Still by Jennifer Lopez
Bottle Design Ken Hirst
Still is a perfume by Jennifer Lopez for women and was released in 2003. The scent is floral-fresh. It was last marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Michel Girard

Top Notes Top NotesEarl Grey tea, Mandarin orange, Rice wine
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Honeysuckle, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Orris root, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.11.2020.

The advertising campaign was photographed by Nick Knight.

Tea??? Just tea??
ufff... well... the smell is bad. The way I sprayed it on me, as if I had poured tea from a cup on myself... ugh
I want to drink the tea, not smell it.
And it's pure tea.
Sorry, those who like this perfume, I can't stand it.
(I don't understand how JLo could put her name to it)

Still life
The milky, viscous sweetness of rice wine
its fragrant steam floating over the cup
beckons to take a seat and listen

Sweet orange slices, placed with care
gently mirroring the sun from the plate

Damp flowers picked after the summer rain
Mrs Dalloway planning a party
her thoughts flow back to the orchards of her youth

Still life painted
timeless
blending Western colours with the East

I was introduced to Still not long ago, and for my love of both Earl Grey and the rice wine in taste and smell, I let Still into my life as my second 'celebrity' scent; and there it stayed since then, and I would miss this very much if it ever disappeared. I tried a clumsy 'haiku' above instead of a review, because this fragrance to me is rather like a snapshot of a moment, triggers the mental cinema, the instant I smell it.

It is a clean, composed, calming and, above all, quiet scent, the opposite of "dramatic" - the name and colour is very fitting. It has an introspective air, like listening to the silence. In its focusing and relaxing effects (at least on me), it could be seen as a milder equivalent to lavender. Still does not project much, but lingers on me for at least 8 hours; it just seems to love playing hide and seek.
The soapiness is certainly there, but not in the style of Glow, and the bergamot in the opening adds a certain piquancy which makes this a fine unisex fragrance and, together with the exotic rice wine-accord, it could appear less attractive for some people.
Regarding the sake (rice wine), it might be perceived stronger if either its smell is familiar to the wearer, or exactly the opposite as something 'strange'. No idea about the aromachemical formula, but rice wine definitely smells different from rice, the same as wine and grapes. I used to perceive mostly bergamot in the opening during colder seasons, which served as a gentle morning kick for me; now in summer, the boozy, sweet rice wine accompanied by subtlely tangy orange is like a treat for my nose and I'm really enjoying it. Still, and supposedly for the next long while.

Still
On my skin, this smells a lot like the Elizabeth Arden Green Tea perfume. Jennifer Lopez Still isn't quite as linear as Green Tea is and at first spritz, isn't quite as sharp either. The tea note is definitely what stands out the most on my skin. It's very nice and I find it refreshing to wear on a hot summer's day. I would venture to say that this is the nicest perfume in the Jennifer Lopez perfume line. It doesn't smell like the typical celebrity fragrance at all. Fresh and clean smelling. A perfect "pick-me-up" scent. It's hard to find in stores but readily available online. If you like Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea fragrance line, try this one out, you'll probably like it just as much, if not more!

Still by Jennifer Lopez
Jennifer Lopez's Still devoids of Suger-Overindulgent
Pinks, Tacky Babyheaded bottle caps and Glucouse-Inducing Praline Note,

Still is Clean Simple with an Minimalistic Elegance
Urbane without the Flashiness,
Still opens fresh with note of Bergamot starts off
with an bitter edge, Then in a minute of two Still
softens with the Presence of Orange and Sweet Green
Apples sweetens and finish the top layer with Fressness,

As Still Dries Green Tea comessteeping though conjours thoughts of Zen-like Calmness,
Picturing Sitting on a Boat in the Middle of a Pond
filled with pure White Lotuses Bamboo and Rice Paddies, Gently gliding your fingers over Green and
ripe Lilypad while gazing at a Japanese style Teahouse On a grey cloudy overcast Summer's Day,

The Rice note adds the Earthiness of Still,

My Last thought of Still, She is like a Crystal Prism Hanging amidst a Window Gleaming with Colors
of the Rainbow though the Sun's Rays,
Still also has an Relaxing ambience of Monocromic
Shades of Beige Cream and Silver,
No Gaudy Reds Pinks Yellows or Animal Print,

Simplicity wins with Still

Still in production...
Still is surprisingly quite pleasant. Like many of her fragrances, this scent is very Summery and fresh.

It's not quite fruity, yet not overly floral. Still is a nicely balanced blend of the two.

This fragrance is obviously still popular because it is being sold almost 6 years on. I personally have never known anyone that wears this scent, yet I know of guys that swear by this fragrance as being truly sexy and captivating.

If you mixed Paris Hilton with Escape by CK, this would be your result. Strange because I love Escape but detest Paris Hilton.

The apple and floral blend in the top notes and heart of this perfume is what reminds me of the Paris Hilton fragrance. I would definitely recommend Still over Paris Hilton anyday.

The scent is strong, but it's not strong enough to knock one out. I also found the lasting power quite impressive for a celebrity scent. I would suggest this fragrance to an older audience, I'm not sure whether this would suit young teen girls. It has a sense of maturity and sophistication that gives me that opinion.

By the looks of it, this is a perfume that most agree with. I highly recommend.

by Agrafena
by Vitaminc
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Jennifer Lopez

Eau de Glow by Jennifer Lopez Glow by Jennifer Lopez Glowing by Jennifer Lopez Miami Glow by Jennifer Lopez Live by Jennifer Lopez Deseo by Jennifer Lopez Glow After Dark by Jennifer Lopez Love and Glamour by Jennifer Lopez Deseo for Men by Jennifer Lopez Live Luxe by Jennifer Lopez My Glow by Jennifer Lopez Sunkissed Glow by Jennifer Lopez Deseo Forever by Jennifer Lopez JLove by Jennifer Lopez Rio Glow by Jennifer Lopez Glowing Goddess by Jennifer Lopez JLust by Jennifer Lopez Love At First Glow by Jennifer Lopez Live Platinum by Jennifer Lopez Forever Glowing by Jennifer Lopez