In White by Jesus del Pozo

In White is a perfume by Jesus del Pozo for women and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-powdery. It was last marketed by Perfumes y Diseño.

Top Notes Top NotesBamboo leaf, Bergamot, Lemon blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhite freesia, Egyptian jasmine, Magnolia, Almond blossom, Orange blossom, Orchid
Base Notes Base NotesFlorentine iris, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.12.2019.

8.0 6.0 8.0 5.5/10

Affordable white floral bomb
When I first sprayed once on my wrist, I get bamboo and some citrus. Then I seemed to become anosmic to In White, I could barely smell anything. So I spray a second time, which I should not have.

A powdery white flower bomb exploded, mixed with a nasty earthiness, almost got me nauseated. Fortunately after about 1 hour, the white flowers calmed down. I could hardly pick distinctive floral notes, but I get some caracteristics of jasmine, orange blossom and magnolia. There is also some greenness contracting with white flowers, preventing it from overpowering. It sits close to skin as a very feminine scent for about 7 hours. I spent a pleasant time once it settled down.

I can't say I'm in love, but In White is really really not bad. I'd recommend it as an affordable white flower fragrance. However, if you're not a die hard white flower fan, you might need to be careful while applying.

Originally written in 2013

Germanblonde
Cool like white porcelan on a hot summer day
An uncomplicated very wearable frag for daytime use. Nothing extraordinary, but still quite pleasant and much better than I expected considering the notes and the price tag. Better than many other no frills scents out there.
7.5 5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Very helpful Review
Low budget Pure Poison alternative
Like Jesus del Pozo IN BLACK, the first thing out of the bottle upon spritzing IN WHITE smells frighteningly close to chemical waste. (Having worked in an organic chemistry laboratory, I can speak ex cathedra on the topic of the scent of chemical waste.) I hate to say this, because both perfumes improve dramatically as they dry down. But the opening is in fact very off-putting, and always makes me initially think that the perfumes have turned. However, after having experienced the same surprise several times from different bottles, my conclusion is that the excellent perfumers enlisted to produce these fragrances were given a micro budget and asked to produce something wearable--and marketable to a lower economic niche than the sorts of consumers who frequent Dior.

The strict antithesis of a buy-at-the-counter composition, IN WHITE would make many a perfumista run from the counter for a quick scrub in the establishment's wash room--if, that is, these perfumes were available anywhere but from gray market discounters. So you buy them blind on a whim and hope that they might, like the perfumes of the house of Balmain, be a pleasant surprise. And they are, in a sense.

IN WHITE becomes within a few minutes a quite likeable "knock-off" of PURE POISON. I use scare quotes because I doubt that Francis Kurkdjian was doing gas chromatograph work when he came up with the formula for a perfume which smacks of PURE POISON though the liquid inside the bottle cost $1 instead of $2 to produce. The same story for Christine Nagel's IN BLACK, which smacks vaguely, believe it or not, of By Kilian BACK IN BLACK.

I hesitate to wear these Jesus del Pozo fragrances because I worry that "where there's smoke, there's fire" or, translated to this case: "where there's the scent of chemical waste, there's something possibly carcinogenic. By the drydown, however, I always remember why I have not thrown these bottles away, though I rarely reach for them.

I no longer trust Dior, and François Demarchy may be my least favorite perfumer at this point in history (though Thierry Wasser offers some stiff competition...) so even if I didn't have an issue with the composition of PURE POISON (which gives me a headache), I'd suggest that, if you have the funds, go for Keiko Mecheri ISLES LOINTAINES. If you're on a strict budget, cross your fingers and wear IN WHITE.

Egyptian Jasmin
Do you love Egyptian Jasmin ( Sambac ) ? Try this one. Awesome floral perfume for ladies. it is Musky too

by Zelena
by Zelena
by Peanut
by Peanut
by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular Jesus del Pozo

Arabian Nights (Eau de Parfum) by Jesus del Pozo Arabian Nights (Eau de Toilette) by Jesus del Pozo Dahlia by Jesus del Pozo Peony by Jesus del Pozo Quasar (Eau de Toilette) by Jesus del Pozo Arabian Nights Private Collection Man by Jesus del Pozo Ambar by Jesus del Pozo Arabian Nights Private Collection Woman by Jesus del Pozo Duende by Jesus del Pozo Arabian Nights Woman by Jesus del Pozo In Black by Jesus del Pozo Noble Musk Nights by Jesus del Pozo Vanilla Musk Nights by Jesus del Pozo Rose Oud Nights by Jesus del Pozo Dark Saffron Nights by Jesus del Pozo Tobacco Wood Nights by Jesus del Pozo Halloween Fever by Jesus del Pozo Esencia de Duende by Jesus del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Eau de Toilette) by Jesus del Pozo Halloween Freesia by Jesus del Pozo