Illicit 2015

Illicit by Jimmy Choo
Illicit is a perfume by Jimmy Choo for women and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-floral. It was last marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation

Anne Flipo

Top Notes Top NotesGingerGinger
Bitter orangeBitter orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesRoseRose
Jasmine sambacJasmine sambac
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 30.11.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is singer and actress Sky Ferreira.

Why illegal?
The name suggests something forbidden or wicked. Illicit, so illegal / forbidden he is in no case, why also?

First of all, the bottle, which is decidedly pretty and meets my taste. He has something of a heavy whiskey glass from days gone by. Also the silvery coated plastic lid sits well and fits with its simple design. I like such flacons, but I am also sometimes a packaging victim.

The first spray lets rise with directly the soft sandalwood which is ginger-spiced, warm and sweetly in the nose.

After a few moments join the jasmine and the honey note comes out more clearly. Slightly spicy and sweet it remains. It gets closer to the body quite quickly and becomes increasingly creamy in the process. For me, it smells so fabulously creamy after 2 hours, a dreamy and not at all forbidden or illegal. After 5 hours I take him with still perceive if I hold my nose exactly on the skin.

m.M. after a wonderful everyday fragrance for spring and autumn.

Only the durability and sillage should be better for this beautiful fragrance
Perfect fragrance
This perfume is my absolute favorite! About 5 years ago I discovered this fragrance by chance and completely fell in love. Since then I have him already 4x re-bought and will do it again and again.
In my opinion, the fragrance fits every season or I wear it all year round. The scent acts at the beginning very fresh in the course of time but somewhat warmer. With the durability I am very satisfied, even in the evening I can still perceive the scent on me
London Mule on the roof
Oh Illicit, I like you very much. Not so much like Manifesto, which I'm very much in love with, but more like you.

Illicit reminds me very much of my last vacation, when the man and I marched together to the roof terrace of the local In-Hotel and drank Mules. He Moskow and I London. And just like the cocktail, illict smells. Somehow the bartender had chosen a very floral gin, which I liked, because normally I drink my cocktails and don't smell it.

Ginger in the head is very dominant and the bitter orange gives it something very tangy at the same time. This spicy and tangy combination looks slightly dry and almost alcoholic at the beginning. In the dry down, a pleasantly warm scent develops as the rose becomes more subtle and the jasmine - sambac more dominant soften the tangy blood orange. Here the fragrance then unfolds its floral and almost light component. Amber and sandalwood in the base ground the scent, so that you get the feeling you've put on a honey scent.

The fragrance itself is very feminine, soft and in my opinion it is especially suitable for late summer and early autumn - when the leaves are slowly turning colour and you need something warming from within. It has something gourmand without drifting off into the sweetness of cardboard, which I like very much. Durability and silage are ok, nothing monstrous but solid and ok. For me, it is one of the fragrances I carry in my pocket during business meetings, because I feel very comfortable with it, but not olfactorially on the heels of possible cooperation partners.

I find it very successful, because it combines this effervescence with warmth without drifting off in the direction of banal white-floral fragrance with a shot of "Special"
Golden Honey
A very warm fragrance with high recognition value. It is very goumandig with a certain depth without appearing overloaded like many other fragrances. The name Illicit doesn't fit so well, because it doesn't seem forbidden at all, but still very sensual.
Paperlily
Cotton candy for ginger tea
I have rummaged the smell here because of the ginger, which I like very much in perfumes.
I can't understand the name because it promises me an extravagant, controversial and unadapted perfume. It's not. But go on.

The bottle reminds me, as with "eaudemoiselle", of the heavy cut glasses that my grandparents had in their bar in the showcase. The color of very strong ginger tea with honey and that fits.

The first cloud and I stand at the Christmas market in front of the car with glazed apples, roasted almonds and cotton candy. This extreme sweetness and caramel note is very dominant and at the same time burns a sharpness in the nose. Delicious, interesting, almost too much.

After 30 minutes continue on the market to the stand with pastries. Sweet gingerbread with ginger and orange jam come to mind. The honey becomes stronger and stronger and reminds of drugstore honey milk liquid soaps, recently with Manuka honey, which smells very spicy intense. I've got it right in front of me, just without the milk. The orange remains fruity, but makes room for the light, clean and fresh rose. The jasmine gives even more sweetness. The ginger continues to warm in the background.

After 3h and with cold feet home and a ginger tea cooked with dried rose petals. Too much time wasted changing socks and the tea is lukewarm. A lot of honey added, ginger quite light and pleasantly spicy. The roses give quite a weak soapy note. It remains warming, delicious, sweet and a toast with orange jam still has room. After the bright start this is a really nice finale and fits perfectly to cold winter days.

If someone likes the "Honey I washed the Kids" soap, it could be something, just with a sharp kick.

very much legal
I know the perfume companies have decided that the Bad Girl is "in" nowadays. She's Guilty, she's Poison Girl, she's Good Girl Gone Bad! But really, Jimmy Choo - this girl isn't Illicit. She's drinking a cup of tea her grandmother made, trying to get over a cold! For the first hour, she's ginger-honey tea with a bit of synthetic chemical lurking unpleasantly in the background (possibly whatever they're using for sandalwood here). After an hour, the potency of this scent is so much that I have to scrub my arm to get it to quiet down. Then I realize what this is - it's Estee Lauder Sensuous without the black pepper and mandarin! Sorry, Jimmy. I liked Estee's version better, and her perfume had a more accurate name, too!

by Smitty
by Smitty

Popular Jimmy Choo

Seduction Collection - Iris Crush by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Fever by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo (Eau de Parfum) by Jimmy Choo Seduction Collection - Vanilla Love by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Man Ice by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Floral by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo (Eau de Toilette) by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Stars by Jimmy Choo I Want Choo by Jimmy Choo Seduction Collection - Tempting Rose by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo L'Eau by Jimmy Choo Flash by Jimmy Choo Seduction Collection - Amber Kiss by Jimmy Choo Blossom by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Exotic 2013 by Jimmy Choo Seduction Collection - Radiant Tuberose by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Man (Eau de Toilette) by Jimmy Choo Blossom Special Edition 2018 by Jimmy Choo Flash London Club by Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo 2011 (Parfum) by Jimmy Choo