Sun 1989 Eau de Toilette

Sun (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt
Sun (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Jil Sander for women and was released in 1989. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
FruitsFruits
Orange blossomOrange blossom
LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnationCarnation
HeliotropeHeliotrope
Orris rootOrris root
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
RoseRose
SandalwoodSandalwood
StyraxStyrax
Tonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.10.2021.

Perfumed sunscreen
At the first sniff Sun scared me at the time, because I recognized a note that smelled "old" to me. A perfume with this note wore a friend of my grandmother, unfortunately I do not know which perfume it was and both my grandmother, as well as the friend are unfortunately already deceased for years.
However, after I tested Sun then a second time, I was thrilled and so I wear this fragrance for example right now. I smell sun milk. It contains all sorts of other things that I can't identify. It's definitely not fruit, because I don't sniff that on me. Sun is one of the most unfruity perfumes I've smelled, and I still like it.
What is it about this particular note that the old lady's perfume also had? Sun it wasn't, but I'm thinking if she was wearing Cašmir Eau de Parfum. That, oddly enough, has that note on me too, although it doesn't have very much in common with Sun
PapaDennis
Woman in the sand by the sea in the sun
No fragrance in my environment that I like to smell as much as this one.
He is worn by my girlfriend for now 4 years permanently.

Every time this perfume is applied, and the scent passes me, I smell sun, sea, Caribbean.

That's where I see her then.
Ok,ok. From here on the thoughts belong to me alone !

Such a beautiful recognizable fragrance, although often used, but always a "hach is the beautiful!"

I can't put my finger on exactly what triggers these feelings in me when sniffing the notes, but it hits again and again.

Unfortunately, a too short shelf life but at the beginning a very horny sillage. And the price? Well, about the need not speak, he is worth it!

I'm then times swimming, with my
Sun-Girl..

Women I looked up to...
I am spraying a tester of this for the first time. This scent is older than I am and what I expect is nothing more than an outdated sweet breeze of irrelevance and oblivion.
Then I smell it - and I know immediately: oh, it's YOU!
Of course I haven't forgotten him! How could I! So many women from my childhood were surrounded by this scent. Women whose embrace made me feel good. Women whose words filled my head with new knowledge. Women I looked up to. Women who led the way, map in hand, on the car ride to Spain on vacation. Women with strength and energy.
Unlike other "vintage fragrances," I don't feel Sun is aging. You can tell it's from a different era, but it doesn't feel dusty or stale. Still feels strong and soft at the same time.
It develops a non-naive, tropical sweetness that gains character from a slight scratchiness, and is in turn rounded out by a powdery, creamy veil. In performance, too, it delivers on its promise!
Sun is always on the edge, but never over it. An everyday fragrance by all means, but for women with edges and lots of charm. A statement fragrance that may be rediscovered by us younger generations .... and we step here definitely in significant footsteps!
FrauMieze
The fragrance of my younger years
Jil Sander Sun was, as far as I could remember, the first fragrance I bought. Since I was 16.
Since I had it also not yet so with the dosage :-) well my environment found it at that time probably not so funny. But I'm sure - smells one of those today Jil Sander Sun - he thinks of me quite certainly.
At the time, I found him very very strong. For a 16 year old just too ladylike.
After I had then discovered Hypnotic Poison for me, Sun was then also long in the closet.
Today I wear him again from time to time.
He reminds me on the one hand strongly of my youth, but I also asoziere other with him. Sun, beach, sea, sunscreen.... but not in today's time, but in the 80s. A sophisticated lady in a black swimsuit with a huge straw hat is walking along the beach. She carries this wonderful fragrance cloud behind her.

To the fragrance itself, the citrus at the beginning develops with me hardly, or I think it smells ehr after peach. The flowers in the heart note are ehr delicate, what is there with me from the beginning, is the base note with musk, tonka bean, amber and benzoin. The vanilla comes with me also much later. Depending on the weather, the heart note comes through a bit now and then. But my skin goes ehr a symbiosis with the base note.
I still like it today.
KStrobel
I will never be able to completely detach myself from it
I discovered Sun in my late teens. It was the first fragrance I wore constantly - for many years. It was the scent that everyone associated with me - even today, many years later, I still sometimes get to hear "someone walked past me again yesterday and I thought it was you". Sun smells kind of artificial, for me it resonates a strange metallic association despite the sweetness. Actually, the scent is too sweet for me by now. It seems a bit sticky-pappy, I think of suntan lotion that's hard to spread, that mixes with a few grains of sand. Of sticky hands and vanilla ice cream. Sun is a little bit too much of everything for me. Too sweet, too vanilla, too sticky, somehow it also seems cheap - but just enough that I can't resist it. Like a candy store. Too sweet, much too sweet, but it still pulls you in.
I very rarely use the fragrance anymore. But when I do, it feels like summer, like sun rays on warm, lightly tanned skin.
Now I like you...
... but 20 years ago I had to turn away almost, so that the fragrance could not reach me.
Much too strong and sweet Sun arrived with me, full force of something fruity , which smelled but rather tart / bitter and arrived with me almost like a blow to the nose. Bah, I did not like Sun for years and for me he was also no summer fragrance.

This year, I added a bottle to my collection. I smell these days rather a coherent , somewhat old-fashioned interaction of all ingredients and find it fresh and even a little restrained.

Well, whether that is now the age ?
A diluted version ?

Me Sun has cast a spell !

Eukalyptia
My scent friend, have you ever been away?
There are fragrances that make you feel like they've always been around. For me, these include 1881, Giorgio and Sun. The latter, which is the subject here has the potential for a life partnership. There's really only two camps here, too. You either hate him or you can never get away from him. For me, I'm not just in love anymore... ...it's become something permanent. I can't count how many bottles I've used up already.
Actually, it's pretty easy to tell with me. From all heart fragrances I have the whole line, from Sun really every product.
To the perfume itself: with me comes directly after spraying on, as with most here, quite clearly the synthetics to the appearance. Fortunately, the does not last long and it is worth the wait. What makes Sun and what lasts with me quite the whole day is the delicious melange of orange blossom, amber, sandalwood and the small vanilla breath.

A visit to the beach - with SPF 50
This perfume smells of summer, sun, sun cream. There is no other way to describe it.
The scent reminds of a very luxurious sun cream of a mature lady.

The bottle is semi beautiful to look at, but the contents must also be convincing.

Since the fragrance is from the 80s, it is not a modern fragrance, but rather rusty. Nevertheless I like it and it is a faithful companion in summer. It has a very large Sillage, which almost burns in your nose, if you apply too much of the fragrance. Also the durability is very good.

Especially on the beach at a beach party after a long stay in the sun the scent shines.
The summer feeling remains present through the fragrance even in autumn and winter and creates beautiful memories of the warm.

A small hint: If the temperature is too high, the fragrance can be a little bit slack, then it is better to use a fresher perfume or apply less. Otherwise (to me personally) the scent is too heavy.

Always and 4-ever ;)
... SUN will accompany me. He's been doing it since the end of the 80's and is - except for a short, inexplicable :) Break - until today.

Me???? just him. He is powdery and simple, for me and on me, incredibly pleasant and reassuring. This fragrance is unique with a strong recognition value. Whoever has smelled SUN once, will always recognize it
On my skin it becomes warm and caressing powdery but never synthetic/plastic or slapping. For me it always feels like "coming home".

I use it mainly in summer/autumn, but sometimes I need some sun in winter as well.

For me a true comforter and a fragrance that simply belongs to me ;)
Pollita
SUN - another olfactory atomic bomb
If we talk about olfactory crackers, humming, grenades, then of course Sun from Mrs Sander should not be missing. Sun, how long have I known him? It was on my study trip to Berlin, I must have been in the 9th or 10th grade, when my classmates discovered Sun. My classmates were a bit strange. They all wore the same jeans brand, the same shoes (either Camel Boots or Chucks) and of course the same scent. And this one was Sun. I was new to the class and had the misfortune on the study trip that two of my friends from the parallel class were accommodated in a different quarter in another part of the capital. So, without being asked beforehand, I was put in a room with four or five girls, who of course were best friends with each other. Since one was of course not allowed to travel alone by public transport, I had to go out with this horde of girls in the evening. The owner of the bottle sprayed a dash of Sun on their necks and off they went.

Shortly afterwards I bought a small bottle of Sun myself. I liked the scent, even if I wore it sporadically. I liked this fine, then very innovative combination of fresh, citrus notes with heliotrope, a power orange blossom, lots of ylang-ylang and a pleasant vanilla woodiness in the base. But he was already very sweet. No wonder, because the vanilla in Sun was really something. My later boyfriend always said that I would smell like candy if I wore it, which I would say yes to today. Sun is a real gourmand. Funnily enough, I never had the classic sunscreen association with Sun. To me, it always seemed a bit like a fragrance related to Joop's Nuit d'eté, which I would have loved to have had, but which a good friend of mine wore at the time. I thought it was kind of stupid to take part in that game and therefore didn't buy it (today I'm naturally annoyed when I look around on Ebay...).

But with Sun and me it was quickly over after the one bottle. Some years later I got Sun again as a present. But I kept giving this bottle as a present, because I was not really enthusiastic about it anymore. The lucky one was my riding instructor at that time, who also managed to fill almost a whole riding hall with Sun. Fortunately, the 30 ml were used up very quickly
For many years there was no further contact with the fragrance. But then it came one after the other. One of my former superiors wore Sun She also used to spray the office. By then, Sun was already starting to get on my nerves. Plus, my former tenant was also a Sun fan. When she put on the scent, you could still smell it for at least four hours in our stairwell. Yeah, it's really annoying. It's a pity, because the fragrance is beautiful per se and I had a small bottle of it myself once.

Conclusion: One sprayer - perfect. More of the same. Nope, you better not. The durability of the vintage version was almost infinite. And I have the impression that despite reformulation, it still smells very similar today to how it did back then. But I don't find it defused.

Fotorätsel: wer es am schnellsten errät gewinnt eine Abfuellung aus meiner Sammlung. Piepmatz-alias Adlerauge war am schnellsten-Herzliche Gratulation!! Und an Alle: vielen Dank fuers Mitmachen!:-))
by LaVioletta
by ChatonNoir
Farbige Smileys für Fresh :)
by Minea
Dankeschön :-) es war Abendsonne/Laternenschein & Bearbeitung - Jenseits der Donnerkuppeldingens :-D
by Seejungfrau
by Melanonym
by Nici1993
by Nici1993

Popular Jil Sander

Background (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Man Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Woman III (1986) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man (1989) / Feeling Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Jil Sander Man Absolute by Jil Sander Sun Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Nº 4 (Eau de Parfum) by Jil Sander Man Two / Men Two (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Stylessence by Jil Sander Woman Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Scent 79 Man (2012) by Jil Sander Jil (1997) (Eau de Toilette) by Jil Sander Style by Jil Sander Softly by Jil Sander Woman Two by Jil Sander Simply (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Jil Sander Sport Water by Jil Sander Bath & Beauty (1981) by Jil Sander Sun Delight by Jil Sander Jil (2009) by Jil Sander