J.S Magnetic Power Navy Blue (2015)

J.S Magnetic Power Navy Blue by Jeanne Arthes

J.S Magnetic Power Navy Blue is a perfume by Jeanne Arthes for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Groupe Arthes.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Water mint
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Rosemary, Provençal lavender, Cypress, Nutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Sandalwood, White musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 05.01.2019

9.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

DPArtist
Refreshing & cheap summer/sporty fragrance in an excellent bottle!
I ordered this after having tested the black & red JS Magnetic Power in a store and liking the bottle. Looking online I preferred the sound of the notes in this one as I wanted a cheap summer/sports scent. For under 8 euros what I got was the same excellent bottle design as found with the other 100ml fragrance, it feels expensive, nice to hold, great sprayer and top notch magnetic cap. So far so good.

On initial spray I was instantly reminded of Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren, at least I think so (!) as it's been so long since I smelled that one (it was my first ever 'serious' EDT in the 90s!). However I would say that JS Magnetic Power Navy Blue is a lot more simplified in comparison. After the initial (super-refreshing!) Lemon-mint opening blast dies down (about 30mins) I was left with a more musky scent, with the lemon-mint combo still present but bidding a hasty retreat. The other notes make only slight appearances if at all .

I remember Polo sport being pretty powerful compared to this and with a more interesting and spicy nature to it too. I think this could be unisex due to the softer and less masculine dry down. For my money though I would say this isn't too bad at all. As for longevity, this stuff has been on my arms for about 4.5 hours and I can still just make out a faint reminder if I put my nose to it. So it's far from beast mode. Perhaps a bit of a shame considering the excellent bottle/packaging but it's still decent value for money and for me a good, light and inoffensive sport/gym scent, so as not to waste my more expensive fragrances.

Update 21/06/2018 ; I've worn this a few more times in warm weather and for physio/fitness training and it actually lasts longer than I previously noted, I got 6+ hours so I'm really pleased with this. The sprayer is good but gives small soft bursts so I go with a couple more. The scent isn't an absolute favourite but it's pleasant enough in a sporty way without being too sharp or too sweet, good clean smelling stuff.
9.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

Brightstar
Nice to See and Nice to Hold Bottle Design (7.25/10)
The scent is a bit smokey on the top notes. After 10 minutes, the scent is quite strong musky.

The hold of the scent is on par.
For non 4-seasons countries, it can be use for daily use. However, need to spray the scent again after 3-4 hours.
For the 4-seasons countries, the longevity is around 3-4 hours.

Performance
The performance is smokey notes on top notes. After 10 minutes, the scent change to strong musky which is less nice from the opening scent. On the middle notes and base notes, its getting okay and ordinary.

The sillage is only in the small indoor-hall.

Uniqueness
The uniqueness of this fragrance is towards the bottle. The bottle is quite similar to 212 Carolina Herrera fragrance's bottle, and the price is very affordable.

Bottle Design
The bottle design of this fragrance is similar to 212 Carolina Herrera. Magnetic cap. Its nice to see and nice to hold the bottle of J.S Magnetic Power Navy Blue.

DPArtist 18 months ago
First impressions; A fresh lemon-mint opening blast, then becomes more musky. Similar ballpark to RL Polo sport, I like it. Great bottle!+3
9.0
Brightstar 21 months ago
The price is very worthy. The scent is okay. The bottle is quite similar to 212 Sexy for Men by Carolina Herrera, magnetic cap, wow.+1
9.0
6.0

Popular Jeanne Arthes

Arôme by Arthes by Jeanne Arthes La Ronde des Fleurs - Vanille Tropicale by Jeanne Arthes Love Never Dies - Black Jewel by Jeanne Arthes Cobra by Jeanne Arthes Love Never Dies Gold by Jeanne Arthes Love Generation Rock by Jeanne Arthes Amore Mio (2010) (Eau de Parfum) by Jeanne Arthes Arthes Essential - Patchouli Sumatra by Jeanne Arthes Sultane Noir Velours by Jeanne Arthes Guipure & Silk by Jeanne Arthes La Ronde des Fleurs - Musc Ambré by Jeanne Arthes Love Generation Pink by Jeanne Arthes Boum - Vanille & Sa Pomme d'Amour by Jeanne Arthes Sultane by Jeanne Arthes Love Never Dies by Jeanne Arthes La Voile Rouge by Jeanne Arthes Sultane 1001 Nights by Jeanne Arthes Amore Mio Forever (Eau de Parfum) by Jeanne Arthes Lover by Jeanne Arthes Sultane L'eau Fatale by Jeanne Arthes