Acqua by Jeanne en Provence
Acqua is a popular perfume by Jeanne en Provence for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by Groupe Arthes. Pronunciation

Remi Barbier

Top Notes Top NotesRose, Aquatic notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesPine, Cypress, Clary sage, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesMoss, Sandalwood, White musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 26.11.2020.

The rosy aquat
If you look at the top notes, you would not guess that Jeanne en Provence Acqua is mainly a rose scent - Aquat. Only in the drydown can you easily guess a woody note, no pine or cypress as you find it in the heart note, but creamy sandalwood, which I still find brilliant. I like to wear it, especially in summer, the rose - chlorine - aquatic mixture is almost as refreshing as cold water. But you have to be into rose, it also looks a little bit feminine to me.
On a rainy day I also treated myself to Jeanne en Provence Acqua and here I had the impression that the scent combined wonderfully with the humidity. Not at all a fragrance only for the summer.

Kenzo Homme's child
YES. Very close to my beloved Kenzo Pour Homme vintage, discontinued long time ago. Even very close, it is missing the mahon wood and carnation, also the metallic beautiful note from the original Kenzo. But I love it. Cheap, yet quality, with decent projection and average longevity. The Kenzo vibe appears after middle notes are blooming. You have to put it again on your skin after 2 hours. The bottle is pretty, the box exquisite. A little gem for less than 8 euro for 100 ml.
Ajlen
I'm afraid not. I'm afraid not.
Sorry, guys, if I have to blow up this party. I am only very reluctantly the Spieverderber, but this smell does not go for me at all.

Fished by the good ratings, I simply ordered this blindly. I don't eat much. Does that smell like Kenzo pour Homme? Maybe, honestly, I'm not in the nose anymore. In fact, it seems very familiar - so the comparison may be justified. Anyway, it smells a lot like the '90s. Flashbacks and snap breathing included. And it's me, who likes to mourn his old sweetheart, who can't cope with this retro bomb? That's the way it really is.

The main reason for this is probably that the actual main reason for the purchase is not fulfilled in my eyes. I often read "fresh" in the other statements and comments. Oh, dear. There's nothing fresh here for my nose. Lead-heavy, this scent is on my skin instead. Admittedly, this helps immensely in terms of durability and sillage, but I really miss every form of freshness and lightness. With regard to the summer, the most likely associations come up to the last so unbearably hot days, on which the air quasi stands and every movement hurts too much. I find the fragrance impression warm and stuffy. Even the cypress, which actually guarantees a cooling effect, cannot counteract the masses of shallow aquatics and lavender. In short for me this is simply unpleasant, almost unbearable.

If you liked him, you'd have a lot of it. Because at least with me it holds itself as stubbornly as a professional component adhesive. At the price called, that's remarkable. If you like retro Kenzo, it might be worth a try. But otherwise? Neither fresh nor contemporary. I'm afraid not. I'm afraid not.
The Mistral sweeps over Haute-Provence
There are fragrances that you do not consciously search for, but rather find them by chance. Sometimes you can find little treasures, which unfortunately receive far too little attention. Acqua by Jeanne en Provence is such a little treasure, which up to now was completely under my personal fragrance radar. I only discovered Acqua through the mundane purchase of liquid soap at TK Maxx, and this only because my eye saw a large "rummage table" with half price perfumes and the greed (one is not completely free of it) to be able to make a "bargain" spread. So it was time to rummage through the mountain of shrink-wrapped packages, of fragrances that had long since landed in the cemetery of the perfumery. I am always quite careful when scents are explicitly described or titled "aquatic". The association of unrestrained chemistry quickly gets into my nose and the imaginary "eau de locker room" in the form of pathogenic miasmas is within reach. So I got hold of the rather beautiful packaging of Acqua of the brand Jeanne en Provence and the extremely low price, far below ten euros, made me take it with me. If necessary, it could have been used as a room fragrance in the guest bathroom. Here and now I am happy to have discovered this treasure. Because my worst fears about "aquatic" fragrances have completely disappeared, I am rather convinced of the naturalness and quality of the fragrance. So it seems there are great offers even far away from niche and designer fragrances, which do not have to hide behind well-known brands.

Acqua opens rather fresh and the impression of whipping sea spray, created by the "aquatic notes" is immediately present. To be fair, this impression can only be created by a part of chemistry, but this is done very homeopathically here. Also missing here, laudably enough, is the addition of "leg notes" to the aquatic prelude. Instead of a "brackish water" we have here the very natural impression of whipping water, breaking waves and the typical "coastal smell". I can't understand why the rose is listed here as the fragrance, because shortly after the prelude, clearly woody notes are already spreading, especially the cypresses are making them to the beat. At first the impression of a too strikingly masculine scent may arise here, which is also due to the clary sage, but the lavender can "smooth" this out and thus trace the typical "Provençal" flair. Here it is necessary to point out the really impressive natural quality of the scents. Especially the lavender looks very natural, which you cannot expect in this price range, no comparison to chemical fabric softener lavender á la Lenor and comrades. Essentially, at this point of the fragrance development we have a mixture of cypress and lavender, which is carried by the aquatic notes. This is very simple but extremely well done. Later, after about three hours, you notice how the fragrance becomes more "mossy" and I would like to think that the fragrance becomes a bit cooler and fresh and soapy and stays so until it disappears after about seven hours. I don't feel the warmth of sandalwood at all, but rather a "creamy" clean-fresh musk with a minimal light borrowing of citrus fruits.

So we do not have an elaborately staged scent course, but also no linear summer Cologne Italian type. In comparison, Acqua by Jeanne en Provence is much rougher, rougher and wilder. If you want to give the impression of Provence here, it should be noted that it does not reflect the "mundane" and midsummer Provence of the celebrities, but rather the rural hinterland when the mistral plays its game. Thus, Acqua does not so much reflect the glamorous Nice but rather the area around the Mont Ventoux. Less the delicately perfumed Beau walking along the beach promenade than the freshly washed with lavender soap farmers of the hinterland. Acqua is almost too full-bodied for a classic summer scent, but I recommend to test the fragrance without reservation. Price and performance speak for themselves and offer a wonderful natural scent for little money, but I see it as more of a male scent.

StolzmanStolzman 6 months ago
Great fragrance for less than 10eur. Great natural smelling Kenzo clone. Great sillage. Got me some compliments!
DPArtistDPArtist 1 year ago
A lovely non-citrus summer scent that will surely never age just like the beautiful Mediterranean setting of which Acqua is a reflection.
WiseOwlWiseOwl 3 years ago
A fresher, budget version of Kenzo pour Homme. If you're a fan of the Kenzo or like marine aquatics in general then this is recommended.

by Gatsby
by Raulski
by NasiGoreng
by NasiGoreng

Popular Jeanne en Provence

Néroli Intense by Jeanne en Provence Verveine Cédrat by Jeanne en Provence Lavande & Vétiver by Jeanne en Provence Bouquet d'Agrumes - Fleur de Mandarine & Cédrat by Jeanne en Provence Le Temps des Secrets - Amande & Fleur de Murier by Jeanne en Provence Un Matin dans la Roseraie - Rose & Angélique by Jeanne en Provence Iris & Néroli by Jeanne en Provence Bois d'Olivier & Cade by Jeanne en Provence Flânerie dans le Verger - Pomme & Poire by Jeanne en Provence