Sport for Women (2005)

Sport for Women by Jil Sander

Sport for Women is a perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 2005. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Ginger, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesPeony, Pink freesia, Blackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesPeach, Sandalwood, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.03.2019

9.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

I don't get it
Well, I really don't understand that smell. I have tried it again and again for years (because unfortunately I still have a well-filled bottle here). Apple, mandarin, rose, freesia, peach - that sounds really good! Where's all that? From start to finish and from front to back I smell only a smoky, somehow sweetened men's shower gel. No fresh notes, nothing fruity, nothing, instead a pompous shelf life. In the morning at eight a mini sprayer in the neck, and I still smell it in the evening at seven around my head. Even after the shower, he's not gone. The shelf life is, so to speak, one of a kind, or: It sticks to me like poison. Refrain: I don't understand it. It cannot be cedar and sandalwood; this is also contained in other fragrances, which I like very much. Where does the smoky, sticky men's shower gel sweet come from? Chorus: ... Anyway, he's coming down to the basement for now. There's probably a pot-bellied men's cigar hidden in there.

Helpful Review
Not a typical Jil Sander fragrance
Of all the Jil Sander frags that I love and own this is my least favorite. It is not a typical Jil Sander scent, which usually comes with this awesome vanilla undertone that I absolutely love. Well, I guess it wouldn't be a sport fragrance if it did, as the other Sander frags are super feminine and warm. But if I like to wear a sporty, fresh scent I prefer Intrusion by Oscar de la Renta, Shi by Alfred Sung, or Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana. It is most likely the only Jil Sander fragrance that I will phase out of my collection ones I used it up, and me being an absolute Sander fan, that means something. It doesn't smell bad, but there are better sporty frags out there with better projection and longevity. So this gets a like, but not a love like my other Sander babies, even though the overload of freshness subsides after a few hours, and a faint whiff of the all so familiar Jil Sander smoothness comes through, but almost too late to safe the day.

by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by Odinia
by Odinia

Popular Jil Sander

Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sensations by Jil Sander Eve by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Jil (2009) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sander for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Sensual Jil by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Pure by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander Sport for Women by Jil Sander