Sensations (2000) Eau de Toilette

Sensations (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander

Sensations (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 2000. The scent is powdery-floral. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesDeadnettle
Heart Notes Heart NotesMilk, Grain
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Woods

Submitted by Schnuffi, last update on 15.08.2019

9.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

DerDefcon
Thank you for being here.
Thanks, Mama! Thank you for being here. I am 24 now, on my way you have accompanied me, always helped me. There are many things I associate with you. There's your warm-heartedness, your gentleness, your sweetness when you comforted me when evil mathematics played a trick on me in the class test, when I only took second instead of first place in judo, or when I lost to Grandpa in chess over and over again at the age of eight. Remember that? I just couldn't beat him.
But there would also be your sense of tact, because you recognize the time when it is called to be present, but you also have the feeling to know when you can let me do it, when you would rather observe everything from a certain distance. And even if you let me do it and let me do it today, you were and are always there.

I wrote that there were so many things I associate with you. One I'd like to highlight. Something very important to me, something I associate with memories.

It's your scent that's been with me since I was five. Were you one of the first people to buy him then?
Maybe.
Has it been changed, for example, so that much of what I absolutely want to get rid of right away no longer applies at all? Maybe.
If the worst has happened, accept all my writings, even if you may not read them, for you have not changed, they will not. I know that, I feel that. Everything I wrote above will still apply to you many years later. Please let it be as many as possible.

Even if this scent that makes you so special has changed as I was told more and more, I draw from what I remember. I draw from my knowledge what this scent might have been like once. This knowledge, this memory will always be there. That's not something I'll forget. But I ignore the new, the changed, because it would be difficult for me to connect that with you. No, I wouldn't want it either. It is the familiar I have been associating with you since earlier days - reminding me of my childhood.

You don't wear it in every situation, not every day, not every hour. Even after all these years, soon there will be twenty of them, it has remained something special for you. Sometimes it even happens that you don't wear it for a few weeks. But that doesn't matter, because as soon as you let it decorate your skin after those weeks, it seems as if you never took it off.
You're not as crazy as I am, you don't order bottlings, you don't have different scents for all four seasons and you don't deal with scents. But you don't have to either, because you know what you have with this small, round sensation, which in the beginning knows how to shine so easily, so floridly, even a little sweetly. It never bothers me or gets on my nerves. It's never exhausting.

Then comes the one without which you would never take your coffee. You know what I'm talking about.

The milk - for you your everyday coffee additive - makes this sweet-sweet nettle flower creamy. At the same time, a somewhat dry, aromatic element, perhaps also with a strawy note, is used. I can hardly really describe grain in its smell, but in the end we both know what it smells like, don't we?

The perfect snugness follows at the end, but already in the beginning it slightly swung along, somehow always announced itself, only to finally extend her arms and embrace you, your surroundings, and above all me. This already beautiful, so creamy, somehow strawy flower now acquires a warm musk sweetness - no - no sweaty musk, no animal. That's not like you at all, Mama.

And then there's the amber, who ensnares this warm sweetness with powderiness. So everything comes together and
that's all it takes, isn't it?

There's only one thing I can say:

Warm-hearted, gentle and sweet you are, never loud, never screaming, happy in the background, but always there.
Thank you. I'll take care of it.
Thank you for being here.
6.0 5.0 6.0 6.0/10

Marilyn25
Nothing half and nothing whole
This fragrance smells nice, no question about it, but it lacks the special, the certain something that distinguishes it. Nothing beguiling, nothing sexy, just nice and a little boring. I'm a little disappointed. This fragrance starts promisingly with a sweetish note, but after two minutes it fades away and a meaningless floral all sorts remain. There are much better flowery scents. Just think of Chloé. This scent tears nothing. Yawn. I liked Softly by Jil Sander very much (the mint green one). The Sillage is quite weak, so you can wear this fragrance on any occasion and in the office if you want. As a character this fragrance would be a young woman brand wallflower/grey mouse. If you want to attract attention, I recommend Dior Addict or La Nuit Trésor from Lancôme. Sensations and I don't become friends.
9.0 3.0 3.0 6.5/10

Just there
Yeah, that's what I thought. My sample contains the reformulated scent. Too bad. I had been very much looking forward to the promised notes, to rice pudding, childhood memories, moments of well-being. But what I smell is first very fruity-sour, "green apple", shampoo. Stinging. Artificial. Green.

On flaconi.de a new fragrance pyramid is specified, which reads as follows:

Top notes: Nettle flower, raspberry, bergamot
Heart notes: vanilla, orange blossom, jasmine
Base notes: tonka bean, amber, cedar

And I think so, too. The raspberry in the top note seems to be very dominant and responsible for the apple shampoo impression. The rest is a standard drugstore floret office scent, somehow not good, but not even so annoying that I have to wash it off. Just there. I perceive vanilla only minimally - the scent is really mainly sour-fruity.
It's funny.
You must have been a special scent, huh? Exactly the right amount of beige, colourless, skin-coloured, that you can snuggle up to your wearer without becoming insignificant.
The way you are now, I can't even dislike you, because you're okay, but still nothing that I remotely like.
Is that why you took off so fast? So shy, so intimidated because you know you're not what you used to be? After twenty minutes you are already very closely and I must go look for you on my arm.
Hmm. Maybe you could have been with us if they hadn't screwed you up. But so you are only a lot of loud, sour fruit and then only a breath - no more rice pudding, no more feeling good, no more coming home, no more cuddling, no more comforting.
Just there.
10.0 5.0 8.0 5.5/10

Changed scent pyramid?
The fragrance has apparently been completely reformulated. On the current website of Jil Sander is mentioned as a fragrance pyramid: Head: mandarin, raspberry, bergamot; heart: jasmine, orange blossom; base: (not specified). Since the flowing text speaks of an "oriental scent composition of vanilla and a fruity note", the base will probably contain vanilla. It doesn't say anything about nettles, milk or grain. - I still have a miniature with the original scent and have made a comparative trial. "My" earlier version has a somehow "medical", very slightly sharp note (I always have to think about dentist :_) ...), which balances the sweetness and makes the scent individual. The current version only smells pleasantly vanilla-sweet; I would never buy it. Too bad about the scent!!!! I will be extremely economical with my miniature!
8.0 6.0 6.0 10.0/10

Herzensgut
My beloved Sensations...how could you...?
...to reformulate so much? There's no way Jil Sander let that happen, is there? You were my daily companion for years - you creamy drop in a milky bottle...always gave me a feeling of well-being and made me feel like a lady. I used to get compliments for you all the time. I was so happy with you... then came a long pause...
Now I wanted you back with me, to feel safe with you- BUT- I'm frankly totally desperate about how they cut you- how they took away your depth and long-lasting warmth.
Even if you are unspectacular for some, you have been something very special. I loved you forever - without you nothing would work!
Now there is you only as lukewarm breeze - a reformulated Eau de Toilette ... not even an Eau de Parfum I can get from you.
There was and is no comparable fragrance.
I'm super sad, desperate and angry that Jil just left you to Coty and your destiny.
6.0 6.0 6.0 9.5/10

Security in the flacon
Already the first time I tested this fragrance I was afraid, directly from the nose to the brain, department early childhood memories, sigh.
It awakens memories of the lovingly spooned porridge that had to get by with only a few ingredients in order not to overtax the delicate palate. one spoon for mummy, one for daddy, curious hands test it comfortably warm beautiful smeary and sticky.

Of course, I can't take it anymore
but remember in such a way he must have tasted, that tells me at least my inner child, which almost forces me again and again to spray this pleasant gentle scent on As soon as I perceive it switch my synapses immediately to a feeling of security, comfort and relaxation.

So a fragrance has never worked on me and I was surprised myself what fragrances so everything with one can do.
Of course the mush does not stand alone but is still beautifully rounded off in the base with amber musk and woods where I most likely perceive the musk.
The slightly tangy note that lasts relatively long is probably due to the nettle flower, no idea how it should smell.

The durability is mediocre at me about 4 hours and the Sillage rather close to the body but that fits well to the statement of the fragrance. The bottle is simple, not very stable and does not knock me down now.
All in all a soft round fragrance without corners and edges which I like to wear when I
After a gentle veil of fragrance is with which I feel safe.
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Ode to Silence
The ambivalence of life is also reflected in my fragrance preferences. Sometimes I like it loud and I love my Knowing, Coco or Jil Sander No. 4.
But on some days I don't like being on others' noses and prefer quiet tones. Then I want to be invisible or unscentable?
That's why my hand led me very purposefully to Sensations this morning. Aahhh, long my favorite daily companion for office. Long before perfume. Sizzle..... I can already see this pleasantly cuddly something. Is it the nettle flower? I don't know how it's supposed to smell. But Sensations envelops me. I'm comfortable. AAhhhh, mmhhhh, everything's fine. No trace of hectic (oh miracle and it's just before eight and I really have to go now!!!) He has such a gentle nature, has a decelerating, calming, balancing effect on me - and that with a high degree of coffee abuse in hectic and nervous predisposition! I can't believe this. There's no way that scent could get on anyone's nerves. He waves milky and woody around me, as it were, with a pleasant (not too strong) sweetness. Schööööön.

Meanwhile I am in the office - of course with a blatant delay. And I still perceive it discreetly. The shelf life of creamed skin is approx. 6 hours. If you want more, moisten your hair or clothes with the gentle mist.

Other scents cause sensations, because sensations lack projection and assertiveness.

It is neither spectacular nor outstanding.

But aren't we?

Just normal mediocrity, but nevertheless or precisely for that reason WALLY BEAUTIFUL.

...ridden by the devil?
...what was it that led me to buy this fragrance? Actually the devil or just not waiting for the fragrance to develop? Was first enthusiastic...admit , had already tried out a lot of "stuff on the day, sensations seemed to me pleasantly different, head note very pleasant,, then known, homey ... at home ... oh, dear, Something is killing me now ... is something unpleasant ... I get nauseous easily ....whether it goes better in autumn winter?...whether I absolutely have to get rid of it again?...I don't know...what remains on the back of my hand even after the shower, I don't like at all, smells strangely soapy...what a pity...try not to give it up yet...

Helpful Review
Lacks the Sander creaminess I love
I snagged an almost full 70ml bottle for under $30 in the winter, because I couldn't let it pass me by, but I am honestly glad that I didn't pay more. It is okay, but it doesn't get me over the moon like so many other Jil Sander frags. I starts out too spicy for me, and it turns very musky after a little while. I will try it a few more times under different weather conditions, maybe it will turn into love after all.
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Sensual Sensations
Often described as cosy, milky and warm. The pyramide tells us about milk, cereals and warm woods. Unlike many other reviewers, I can't find the milk nor the cereals. But I do smell a bit of musk and vanilla on a sheer, slightly oriental base. Cacharel's discontinued "Gloria" was a perfume which I thought of when wearing "Sensations" today. This perfume is not sensational, but has an air of belonging to the wearer. No outright seducer, but quite "sensual" in a quiet, beautiful way. Autumn and winter are "Sensations' " seasonal friends.

by Andreas09
by Andreas09
Zwischen Sonnenschein...
by Herzensgut
by Ginger
...und Regen liegt manchmal nur ein Wimpernschlag!
by Herzensgut
by Ninina
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular Jil Sander

Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sensations (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Eve by Jil Sander Jil (2009) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sander for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander Sensual Jil by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sport for Women by Jil Sander Pure by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander