Strictly Night (2016)

Strictly Night by Jil Sander
Strictly Night (Jil Sander)
Strictly Night (Jil Sander)

Strictly Night is a popular perfume by Jil Sander for men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesBlack pepper, Pepperwood™, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesNutmeg, Cardamom, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Patchouli, Tonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 13.11.2018

The face of the advertising campaign is the Canadian model Milan Krouzil, photographed by Josh Olins.

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
I'd rather carry you during the day
Since a few months Strictly Night is in my possession and since that time I have dealt with the fragrance.
It surprises me a little that here is only a comment to the smell, it is nevertheless already well 2 years ago published.
Perhaps it is because the expectations of Jil Sander's fragrances have been disappointed all too often in recent years and the confidence in the new releases is no longer so great. But there weren't any really great hits either.

In this case I would like to say that it is worth a closer look, even if it shows some weaknesses, which I don't want to hide either.
First and foremost, Strictly Night is a beautifully made scent suitable for everyday use, with which you certainly won't attract attention unpleasantly.
The scent starts very tasty spicy, good peppery but not pungent, in addition a light sweetness, which does not have a killing effect. That triggers some flight reflexes. I clearly perceive nutmeg (I mention da Cacharel pour l´Homme, where the nutmeg note is even clearer and even more beautiful) and some cardamom, which has been used in fragrances for some time, almost wasteful. But I guess it's still going very well. Lavender has been used very sparingly, I don't really notice it at all.
The base notes all remain very subtle, they only set a few accents and don't stand out unpleasantly. A too complex course is not actually present, the smell does not change particularly. The peppery tone is preserved all the time.

The name Strictly Night is, in my opinion, a little unfortunate, because I see its application rather during the day. At work he cuts a good figure, he doesn't fill whole halls and stays body-hugging. Colleagues are also not bothered with extreme scent clouds.
In your spare time, Strictly Night (or better Day?) is also a pleasant and uncomplicated companion, which does not have a disturbing effect. For nights in the club or on the dance floor I can hardly imagine him, because he is too serious and unagitated. And has too little stamina.

And that already leads us to the big But.
The durability is unfortunately not so splendid, after approx. 4 hours is end with the smell pleasure, it is not loud from the outset and retreats very fast ever more. That's a shame.

And the not too pronounced presence is also a disadvantage, I would have wished for a few more turns. I hardly notice the scent myself after about 2 hours, even if it is still there.
I always take the bottle with me to work and spray after.
Since the course remains quite linear, it is not such a big problem to start again from the beginning.
But it's not supposed to be the point. Of course I don't expect a fragrance that lasts from morning till night with the same strength, but it can be a little bit more of everything.

The bottle is as simple as it is beautiful, I like the colour very much and also the 80 ml size still lies well in the hand. The spray head is also very good and sprays exactly and without spilling.

My conclusion:

The fragrance itself is well done and I can recommend it. For the coming autumn, when it is getting a bit cooler again, it is perfectly suitable. Today worn at a little over 20 degrees, I also felt very comfortable. I didn't test it at over 25 degrees The not so good durability and presence also play a big role and one should let this flow into his considerations. I still enjoy the fragrance, but I don't know if I will buy it again.

That was once more my rather sober point of view to a fragrance :-)
I wish you all happy smells!

• by Benito0607 by Benito0607
  • by NasiGoreng by NasiGoreng

Popular Jil Sander

Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Eve by Jil Sander Sensations by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Jil (2009) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sander for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander Sensual Jil by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander Sport for Women by Jil Sander Evergreen by Jil Sander Pure by Jil Sander