Sun 2020Eau de Parfum

Sun (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander
Sun (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 2020. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Orange zest, Pink pepper, Narcissus, Carrot seed, Jasmine sambac, Spanish broom absolute, Amyris, Virginia cedar, Benzoin, Blackcurrant

Submitted by DELIVERANCE, last update on 07.09.2020.

Tripped over it...
I received this fragrance as a sample with another order and fell in love right away. It doesn't fit into my scheme of fresh, aquatic scents, because I find it creamy, powdery and also a bit sweet, which I generally don't like at all. But I simply cannot escape the appeal of sun cream A great summer scent and a new conquest in my very small collection of perfumes.
Sonnenwind
"Romantic Sunset: The 5th"
After all the great statements I absolutely had to test it,
especially because I have discovered orange blossom as a "love" for me and this has now become firmly anchored in my perfume heart.
Okay- here is orange peel specified...but it can always be orange!

I would like to thank INDALO for the beautiful scented mail ♡

I still know the old Sun from my youth, which is now 25 years ago. I loved the old Sun-
for one bottle long :D
It was THE fragrance par excellence for me at that time and just for a holiday in Ibiza! So I was all the more excited about the new edition.
Sprayed immediately...and the first sniff was...
well... sobering I expected so much more. I thought he would knock me over. But unfortunately he didn't. :(

The fragrance mail accompanied me on my mother's birthday, which was also attended by other fragrance lovers.

My disappointment might also be dependent on the daily form - ALSO:
Up it to all the female creatures present!
There was excessive sniffing:
"What was that smell again? Where'd you get it from again?
Aha... okay... yes... quite nice!"

THE WAS'S!

None of us four ladies was enthusiastic or flashed, so they would say:
"Yes- I MUST have it!"
The scent impression was general
"nice" only.
I have tested it for the third time today and the general impression unfortunately does not change.
Although I must say, he is actually quite beautiful I think it is quite magical and pleasant on balmy summer evenings.
He's kind of romantic Slightly floral, creamy, powdery...subtly sunny.
Suitable for a sunset!

However, I personally - and the other three ladies - lack recognition value.
It simply lacks the last thing that would make him a candidate for purchase.

Still, I can understand if you fall in love with this scent...
for the 5th he may be THE REVELATION to a summery, romantic sunset!

Harum-scarum
Now I have decided to write a comment in addition to the statement, because the scent flashed me just like that.
Let me start by saying that in the 90s, as a schoolgirl, I was a fan of the first hour of SUN EdT, the iconic sun fragrance in the white bottle. Sun cream, summer bath, Italy, sunscreen, soft ice cream and good mood. I had never smelled anything so good before, I wore it all the time, the old one was very powerful, I didn't have much pocket money and so my little 30 ml bottle lasted forever. I also liked to use the deodorant, just as intensive and simply comfortable.
Fast forward to the 2000s: SUN is still there, very often smelled, on many people and often overdosed. I still like it, but I don't have a bottle anymore, it's just often "too much" for me, maybe also because of the helioptrop, which I like but which can be a bit suffocating.

Now I read here the very first good reviews for the new EdP, go to the perfumery in the afternoon after work, actually to test the limited summer 2020 SUN, which, by the way, is the best summer flanker for SUN so far, coconut water and the feeling you have on your skin after a day at the beach, fresh and very light, but at this price you can spray more often, very good for sultry hot days and reminds me strongly of "Miami Glow" by J Lo. But that's just by the way - so I'm testing the Summer2020, take the bottle with me and check the new EdP. I imagine that it has to be even harder than the EdT and I'm sceptical, but you can test it.

The first impression is orange, I think well, I don't need pure orange now, and then there it is: the broom! In the notes it is called "Pfrienginster Absolue" (Spartium junceum), also called rush broom or Spanish broom. He brings it for me! Do you know this fragrance that is in the dunes by the sea in summer? It is exactly this smell that he captures for me here.
Other notes that I find dominant: Amyris (sandalwood-like), orange blossom, of course, which cannot be missing in SUN, as it is responsible for the perceived/associated "sun cream chord", benzoin and a peppery spicy note. What is surprising after a while is that something mineral appears, not salty, not "stony" like in Terre, more like the mineral note in "Arizona". This note is rather fresh, but lasts for a long time and is still clearly visible the next morning. Are these the carrot seeds?
What's not there: Heliotrope, the benzoin is enough to create a lovely sweetness, the jasmine certainly contributes to it.

All in all I must admit, this is the most beautiful SUN I have ever smelled. Price-performance ratio very good and I am positively surprised, this SUN is a real innovation and I believe that it will be a great success.

Whoever loves the sweet heaviness of EdT will find a refreshing counterpart here, which remains true to the original character, whoever cannot (no longer) smell exactly this, will find an alternative, which is not only a flanker, but a real development. 10/10.

Sommer, wir kommen...
by KB609
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
by SunEternity
by SunEternity

Popular Jil Sander

Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Woman III (1986) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (1989) / Feeling Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Absolute by Jil Sander Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Woman Two by Jil Sander Woman Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander Man Two / Men Two (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Jil Sander Sport Water by Jil Sander Sensations (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Jil (1997) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Strictly by Jil Sander