Halloween Kiss 2008

Halloween Kiss by Jesus del Pozo
Halloween Kiss is a perfume by Jesus del Pozo for women and was released in 2008. The scent is sweet-floral. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pear, Orange, Red berries, Violet, Watermelon
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Gardenia, Orchid, Peony
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Teakwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.11.2020.

Baby, bring the shaving cream!
When I ordered my Violet from Marc Jacobs, I had to do it in a duty free shop because it was not available elsewhere. So I looked around to see if there was another rarity that I could order when I had the chance. Halloween was just around the corner and that's when I saw it: Halloween Kiss! Since I found all the pozos I tested so far not bad, even if not one hundred percent convincing, I decided without further ado: This one will be ordered as well! Maybe it will be my fragrance hit of the brand.

Excitedly I did the first sprayer: Surprise! Welcome to the world of fragrances from - well, from when, at least not from now - maybe from 1988? A grin came over my face. The fragrance is somehow funny, there is a note in the foreground that I find endearingly old-fashioned. And nothing is as old-fashioned as the recent past. The even older is then in certain circles already retro or cool. With this note that is not yet the case.
Is that a certain classic freesia scent? It's definitely a flower, actually too mild and sweet for freesias, maybe that's what is meant by orchid? The note reminds me a little bit of the central fragrance in Dior's Addict. Maybe it's also both flowers in combination with a classic amber scent, because the fragrance is also underlaid with a light but pleasant warmth.

But that is not all. There is also a portion of fruity freshness. At the same time it also becomes a little spicy. Suddenly I feel reminded of shaving cream. I don't know where this memory comes from and which shaving foam I smelled so often that I now have to think about it.

Now the memories bubble up: My USA student exchange. I was only 15. We arrived in October. New York City. A few days before Halloween. I didn't even know what Halloween was back then. My exchange student had obviously taken it for granted that the American custom of celebrating Halloween was familiar to me, so she took me out on the street. As soon as we stepped out into the street, a group of boys the same age rushed out and pointed several spray cans at my head. I was completely perplexed, taken by surprise, startled, didn't know what was happening. My exchange student shouted frantically: "Stop it! Stop it! She's a friend!" The boys lowered the cans. It was only later that I realized that the cans contained depilatory cream! And I had never seen any depilatory cream with my naive 15 German Lenzen. In the course of the evening everything loosened up a bit, Root Beer was drunk and harmless shaving foam was sprayed around a bit Now, is this the foam that Halloween Kiss reminds me of? I don't know. I couldn't name the brand anyway. Besides, the scent today would be at least as vintage as Pozo's Halloween Kiss
By the way, it continues exactly as it started: retro flowers with hints of Addict shaving foam on an amber bed with fruit topping and a hint of vanilla. At the end I can guess wonderful Tonka. In terms of shelf life, it is in the middle range of maybe 6 hours, but fades out very slowly and continuously.

I'm not yet one hundred percent convinced that this mixture is the right one for me in the long run, but it is somehow cool.
Just the vivid memory of "Stop it! Stop it! She's a friend!" is worth this shaving cream kiss alone!

Halloween Kiss
the opening note is a blast of peony;
orchid; and third gardenia. the middle
of the action mellon then wraped with
red berries and bottom notes i can smell the creamy vanilla and sandalwood.

my overall rating dislike it i don't really care for mellons or any fruity
floral hogpog farce like this it's too sweet and it gives a headache.

Popular Jesus del Pozo

Arabian Nights (Eau de Parfum) by Jesus del Pozo Arabian Nights (Eau de Toilette) by Jesus del Pozo Dahlia by Jesus del Pozo Quasar (Eau de Toilette) by Jesus del Pozo Gold Cedar Nights by Jesus del Pozo Ambar by Jesus del Pozo Peony by Jesus del Pozo Arabian Nights Private Collection Man by Jesus del Pozo Arabian Nights Woman by Jesus del Pozo Noble Musk Nights by Jesus del Pozo Arabian Nights Private Collection Woman by Jesus del Pozo In Black by Jesus del Pozo In White by Jesus del Pozo Duende by Jesus del Pozo Mystic Leather Nights by Jesus del Pozo Tobacco Wood Nights by Jesus del Pozo Dark Saffron Nights by Jesus del Pozo Rose Oud Nights by Jesus del Pozo Halloween Fever by Jesus del Pozo Esencia de Duende by Jesus del Pozo