Sport for Women (2005)

Sport for Women by Jil Sander

Sport for Women is a perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 2005. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Ginger, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesPeony, Pink freesia, Blackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesPeach, Sandalwood, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 30.07.2019

3.0 4.0 6.0 7.5/10

DonJuanDeCat
Sweating and smelling good??
Hey, guys, how are you doing? I know it's summer, it's hot and the heat is annoying, but at the moment the weather is rather pleasant again instead of being hellishly hot. I hope that you are well and that you feel like reading a new commi from me :))

Today we are talking about a fragrance that, like the entire brand itself, is probably underestimated a little, namely Sport for Women by Jil Sander. Jil Sander is one of those brands anyway, where I think you get a lot of scent for very little money, because this brand has some really nice scents to offer.

So, I know that all the "Sport" fragrances have a rather bad image, because many of them actually never smell as good as the original fragrance (Example: Dior Homme Sport, especially the latest, baaah! Is of course only my opinion, but still baaah!). But there are exceptions like Chanel's Allure Homme, who is even supposed to be a "Panty Dropper" (by the way, that's so not true... here GAR drops NOTHING!!!) Or probably with me again nothing *sigh* :((( Or just this smell here, which I found quite nice, even if it should be nothing special now. But it is one of those fragrances that you could easily use in summer to smell nice.

The fragrance:
At first I smell general, citric notes that quickly crystallize as the mandarins. I smell apples less, but soon a somewhat rosy scent comes towards me. In the background, the fragrance has slightly sweet and powdery notes, which should also come from currants. So for a little while the fragrance remains fresh and fruity before it begins to become even more floral towards the base, where you can smell roses and especially freesias. As always, the freesias have a slightly stuffy aura for me, but first of all I don't find this so bad with this scent and secondly you will certainly like this flowery note much better than me!
And in principle, the fragrance stays that way. So in the end the citric scents are mostly gone, the sweetness of the scent a little weaker and the scent remains fluffy until the end.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage has turned out quite weakly, so that one could not smell the smell necessarily immediately at one. So you have to get pretty close here. The shelf life is about six hours, whereby the fragrance becomes considerably weaker with every hour until hardly anything remains on the skin.

The bottle:
Jil Sander may have some nice bottles, but the bottle of this fragrance is for me one of the most boring bottles I know. It is simply cylindrical, clear and has the name of the fragrance printed on it in pink. And that's it, too. Everything very simple and we said very boring, but at least he lies well in the hand.

Sooo! Well, I don't think this scent is bad. It is one of those fragrances that you could simply use in summer, when you want some variety, for example, or a cheap fragrance for a small holiday or just something like that. It may not be special, but it doesn't hurt, because it's cheap and has a nice scent, so you can spray it without hesitation to get yourself back into it, which is also possible on hot days!

So it's a fragrance that shouldn't be underestimated just because it comes in a terribly boring bottle or because it says sport on it. I wonder if it's a good idea to wear a scent during sports. Sure, if you play billiards or golf, you can also wear scents, but for runners or strength athletes I would recommend a deodorant rather than using a scent, because... you sweat while doing sports, and then surely nobody comes too close to you to sniff at you, right? D
I don't know, but long speech, no sense at all: The scent can be tested :D

And with that I am already finished here again and wish you a nice evening, see you soon :)
6.0 5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Every summer again..
...I get it back - either from people to whom I gave it away or borrowed it in autumn/winter, because every year in the cold I simply can't understand what I've ever found in this scent, or I buy it again.

For 14 years now, since its launch, I've been in love and out of love every year.
What sticks artificially in my nose when it's cold and triggers absolute reluctance in me turns into the ultimate refreshing, deliciously fruity and almost only thirst-quenching summer sunflower companion when it's hot.

Jil Sander Sport replaces me (symbolically) from 25 degrees in the shade drinks, sun cream, outdoor pool visits, shade cookies, cool breezes and the jump by our lawn sprinkler.

More than fresh, fruity, cooling and bittersweet we will probably spend a lot of time together.
Every summer
9.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

I don't get it
Well, I really don't understand that smell. I have tried it again and again for years (because unfortunately I still have a well-filled bottle here). Apple, mandarin, rose, freesia, peach - that sounds really good! Where's all that? From start to finish and from front to back I smell only a smoky, somehow sweetened men's shower gel. No fresh notes, nothing fruity, nothing, instead a pompous shelf life. In the morning at eight a mini sprayer in the neck, and I still smell it in the evening at seven around my head. Even after the shower, he's not gone. The shelf life is, so to speak, one of a kind, or: It sticks to me like poison. Refrain: I don't understand it. It cannot be cedar and sandalwood; this is also contained in other fragrances, which I like very much. Where does the smoky, sticky men's shower gel sweet come from? Chorus: ... Anyway, he's coming down to the basement for now. There's probably a pot-bellied men's cigar hidden in there.

Helpful Review
Not a typical Jil Sander fragrance
Of all the Jil Sander frags that I love and own this is my least favorite. It is not a typical Jil Sander scent, which usually comes with this awesome vanilla undertone that I absolutely love. Well, I guess it wouldn't be a sport fragrance if it did, as the other Sander frags are super feminine and warm. But if I like to wear a sporty, fresh scent I prefer Intrusion by Oscar de la Renta, Shi by Alfred Sung, or Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana. It is most likely the only Jil Sander fragrance that I will phase out of my collection ones I used it up, and me being an absolute Sander fan, that means something. It doesn't smell bad, but there are better sporty frags out there with better projection and longevity. So this gets a like, but not a love like my other Sander babies, even though the overload of freshness subsides after a few hours, and a faint whiff of the all so familiar Jil Sander smoothness comes through, but almost too late to safe the day.

by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by Odinia
by Odinia

Popular Jil Sander

Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sensations (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Eve by Jil Sander Jil (2009) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sander for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander Sensual Jil by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sport for Women by Jil Sander Pure by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander