Eve by Jil Sander
Eve is a perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still in production.

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit blossom, Currant
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Rose, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere wood, Patchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.09.2020.

Fruity, but still mature
I find that many fruity perfumes smell at most like just grown up. Eve, however, smells grown-up to me and suits me. Meanwhile I'm in my early 30's. Again, I've been lured by advertising, because even if I dye my natural red hair brown, I find myself a little bit visually in Karoline Herfourt. The scent stuck immediately. I smell wood mixed with fruits. And then freshness and lightness. That it is a fruit note I can hardly believe. I would have guessed several red berries. Recently I bought my 5th bottle. This is the most bought perfume and the one for which I received the most compliments. I prefer to wear it in winter, but also in spring. I am very satisfied with the durability, although it is an EdT. After 4 hours I have to re-spray because I always have to notice my perfume, but it smells much longer because I had it on once during a long working day and a colleague spoke to me about it. And there I had just used up the last splashes and was waiting for supplies
Pinkdawn
Eve and I: a short episode without a happy ending
Today I don't remember how I became aware of Eve and when that was. In any case it was not a very good time for me. My mother had died. Shortly afterwards my partner separated from me after 6 years together. But I didn't want to give up, I wanted to make a new start. Maybe with a new love. I needed the right scent, of course. It should be something very feminine, seductive, sensual, but by no means "cheap", tasteless, already noble.

Eve and I met at the right time, so to speak. The name reminded me of Genesis 2:4 et seq. "And the Lord God said, It is not good that man should be alone /.../ And Adam called his wife Eve, for she became the mother of all who live there."

Eve - since time immemorial the epitome of femininity, an even dangerously seductive femininity. We know the story, the happiness of which we supposedly still suffer from today.

I met Eve at a perfumery. I already knew her mother, Heidemarie Jiline "Jil" Sander, the German designer for simple but timelessly elegant fashion. So I was all the more curious about Eve, the fragrance that was described as extremely feminine. When I tested it, I did not know its scent pyramid. I let myself be surprised, so to speak. And was quite quickly taken with this EdT, who was allowed to come with me right away.

I liked the name and the stylish, sophisticatedly simple bottle made of thick, transparent glass. And this pastel orange and pink of the packaging and the perfume. The fragrance too, of course.

Eve has a few surprises in store. The fragrance starts with the fruity notes of grapefruit and currant, but even at the beginning it is by no means "citrusy fresh", but has the flair of ripe, sun-drenched fruit in late summer. Soon the floral nuances join in. There are already quite respectable olfactory calibres like rose, jasmine and violet. Nevertheless, neither fruits nor flowers ever seem too sweet. The flowers appear in the bouquet. That means you can't really tell them apart. They blend into a powdery, sweet sweetness full of romance
The transitions of the individual fragrances are surprisingly dynamic. However, the fragrance appears soft, warm, tender, cuddly and gentle from the outset. The earthy and fiery patchouli, which should only make its big entrance in the base note, can't wait to take to the stage. And it is a strong performance that puts it down. Yes, and then there's cashmere wood - also very dominant, but also warm and sensual.

So Eve is not a teenager, but a rather self-confident woman who knows what she wants and takes it. This is also expressed in the clear sillage, which radiates a great presence. The durability is also remarkable. Eve has come to stay. But most of the time I only sniff more patchouli. The fruits and flowers are disappearing - at least for me - all too soon. Cashmere wood holds out the longest, but also gives in to patchouli much too quickly
I like patchouli. But here I would have liked more or longer flower and fruit notes. Somehow the scent doesn't live up to its promise, because everything gets too much lost in patchouli. The patchouli is very valuable, not gothic, but elegant, but too dominant. So for me, Eve is not a spring scent, but rather something for late summer, I'd say, or for mild summer evenings. I don't really find Eve compatible with very young girls. It's more compatible with women who are perhaps not so easy to classify, who are powerful, have style, radiate a certain "tamed wildness". The fact that I can best imagine Eve on - possibly artistically active - women with reddish hair is probably due to the fact that the actress Karoline Herfurth, the then protagonist of Eve.

Well, what can I say? Eve and I - it was just a brief episode. It lasted no longer than the expired 4 ounces. I did not buy the fragrance again because I am obviously not the type of woman Eve was made for. From the interesting architect who could cook so well Sugo for spaghetti, whom I got to know in my "Eve time", and I didn't get anything either. Despite Eve. Probably I wasn't even ready for a new relationship at that time.

Eve and I are never going to be best friends. Meanwhile, I find the fragrance seems almost a little old-fashioned these days. There are so many more interesting scents now. But that's just my personal opinion. Oud by Kurkdjian or un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermés are perfumes that suit me much better at the moment. That's not to say that I couldn't recommend Eve if she was the right female personality.
I still like patchouli very much - but more in autumn and in the form of Perles de Lalique or Patchouli N' Roses from Reminiscence.
Puderkind
The smell of my teenage years
As the title suggests, I wore Eve in my youth. My mum always had an impressive perfume collection and I was allowed to try out some of them or even sniff them. She also loved Sun by Jil Sander and at some point she left Eve to me, which she probably didn't like that much - that's how I got this fragrance.
I find the bottle very beautiful in its subtle simplicity and also a little bit noble by the coral color.
My perception of the fragrance: Eve starts fruity for me too, but not too squeaky-sweet fruity, but through the grapefruit blossom it forms a woody fresh note - really a pleasant prelude.
The floral notes in the heart caress the wearer nobly, until the somewhat woody and very warm vibe of cashmere wood and patchouli joins in the base.
All in all, I find the fragrance to be warm, pure and elegant. If I had to classify it, it would be for me a late summer evening walk with really beautiful golden light of the setting sun.
I personally believe that it is suitable for all age groups and also for some men (if the person likes it - provided the person likes it). Karoline Herfurth is a really good advertising medium - clear, straightforward, beautiful! The durability & Sillage are both ok and I came with a few sprayers over the whole school day at that time.
My conclusion: Could well be a beautiful signature or everyday scent, I remember it with pleasure. At the moment I'm not planning to buy it again, but one should never say never ;)
The inside counts
It seems to me that it was yesterday when I smelled this scent for the first time. It was 2012 and at the time Armani Code was my number 1 but I was looking for something new something different..I tried so much flowery scents (aren't mine never) but I just walked out of my comfort zone, fruity scents, spicy scents etc but I simply didn't like anything. Then there was Eve and the bottle looked so boring and boring that I only wanted to go over, but then I said to myself oh you can still try that. So far I didn't like a single fragrance from Jil Sander but like I said Eve I gave him a chance. And I was immediately in love ..it just smells very special and not at all like other fragrances, clear I say now he smells warm but also fresh and that you can perhaps also claim from other fragrances, but this fragrance has that certain something you must simply smell so you know what I mean. I am unfortunately "still" not so good in describing scents. The durability is very good with me for being an Edt.

Fresh Chypre
Its start very fresh with grapefruit and the cassis leaves.Then it turns a bit woody I think the patchouli and cashmere sets in.The flowers are very soft but noticable. A wift of rose and violet but they stay in the background on my skin. The drydown is lovely. Patchouli, woody and soft flowery.
The dry down reminds me a bit of Liberte or Coco Mademoiselle

by Duftelinchen
by Schnuffi
by Schnuffi

Popular Jil Sander

Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Woman III (1986) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (1989) / Feeling Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Absolute by Jil Sander Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander Woman Two by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Sport Water by Jil Sander Woman Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Bath & Beauty (1981) by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Jil Sander Sensations (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Jil (1997) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander