Sun Delight 2006

Sun Delight by Jil Sander
Sun Delight is a perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Coty.
Scent goes well with Eternity (Eau de Parfum)

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Reseda, Passion fruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesDark chocolate, Frangipani, Vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesWoods, Musk, Cedar

Submitted by Sani, last update on 29.09.2020.

Surprise1908
Sun joy for the whole year:)
This perfume is true sunshine joy for the whole year.
This is how the skin smells after a day at the beach. Of sun, of sea and a lot of delicious and noble sun cream. A gourmand light fragrance with a gentle unobtrusive sweetness.
It is clearly lighter and more pleasing than Jil Sander "Sun". The two fragrances are actually not to be compared with each other, as they go in two completely different directions for my purposes and serve different "nasal needs".
If you wear this fragrance, you involuntarily get a holiday feeling and good mood.
But it is also a good choice as a cuddly scent on cold days.
A fragrance that is also well received by others.
And the winner is...
... Sun Delight! Clear! I was and still am an opponent of Sun, because for my nose it smells like, excuse the expression, like cat pee! *shame* Every now and then I dared to do it and fell on my nose every time. Now I was allowed to, or rather, I discovered Sun Delight. At first I only saw the pyramid of scents, which appealed to me very much and soon I was allowed to smell the fruity, chocolaty and great scent and lo and behold, Sun Delight is definitely meant for my nose and may now join my collection! I would wear it also rather to the warmer days and thus assign it to the summer, but all in all just great!
The best summer perfume
In 2006 I had just finished my training and at that time I had no idea about perfumes and no ambition to wear perfumes every day. The advertising attracted me. However, a few years earlier I had had Jil Sander - Sun, which I first loved and then hated (until today!). But Sun Delight is very much different. Really light and less penetrating than its predecessor. It is my favourite summer perfume, has a recognition value and I still like it very much in 2020. The durability could be better, but hey: it's an EdT. It will remind me of summer for the rest of my life, so I've worn it in winter to get into a different mood. I can smell musk, woods and vanilla, but not the rest. However, this has nothing to say. I am not a fragrance expert and smoke, so my olfactory organ is not able to smell nuances. I'm definitely going to get this perfume again :)
Eaumygosh
My little lucky messenger - holiday memories
- I admit it: I have often been tempted to buy blind. In the big mail order business with the smiling packages, fragrances such as "Sun Delight" are often available for relatively little money. Well well - the "late summer holiday" was just around the corner. It should go to the Baltic Sea, in best September weather. I had to place an order anyway and rummaged again in the category : Beauty. Whenever I travel, I try, if possible, not to pack an expensive scent in my bag or suitcase. Too big is the fear that something will break. Some times I have dared to do so and it always went well, but you don't want to test your luck. While rummaging I stumbled over "Sun Delight". At that time I had no idea how the original "Sun" smells. The bottle, however, looked very summery and the price was more than ok - so I rummaged through the comments here and got fixed. "Sun Delight" was added to the shopping cart in a 30ml bottle and I hoped to have found a suitable holiday scent. When the package arrived 2/3 days later, it was opened immediately. Hach, ordering scents blind is quite an exciting thing. I just wanted to test it as soon as possible.

The small bottle with the gentle colour gradient was quickly freed from the cardboard and the fragrant essence was sprayed onto the back of the hand. First impression: mmm, but it smells pleasant. Like freshly showered skin, which was then pampered with a beautiful body lotion. Clean, creamy, slightly sweet, woody and a knife point of fruit on top. The Fragipani gives it a slightly exotic touch, while the chocolate, in combination with the vanilla, provides a very creamy and pleasant sweetness. With time, the initial discreet fruitiness fades away, but the "freshly showered and creamed with a nice smelling lotion" feeling remains. "Sun Delight" seems rather warm overall, but at no time does it seem pompous. This makes it really suitable for the summer. Especially for mild summer evenings. If you are not a fan of the typical summer scents (i.e. aquatas, citric or fruity-fresh scents in general, delicate floral scents, the typical over-sweetened "punch" scents), you will be delighted with this fragrance. It is wonderfully creamy, cuddly, slightly exotic, subtly woody and pleasantly sweet. Neither fresh, nor excessively heavy - you feel well-groomed. You don't draw a cloud of scent behind you, but it is noticeable - the durability is also ok. After 5/6 hours a delicate creamy touch remains on the skin. Really beautiful. "Sun Delight" was my companion on our Baltic Sea journey at that time. I had no other fragrance in my luggage, only him. So I connect the scent with our holiday at that time and whenever I use it, I feel as if I am standing on the Baltic Sea beach at a tepid 23 degrees again and listening to the sound of the sea, while the fresh breeze lets me perceive a delicate touch of "Sun Delight" every now and then, which I wear on my clothes and skin. A true feel-good fragrance, not only for the summer. Yes, at 35 degrees I prefer to use fragrances like "L'Impératrice" by D&G or "Daisy ESF" by Marc Jacobs. But on more pleasant days "Sun Delight" is often the fragrance of choice and one of my favourite summer scents. If the Corona crisis doesn't throw the travel plans overboard, then this September we'll be heading back to the Baltic Sea and there, too, this fragrance will once again be the first choice for the trip. I look forward to creating even more memories with him
Faithful companion
It's been many years since I got to know Jils Sonnenfreude in the cheerful yellow-orange bottle.

It was love on the first nose. This sweet-fruity start that immediately gets a deep side of the dark chocolate, then this soft and warm vanilla, followed by a powdery wooden touch.
An incredibly tasty and durable gourmand for sunny days, warm evenings and hot nights.

I love this fragrance and it has such beautiful facets that fit so many occasions. Beautiful evenings at the lake, lunch with ice cream, romantic walk at sunset.... i have all that in my head when I smell that scent. He is wonderfully warm and cheerful and has been a faithful fragrance companion of mine for many years.

Others come and go, only some stay. But Sun delight has remained for many years and is still worn with pleasure.
A fragrance to feel good.

Sunscreen scent
This light vanilla chocolaty scent made me buy the third bottle with body lotion and shower gel today. The whole because my better half regretted that I sprayed the second bottle empty on Saturday in his presence.
Although or maybe because Sun Delight is not a great fragrance, I really like it. It is sunny, light and yet warm, pleasant and uncomplicated.
Sun Delight is unlike his big sister no olfactory Wumser. It comes along rather softly and nevertheless one cannot deny a certain relationship. Sun Delight is neither aquatic nor lemony. This makes it pleasantly different from the usual summer fragrances. Because it doesn't give the typical fresh feeling, it can also be worn on cold autumn days, so it doesn't have to be in the summer box.
Sun Delight starts with Frangipani and Reseda, slightly exotic and attractive, then becomes creamy, soft and gentle. You can't really smell the individual ingredients, the scent is well balanced and has a heart of chocolate. The base is reminiscent of good sun cream and therefore conveys the feeling of sun and beach.
I've been asked a lot about this smell because I like to wear it in the office from time to time. But it is most beautiful on summer evenings outdoors. The shelf life is unfortunately only mediocre, but he already holds out for one evening. With the really very favorable price this is not further bad, the small 30ml bottle can take woman also well
Conclusion: An attractive soft and feminine summer evening companion and compliment catcher. Not a great work of art but easy to wear. Inexpensive and a nice change to the omnipresent citrus scents in summer.

Germanblonde
She bears the right name, a delight indeed
I am a douser, I have to admit. If a fragrance is strong, I douse a LITTLE less, but all in all I wear fragrances for MY gratification, not so much to smell good for others (with the only exception of my significant other, who, for God's sake, loves my perfume addiction.) I don't need to leave a big fume trail behind me, it is not about being noticed. The scent can be close to the skin all day, as long I can smell it and as long as it makes ME happy, that's really what matters to me!

I feel putting on a fragrance just for others (I read the statement that you are not supposed to smell your own fragrance, as this supposed to be a sign of a good perfume), is like going to bed with your partner just for his gratification. So it is just not me, I am way too selfish, so I douse along without much regard for the people around me. SORRY!

But boy oh boy, when I decide to wear Jil Sander Sun Delight, I am SO much more trigger friendly. It reminds me of Pina Colada (and I LOVE Pina Colada) with a touch of vanilla. This is so yummy, I could gnaw on my wrist. Jil Sander Sun is my signature fragrance and my biggest love affair. Sun Delight is like Sun for Fiesta time, a great frag for the poolside. It doesn't have the romantic spin in it like Sun, it is more peppy, outgoing, has a younger vibe to it and is more alluring. Sun feels almost like the older, more grown up sister of Sun Delight. Sun Delight is the more carefree one of them two. Longevity is greater than Sun and many other Jil Sander fragrances (I get 8 - 9 hours out of it without having to re-apply, opposed to round about 4 hour with Sun). I adore both beauties. SIGHT, SIGH, SIGH! Wonderful frags - not only for the summer.

Happy summer nights...
I was so delighted when I got a whiff of this fragrance for the first time!

With few money on my wallet and without a second thought, I decided to make mine this little treasure!
It truly makes me happy from the primarily top notes until the last closing ingredient!

It opens with an intense sweet fruity floral smell until the heart opens..
Thus you feel the delightful combination of vanilla and frangipani with some touch of dark chocolate..
The base turns into a woodsy-musky canvas maintaning the light vanilla oriental aura!

by Ginger
by Sunnyiland
by Nici1993
by Nici1993

Popular Jil Sander

Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Woman III (1986) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (1989) / Feeling Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Absolute by Jil Sander Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Woman Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander Woman Two by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Sport Water by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander Sensations (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil (1997) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil (2009) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Jil Sander Strictly Night by Jil Sander