Jil (2009)

Version from 2009
Jil (2009) by Jil Sander

Jil (2009) is a perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 2009. The scent is powdery-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Mandarin, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Iris, Lily
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 05.08.2019

7.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

DonJuanDeCat
A fragrance for every occasion
Hey, guys, how you doing? As so often, I have a new comment today. However, it is a comment on a fragrance that probably everyone already knows. But I wouldn't be the persistent tabbler here if I didn't give my mustard to too many, really very many scents.

So you shouldn't be surprised if I now come to Jil (EDP) from Jil Sander. But before you get bored and turn away, you should listen first, you man man :D
I know, Jil Sander is "only" a mainstream brand, but just like most mainstreamers Jil Sander has very good, good and also less successful scents, but it has scents that are definitely worth a look. Just like this scent here, which I already liked very much!

So I'll start talking and try to describe the scent as exactly as I can smell it, while I ignore your complaining... if you're bitching... are you doing this right now? I can't hear you, because I'm ignoring your complaining :DD

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins very nicely with sweetish mandarin, also sweetish (but also somewhat spicy) pink pepper and almond-scented heliotrope. Then the lavender emerges and gives the fragrance a bitter touch. All this gives the fragrance a very beautiful, sweetly feminine aura, which one likes to perceive, especially because it quickly becomes even more pleasant (and powdery) through powdery scents like the iris.
A little later, the heliotrope and the lavender become stronger, so that the fragrance is still sweet, but now a little more bitter and spicy and therefore a little more mature.
Towards the end, the fragrance continues to smell sweet, but then a little softer and creamier. One still smells Heliotop, the lavender is however now clearly weaker. Vanilla and musk are used to make the fragrance softer and sweeter. A beautiful fragrance that always smells good from beginning to end. Oh yes, you can imagine it for sure that you only smell the vanilla again at the end.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is okay, it is neither particularly strong nor very weak. One smells it rather on shorter distance, but then one perceives it actually quite well. The shelf life is also quite okay with seven to eight hours, actually a bit more.

The bottle:
The bottle consists of a quite thick glass and is dark framed. Inside it has been filled with pink scented liquid. The bottle bears the name of the fragrance in the familiar Jil Sander lettering. The lid is rectangular and black. All in all, a nice bottle.

Soo, that was Jil from Jil Sander. Granted, the fragrance doesn't have a fancy name, but it smells really good. It smells nice sweet, slightly tart and spicy and in my opinion it is a fragrance for everyone, despite its initially sweet, slightly youthful charisma, as it sometimes comes across more mature because of the tart notes, without drifting into the old-fashioned.

Also when using this fragrance I would call it an all-rounder, which you can use at any time of the year as well as at any occasion, without having to think about what you could use again, especially if you have at least 100 fragrances standing around like you freaks :D
Because you know how it is: The more you have of something, the less you can decide what you want to use, wear, play, watch etc.!

Anyway, I can recommend this fragrance for a test, I liked it and I think that most people should like it too :) Well, just give it a try, if you don't like it, you can still complain to me!

That's it again! I wish you a nice evening, until the next time :)
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Totally underestimated...
In my opinion, this wonderful fragrance is completely underestimated. At least I've been feeling that way the last few years... just sprayed "Jil" at the drugstore some time ago. So more likely to pass by and without great expectations... a beautiful sweet, but not twitchy scent comes towards me. At the same time fresh but not too fresh. Adult, but not old. The lavender note... wonderful! In the heart note the lavender has disappeared, but it becomes more powdery...I smell a balance that never annoys me at any time. Nothing pushes itself into the foreground. A beautiful scent for the day for a woman who has class, knows what she wants but has nothing bourgeois about her. Really nice. The base then simply becomes soft and gentle and feminine. This is the fragrance that, by the way, is at the back of "my" Douglas, in the last row and at the bottom. Sorry, he doesn't deserve that place! If you are like me and you have always "overlooked" the "jil" somehow, then test it! My momentary every day always going....

Like sitting on a cloud of cotton candy - DELICIOUS
There are hardly any Jil Sander fragrances that I don't love (not that I tried them all, but I own and owned quite a few and tried quite a lot of them). They make me feel so feminine and evoke a feeling of comfort and coziness. Jil is no exception to that rule. I wore Jil Sander fragrances a lot when I still lived in Germany, and have forgotten about my deep love affair with them for almost 20 years, since I live in the USA (of course I didn't know this particular beauty back then, as it was created after I came here, but it stands for the same quality like all other Jil Sander frags I love and own). Thanks to Ebay and other websites, I rediscovered my love and have to acknowledge now what I knew all along: Jil Sander fragrances are the best fit for me by far, and I restocked these beauties again.

You need to give all Jil frags time to develop. They don't smack you right in the face, but once they unfold their beauty, they are addicting. Same with this one. I am sitting here, writing my review and watching TV, with one wrist up to my nose every other minute or so. I love the almost smoldering grown up vanilla. The powdery aspect adds to the smoothness. I feel like sitting on a cloud of cotton candy, not a too sweet of a treat, but still yummy and fluffy. Lasting power is, like most Jil Sander frags, not the greatest. Even with shower gel, lotion and the juice applied together, I get barely 3 hours out of it, which I only graciously forgive if the scent is at least an A. Jil is an A+, so I totally forgive her the shortcoming in that sector. I absolutely love her!

peppery and sweet
JIL seems very peppery modern and rather sweet perfume of a great quality. Reminds me a lot of Maubousin (femme)edp. I can detect a strong musk along with woods which make this one very feminine. My first Jil Sander perfume bough blindly and I like it a lot. The sillage and longevity both above average.

by Villarouge
by Meinhardis
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Jil Sander

Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sensations (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Eve by Jil Sander Jil (2009) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sander for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander Sensual Jil by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sport for Women by Jil Sander Pure by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander