Sensations (2000)

Sensations by Jil Sander

Sensations is a perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 2000. The scent is powdery-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesDeadnettle
Heart Notes Heart NotesMilk, Grain
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Woods

Submitted by Schnuffi, last update on 13.04.2019

10.0 5.0 8.0 5.5/10

Changed scent pyramid?
The fragrance has apparently been completely reformulated. On the current website of Jil Sander is mentioned as a fragrance pyramid: Head: mandarin, raspberry, bergamot; heart: jasmine, orange blossom; base: (not specified). Since the flowing text speaks of an "oriental scent composition of vanilla and a fruity note", the base will probably contain vanilla. It doesn't say anything about nettles, milk or grain. - I still have a miniature with the original scent and have made a comparative trial. "My" earlier version has a somehow "medical", very slightly sharp note (I always have to think about dentist :_) ...), which balances the sweetness and makes the scent individual. The current version only smells pleasantly vanilla-sweet; I would never buy it. Too bad about the scent!!!! I will be extremely economical with my miniature!
8.0 6.0 6.0 10.0/10

Herzensgut
My beloved Sensations...how could you...?
...to reformulate so much? There's no way Jil Sander let that happen, is there? You were my daily companion for years - you creamy drop in a milky bottle...always gave me a feeling of well-being and made me feel like a lady. I used to get compliments for you all the time. I was so happy with you... then came a long pause...
Now I wanted you back with me, to feel safe with you- BUT- I'm frankly totally desperate about how they cut you- how they took away your depth and long-lasting warmth.
Even if you are unspectacular for some, you have been something very special. I loved you forever - without you nothing would work!
Now there is you only as lukewarm breeze - a reformulated Eau de Toilette ... not even an Eau de Parfum I can get from you.
There was and is no comparable fragrance.
I'm super sad, desperate and angry that Jil just left you to Coty and your destiny.
6.0 6.0 6.0 9.5/10

Security in the flacon
Already the first time I tested this fragrance I was afraid, directly from the nose to the brain, department early childhood memories, sigh.
It awakens memories of the lovingly spooned porridge that had to get by with only a few ingredients in order not to overtax the delicate palate. one spoon for mummy, one for daddy, curious hands test it comfortably warm beautiful smeary and sticky.

Of course, I can't take it anymore
but remember in such a way he must have tasted, that tells me at least my inner child, which almost forces me again and again to spray this pleasant gentle scent on As soon as I perceive it switch my synapses immediately to a feeling of security, comfort and relaxation.

So a fragrance has never worked on me and I was surprised myself what fragrances so everything with one can do.
Of course the mush does not stand alone but is still beautifully rounded off in the base with amber musk and woods where I most likely perceive the musk.
The slightly tangy note that lasts relatively long is probably due to the nettle flower, no idea how it should smell.

The durability is mediocre at me about 4 hours and the Sillage rather close to the body but that fits well to the statement of the fragrance. The bottle is simple, not very stable and does not knock me down now.
All in all a soft round fragrance without corners and edges which I like to wear when I
After a gentle veil of fragrance is with which I feel safe.
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Ode to Silence
The ambivalence of life is also reflected in my fragrance preferences. Sometimes I like it loud and I love my Knowing, Coco or Jil Sander No. 4.
But on some days I don't like being on others' noses and prefer quiet tones. Then I want to be invisible or unscentable?
That's why my hand led me very purposefully to Sensations this morning. Aahhh, long my favorite daily companion for office. Long before perfume. Sizzle..... I can already see this pleasantly cuddly something. Is it the nettle flower? I don't know how it's supposed to smell. But Sensations envelops me. I'm comfortable. AAhhhh, mmhhhh, everything's fine. No trace of hectic (oh miracle and it's just before eight and I really have to go now!!!) He has such a gentle nature, has a decelerating, calming, balancing effect on me - and that with a high degree of coffee abuse in hectic and nervous predisposition! I can't believe this. There's no way that scent could get on anyone's nerves. He waves milky and woody around me, as it were, with a pleasant (not too strong) sweetness. Schööööön.

Meanwhile I am in the office - of course with a blatant delay. And I still perceive it discreetly. The shelf life of creamed skin is approx. 6 hours. If you want more, moisten your hair or clothes with the gentle mist.

Other scents cause sensations, because sensations lack projection and assertiveness.

It is neither spectacular nor outstanding.

But aren't we?

Just normal mediocrity, but nevertheless or precisely for that reason WALLY BEAUTIFUL.

...ridden by the devil?
...what was it that led me to buy this fragrance? Actually the devil or just not waiting for the fragrance to develop? Was first enthusiastic...admit , had already tried out a lot of "stuff on the day, sensations seemed to me pleasantly different, head note very pleasant,, then known, homey ... at home ... oh, dear, Something is killing me now ... is something unpleasant ... I get nauseous easily ....whether it goes better in autumn winter?...whether I absolutely have to get rid of it again?...I don't know...what remains on the back of my hand even after the shower, I don't like at all, smells strangely soapy...what a pity...try not to give it up yet...

Helpful Review
Lacks the Sander creaminess I love
I snagged an almost full 70ml bottle for under $30 in the winter, because I couldn't let it pass me by, but I am honestly glad that I didn't pay more. It is okay, but it doesn't get me over the moon like so many other Jil Sander frags. I starts out too spicy for me, and it turns very musky after a little while. I will try it a few more times under different weather conditions, maybe it will turn into love after all.
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Sensual Sensations
Often described as cosy, milky and warm. The pyramide tells us about milk, cereals and warm woods. Unlike many other reviewers, I can't find the milk nor the cereals. But I do smell a bit of musk and vanilla on a sheer, slightly oriental base. Cacharel's discontinued "Gloria" was a perfume which I thought of when wearing "Sensations" today. This perfume is not sensational, but has an air of belonging to the wearer. No outright seducer, but quite "sensual" in a quiet, beautiful way. Autumn and winter are "Sensations' " seasonal friends.

by Andreas09
by Ninina
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular Jil Sander

Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sensations by Jil Sander Eve by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Jil (2009) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sander for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Sensual Jil by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Pure by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander Sport for Women by Jil Sander