Style Pastels Tender Green 2008

Style Pastels Tender Green by Jil Sander
Bottle Design Patrick Veillet
Style Pastels Tender Green is a limited perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 2008. The scent is fresh-floral. The production was apparently discontinued. Limited Edition

Bitter orangeBitter orange
JasmineJasmine
MuskMusk
TeaTea

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.12.2020.

Tender or Effete?
I am a real sucker for sets, which explains how I managed to acquire the three Jill Sander Style Pastels edps, despite my veritable aversion for pastels. I also cannot, try though I may, break my Russian roulette perfume-buying habits. For inscrutable reasons, given the low probability of success in this enterprise, I do somehow love so much gambling on new perfumes purchased scent unsniffed, often without even consulting any reviews in advance. These quirky features about me have put me in the position of being qualified to write a review of TENDER GREEN, which it is indeed. But is it really tender, or is it rather watery, in the sense of dilute?

Upon initial application I identified this as a floral green of the clean green laundry variety. Really very clean, and just slightly sweet in the drydown, TENDER GREEN belongs in the category of perfumes for which I reach habitually on my way out the door knowing that they could not possibly offend. These are scents which are intrinsically inoffensive, the downside of which is that they sometimes verge on the insipid.

Case in point: after running errands for a couple of hours, my ability even to perceive TENDER GREEN becomes sketchy, at best, and my guess is that this is not because I've developed a tolerance to the scent. No, it seems simply to have evaporated away. While it lasts, it smells nice: like some kind of organic green laundry product scented with very light and unidentifiable florality. Or, if you like, “abstract” florals (ahem...). In any case, TENDER GREEN really is totally clean while at the same time being green, a bit like rolling on a very sparse patch of seedlings of grass. Of course, you'd kill them all by doing so, which may explain the poor longevity. Next to the mean greens, this one seems something of a weeny to me. But I'll wear it this summer as the tropical weather descends, which it is bound to, eventually, though this week has turned into Wellies fashion week for me (another example of my set obsession—why, oh why, pray tell, do I own three beautiful pairs of Wellies which, yes, I purchased on the very same day? Oh well, they're coming in handy this week thanks to the rain, rain, and more rain. Green leaves abound, though, strewn about the ground and on the branches of the now fully rejuvenated trees, all beautifully illuminated under the silver gray blanket of clouds which might otherwise have induced yet another bout of seasonal affective disorder... But I digress...

Anyone who likes floral greens will find this one wearable, albeit somewhat weak. On the other hand, anyone who finds the mean and the über-greens to be too much, may well appreciate the “tenderness” of this composition. 5.19.11

by Sherapop
by Sherapop
by Delidazo87
by Delidazo87

Popular Jil Sander

Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Woman III (1986) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (1989) / Feeling Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Absolute by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Woman Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Man Two / Men Two (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Jil (1997) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Woman Two by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum Poudrée Intense) by Jil Sander Sport Water by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander