Glow by Jennifer Lopez
Bottle Design: Guy Williams

Glow is a perfume by Jennifer Lopez for women and was released in 2002. The scent is fresh-floral. It is being marketed by Designer Parfums.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Mandarin, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Jasmine, Orange blossom, Rose, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.07.2019

8.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Benlives
Wash me, but don't wet me!
...it works very well with Glow, at least when I feel it. When you reach into the drugstore shelves, who thinks of suddenly holding such a clean power scent in your hands? Usually such star fragrances are hardly to be outbid in the matter of irrelevance. Here Jlo goes a refreshingly different way with the Sauberduft, published in 2002. But Glow is not a spawn of complexity now. It doesn't have to be. The interplay of the scents results in a "freshly showered" feeling - full on the twelve. Bright flowers, soap, musk. Bam. A very present clean scent with brutal recognition value. This perfume doesn't need an overloaded fragrance pyramid to work.
After all these years, Glow does not yet seem to have become a victim of the widespread reformulation virus. I hope it stays that way for a long time. A final anecdote about the durability of Glow:

around eight in the evening... Girlfriend gets in the car

I'm like, "Wow, Glow!"
Girlfriend: "uhhhh.... well"
I'm like, "Huh, I can smell it, can't I?"
Girlfriend: "I sprayed it on this morning..."
I said, "And I haven't sprayed since?" "
Girlfriend: "ne... funny I don't smell it myself anymore..."

Conclusion: If you like clean fragrances, you should access it here, as long as you don't trump it yet.

9.0 7.0 6.0 9.5/10

Queen of soapy perfumes
the first perfume i ever smelled in my life. in my high school days i of course had no money so i had to sniff the tester on the shelf every time. oh god those were times. when i had earned my first money, i bought exactly two bottles of 100 ml and one bottle of 50 ml. it was a crazy purchase for me as if i was quenching water for my thirst. today i rarely wear it but it must always be in my collection. she is the queen of my collection and also the innocent naive in the collection. when i die i want to be sprayed with this perfume and put in the coffin. this perfume is not a perfume for me anymore but a magic bottle that makes me happy or better said reminds me of the meaning of life

hot sand,sun,sea,holidays
....a coincidence find.....the name j.Lo was not..the test bottle without the chain already rather...at first it is sharp, then I find it quite great...fresh, elegant, unsweet...my son says insect spray...when the beginning has laid down I'm all over it, especially in summer, with hot weather..will add it to me now for the 3rd time ... he brings me to the south, sun, hot white sand, the sea and has for me something magical ... no idea what it is ... some old smell memory apparently comes ..... I love him ...
5.0 7.5 10.0 4.0/10

Washing-powder under the shower
What "White LInen" was in 1978 and in the 80's (crisp, fresh), "Glow" became in 2002 and still is: a fragrance which is ideal for people who love soapy, clean and synthetic scents which give you that "fresh-from-the-shower" feeling. White florals reign and the musks used remind me of washing-powder. As a result, this scent is decidedly more morning-at-the-office than late-night-party. I also think that it is powerful stuff, don't underrate "Glow". If you overapply, you'll end up smelling like a basket of fresh laundry. Well, I guess there is a place for such a scent in everybody's fragrance wardrobe, although I must confess that I won't repurchase once my bottle will be empty. Too sterile.

Glow - Jennifer Lopez
In a way, this perfume represents me coming full circle in my quest for scent. When this fragrance first came out I remember wanting to sniff it out so I went to the drugstore and did so. I liked the smell but didn't think a man should wear a ladies perfume so I didn't buy it. Instead, I bought the shower gel and enjoyed the pleasant, clean smell it left on my skin after my shower. Fast forward to the present. For the last few months I have been dabbling in ladies fragrances. I found myself bored with men's fragrances and after getting my feet wet with unisex scents, I decided to finally take the leap and start wearing perfume that is actually made for and targeted at women. At this point, there is no turning back. I have bought many bottles of ladies perfume and enjoy wearing a great deal of them. At 28, I lacked the self-assured confidence it took to pull off women's perfume. At 39, I don't care what anybody else thinks. I don't see fragrance as having a gender anymore. I wear what I like, regardless if the scent is marketed towards a man or a woman. Now that I finally own a bottle of Glow, I can say how enjoyable it is to wear. Catching whiffs of this while I have it on just makes me happy! It's such a "clean" smell and who doesn't like to smell clean?!?! Perfect for spritzing on after a nice, long shower! A casual scent that can be easily worn every day. Being the first fragrance by Jennifer Lopez, I also believe that it's her best. She has other good ones (and some not so good) but this one tops them all!!!
5.0 7.5 10.0 7.0/10

Icekat
The flagship of the clean scents movement
Glow is one of those scents that I like to wear when I have a craving for a nice, clean and pleasant scent that invokes straight out of the shower feeling. I wore this scent a lot when it came out in 2002 and I remember that it was so different from heavier oriental and floral scents I used to wear. Glow does smell soapy and clean but unlike other scents in this category, I do like its composition and structure. It invokes the feelings of a luxurious soap with nice layers of neroli, rose and sandalwood.

In the opening there is a bit of rubbing alcohol, which is not my favorite part but very soon Glow settles into a soapy neroli and citrus scent and then slowly transitions into a floral bouquet. I like roses and orange blossoms in the heart notes. Both compliment soapy notes quite well. The scent has a nice development arc and it lasts for hours. In the base notes, Glow transforms into a clean floral musk – still quite soapy. The longevity is 10+ hours and the sillage is strong too.

Overall score is 7/10. Glow is the queen of soapy scents, so I think it certainly deserves its honorable place among this category in my collection. I recommend it.
2.5 2.5 5.0 4.0/10

Soapy soap
I appreciate that Jennifer Lopez wanted this perfume to smell fresh and clean, but in my opinion perfume should be about creating something that is memorable and unlike anything else. If I wanted to smell like Glow, I would go and have a shower and use my $1 soap to recreate this scent. I don't understand why celebrities like to play it safe with their fragrances, go out there and make something crazy and unique!

I find Glow to be very light and soft on the skin. The lasting power is fairly average and the scent stays very close to the skin. If you're a fan of Jennifer Lopez I'd probably skip this perfume and try some of her other fragrances.

Akinnen 113 days ago
Very potent scent, it's giving me thoughts of something and then I realized it reminds me of ashtray and smoking in general
5.0
6.0
Franny 4 years ago
Reminds me of lilies-of-the-valley and clean laundry hanging on a summer meadow!
10.0

Bye-bye Winter, morgen ist offizieller Frühlingsbeginn.
Bei der Hitze schmelzen die Gletscher
by SweetApricot
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Jennifer Lopez

Glow by Jennifer Lopez Still by Jennifer Lopez Miami Glow by Jennifer Lopez Live by Jennifer Lopez Deseo by Jennifer Lopez Glowing by Jennifer Lopez Glow After Dark by Jennifer Lopez Eau de Glow by Jennifer Lopez My Glow by Jennifer Lopez Love and Glamour by Jennifer Lopez Blue Glow by Jennifer Lopez Sunkissed Glow by Jennifer Lopez L.A. Glow by Jennifer Lopez Live Luxe by Jennifer Lopez Love At First Glow by Jennifer Lopez Deseo for Men by Jennifer Lopez Rio Glow by Jennifer Lopez JLove by Jennifer Lopez Love and Light by Jennifer Lopez JLust by Jennifer Lopez