Pink Vetiver 2012

Pink Vetiver by Jo Loves...
Pink Vetiver is a perfume by Jo Loves... for women and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-green. It is still available to purchase.

Jo Malone

NutmegNutmeg
Pink pepperPink pepper
VetiverVetiver
Juniper berryJuniper berry

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.11.2019.

Pink Pepper Vetiver
What is it with these, for lack of a better phrase, Franchise Flankers? All of these perfume houses seem now to be creating not just flankers but franchises of themselves under thinly veiled pseudonyms and behind façades of independent houses. XerJoff has Sospiro. Histoires des Parfums now has Scents of Departure. Pierre Guillaume seems to have a dozen houses. Today's example: Jo Loves, an offshoot of Jo Malone.

It would be one thing if there were a totally earthshatteringly new approach and aesthetic. I don't see that happening in any of the aforementioned cases, and certainly not here. In fact, the first thing I said upon spritzing on PINK VETIVER was "Smells like Jo Malone". Then I saw it there in the perfume profile: the perfumer is Jo Malone.

Are we to infer that Jo Malone does not love the perfumes in her first eponymous house line up? Honestly, I don't get it. My next guess was that maybe these new Jo Loves launches are actually eaux de parfum rather than body mist strength eau de cologne sold in eau de parfum-sized bottles for eau de parfum prices. But no, the packaging gives no such indication, identifying the strength only as that of "a fragrance". The second ingredient after alcohol is water, so it looks like we're in cologne territory all over again. As the final proof: the longevity is as poor as I've come to expect from the Jo Malone colognes. I just don't get it. What's the point? Why is PINK VETIVER not just a member of the regular Jo Malone line up? It fits right in, if you ask me. And I'm so glad that you did!

PINK VETIVER features prominently, and simply, vetiver and pink pepper. To my nose this is a very linear creation, and a pleasant eau de cologne-type fragrance. It will perhaps by now be to state the obvious, but I am not a huge fan of Jo Malone. Yes, the fragrances always smell natural and pleasant, but the longevity is some sort of bad joke--at least on my skin. Worse even than the worst of the L'Artisan Parfumeur line-up, and that is really saying something, given the asking price on the Jo Malone colognes. I repeat: colognes.

I am of the considered opinion that colognes are supposed to be splashed all over the place in hot weather. How long would a Jo Malone 1 ounce bottle of cologne therefore last me? Oh, about one afternoon in mid-July!

All of this carping aside, I am sure that those who love Jo Malone will also love Jo Loves. So you can all join in on a massive "We Love Jo Loves" love fest!

This is a perfectly fine vetiver scent.

by Sumi
by Sumi
by Cherguia
by Cherguia

Popular Jo Loves...

Smoked Plum & Leather by Jo Loves... Green Orange & Coriander (Eau de Toilette) by Jo Loves... Pomelo (Eau de Toilette) by Jo Loves... Mandrine by Jo Loves... Mango Thai Lime / A Shot of Thai Lime over Mango by Jo Loves... No. 42 The Flower Shop (Eau de Toilette) by Jo Loves... White Rose & Lemon Leaves (Eau de Toilette) by Jo Loves... Red Truffle 21 (Eau de Toilette) by Jo Loves... Shards of Cedar & Red Thyme by Jo Loves... Jo by Jo Loves... Orange Butterflies by Jo Loves... Rose Petal 25 by Jo Loves... Gardenia by Jo Loves... Mango Nectar by Jo Loves... Orange Tulle by Jo Loves... A Shot of Oud over Mango by Jo Loves... Green Orange & Coriander (Gel Fragrance) by Jo Loves... White Rose & Lemon Leaves (Gel Fragrance) by Jo Loves... Pomelo (Gel Fragrance) by Jo Loves... Red Truffle 21 (Gel Fragrance) by Jo Loves...