Acqua by Jeanne en Provence

Acqua is a popular perfume by Jeanne en Provence for men and was released in 2015. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by Groupe Arthes.

Remi Barbier

Top Notes Top NotesRose, Aquatic notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesPine, Cypress, Clary sage, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesMoss, Sandalwood, White musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 08.10.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Kennse Kenzo?
Even though in the 90s I didn't have the passion for perfume as I currently have it, I still wore a lot of scents and if you like my signature scent was Kenzo pour Homme.
at that time
Of course, at that time I had fragrances that the masses carried, like Lagerfeld Classic, Joop Homme, Cool Water or Fahrenheit. Partly real Wummser on which one did not pay attention at that time as a youngster.

One day my best friend came to me and said Kennse Kenzo? I didn't know him and he had the scent just on it and I found it really good, so I got this then also. Different from him it was the case with me that I only wore Kenzo Pour Homme for a while and saw him over the 90s again and again. He used to leave, too. I didn't think about what was in it, how it smelled, but just enjoyed it.

I'd get it back sometime, that's my plan. Simply because of the remembrance of the time back then which is now a felt eternity ago. In numbers, that's about 25 years. That's really huge when I think about it.
Well meanwhile the actual Kenzo is reformulated and not the same anymore and I was somehow never willing to pay 30€+ for it, because other fragrances became more interesting, but I never lost sight of it.
At some point I came across this scent here and got curious. Should he really be so close to UrKenzo that I catapult myself back to the 90s? I could only find out by testing it and since I was just about to order a fragrance, I blindly packed it in, because it only costs 12 Euro! In words twelve! Well there is not much you can do wrong I thought to myself.

When the package arrived, I was of course very curious and unpacked it quickly. The bottle with 100ml is really as blue as in the photo above and lies well in the hand. The first spray went on my arm and yeswoll...it was my Kenzo pour Homme.
Directly diesel-engineered and the journey through time could begin. Aquatic fresh, light sweetness, some lavender and muscatel sage flew around my ears and without any noticeable fragrance, I only have the 90s in my head.
Before the grunge destroyed my beloved Hardrock, I see the posters of the Use your Illusion albums by Guns'n Roses on the advertising pillars, I stand on the lawn of the Bon Jovi concert in Cologne's Müngersdorfer Stadion and sit in the cinema and watch Terminator 2 I celebrate the weekend through, which was a piece of cake back then, but I'm still fit for work on Mondays tomorrow. I see myself at the meeting point of our clique at that time and private memories of many things I experienced shoot me through the head. People and friends I haven't seen for a long time come to mind and I wonder what they are doing right now. I see myself in the mirror, doing the hair, blow-drying and geling-in and believe me, that was a long time ago. This Acqua is so close to the Kenzo that it achieves exactly what I had in mind. Fragrances are memories and this is just my 90's.
I liked it because it didn't growl so much, because it wasn't worn by everyone and that's why you always smelled different. Because he was fresh and always left. Because he suited me well and he was never pushy. One smelled well-groomed and long lasting.
Regarding the durability of the Acqua it should be said that I went to the outdoor swimming pool on the day of wearing it and that it easily survived the first chlorine phase and only gradually got lost in the water. That was also impressive.
Well, I'm very happy, the scent has reached everything. So I know Kenzo? If yes then this smell might interest you very much and if not, then simply try it out.
6.0 8.0 9.0 4.0/10

Ajlen
I'm afraid not. I'm afraid not.
Sorry, guys, if I have to blow up this party. I am only very reluctantly the Spieverderber, but this smell does not go for me at all.

Fished by the good ratings, I simply ordered this blindly. I don't eat much. Does that smell like Kenzo pour Homme? Maybe, honestly, I'm not in the nose anymore. In fact, it seems very familiar - so the comparison may be justified. Anyway, it smells a lot like the '90s. Flashbacks and snap breathing included. And it's me, who likes to mourn his old sweetheart, who can't cope with this retro bomb? That's the way it really is.

The main reason for this is probably that the actual main reason for the purchase is not fulfilled in my eyes. I often read "fresh" in the other statements and comments. Oh, dear. There's nothing fresh here for my nose. Lead-heavy, this scent is on my skin instead. Admittedly, this helps immensely in terms of durability and sillage, but I really miss every form of freshness and lightness. With regard to the summer, the most likely associations come up to the last so unbearably hot days, on which the air quasi stands and every movement hurts too much. I find the fragrance impression warm and stuffy. Even the cypress, which actually guarantees a cooling effect, cannot counteract the masses of shallow aquatics and lavender. In short for me this is simply unpleasant, almost unbearable.

If you liked him, you'd have a lot of it. Because at least with me it holds itself as stubbornly as a professional component adhesive. At the price called, that's remarkable. If you like retro Kenzo, it might be worth a try. But otherwise? Neither fresh nor contemporary. I'm afraid not. I'm afraid not.

DPArtist 91 days ago
A lovely non-citrus summer scent that will surely never age just like the beautiful Mediterranean setting of which Acqua is a reflection.+2
9.0
WiseOwl 21 months ago
A fresher, budget version of Kenzo pour Homme. If you're a fan of the Kenzo or like marine aquatics in general then this is recommended.+3
6.0