Vespero 2017

Vespero by Jeroboam
Vespero is a popular perfume by Jeroboam for men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesCedarwood, Geranium, Jasmine, Leather
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Woody notes, Musk, Patchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 07.08.2020.

Chizza
A single test is not enough
Vespero struck me very positively at the first test weeks ago, it even reminded me of the Royal Vintage I appreciated. Afterwards it was exciting, because neither perfume has much in common in terms of ingredients. At that time, however, I had extensive test material, I prepared Vespero for later, because I got used to test the fragrances which look like a candidate for purchase only later. Deferred purchases, that's my liquidity management so to speak. But that is another story

So now I was sitting there and had to realize that this fruit combination in me olfactorically turns into saffron. Saffron can be good, but it is often used and so the top note simply did not grab me. Especially in relation to leather is the well-known fare. However the apple and grapefruit can go in this direction, one has the feeling that the fruit must have been more than ripe. Cypress or the memory of it doesn't really come back to me either. Yes, also due to the leather and the bergamot, Vespero reminds here and there on Royal Vintage. But not in an intensity that one could really speak of a similarity. Rather, the rich saffron-like spectacle in combination with the leather is irritating and reminds me of many a clone of the master of the saffron-raspberry-leather triumvirate.
Gently this reminiscence fades away and becomes fruitier. But like fruits which have already exceeded the climax of their usefulness. Now this has a direct influence on the leather in the heart note, which is essentially of the same quality and style as the well-known representatives of the genre. At no time does it appear dark or tart. It always remains solid, at the beginning it absorbs the sweetness of the fruit and continues to smell like it. At some point the fruits were quasi wrung out, the leather becomes more neutral, but still has this undertone which actually reminds one of cypress due to its lime-like aura. This is the best part, if I have my way.
Relatively quickly, this leather becomes sweet while retaining that saffron-like touch and Vespero takes this direction. This smells good in itself, but is nevertheless somehow familiar, reminiscent of many things and nothing at the same time. Patchouli certainly contributes to this sweet, earthy note, which gradually emerges, but that's it for me and my perception; a further development is not revealed to me.
What can you say to that? For me it's proof that you often notice at the first test what you are not likely to buy (I like to test fragrances but against the background of a purchase) but unfortunately also tend to rate them too highly, at least that's how I feel. Countless fragrances I had already bought in my head, from Canary & Cobra to Palais Nizam and Vespero. All of them didn't make it, and so did Vespero. For me personally it is too much known what is produced differently but in the end it is not able to give me an olfactory aha-experience. Basically a formidable scent, no question. But not in my eyes.

Tuscan Leather 2.0
It has nothing to do with Aventus. So that's TL minus Saffron and berries less sweet. The big cinema is missing and all the talk about how it would start out bright and get darker and darker as the day slides over to the evening... that's all fantasy. You can smell the green apple and the citric one right after spraying on but already there the smell is dark because the leather is front and center and not later. The leather is right there and stays pretty much the same until the end, with the difference that the apple and the citric one disappear completely after 5 to 10 minutes. It remains Tuscan Leather.

For me a great fragrance because I love leather but if you expect a chameleon that is constantly changing and complex, this perfume is not.

As for durability and silage, I have to say that this perfume is no monster. It projects very moderately (as leather should be, leather scents shouldn't scream in my opinion) but has a relatively long breath, but not as some people say until the next day. No, it can withstand a good 10 hours on the skin, but after 2 hours with much less projection. I paid the high price because I was looking for a Tuscan Leather with less sweetness and Vespero gives me exactly that. Ford's leather creations have always had a catch - at least for me. TL was with too loud and too sweet, Ombre Leather became me by the jasmine, relatively fast to feminine. Vespero is right in between

AlchemystedAlchemysted 6 months ago
I know that there are some pointed similarities between this and Aventus but I find Vespero to be so much smoother and complex. Gorgeous!!
OdysseusOdysseus 3 years ago
The "darker" Aventus! Opens up fruity and fresh, but within a couple of hours becomes smoky and musky. All season, versatile fragrance.

by Shivsri13
by Fedaie
by Romy1050
by Romy1050

Popular Jeroboam

Ambra by Jeroboam Insulo by Jeroboam Oriento by Jeroboam Miksado by Jeroboam Origino by Jeroboam Haŭto by Jeroboam Boha by Jeroboam