Style Pastels Soft Yellow 2008

Style Pastels Soft Yellow by Jil Sander
Bottle Design Patrick Veillet
Style Pastels Soft Yellow is a limited perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-citrusy. The production was apparently discontinued. Limited Edition

AmbergrisAmbergris
Bitter orangeBitter orange
FreesiaFreesia
Orange blossomOrange blossom
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.12.2020.

Divine
This is my second favorite day time fragrance. The opening is harsh, but it settles into a wonderful creamy and dreamy fragrance in a matter of minutes. Like Sun, this is also one of my man's favorite fragrances. I think I just draw bigger compliments when I wear Lolita Lempicka, which I wear just as an evening fragrance. Unfortunately the lasting power of Pastels Soft Yellow is quite poor on me. But the price is low enough that I can keep on applying it to get the "I feel real good" vibe, and she smells SO DIVINE, that I don't mind carrying her around with me to reapply when needed. I bought several back up bottles of this and of Sun - I never want to be without Jil Sander Sun and Jil Sander Style Pastels Soft Yellow. They are both so up my alley.

Smooth, non-cloying vanilla
I'm not too familiar with Jil Sander as a fragrance house as I've never found her range in Australia, ever. I bought this fragrance blind because I liked the description of creamy vanilla and spiced fruits.

This fragrance opens with a sweet and juicy orange note, and a hint of caramel syrup. It reminds me of Calvin Klein's CK IN2U, as it's a soft scent with citrusy and creamy accords, providing a sensual balance.

Style Pastels Soft Yellow is quite a happy go-lucky scent, which is indeed very yellow and bright. The vanilla note comes and goes; sometimes creamy and sometimes powdery. It's not overwhelmingly unique, but I adore it because of its versatility to be worn in Summer. This is far from being a cloying vanilla.

Despite its softness and brightness, I wouldn't say that this fragrance smells particularly clean on my skin. Freesia often turns to soap on me, but in this instance it does not. Instead it smells foody and feminine all the way through the composition.

The drydown is less sweet than the opening, however the heart is made up of mostly white woods, powdered vanilla and spicy amber. The drydown is a really lovely end to a delicious scent that lingers for hours. It can be a little strong upon the first application, but after a few hours it mellows into something quite intimate. I highly recommend.

Banal Sandalwoodish Scent
For about two minutes I really like Jill Sander Style Pastels SOFT YELLOW: a creamy, almost dreamy sweet woody floriental. Unfortunately, the creaminess swiftly subsides, leaving behind a somewhat boring and familiar-to-the-point-of-being-banal sandalwood-ish scent. There are so many of these around by now, and they seem pretty interchangeable to my nose. This one is an average composition, I'd say, falling somewhere in the mid-range of its class. Certainly not repugnant, and this one happily does not turn sour or smell grotesquely synthetic, but it's also not something that I would reach for before dozens of other significantly more enticing oriental perfumes. Light and inoffensive, SOFT YELLOW is an everyday scent.

Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
A calorie-free orange creamsicle in a bottle! Dreamy!

by DarkMatter
by DarkMatter
by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular Jil Sander

Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Woman III (1986) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (1989) / Feeling Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Absolute by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Woman Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Man Two / Men Two (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Sport Water by Jil Sander Jil (1997) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Woman Two by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum Poudrée Intense) by Jil Sander Jil (2009) by Jil Sander