Jessica McClintock 1988 Eau de Parfum

Jessica McClintock (Eau de Parfum) by Jessica McClintock
Bottle Design Jessica McClintock
Jessica McClintock (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Jessica McClintock for women and was released in 1988. The scent is floral-green. It is being marketed by Virtue Development Company.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
BlackcurrantBlackcurrant
Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
BasilBasil
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily of the valleyLily of the valley
RoseRose
JasmineJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk

Submitted by Bergamotte, last update on 10.06.2021.

2.5
2.5

Flowery but nasty...
This is an unpleasant fragrance on my skin and in the air.

I can smell opening flowers, but there are overpowering resinous, harsh smells in the mix, not sure what.

For me, a decided failure. Or maybe I received a bad batch??

Eau de Parfum Spray 50ml cost GB£36 in the UK, about the same as Chanel No.19 Eau de Parfum in the UK.

Peaches
My one and only signature
The first time I tried this perfume was on a test strip at the mall when it was introduced. I thought it was lovely and threw the strip in my handbag. Five days later I could still smell it. I went back to the store and bought a bottle. People would stop me in the street to ask me what I was wearing. I get more compliments with this than anyother perfume. For some reason when I spray it there is something that tickles the back of my throat and makes me cough but it goes away. For that reason I bought the perfume and it was even more lovely without any of the alcohol fragrance that you get in sprays.

JM is a sweet white floral with enough green notes to keep it from being sickening. The citrus is well blended so that all I smell is white flowers...lots of lilly of the valley and Jasmine. This smells like only the finest essential oils were used. While the idea of having a signature fragrance goes against my motto that variety if the spice of life...if I could only wear one perfume for the rest of my life it would have to be this one

Jessica McClintock
I have a friend who used to wear this perfume. It smelled great on her. Puts me in the mindset of a big, beautiful bouquet of white flowers. I found it very alluring and classy and I would venture to say that it's one of my favourite perfumes that I've ever smelled on a woman.

Shut Up and Go Clean Your Room!
JESSICA MCCLINTOCK reminds me of barbie dolls. Not the sort of perfume which curvaceous Barbie herself might don—wouldn't she really prefer ANGEL?—but the sort of fragrance which little girls who play with Barbies might wear. Little girls being groomed by their housewife mothers to become good housewives one day. They also have Easy Bake Ovens and little bottles of nail polish, like the toddler daughters of a former colleague of mine. He brought them to work with him one day (his wife must have had an appointment at the beauty parlor), and I was a bit taken aback that these little girls, barely able to talk, had chipped polish on their tiny little fingernails. Small wonder that nearly half a century after the ratification of the Equal Pay Act of 1963, women in this country still earn only 77 cents on the dollar paid to an equally qualified man for performing the very same work. But I digress...

The flowers here smell more like lilacs than anything else to me, but all in all, this composition strikes me as quite juvenile and not romantic at all. The manufacturer's card boasts that this perfume is "the fragrance that whispers romance...," but to me it just whispers: "Shut up and go clean your room!"

by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul
by AmySourbutts
by AmySourbutts

Popular Jessica McClintock

Jess by Jessica McClintock Number 3 by Jessica McClintock Silk Ribbons by Jessica McClintock Brilliance by Jessica McClintock Jessica McClintock (Parfum) by Jessica McClintock Always & Forever by Jessica McClintock Scott McClintock by Jessica McClintock Dancing by Jessica McClintock Modern Jess by Jessica McClintock New Victorian by Jessica McClintock