Jil (2009)

Version from 2009
Jil (2009) by Jil Sander

Jil (2009) is a popular perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 2009. The scent is powdery-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Mandarin, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Iris, Lily
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.03.2019

9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Totally underestimated...
In my opinion, this wonderful fragrance is completely underestimated. At least I've been feeling that way the last few years... just sprayed "Jil" at the drugstore some time ago. So more likely to pass by and without great expectations... a beautiful sweet, but not twitchy scent comes towards me. At the same time fresh but not too fresh. Adult, but not old. The lavender note... wonderful! In the heart note the lavender has disappeared, but it becomes more powdery...I smell a balance that never annoys me at any time. Nothing pushes itself into the foreground. A beautiful scent for the day for a woman who has class, knows what she wants but has nothing bourgeois about her. Really nice. The base then simply becomes soft and gentle and feminine. This is the fragrance that, by the way, is at the back of "my" Douglas, in the last row and at the bottom. Sorry, he doesn't deserve that place! If you are like me and you have always "overlooked" the "jil" somehow, then test it! My momentary every day always going....

Like sitting on a cloud of cotton candy - DELICIOUS
There are hardly any Jil Sander fragrances that I don't love (not that I tried them all, but I own and owned quite a few and tried quite a lot of them). They make me feel so feminine and evoke a feeling of comfort and coziness. Jil is no exception to that rule. I wore Jil Sander fragrances a lot when I still lived in Germany, and have forgotten about my deep love affair with them for almost 20 years, since I live in the USA (of course I didn't know this particular beauty back then, as it was created after I came here, but it stands for the same quality like all other Jil Sander frags I love and own). Thanks to Ebay and other websites, I rediscovered my love and have to acknowledge now what I knew all along: Jil Sander fragrances are the best fit for me by far, and I restocked these beauties again.

You need to give all Jil frags time to develop. They don't smack you right in the face, but once they unfold their beauty, they are addicting. Same with this one. I am sitting here, writing my review and watching TV, with one wrist up to my nose every other minute or so. I love the almost smoldering grown up vanilla. The powdery aspect adds to the smoothness. I feel like sitting on a cloud of cotton candy, not a too sweet of a treat, but still yummy and fluffy. Lasting power is, like most Jil Sander frags, not the greatest. Even with shower gel, lotion and the juice applied together, I get barely 3 hours out of it, which I only graciously forgive if the scent is at least an A. Jil is an A+, so I totally forgive her the shortcoming in that sector. I absolutely love her!

peppery and sweet
JIL seems very peppery modern and rather sweet perfume of a great quality. Reminds me a lot of Maubousin (femme)edp. I can detect a strong musk along with woods which make this one very feminine. My first Jil Sander perfume bough blindly and I like it a lot. The sillage and longevity both above average.

by Zelena
by Meinhardis
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Jil Sander

Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sensations by Jil Sander Eve by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Jil (2009) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sander for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Sensual Jil by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Pure by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander Sport for Women by Jil Sander