Sun by Jil Sander
Bottle Design: Peter Schmidt

Sun is a perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 1989. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Fruits, Orange blossom, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Heliotrope, Orris root, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Musk, Sandalwood, Styrax, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.08.2019

8.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Jil Sander Sun or Whom the past catches up with
If the past catches up with you...your banner has the colours white, orange and a plain lettering. When they catch up, they love "rounded corners" and sleek edges, smooth surfaces with statement, high gloss and glare colour. Anyone she catches up with can be loud. Loud music, loud colors, loud scents. Mark, don't flower! Not slippers, but high heels that leave their traces in the ground. Screaming instead of whispering, veto instead of subjugating nodding. Heat instead of heat and ... Eighty instead of here and now! And of course Jil Sander Sun!
When my past catches up with me, I see myself in the birth year of this fragrance shortly after my training and in my first permanent job. Blouses with shoulder pads, often unfavourably cut or worn leg dresses and hairstyles beyond good and evil. The radio station brings crazy music with retracting choruses, which echo through the alleys and brain-washing in all boutiques. I see myself with my first perfume in my hand, Joop le Bain, and how blessed I am to admire this golden nectar and the aromas it gives of itself. But there's more. From the same lands comes the opposite. Opaquely veiled, there is a nitro juice slumbering in its housing, which you can only dare to see if you hold it against the light. Nothing leaves room for speculation or even preparation for what lives in it. This juice pretends what Davidoff Cool Water Woman will do to him a few years later: He fills the skies, streets, shops and all transport companies with his breath. Inescapably, it breathes its breath regularly into every corner of every place at spring and summer time. Yellow-white-orange swaths wind energetically and therefore decisively and take possession of everything and everyone. Bergamot and citrus fruits rob everyone of their senses, heavy flower steamships steam through the nose directly into the brain and amber, wood, tonka and lots of vanilla lever the last remnant of reason out of its rational structure. Jil Sander Sun is not just sunshine, it is the direct sun! Right in front of me, hot as a hatter, screaming with energy, devouring like a lava mouth. Helplessly I have to watch my own downfall, seemingly infinite moments where I see myself melting and how my liquids fizz into steam in the bright stove of lights. But if I could hold a mirror in front of my face at this very moment. Just in time, before this also dissolves and says goodbye to the universe with me as nothing of an unimportant existence. What would I see?
I would see a blissfully radiant face. And gratitude. Gratitude for a great fragrance, a fragrance with insufficiently ridiculous copies. Gratitude for sun, summer feeling and bathing fun at the push of a button, good mood and almost kitschy carelessness. And gratitude to be able to relive those very moments whenever I need them, again and again. And they last almost as long as the time!
That's what happens to who the past catches up with! Or Jil Sander Sun...!

Let the Sun shine...
Antidepressant for spraying!
Your heart opens immediately and you just feel safe and happy.
I can't wear such scents in summer heat, so I prefer something fresh, citric-aquatic.
The durability is also bomb, actually with all Jil Sanders, although it is only an EdT, even after showering you can still see it clearly on the skin.
For me no everyday scent but rather for in between as a mood brightener!
7.0 10.0 10.0 8.5/10

Helena1411
Like ice in the sunshine
... who doesn't remember, being part of the opening credits of every movie - the Langnese-Spot! The nuns on the beach, breathing their habit, the slip finger on the style in noses, back or other body parts, the cheeky Pippi Longstocking girl stretching her middle finger, the dog licking on the ice of his mistress dreaming in front of her, the successful experiment of sunlight through a spectacle lens as a bundle of energy, very much to the annoyance of the man affected with his chest hair set on fire, who conjures up water buckets emptied over the head of a sunbathing bikini beauty, ice packs from every imaginable bikini corner, women and men who suck lustfully on their ice cream, surfers, sunscreen and sunglasses! For all children of the 80s the ice cream commercial par excellence! And the epitome of summer moodiness, carefree, frivolous, sweet!
And that's exactly what Jil Sander Sun reminds me of, in the style of the 80s: opulent, powerful and fragrant. This is not about the individual fragrance components, but about the entire fragrance, which captures exactly this summer mood like no other summer fragrance, even 30 years later. If my nose perceives this scent, I will be catapulted into the summer of Langnese advertising, no matter what the actual season, between bath sheets and people scented with sun creams. The summer lightness, paradoxically the sweetish heaviness of the perfume, begins immediately and warms from the inside.
Of course meanwhile an often richly smelled scent, overdosed and mutated to a mass scent of a whole generation, and yet:
Jil Sander Sun remains THE summer fragrance par excellence!
Just as the Langnese advertising remains THE ice-cream advertising par excellence.
Like ice in the sunshine...
8.0 10.0 10.0 7.5/10

The cult summer scent
Summer is just around the corner and I am looking for THE summer scent again. I have tried many now and like to present a small series of them. The beginning is Sun:

I became aware of Sun last summer. When I watched several times how people of both sexes enthusiastically got a bottle of Sun and went to the cash register with it in childlike joy, the reason was enough for me to take a closer look at the scent.

Sun is celebrating its 30th birthday this year and in the meantime has become a success. Hardly anyone who hasn't smelled him before. The fragrance starts with a cloud of sweet flowers and spices spicy warm and heavy. Citrus notes I can't smell, more resinous and Ylang Ylang. This heavy spice loses itself and it then becomes creamy sweet and also milder. So after one hour it is then very soft and reminiscent of warm skin in the sun. The scent doesn't change anymore, but it lasts an enormous 10 hours on the skin - great!

With Sun, Jil Sander has succeeded in making the big litter. With innumerable flanks one tried unsuccessfully to tie up to Sun-Sun remains unrivaled.

You can like Sun, of course you don't have to, but you make a statement with it. He's as cult as Mickey Mouse, Sunny Crocket and the Ray Ban sunglasses. It has been part of summer for 30 years like tomato mozzarella, hugo and grilled sausage. Can you like it or not? But it is also cult and somehow belongs to the summer. So to speak stored in the collective summer memory.
Unfortunately, it belongs to the fragrances that are often brutally overdosed. With it its beautiful charisma is destroyed and it threatens nausea...

This is the first time I've bought a bottle of Sun. I also like tomato mozzarella and hugo. There is better but what the heck, somehow belongs to the summer feeling. For me, the heavy sweet scent is more for the evening. During the day in the office he would be too luxuriant for me and a little bit too sensual. But privately, for going out and at the beach bar he is also suitable for a small budget and simply makes mood- Don't let the Sun go down...

6.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Tuzzifruzzi
After so many years still top!
Douglas' aunt "turned" the smell on me back then. "Is brand new on the market"
I was a complete fan of it, even though I'm not really a vanilla fan. I use it mostly in the summer, that kind of fits. I think it's so fresh but also quite sweet, quite intrusive. I have already been addressed several times, I smell like freshly washed laundry. People want to cuddle up to me. I'll take that as a compliment.
I have often brought this fragrance as a gift. Birthday in the garden, the classic.
Whenever I get it in the offer I take it with me, shower gel and body lotion is of course a must ;-)

Hirondelle
The holy grail of my childhood
I know, the fragrance is judged very ambivalently, you hate it, you love it. I'm with him, I'm with his fans. Someone also wrote that he might be better valued if he was more expensive (and if the bottle was more aesthetic). It was in the nineties, when the scent blew to me every now and then. When we first went with my parents in the Magic Flute in the old Kursaal in Westerland, I took the scent for the first time and would have liked to sneak after it as a little girl. Powdery, warm, cordial. Like the kindergarten teacher you're terribly attached to, like the dearest cuddly toy, like a very elegant lady in an evening dress who was on the beach before the opera in the afternoon (and still smells a bit like Ombia sun cream from Aldi Nord, let's be honest). When I was a teenager and accidentally sniffed at different flacons in a perfumery, I just couldn't believe it: This so beautiful and warm fragrance in such an ollen bottle... Anyway, it was my first perfume I bought. Today I like to wear it from time to time, today I lack something of the complexity, the special course that I tend to look for today. But what the hell, sometimes you just want a bag of Haribo, children's chocolate (childhood memories) or sometimes I just like to wrap myself in a feel-good scent that nostalgically takes me back to this evening of my first opera visit and caresses my soul.
8.0 10.0 10.0 6.0/10

The long runner
2 of the most influential women in my environment called this fragrance your signature fragrance, as well as felt hundreds of other women in my circle of acquaintances. So this one smells like it's been with me my whole life. So I didn't get past this Sun phase either. The end of my teenage years led me to snort this scent off my wife Mama and to wrap myself in this somehow sweet and yet heavy, almost resounding summer scent. However, this love affair ended quickly again, the scent began to annoy me and to crush me with feelings. Today I can hardly bear him. Only one person is known to me in whom the scent harmonizes so wonderfully with the scent of one's own skin that it seems bearable. Otherwise: Bye bye Sun, I'm afraid I smelt so full of you...
10.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

Greatly helpful Review
Still one of Jil's best classics for me!
It must have been over 20 years ago that I tested "Sun" for the first time through my sister.
At that time the fragrance was very present in all fashion magazines, and even then I was fascinated by the white bottle which reminded me of porcelain with the orange lettering "Sun".
At that time it stood out very much for me because of its simple design with a clear statement, namely "Sun" (sun).
To this day, this well-known classic is an integral part of my collection and will probably remain so.
This Eau de Toilette is for me personally one of the great last classics of Jil Sander which, to my knowledge, has not been changed since then.
At least I didn't notice anything about the scent.

It is a homage to the summer, the warm summer sun, the lightness of a beautiful summer day.
Whether on the beach with a view of the sea, or just sitting in the beautiful flower garden where the warm air of a summer day is filled with flowers of our homeland.
Nevertheless, and this is what I find so appealing about Sun, namely that you can wear this perfume just as well in autumn and winter, since it also has oriental spicy notes in the course!
I even think that "Sun" looks good for some men, even if the scent is quite sweet at the beginning...But that's just a side note!

After the application "Sun" first exudes some citric notes which then quickly give their part to the sweet, partly intoxicating scented flowers like carnation and vanilla-powdery scented heliotrope.
Both flowers are the superficially perceptible scents of the heart note together with a clear citric-wine-like scent of rose.
After a few minutes the spicy scents like tonka bean follow quickly, it is sweet-has a rather intense scent of marzipan and remains superficial until the base note.
Amber and benzoin quickly combine with the notes of the heart note to give the fragrance balsamic-warm facets, while slightly bitter-scented musk and styrax add animal-smoky scents.
The base note with all its ingredients clearly play the main role and make this elixir what it is... A complex flowery-spicy Oriental with a sensual aura that is not without reason one of the best and most popular classics of the brand Jil Sander to this day!

I hardly know of any fragrance that has such a recognition value and triggers a true magic in me.
He just reminds me of past times of my youth and especially of the summer with all the beautiful things he has to offer!

Actually it's a pity to see that the reviews here have sunk a bit into the basement..I think this fragrance is just great and oute me once as a fan of this perfume!

The shelf life is good with 5-8 hours.
The Sillage is elevated mediocre.
And the design of the bottle because of its simple appearance and charisma very good!
5.0 7.5 7.5 10.0/10

JetonToni
A (former) happiness hormone therapy in liquid scent form !
Tonight, I'm writing again about Sun by Jil Sander. I delete my previously written article, which I liked very much by the way, and try
to once again show this fragrance my enthusiasm and honor. I've known Sun since the 90s, again and again the "familiar" scent dipped into my nose.
Whether it was a class trip by train, eating ice cream, I often smelled the scent. A classmate smelled so delicious and sweet that I kissed her on the forehead. The fragrance
i was literally drawn to her. Today, I know (with 100% certainty) it was Sun from Jil Sander. Also my teachers wore this "sweet, fruity powdery"
Fragrance. It was like a feeling, as a scent, like something that belonged to them. The scent also radiated its sun rays in winter, but more about that later...

For years I smelled this scent, but I paid little attention to it. Maybe it's because I never asked what smelled so good. But scents forget
we never will. Even decades later you can remember a fragrance when you have it back in your nose. In my nose I had Sun 2006: At that time I sprayed
the scent offered in a set at Douglas. It smelled delicious and pleasant. But again, I ignored the scent. And so it took another year
before I bought it. Not least by the many positive customer reviews from the Internet driven and with the feeling: "He was not so bad nevertheless".

2007, on a hot summer day in August I bought it in the 75 ml version from Müller and was happy: From then on I wore the fragrance for weeks if
not even for months. The sweet, fruity, vanilla, balsamic powdery scent inspired my soul. It was like a saviour, like a comforter full of warmth. I
became obsessed with Sun. Whether falling asleep, going for a walk, etc., the scent was always on my side. It was like "happiness hormone" therapy. Sun accompanied me
on vacation, suitable everywhere. Conscience songs I listen to, I associate with Sun.

At the end of 2007, when it began to get colder, the days shorter and snowy, Sun was my light and my warmth. With this scent I defied the cold.
To walk to work, this fragrance accompanied me on my 30 minute walk, like a shield in the dark. In front of me lay snow, the wind
i saw the windows of the houses and who was awake and who wasn't. At some windows there was light to see, I heard someone showering and
out of a window just ran the morning news.

Then I thought: Would be nice to be nestled in my bed with Sun in this cold weather. Sun is a real cuddly scent. Warm, comforting, versatile:
I am describing my vintage version (bottle 1998) and the 2007 version, which is from the year 2005 (according to batchcode).
The fruity top note is special and distinctive, very different from today's version. At that time there was a special note in it, which I did not use in words
but which has definitely been missing for a decade. Also the heart note is different has a different course and has become more tame much.
The base note is similar for both, I as a connoisseur would even claim that the current Sun consists only of this note. The current Sun I have umpteen times
tried in the drugstore or perfumery.

When spraying on comes a hunch of the Sun fragrance. Lasts then 3-4 hours and is then gone. This 3-4 hours was Sun (Vintage) after a wearing time of 12 hours then
at the end. And even then it smelled much more multi-faceted. Richer and more intense. Today, the fragrance smells like a dupe, like a shallow memory of a wonderful
<font color="#ffff00">-=Klassiker´s=- proudly presents Skeletonized and thinned. The sun is hidden behind clouds. I hope that one day the clouds will move away with it the true warming sun
reappears and warms us with its rays.

My rating refers to the vintage version !
6.0 6.0 6.0 10.0/10

DerRalle
My mama and the sun cream
The scent of the summer of my childhood! What Azzaro Pour Homme is to my father, Sun is to my mother. Meanwhile I even find that the fragrance is very unisex and even looks a bit masculine to me, that's why I like to wear it myself in summer for nostalgic reasons (parents are still both lucky) and because the fragrance is simply beautiful! Men dare you
6.0 8.0 8.0 6.5/10

Love-hate
Do I like him or don't I like him? I can't trust myself. It's a heavy, sweet scent that I would otherwise wear in winter (and have worn in winter). But also in summer when I feel like this fragrance. I love that sweet creaminess on my skin. This fragrance is undoubtedly unmistakable and has already caused the most diverse reactions in my environment. From "Hmmm Delicious Fragrance" to "Poah Skunk" everything was there. And that's exactly how I feel. On the one hand I like this creamy sweet, this often described vanilla sun milk feeling, it envelops me and feels good, on the other hand there are days when the scent really stinks me and crushes me with its heavy and reminds me of a scent of an older lady. One of the few fragrances that have already caused headaches in me and one of the few that I had to wash off. I'm torn and I can't make up my mind. I don't know if I feel that way Is my sense of smell broken on some days?.... then the only thing left for me to do is to clarify whether it smells good or bad for me on the odour-destroyed days
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

KVolteer
The radiation maximum of the sun
This fragrance has its very own attraction. Because similar to the gravitational system of the sun, "Sun" exerts a very special force on me every year.
Just in time for the middle of the year it draws me into a spell of comfort and lets me dance heliocentrically in my own warm universe.
Without the cold sunspots, completely without temperature fluctuations the journey starts and for a few weeks we are inseparable, enter into a symbiosis and form an alliance.
But even before the heavy mix of oranges and vanilla crushes me, I have to part with her.
And so I let the light travel another 9 trillion kilometres until next year, until my dear sun closes me again with a wink in my arms - and I'm looking forward to it
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Always returning summer love
This fragrance has accompanied me for 10 years, it feels like a ray of sunshine every morning (one spray after a shower is enough) and accompanies me throughout the day. After I have worn the fragrance for many months, a certain "tiredness" occurs, when I wear it again after a few weeks, it is always like a rediscovered love. An unmistakable fragrance I wouldn't want to miss.

Germanblonde
Sun - my biggest love affair in a bottle
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Sun. It truly is summer in a bottle and draws a lot of compliments. But I am partial. Jil Sander and Guerlain are my favorite fragrance houses, and Sun is my favorite Jil Sander frag and my signature fragrance. When wearing her a beautiful sunny day on a beach comes to mind, a woman wearing a long, white, laced bohemian dress, walking barefoot in the sand, the wind playing with her long, blonde hair - that is Sun to the T. Perfect for a beautiful bride at a beach wedding. Not a perfume for hot summer days, but days that are warm, beautiful with lots of warm wind, the sun glowing with an orange tint rather than a bright yellow. A great fragrance for the month of August and early September days. Not a crisp or fresh summer fragrance, but one with a romantic, nostalgic feel to it. When I wear Sun, my man can't keep from burying his head in my hair when we snuggle up. You will receive a lot of kisses wearing this beauty. Sun gets us in a romantic mood way faster than any other fragrance I own (and I own over a 100 frags).

I have enough back up bottles of Sun to last me for a long, long time, because if I should ever be out of this beauty with no way to re-purchase, I will pull out my hair in misery.

If I were stranded on an island and allowed to have only one fragrance with me, it would be her. She is so me, so feminine, and so comforting. I could go on and on raving about this beauty. She is my absolute favorite. Me and Sun will be a love affair with no end in sight.

PS: I am sure it is as lovely on brunettes, redheads or short haired gals. To me it just has a feel that it fits to the T on a longhaired blonde. And my hair is not that long, either. It is just a visual perception that comes to mind when I smell this lovely summer scent.

Dankeschön :-) es war Abendsonne/Laternenschein & Bearbeitung - Jenseits der Donnerkuppeldingens :-D
by Seejungfrau
by ChatonNoir
Farbige Smileys für Fresh :)
by Minea
Alles, was ich mag: Süßes, Schnee und Sonnenschein
by Santalwalti
by ElenaN
by ElenaN
Fotorätsel: wer es am schnellsten errät gewinnt eine Abfuellung aus meiner Sammlung. Piepmatz-alias Adlerauge war am schnellsten-Herzliche Gratulation!! Und an Alle: vielen Dank fuers Mitmachen!:-))
by LaVioletta
...der Flakon kann ja nichts dafür, dass er so aussieht.... ;-)
by Santalwalti
by GilGitter
by Nici1993
by Nici1993

Popular Jil Sander

Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sensations (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Eve by Jil Sander Jil (2009) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sander for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander Sensual Jil by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sport for Women by Jil Sander Pure by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander