Woman III (1986) Eau de Toilette

Version from 1986
Woman III (1986) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander

Woman III (1986) (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 1986. The scent is chypre-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Lancaster.

Michael Romani

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot, Hyacinth, Coriander, Bay leaf, Nutmeg, Orange blossom, Pepper, Rosewood
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Geranium, Honey, Orris root, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Tuberose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Oakmoss, Coconut, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 26.10.2019

JetonToni
Jil Sander Woman III disappeared in a smoke full of burnt wood!
I still have about 40 ml of this scent from the old version. According to the lettering, this might be the 1st version (since this scent was also changed in the 90s and later in the 2000s, too).
Unfortunately, this scent is not as I would like it to be. The fragrance pyramid is lush, complex and I expected a fragrance that reminded me of Boss Number One. At least a bit more feminine, although I also like Boss Number One very much.

Today Jil Sander Woman 3, should finally be executed.

The first sprayer surprises me positively. It reminds me of Davidoff Zino, which I like very much. Rough, deep dark masculine tones dominate here for some time. I'm waiting for honey, dark bitter forest honey, some flowers and musk. Nicht´s neither comes the first hour nor after. What comes after the first hour, however, sets me deep disillusionment. After the "Zino" prelude, smells something like a chamber, where it is heated with coal or gas, where a lot of wood is stacked up, that makes you dizzy. Associations of fire and burning make the siren bells ring.

It doesn't get any better and the smell dominates that unfortunately there is nothing left for me to wash my hair soon. Since about 5 hours I have this smell on it, but nothing but headaches and the smoky dominant soot smell in my head.

I will either dispose of the remaining 40 ml or see that I find a buyer, because I don't want this imposition any longer around me. Don't get me wrong: I love many vintage fragrances also chypre fragrances. But I've never had anything like this before and hope never to have again in this life
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

The old days
There was a so-called 'milk bar' in my hometown. I, however, doubt that there were milk, shakes or even ice was consumed. It was rather a despicable bar and meeting place of the pot-smoker scene. *g* Preferably rockers on motorcycles drove up. This was into the 70s.

Aldehydes, spices and flowers are dominant! It doesn't disturb me. Nothing bites me. It doesn't last long and I am also restored into last years.
No, not into the milk bar. I was too young at the moment. Everything becomes so beautifully sharp, smoky, woody - Patchouli, groups, which assemble in the youth meeting - I am there now.

For me an absolute energy smell which also men could use.

by Blödel
by Imom
by Schahram
by Schahram

Popular Jil Sander

Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sensations (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Eve by Jil Sander Jil (2009) by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Sander for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander Sensual Jil by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sport for Women by Jil Sander Pure by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander