Sunlight (Eau de Parfum Lumière) (2019)

Sunlight (Eau de Parfum Lumière) by Jil Sander

Sunlight (Eau de Parfum Lumière) is a new perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-floral. It is being marketed by Coty.

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Grapefruit, Cyclamen
Heart Notes Heart NotesMagnolia, Solar note, White peony
Base Notes Base NotesDriftwood, Musk

Submitted by Calista, last update on 13.08.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Susan Sarandon.

8.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Ttfortwo
Of flower children and solar notes
Susan Sarandon is said to be a good one, one with a heart and a damn lot of sense. It is humorous and self-ironic (which I believe on the spot, because someone who signs with these vocal requirements for the main role of a musical either suffers from a highly explosive form of Menderesmus or is able not to take himself too seriously).

Their political, social and human commitment is absolutely credible and authentic and should be taken seriously. And then she also looks great - damn, the woman can do everything.

Except lovely.

And now she's the face of one of the most harmless and lovely little tweaks of the year. Gaaaar not go, is decided and how can it only.

But maybe she was like me, and she felt the need to just smell harmless and sweet and just like flowers. And I had no desire to be serious and meaningful and profound and profound and "not without at least one twist". And grown up. And discourse. And all this claim.

That's how I felt, completely unexpectedly I got such a need, for a lovely scent of blossoms, for breathed ethereal beauty around me, for harmless and girlish. Because sometimes life is complicated enough.

Also an extended search - even in emergency mode, namely in my "rehearsals-that-will-don't-be-sure-you-not-try"-shoe box - only resulted in: I don't have something like that. I don't have a single harmless and lovely floral scent that goes beyond that without any modern sweets.

Thanks to the great helpfulness in the forum, a few common suspects (@FvSpee: Thanks man, for reactivating this expression) were quickly found. I bought Lancôme's new classic Miracle, which I'm going to comment on another time, And this one here.

Sunlight Lumière is exactly what I was looking for, a sweet-floral little waft, without any corners or edges, sweet-indulgent, harmless, it just can't be any more harmless. He won't even play. And that's exactly why: Est! Est! Est!!!

Probably not much more than a finger exercise for Natalie Lorson, which I appreciate very much, although she is responsible for some olfactory wrecking pears like the Black Opiums, but on the other hand has developed such subtly refined subtleties as "Perles de Lalique" (and many other Lalique scents).

The fragrance starts with a very mild bitter freshness with very little pink pepper and a pale green portion. The tone is cheerful, the top note smiles friendly and somewhat dreamy and hums softly.

Afterwards appearance flower children: Heart-warming cute dwarfs with flowers in their hair and in wicker baskets throwing with sweet smelling peony heads and magnolia blossoms around them, the scent spreads pastel clouds of naïve harmless spring kindness, and I really don't know how such a "solar note" could actually smell, but if it should be responsible for the light-flooded lightness of the scent, then nothing but pure with it!

Granted: If the whole thing were only to be a tiny sweeter, then I could actually not bear this sweetness overkill any more.

So the fragrance fits me at least and at least at this time seamlessly. I could blame him for a lot of things: Banality, naive girlishness, a hair-sharp closeness to kitsch - but not that it is not a beautiful one for me.

By the way: Sillage in the open-plan office suitable area, durability mediocre, price budget.
8.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

Sternanis
My summer scent already found in March!
I had been thinking about buying one of Hermes' Jardins for the summer - so far I only liked the Nile Garden very much, but now there is a new one. Unfortunately it smelled like cucumbery-humid Uhukleber, so I walked on and ended up with Jil Sander. I had read about Sunlight, so I tested it first - too obscure and somehow a bit musty. Then Lumière - great! The fresh floral of the Jardins (something between Sur le Toit and Monsieur Li), but rather a bit woody-washed, and a good grapefruit. I also mean to recognize a little bit of mango at the beginning.
This is exactly the kind of summer scent I was looking for - flowery, but not soapy or pompous, slightly citric with no hint of rinse, unsweet, and a light green-stalked peony note with a hint of fog machine that always reminds me of the black Dita von Teese scent (and a bit of jasmine noir), there's on top, without degenerating into a smoky evening scent.
The only thing that makes me devalue the fragrance a bit is the so-lala durability and something slightly synthetic-stinging, which at the end (fortunately only very close) shines through, this note which I notice in about 80-90% of all newer fragrances (what is it?? That must have a name).
The fragrance may not be very original, but it is really well made and for me the perfect everyday fragrance for warmer days. He is in a good mood and does not disturb anyone, and you don't always have to attract attention with extraordinary scents. In my opinion, the fragrance as a commodity has just as much right to exist as the fragrance as a work of art, and the price is accordingly acceptable here

by Villarouge
by Villarouge

Popular Jil Sander

Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sensations (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Eve by Jil Sander Jil (2009) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sander for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander Sensual Jil by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sport for Women by Jil Sander Pure by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander