Sun Delight (2006)

Sun Delight by Jil Sander

Sun Delight is a perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Coty.

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mignonette, Passion fruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesDark chocolate, Frangipani, Vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesWoods, Musk, Cedar

Submitted by Sani, last update on 04.05.2019

8.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Faithful companion
It's been many years since I got to know Jils Sonnenfreude in the cheerful yellow-orange bottle.

It was love on the first nose. This sweet-fruity start that immediately gets a deep side of the dark chocolate, then this soft and warm vanilla, followed by a powdery wooden touch.
An incredibly tasty and durable gourmand for sunny days, warm evenings and hot nights.

I love this fragrance and it has such beautiful facets that fit so many occasions. Beautiful evenings at the lake, lunch with ice cream, romantic walk at sunset.... i have all that in my head when I smell that scent. He is wonderfully warm and cheerful and has been a faithful fragrance companion of mine for many years.

Others come and go, only some stay. But Sun delight has remained for many years and is still worn with pleasure.
A fragrance to feel good.

8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Sunscreen scent
This light vanilla chocolaty scent made me buy the third bottle with body lotion and shower gel today. The whole because my better half regretted that I sprayed the second bottle empty on Saturday in his presence.
Although or maybe because Sun Delight is not a great fragrance, I really like it. It is sunny, light and yet warm, pleasant and uncomplicated.
Sun Delight is unlike his big sister no olfactory Wumser. It comes along rather softly and nevertheless one cannot deny a certain relationship. Sun Delight is neither aquatic nor lemony. This makes it pleasantly different from the usual summer fragrances. Because it doesn't give the typical fresh feeling, it can also be worn on cold autumn days, so it doesn't have to be in the summer box.
Sun Delight starts with Frangipani and Reseda, slightly exotic and attractive, then becomes creamy, soft and gentle. You can't really smell the individual ingredients, the scent is well balanced and has a heart of chocolate. The base is reminiscent of good sun cream and therefore conveys the feeling of sun and beach.
I've been asked a lot about this smell because I like to wear it in the office from time to time. But it is most beautiful on summer evenings outdoors. The shelf life is unfortunately only mediocre, but he already holds out for one evening. With the really very favorable price this is not further bad, the small 30ml bottle can take woman also well
Conclusion: An attractive soft and feminine summer evening companion and compliment catcher. Not a great work of art but easy to wear. Inexpensive and a nice change to the omnipresent citrus scents in summer.

Germanblonde
She bears the right name, a delight indeed
I am a douser, I have to admit. If a fragrance is strong, I douse a LITTLE less, but all in all I wear fragrances for MY gratification, not so much to smell good for others (with the only exception of my significant other, who, for God's sake, loves my perfume addiction.) I don't need to leave a big fume trail behind me, it is not about being noticed. The scent can be close to the skin all day, as long I can smell it and as long as it makes ME happy, that's really what matters to me!

I feel putting on a fragrance just for others (I read the statement that you are not supposed to smell your own fragrance, as this supposed to be a sign of a good perfume), is like going to bed with your partner just for his gratification. So it is just not me, I am way too selfish, so I douse along without much regard for the people around me. SORRY!

But boy oh boy, when I decide to wear Jil Sander Sun Delight, I am SO much more trigger friendly. It reminds me of Pina Colada (and I LOVE Pina Colada) with a touch of vanilla. This is so yummy, I could gnaw on my wrist. Jil Sander Sun is my signature fragrance and my biggest love affair. Sun Delight is like Sun for Fiesta time, a great frag for the poolside. It doesn't have the romantic spin in it like Sun, it is more peppy, outgoing, has a younger vibe to it and is more alluring. Sun feels almost like the older, more grown up sister of Sun Delight. Sun Delight is the more carefree one of them two. Longevity is greater than Sun and many other Jil Sander fragrances (I get 8 - 9 hours out of it without having to re-apply, opposed to round about 4 hour with Sun). I adore both beauties. SIGHT, SIGH, SIGH! Wonderful frags - not only for the summer.
7.0/10

Happy summer nights...
I was so delighted when I got a whiff of this fragrance for the first time!

With few money on my wallet and without a second thought, I decided to make mine this little treasure!
It truly makes me happy from the primarily top notes until the last closing ingredient!

It opens with an intense sweet fruity floral smell until the heart opens..
Thus you feel the delightful combination of vanilla and frangipani with some touch of dark chocolate..
The base turns into a woodsy-musky canvas maintaning the light vanilla oriental aura!

by Ginger
by Sunnyiland
by Nici1993
by Nici1993

Popular Jil Sander

Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sensations by Jil Sander Eve by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Jil (2009) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sander for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Sensual Jil by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Pure by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander Sport for Women by Jil Sander