Flash by Jimmy Choo

Flash is a perfume by Jimmy Choo for women and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-sweet. It was last marketed by Inter Parfums.

Christine Nagel

Top Notes Top NotesStrawberry, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, White woods

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.03.2019

4.0 4.0 6.0 5.0/10

Strawberry Flavoured White Flower
Jimmy Choo Flash opens with a strange strawberry scent, not the real juicy one, nor the strawberry flavour one, very difficult to define. I was initially curious if the strawberry will play along with the white flowers. However, this fruity opening soon dissipates and leaves no trace on the then-coming strong white flower scent, which is quite similar to Jesus Del Pozo In White to my nose.

This white flower blossom stage lasts about 2 or 3 hours. It then dries down into a gentle floral-musky scent, very soothing and feminine, which is also my favourite part in Flash.

The sillage is moderate and the longevity is at least 8 hours. However, I don't think I'll buy it any time soon as the white flower stage is just too similar to In White, though the drydown is lovely.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Benlives
Sympathetic trash with recognition value
Flash = Trash? I kind of do. But with that certain something! Synthetics cannot be denied. To put it mildly. But he has a recognition value, holla the forest fairy. At least on my girlfriend. He'll hold onto her for half an eternity. I would not expect such attributes at all with the smell, I would use only the Parfumo - data base as info source. There you can see again what a dominant influence skin chemistry can have on an olfactory experience. I can't make out any strawberries on my girlfriend either, nor is the scent in any way sweet on her. A bitter-flowery trash spectacle, which comes across very funny and unique.
I think Jimmy Choo used Flash to create a fragrance that is extremely polarizing. Between hate and love there probably isn't much in between. I like him very much about my girlfriend, this trashy-synthetic, very likeable loner. Maybe also because then I always have to think about the song... "Flash, a-aaaah... you saved everyone of us!"

Salvage by Sequstration
This is yet another 'fume that I have °salvaged° by the technique of sequestering it away for a while until I forget about it, & then one day, coming across it again °at the back of the drawer° (either literally or figuratively) I say "let's give that another go!" & do precisely that.

I kind of °pitched° into buying this, with only a little less than half my reflexes holding me back; & I think when uw do that, uw hardly if atall judge the 'fume aright. I kept picking at it & picking at it & ... until I was weary of it. Now I've simply putten the thing on, getting to know it afresh: &, for instance, that accord of various floral & fruity notes whereat I at first chafed myself "is it just a dull generick cheapo fruito-floralo job, or is there actually somewhat of art in it?" has now ¯renascated¯ itself as clearly an instance of art. Not, indeed, one of the ¯great works¯ is it; but it's definitely ^something^, and something ^well-decent^ at that. I don't know whence its familiar to me - nowhere I think: & that's the point, of course.

It's a rather curious floral-fruity-woody accord in which no note stands-out conspicuously - ~well integrated~, without doubt. It's a little °sneezy° as well - seems to °tickle° one's respiratory tract a little (let none IFRA snoop be reading this - if thou art, be thou accursèd!!), and I do like a bit of that - lends a 'fume substance. The level of muskiness is quite acceptible also - the musk being of a reasonably rich kind with some swooniness - but one cannot expect a full-body olfactory-faculty musk-massage fræ a 'fume of this price-brackett.

Nice bit of salvage-work there, I do deem!

I'm prompted here to raise this matter of sequestering 'fumes that one has doubts about, to give them a ¯latency¯ period. I realise this properly belongs in the forum; but I'll do little more than initiate the question here. I have read in other reviews of other 'fumes in other places (yes I am being cryptic, & I shall carry on being, as ^very^ strong feelings are often involved!) in which advice is given that the flacon be left to ¯stand¯ for a month or so; & other reviews that strongly gainsay this advice, adducing that the manufacturer has already done all the ¯leaving-to-stand¯ that might ever boot it. I wonder now, having °salvaged° three or four 'fumes recently by this latency-period method, whether the worth of it ever consists in other than a metamorphosis of one's ^perception^ of the 'fume - a dissipation of the tensions and guiltitudes stemming from the buying °battle°. And it is a battle often, trying to keep one's balance & poise & right-discernment amidst the continual buffets of retail staff under a grinding brief of maximal-selling.

{ ... @bout vi hr later ... }

Uw know, I'm liking this more & more. It's just caught me a glancing blow - which is nearly always the best way to perceive a 'fume - & momentarily I wondered what it was, assuming it was one of my more belovèd 'fumes lingering on some garment y-leften-out.

And another little (or maybe notso little) thing: it synergises well with the smell of coffee. And that is important with me, and with many other, I should think.

Has a pleasant evolution also, with that °sneeziness° morphing into a certain °powderiness°.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Cool Velvet
I am pleasantly surprised by this Choo creation, and upon looking at the notes I am even more surprised. Perhaps it's my chemistry but upon first spray this smells to me as a delicious aquatic with a musk undertone and a hint of vanilla.

After a while the notes becomes more apparent and I can smell citrus (the tangerine?) *Hmmm* a sugary sweetness (strawberry?) and a featherlight tuberose note that is sprinkled with a dash of pepper, but nothing in this scent is too harsh. It's a very well balanced creation and I love it because its fresh/floral/spicy and sweet without that it smells like a mess!

It's a fresh breath from the *usual * gourmand and IMHO is far more original than Choo's "Jimmy Choo".

Autumn is at our doorstep...if you want a new scent to go with the new season give this one a try...this unusual seductive combination of fresh yet velvety, and floral yet spicy-sweet will keep you smiling! Well, it does me : )

Silage is: Fresh & floral yet spicy as far as your arm can reach - Longevity is: You aint Choo-ing me away anytime soon! Enjoy!
7.5 7.5 5.0 8.0/10

Bubbleliciously Flashy
Flash aptly named...my initial impression was bubblegum, fancy diamond-studded synthetic strawberry. This was followed by anise-like candy (must be the pink pepper) and a bright delicate sweetness of candy- very flirtacious. Next I went straight into a heliotrope spiral. I miss some of the jasmine and woody notes, but still it was tempting. I am not sure I could wear this...the S.A. said she liked it at first and then it gave her a migraine, so I had to make a split decision not to test on the skin since it was only 7 am and I was in the duty free shopping looking forward to a 4 hour flight in a recirculated air capsule- couldn't risk it turning cloying or uncomfortable in the pod. To me, this is an improvement to the original Jimmy Choo Fragrance which smells like a sickly alien outer-space candy to my nose....this is more wearable by comparison, but not for the faint of heart either. Try before you by these are an acquired style and taste.
1.0/10

Flash in the pan
I love the warm ambery/smoky/patchouli/incense of the original Jimmy Choo, so I grabbed this to try it in the store this week. There's something about the smell of strawberry in perfumes I find unattractive, although I love the smell of real strawberries. Put that with pepper, tuberose and woods and for me, not a pleasant scentsation. I class this as melon and aquatic, a synthetic, cool smell.

by DarkMatter
by DarkMatter
by Misty
by Misty

Popular Jimmy Choo

Jimmy Choo (Eau de Parfum) by Jimmy Choo Flash by Jimmy Choo Illicit by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo (Eau de Toilette) by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jimmy Choo Blossom by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Fever by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Man Ice by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Exotic 2013 by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo L'Eau by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Stars by Jimmy Choo Flash London Club by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Man Intense by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Man Blue by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Floral by Jimmy Choo Illicit Flower by Jimmy Choo Urban Hero by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo 2011 (Parfum) by Jimmy Choo Blossom Special Edition by Jimmy Choo Blossom Special Edition 2019 by Jimmy Choo