Nº 4 (1990)Eau de Parfum

Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt

Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 1990. The scent is spicy-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Lancaster.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesAniseed, Bergamot, Galbanum, Geranium, Peach, Plum, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesTarragon, Carnation, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Nutmeg, Myrrh, Tuberose, Violet, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Coriander, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Cedar, Civet

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.07.2020.

Femininity at its finest
One of my "everymen." Just like Giorgio Beverly Hills is a "time machine" fragrance. But here it becomes much more erotic. Jil Sander No 4 has a lot to offer. Apart from a mega-silage it surprises with spices but not in the herbaceous direction. No - here you get warm from sniffing. I think that the colour is a perfect match for the fragrance. Golden, almost amber The younger generation should also give the ingenious attractant a chance. Not everything the "old aunts" wear is oldschool. I constantly get positive feedback from my much younger colleagues at work. As already written in the title line, No.4 is pure femininity and absolute joy of life.
Dark weather and daydreams
You can't rely on the weather forecast.
Puhhh ,dark ,cold and wet , instead of bright sunshine , as indicated!
My cat lady joins me, also seeking warmth, she pushes me almost from the
Heating pad , which is this annoying
Sciatica pain.
My mood is on the ground and the grip
in my perfume drawer should supportive
Therapy.
Oh, my beloved JIL!
One of my first perfumes that not only after
Patchouli smelled... but a wonderful bouquet of
Aromas offers.
Well, the '70s...
I spray up and a wonderful experience surrounds me...
Welcome to our flower shop, our gardening shop Glänz..und Tiegel.
Wow,decorated glittering floating glass tables.
A sea of various flowers on you
The fragrance is a fairy tale..tender and bloomy.
Spicy and fancy flashing ingredients
Small elves are in the process of binding wreaths... even with the prettiest flowers in blonde curly hair..
The fragrance is fresh and sweet to vanilla...these are very young elfs...who garland these flowers in winds..
White jasmine and blue violets. .. Carnations, and the most wonderful fragrant roses...
At the next table the somewhat more mature elves, the woods and selected spices distribute and also spice bunches with the finest aromas
Weaving into the floating scent works... also fruits, which jump in the Ringelrein into this work of art, peach and plums ... Spices anise and tarragon
and then by magic...
suitable smell / taste refiners follow like the vain Tonka and the somewhat rough cedar.
Everything finds its place, is arranged back and forth
And the little elves with their cute little curls
Jumping happily along.. stupfen themselves and float through the smell animated laughing also mischief.
Hach, I'm trying to catch one, soool sweet and
these oh so soft little curls...
Ouch... ouch
Bite little elves?
Ohhh man .. my Selene looks at me indignantly, sits on my belly and was probably wrongly verwuschelt by me as an elf ...
I apologized for her. I got her in
Lunch nap probably disturbed .. grins
I trace the beautiful dream...
And judging by the purring of Selene,
She's not angry with me anymore!

My dream magic scent has worked wonders,
my back is also better due to the relaxation.

Flamboyant like me
So today I put on Jil Sander No 4, the whole nine yards: Shower gel, body lotion and the juice. Took my shower this morning at 6:20 am. Now it's almost 5:00 pm and the smell is still lovely and noticeable. In fact, the longer I wore No 4 today, the more beautiful the fragrance became. With a lot of Jil Sander frags, most of them I absolutely adore by the way, you have to reapply quite a bit. This darling however is like the energizer bunny: She keeps going, and going and going. Strangely I could swear I detect honey, but there is no honey listed in the notes. Maybe it is the plum, being sweeter than I would have expected? Whatever it is, she is truly spectacular and I really love her. So far none of the Jil Sander fragrances I have tried have disappointed me, and No 4 will also always, ALWAYS have a place in my heart and my drawer.

An exercise in luxury.
In No 4. by Jil Sander, Michel Almairac manages to create a Tuberose heavy fragrance that sits luxuriously between the sillage bombs of the 80's ( Poison, Giorgio, Lou Lou) and the more sparkling Tuberoses of the noughties (Carnal Flower, Michael Kors, Beyond Love). No4. is, admittedly, in very good company. The fantastic Blonde is from this era, as are other wonderful tuberoses like Organza and Amarige, and a little later the fabulous Fragile, to name but a few. It does, however, seem to rise above those ... placing itself firmly in one's senses by being unforgettable!

The intoxicating 'precious flower' has woven her mighty spell through the near history of perfumery ever since Germaine Cellier concocted Fracas, that Tuberose by which all others seem to be measured.
This Jil Sander version seems to have a slight 80's hangover, but at the same time appears to be reaching into the future to try and draw from the ether what it perhaps could be. The opening blast is rather succulent … a melange of spicy powder and plump juicy fruits, sharpened a little with citrus and deepened with rose. One might think that such a glorious top may deliver an anti-climax further on, but it doesn't. The Tuberose here awakens triumphantly … the other notes bowing to her royalty as she is followed by her ladies-in-waiting, Jasmine and Ylang Ylang. Her depth and breadth are all encompassing as she rises regally above her minions.
I do tend to get carried away by this note … suffice it to say that the Tuberose in Jil Sander no4. is everything one expects it to be, and more! The dry down here is a wonderfully solid base of Sandalwood, Vanilla and Musk. Now, I'm not usually a Musk fan, but it's delicate and somewhat old fashioned here … exceptionally unlike that nouveau horror White Musk. I realize that Musk these days is synthetic and it probably is in this fragrance too … it does, however, enhance without overpowering. Civet is listed in the note pyramid, as well as Cedar, Oakmoss and Patchouli. I find no.4 so well blended, that these notes, some of which are usually heavy hitters, simply support without intruding.

As a designer, Jil Sander was known for her minimalist aesthetic at a time when fashion was generally over the top. This fragrance seems to be more of a parallel with her use of luxurious fabrics, rather than the quietly elegant lines of her clothing. It's a great pity that this gorgeous Tuberose has been discontinued (I was lucky enough to find a bottle on Ebay that didn't cost the earth) … it's truly beautiful, and without a doubt ahead of its time.

Classic Chypre and gourmand scent
It is so elegant ,warm and feminine!!This is a chypre-gourmand quality perfume!
I have a bottle of this and i treasure...rose,plum,anise and galbanum..at top notes ,the opening is sweet floral and sharp ..warmness is deeper when its floral notes of heart strengthen up while myrrh and nutmeg start to unfold more sweetness and creaminess.. ..
Base notes of tonka bean ,coriander,vanilla ,oak moss,sandal,civet ,patchouli give the scent an unusual and unique silage and longevity..one of the best!

by Zora
by Zora
..... es war einmal.... eine Sandburg
by Blödel
Miniatur
by Gandix
Für die, die lieber Farbe mögen
by Gandix
by EvaK
by Sabi
by Sabi

Popular Jil Sander

Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Woman III (1986) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (1989) / Feeling Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Absolute by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Sport Water by Jil Sander Bath & Beauty (1981) by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Jil (1997) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sensations (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander Woman Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Jil Sander Jil (2009) by Jil Sander Woman Two by Jil Sander