Insulo 2015

Insulo by Jeroboam
Insulo is a popular perfume by Jeroboam for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesVanilla
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesMusk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 05.09.2020.

5.5

A headache in drops!
No sooner did the shops reopen after Corona than they started again, the stalking for new, beautiful scents. Even though testing with a snuggly sweater was considerably more difficult, I was in the best buying mood, something fresh, aquatic, green was what I wanted. Searched, found, bought were "Lune d'Eau" and "Tulsivivah!" Very deep in the drawer they searched for samples for me and even longer they studied if they could put these testers into my bag. In the end it was "Insulo" among other things and I quickly went from the assumption "insulin" to "island" ... oh, maybe a sparkling holiday scent! Far from it. Unfortunately
The fragrances from Jeroboam come in a black cardboard box with a golden bandage and a type that I would like to call Art Nouveau meets Arabia. Pleasing at first sight. The flacon is also convincing, with clear glass painted black on the inside and a relatively simple, golden cap.

However, the first spraying with the tester revealed to me that with the discreet restraint it should have been for the next few hours. One can certainly describe the fragrance as opulent. One also quickly comes to the conclusion that the pyramid does not give us one or the other chord after all. Vanilla, tonka, chocolate, condensed milk, coffee in different brews all at once crowd into the nose together with dark flowers in full bloom and musk and don't want to get out of it so quickly.

It does not force me to speak of a course. No, the individual components don't hit you all at once, but together with the sledgehammer. If someone should know a classical piece of music, which starts with a crescendo in the first chord and does not fade away in the course of the first movement, please mention it in the commentary function below.

In any case it was clearly too much for me, clearly too intense and in its entirety also clearly too sweet. The scent is described as unisex. At least in Central Europe, I don't think this idea is likely to come to mind. I once knew a Persian carpet dealer who smelled similar. But then the overall impression in the portrait to be conveyed was also appropriate. Although I don't necessarily want to classify Insulo as an oriental scent - but I miss the typical additions like patchouli or oud.

But I can't think more about this scent than that, because I quickly get headaches that force me to perform ritual ablutions before my wife comes home from the office and asks me, unnerved, what kind of foul-smelling soup I would have brought again. (Small question in the margin: Is it still allowed to say hooker diesel in public nowadays?)

Anything positive to finish? Insulo holds up pretty well. Anyway, several intensive hand washes with fat solvents and vinegar cleaners. That's worth a lot in Corona days.

by EauMySoul
by Nicheuphoria
by Carlossp
by Carlossp

Popular Jeroboam

Ambra by Jeroboam Vespero by Jeroboam Origino by Jeroboam Miksado by Jeroboam Oriento by Jeroboam Boha by Jeroboam Haŭto by Jeroboam