Style Pastels Blush Pink (2008)

Style Pastels Blush Pink by Jil Sander

Style Pastels Blush Pink is a limited perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 2008. The scent is powdery-floral. The production was apparently discontinued. Limited Edition

Ambergris, Heliotrope, Neroli, Violet

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 06.05.2018.

10.0 5.0 5.0 4.0/10

Consistent with the Concept of Pastel
I really love the packaging and bottles of the Jill Sander Style Pastels collection. Happily, the designer had the good sense to use not true pastels but green, yellow, and pink pastels to which a touch black was added, thus producing hues that just manage to participate in the oh-so-trendy palette which has held sway among fashionable folks for quite some time now and which I noticed just the other night was used in Michelangelo Antonioni's 1964 film "ll deserto rosso" in a brilliant presentation of industrial waste as aesthetically breathtaking. By now, of course, this palette has insinuated itself in the consciousness of hoi polloi and is everywhere on display. You know what I'm talking about: one woman I recall referred to the über-trendy green of this palette as “snot green,” and anyone who has suffered one of those horrible pneumonia-like flus in the midst of winter knows that she speaks the truth. But I digress...

The bottles of the Style Pastels collection are geometrically perfect. They line up in a trio to produce a multiply interpretable sculpture of sorts. The vessels themselves appear to be made of a hard plastic which has been covered with a matte ceramic facsimile. In fact, upon clinking it emerges that only the caps are plastic (though still hefty)--the bottles clink when clicked, so they are actually constructed of glass. Anyway, I love the texture and the overall effect. Even the boxes are beautiful. Sadly, the only thing that I'm not entirely crazy about are the contents.

BLUSH PINK, in particular, is not a very appealing perfume to my nose. Each time that I wear it I am reminded of my orthodontist's office back when I was a pre-teen. This is a linear generic floral composition with a decidedly non-perfumic demeanor. It really smells to me like an air freshener or perhaps a “Feminine deodorant spray”. I cannot say for sure in the latter case, since I've never actually purchased any of that product, but I've smelled plenty of air fresheners in public places and offices such as that of my orthodontist. I finally took a peek at the data on this collection and discovered that the perfumer was Bernard Ellena. What a disappointment this was to learn, as I have truly loved some of his creations. In this case, he appears to have agreed to work with the pastel concept, and the results were perhaps predictable.

by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular Jil Sander

Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (1989) / Feeling Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Woman III (1986) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Absolute by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Sport Water by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Man Two / Men Two (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Bath & Beauty (1981) by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Woman Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander Sensations (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Jil (1997) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Jil Sander