vanilla it is a wonderfully harmonious blend.
The ylang retreats quickly after a few minutes and the vanilla emerges strongly, while coconut holds back and only becomes more clearly perceptible in the drydown at the very end.
I can only guess at cedar and plum at best.
The fragrance develops wonderfully warm and reminds me of a soft cuddly blanket, which you put on your couch in the evening after a long and tiring day.
It was a blind buy and I haven't regretted it for a second If you like soft and cosy cuddly scents, this is the right place for you!

Yummy
This perfume is just lovely. It smells like a dessert. The main notes I detect are vanilla and chocolate (I know it's not listed here as a note, but I swear I saw it on the back of the box, though I binned it). I also smell the coconut and plum. The other notes don't play strongly in the fragrance. This is a new favourite. I get loads of comments. The sillage is above average, and the longevity is wonderful.

2 short views on the fragrance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 14 days ago
A concentrated syrup of vanilla and coconut. Actually, not bad if you are in the mood for a way less expensive "Un Bois Vanille".
AnessaAnessa 5 years ago
Concentrated like vanilla incense. For die-hard vanilla fans only, but not edible because of strong flowerly accent. Not for sensitive noses

Images

11 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Jeanne Arthes

Sultane Noir Velours by Jeanne Arthes Guipure & Silk by Jeanne Arthes Sultane L'eau Fatale by Jeanne Arthes La Voile Rouge by Jeanne Arthes Boum - Vanille & Sa Pomme d'Amour by Jeanne Arthes Tea Time à Paris - Macaron Amande by Jeanne Arthes Love Generation Rock by Jeanne Arthes La Ronde des Fleurs - Vanille Tropicale by Jeanne Arthes La Ronde des Fleurs - Fleur de Tiaré by Jeanne Arthes Sultane Parfum Fatal by Jeanne Arthes Romantic Blossom by Jeanne Arthes Private Room by Jeanne Arthes Arôme by Arthes by Jeanne Arthes Perpetual Pearl (2013) by Jeanne Arthes Colonial Club Legend by Jeanne Arthes Boum - Sweet Lollipop by Jeanne Arthes Arthes Essential - Patchouli Sumatra by Jeanne Arthes La Ronde des Fleurs - Musc Ambré by Jeanne Arthes Cobra by Jeanne Arthes Jeanne by Jeanne Arthes