Sun Men (2002) Eau de Toilette

Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander
Bottle Design: Fabien Baron

Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Jil Sander for men and was released in 2002. The scent is fresh-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Calone, Rosemary
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrangipani, Cardamom, Musk, Nutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Cedarwood

Submitted by Sani, last update on 16.03.2019

Bliss of the sun
No other fragrance combines the light-heartedness and spirit of these wonderfully long summer days like Sun Men. The fragrance is not very masculine, it is sweet and soft and not intrusive at all. It's more like a relaxed laugh than a seductive wink. But that's exactly what summer embodies for me.
6.0 8.0 5.0 8.0/10
Bluestopy
This is what summer smells like
A ride in a cooled car, on a sunny, very warm day leading to an outdoor pool. a lot of women in squires swimsuits. Laughter and water gossip in the background.
That's how I'd describe Sun Men. For the price you get a very good fragrance experience that nobody will hate. The whole classroom smells like that stuff, wonderful.
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10
"Sun milk deluxe"
I owned this fragrance shortly after it was released, when my nose sniffed much fewer EDTs and the selection of men's fragrances was much more limited. I remember a flattering perpetual desire with which one(s) could not do anything wrong from this point of view. My mates and I wore Relax, Hugo, Bogner Man, Photo, CK One and more besides this fragrance. Now, about 15 years later, my impression of Sun Men is confirmed. Some things never change! ;-)

As the name suggests, Sun Men is designed for the summer. However, unlike most mainstream competitors in the (then) mid-price segment, the freshness factor here is only modestly pronounced. A pleasant sweetness blends into the action, whereby I can't smell out any ingredient particularly. In addition, there is a subtle herbaceous-spicy note, which could be a little more pronounced in my opinion. Then maybe Sun Men would have done his summer escort job for me! ;-)

Sun Men is a very independent fragrance, but in my opinion it lacks a special kick. If I had to make an association, it would be the one mentioned in the subject line with suntan lotion or cream. From this point of view, the subject of "sun" would have been hit, but I just can't get this comparison out of my nose or my cerebral convolutions. Of course there are good-smelling creams with sun protection factor, but my EDT shouldn't remind me too much.

So Sun Men gets stuck somewhere in no man's land between skin care and fragrance experience for me. Hardly anyone will tell me that I smell strange or take getting used to, but I don't expect compliments either. It will probably take several summers until I have used up my 100 ml, and there will probably be no special occasions.

StarA1 7 months ago
A traditional fragrance with nothing new ... too sweaty ... Not worth its price ... Not usable in hot days+2
3.0

by Bulentbc
by Bulentbc
by YKem
by YKem
unkomplizierte, einmalige Sommerfrische - Jil Sander Sun Men (2002)
by Parma
by Michael
by Michael
Sun Day Men und Sun Men von Jil Sander
by Chnokfir

Popular Jil Sander

Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sensations by Jil Sander Eve by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Jil (2009) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sander for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Sensual Jil by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander Pure by Jil Sander Sport for Women by Jil Sander