Acqua by Jeanne en Provence
Acqua is a popular perfume by Jeanne en Provence for men and was released in 2015. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by Groupe Arthes. Pronunciation

Remi Barbier

NutmegNutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesMossMoss
SandalwoodSandalwood
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 26.10.2021.

Magic Acqua
This was undoubtedly one of the best purchases of perfume, at a low price, which, thanks to the Parfumo community, led me to discover 2 true treasures of Jeanne en Provence.

It definitely reminds me "Kenzo pour Homme", which is one of my favorite perfumes.
However, this Acqua, which lives up to its name, is a perfume with its own personality that, over time, undergoes evolution on the skin and becomes a very pleasant, balanced and long-lasting presence throughout the day.

It is used by me very often and it becomes a perfume of choice, as its price is also a real gem (like the other perfumes of this brand).

In the same way that Néroli Intense is a gem, equated by many to Tom Ford Neroli, this Acqua is really an excellent offer for those looking for the true essence (unfortunately lost) of the Kenzo house.

Buy it right, safe and with quality.

This(these) is(are) a good example that it is not necessary to spend a lot of money, to have a quality perfume.

I use this perfume in different situations, but I prefer to use it at night or in the late afternoon, especially in summer.
Good feelings exhaled on hot nights!
He lectured me!
I would never have thought that I write my first comment on a fragrance for under 15, -
At that time I did not think much of "Cheapies", however, this fragrance showed me that even the cheap fragrances have their raison d'être and in the meantime I am completely unprejudiced against these fragrances and also own some of them :D
Jeanne en Provence Aqua came as a sample with an order and I knew until then nothing of this brand.
I sprayed it on my wrist and "BAM".... It was love at first smell!
This aquatic lightness in combination with this wonderful rose which nevertheless appears masculine, enchanted me *_*
I had to smell it again and again and the more I smelled it, the more the scent had me!
I love aquatic scents that make you feel fresh and light and this one does that!
Towards later - after about 6(!) hours - something creamy joins in, which gives a certain, fresh "sunscreen touch", but still remains aquatic-rosy.
So the fragrance remains another 2 hours about on my skin, before it evaporates.
The durability is really good with me and moves between 6-9 hours with a striking, but always stylish sillage.
The scent progression here is not huge like some other fragrances and I don't think it needs to be.
What "Aqua" should do and convey, he does, namely aquatic-rosy and yet masculine freshness!
Jeanne en Provence Aqua has taught me!

Stormy evening
This is a recent discovery of mine and it was a really good surprise. VERY low price for the quality you get.
It starts off fresh, a bit creamy, salty and a bit minty. Also, a slight woody accord is present in the background. Same vibes are maintained for the duration of the fragrance. Great balance and pleasant kind of smell for spring & summer with high versatility for days & nights.
A bit softer variation of the legend Kenzo.
Performance is pushing for 7 hours and maybe even more with decent & noticeable projection (1.5-2 hours) and it continues to give you the same salty and fresh vibe for additional few hours. I got compliments and positive attention in the first wear, which is not a usual thing for me so I'll use it more often from now. For the price, I can say that it's a safe blind buy but if you have the chance to test it, do that first.

Overall : 7/10

Beautiful Euclase
Perfume with a lot of quality! After using this, I can say that this is a real gem, wrapped in a perfect blue bottle. Both the perfume and the performance are far beyond my expectations due to the low price I paid (9 €).

I already smelled Kenzo, and the resemblance is big, but I think that even favors you! Aquatic, aromatic and floral - a very modern smell for my nose. This will be one of my exclusive fragrances this summer!

It is a perfect option if you are tired of all the usual citrus/green fragrances or simply don't want to spend on a more expensive designer/niche fragrance. Acqua has depth that reflects the beautiful blue of the incredibly elegant yet simple octagonal bottle.

It becomes very easy to recommend this gem to you!

In The Middle Of The Åland Islands
Jeanne en Provence Acqua is a tribute to the calm and rough Mediterranean sea swept by the mistral, a Provençal wind. It's so wildly different that I love it, though. It is distant, abstract, sometimes desolate. It alternates between a precise representation of the sea, sand, algae, seawater, and everything in between and the curve towards the abstract wilderness. Just close your eyes and imagine a pine forest by the sea. Acqua captures the ocean in all its dark saline glory, a bit like a stormy night on the beach, the smell of damp resin.

If you like the marine accord, you will feel comfortable here. The openness is deeply unsettling and androgynous. This has nothing to do with Bvlgari Aqva, a pure ocean with amber algae, nor with CH Chic, an aquatic melon made from calone. Don't think of a tropical beach in the Maldives with exotic mango, papaya, coconut, and guava fruits, but one on the cold Baltic Sea, think about Åland Islands. Acqua is not a smell of salty seaweed and fish, sometimes moldy, but a rosy, salty, marine odor similar to human skin heated by the sun and covered in salty ocean water. Acqua contains the maritime and aromatic scents that are breathed near the banks. Smell the breeze that blows through the foam and brings with it the aquatic notes and essence of rose. If you are familiar with the Mauboussin brand and have ever smelled the limited edition of Pour Lui Time Out, there you have it, the same atmosphere with the ocean smell.

Then let these waves of Provençal aromatic plants overwhelm yourself and breathe in these resins which destroys the stereotypes of the scent nicely. Opulent notes of pine support the balmy nature of the cypress. There is a very soft rose still lingering in the background, and clary sage leaves that blend with the odor of iodine, slightly earthy, and rubber sneak in the background along with a certain salty tinge, allegedly the ozone accord. I feel a lot of the soothing lavender that has a peculiar dark green, herbaceous, metallic aroma, on a par with Caron's Pour Un Homme.

As the drying progresses, a solid foundation enters the fray. There is a hint of the sensual harmonies of spiced oak moss leading the charge. The dark ocean notes are still present, along with the flowers, and now it has a musky power that dries. It's deep, it's rich, it's earthy. There are woody notes but very soft, the sandalwood is creamy and delicate. Floral notes never go away. Not even the note of iodized, phenolic, and salty air.

A very delicate version of a perfume for the warmer seasons, not sweet and not citrusy. Performance is average, perhaps too much for the office, as the sillage and projection are impressive. It suited best on casual, carefree days. It's great, and even when it's raining outside as the humidity intensifies the scent even more. Damn, I was almost forgetting to mention that Acqua represents the rebirth of Kenzo Pour Homme; when I tested it, I got a pleasant fragrant flashback. It gave me the same friendly vibes. Indeed this gets floral with an exquisite rose which makes it playful and less stiff than Kenzo. If you like me loved the classic Kenzo Pour Homme in the 90s, this is a perfect imitation. It won't disappoint you.

This review is based on a 100ml bottle I own since January 2021.

-Elysium
The rosy aquat
If you look at the top notes, you would not guess that Jeanne en Provence Acqua is mainly a rose scent - Aquat. Only in the drydown can you easily guess a woody note, no pine or cypress as you find it in the heart note, but creamy sandalwood, which I still find brilliant. I like to wear it, especially in summer, the rose - chlorine - aquatic mixture is almost as refreshing as cold water. But you have to be into rose, it also looks a little bit feminine to me.
On a rainy day I also treated myself to Jeanne en Provence Acqua and here I had the impression that the scent combined wonderfully with the humidity. Not at all a fragrance only for the summer.
Ajlen
I'm afraid not. I'm afraid not.
Sorry, guys, if I have to blow up this party. I am only very reluctantly the Spieverderber, but this smell does not go for me at all.

Fished by the good ratings, I simply ordered this blindly. I don't eat much. Does that smell like Kenzo pour Homme? Maybe, honestly, I'm not in the nose anymore. In fact, it seems very familiar - so the comparison may be justified. Anyway, it smells a lot like the '90s. Flashbacks and snap breathing included. And it's me, who likes to mourn his old sweetheart, who can't cope with this retro bomb? That's the way it really is.

The main reason for this is probably that the actual main reason for the purchase is not fulfilled in my eyes. I often read "fresh" in the other statements and comments. Oh, dear. There's nothing fresh here for my nose. Lead-heavy, this scent is on my skin instead. Admittedly, this helps immensely in terms of durability and sillage, but I really miss every form of freshness and lightness. With regard to the summer, the most likely associations come up to the last so unbearably hot days, on which the air quasi stands and every movement hurts too much. I find the fragrance impression warm and stuffy. Even the cypress, which actually guarantees a cooling effect, cannot counteract the masses of shallow aquatics and lavender. In short for me this is simply unpleasant, almost unbearable.

If you liked him, you'd have a lot of it. Because at least with me it holds itself as stubbornly as a professional component adhesive. At the price called, that's remarkable. If you like retro Kenzo, it might be worth a try. But otherwise? Neither fresh nor contemporary. I'm afraid not. I'm afraid not.
The Mistral sweeps over Haute-Provence
There are fragrances that you do not consciously search for, but rather find them by chance. Sometimes you can find little treasures, which unfortunately receive far too little attention. Acqua by Jeanne en Provence is such a little treasure, which up to now was completely under my personal fragrance radar. I only discovered Acqua through the mundane purchase of liquid soap at TK Maxx, and this only because my eye saw a large "rummage table" with half price perfumes and the greed (one is not completely free of it) to be able to make a "bargain" spread. So it was time to rummage through the mountain of shrink-wrapped packages, of fragrances that had long since landed in the cemetery of the perfumery. I am always quite careful when scents are explicitly described or titled "aquatic". The association of unrestrained chemistry quickly gets into my nose and the imaginary "eau de locker room" in the form of pathogenic miasmas is within reach. So I got hold of the rather beautiful packaging of Acqua of the brand Jeanne en Provence and the extremely low price, far below ten euros, made me take it with me. If necessary, it could have been used as a room fragrance in the guest bathroom. Here and now I am happy to have discovered this treasure. Because my worst fears about "aquatic" fragrances have completely disappeared, I am rather convinced of the naturalness and quality of the fragrance. So it seems there are great offers even far away from niche and designer fragrances, which do not have to hide behind well-known brands.

Acqua opens rather fresh and the impression of whipping sea spray, created by the "aquatic notes" is immediately present. To be fair, this impression can only be created by a part of chemistry, but this is done very homeopathically here. Also missing here, laudably enough, is the addition of "leg notes" to the aquatic prelude. Instead of a "brackish water" we have here the very natural impression of whipping water, breaking waves and the typical "coastal smell". I can't understand why the rose is listed here as the fragrance, because shortly after the prelude, clearly woody notes are already spreading, especially the cypresses are making them to the beat. At first the impression of a too strikingly masculine scent may arise here, which is also due to the clary sage, but the lavender can "smooth" this out and thus trace the typical "Provençal" flair. Here it is necessary to point out the really impressive natural quality of the scents. Especially the lavender looks very natural, which you cannot expect in this price range, no comparison to chemical fabric softener lavender á la Lenor and comrades. Essentially, at this point of the fragrance development we have a mixture of cypress and lavender, which is carried by the aquatic notes. This is very simple but extremely well done. Later, after about three hours, you notice how the fragrance becomes more "mossy" and I would like to think that the fragrance becomes a bit cooler and fresh and soapy and stays so until it disappears after about seven hours. I don't feel the warmth of sandalwood at all, but rather a "creamy" clean-fresh musk with a minimal light borrowing of citrus fruits.

So we do not have an elaborately staged scent course, but also no linear summer Cologne Italian type. In comparison, Acqua by Jeanne en Provence is much rougher, rougher and wilder. If you want to give the impression of Provence here, it should be noted that it does not reflect the "mundane" and midsummer Provence of the celebrities, but rather the rural hinterland when the mistral plays its game. Thus, Acqua does not so much reflect the glamorous Nice but rather the area around the Mont Ventoux. Less the delicately perfumed Beau walking along the beach promenade than the freshly washed with lavender soap farmers of the hinterland. Acqua is almost too full-bodied for a classic summer scent, but I recommend to test the fragrance without reservation. Price and performance speak for themselves and offer a wonderful natural scent for little money, but I see it as more of a male scent.

PedroCabralPedroCabral 3 months ago
It opens with a fresh aquatic scent that quickly turns to a light-fresh floral (similar to Kenzo Pour Homme). The bottle is beautiful.
ElysiumElysium 9 months ago
Acqua grabs the ocean in all its dark saline glory, like a stormy night on the beach, the smell of damp resin. Kenzo Pour Homme's rebirth.
StolzmanStolzman 1 year ago
Great fragrance for less than 10eur. Great natural smelling Kenzo clone. Great sillage. Got me some compliments!
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
A lovely non-citrus summer scent that will surely never age just like the beautiful Mediterranean setting of which Acqua is a reflection.
WiseOwlWiseOwl 4 years ago
A fresher, budget version of Kenzo pour Homme. If you're a fan of the Kenzo or like marine aquatics in general then this is recommended.

by Timmama
by Martin660
by NasiGoreng
by NasiGoreng

Popular Jeanne en Provence

Néroli Intense by Jeanne en Provence Verveine Cédrat by Jeanne en Provence Iris & Néroli by Jeanne en Provence Bois d'Olivier & Cade by Jeanne en Provence Tubéreuse & Néroli by Jeanne en Provence Lavande & Vétiver by Jeanne en Provence Le Temps des Secrets - Amande & Fleur de Murier by Jeanne en Provence Un Matin dans la Roseraie - Rose & Angélique by Jeanne en Provence Bouquet d'Agrumes - Fleur de Mandarine & Cédrat by Jeanne en Provence Flânerie dans le Verger - Pomme & Poire by Jeanne en Provence Jasmin Secret by Jeanne en Provence Pivoine Féérie by Jeanne en Provence