Pink Vetiver (2012)

Pink Vetiver by Jo Loves...
Compare Prices
Pink Vetiver is a perfume by Jo Loves... for women and was released in 2012. The scent is green-spicy. It is still in production.

Jo Malone

Amber, Angelica, Ginger, Cardamom, Cumin, Nutmeg, Pink pepper, Vetiver, Juniper berry

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.08.2016

Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Pink Pepper Vetiver
What is it with these, for lack of a better phrase, Franchise Flankers? All of these perfume houses seem now to be creating not just flankers but franchises of themselves under thinly veiled pseudonyms and behind façades of independent houses. XerJoff has Sospiro. Histoires des Parfums now has Scents of Departure. Pierre Guillaume seems to have a dozen houses. Today's example: Jo Loves, an offshoot of Jo Malone.

It would be one thing if there were a totally earthshatteringly new approach and aesthetic. I don't see that happening in any of the aforementioned cases, and certainly not here. In fact, the first thing I said upon spritzing on PINK VETIVER was "Smells like Jo Malone". Then I saw it there in the perfume profile: the perfumer is Jo Malone.

Are we to infer that Jo Malone does not love the perfumes in her first eponymous house line up? Honestly, I don't get it. My next guess was that maybe these new Jo Loves launches are actually eaux de parfum rather than body mist strength eau de cologne sold in eau de parfum-sized bottles for eau de parfum prices. But no, the packaging gives no such indication, identifying the strength only as that of "a fragrance". The second ingredient after alcohol is water, so it looks like we're in cologne territory all over again. As the final proof: the longevity is as poor as I've come to expect from the Jo Malone colognes. I just don't get it. What's the point? Why is PINK VETIVER not just a member of the regular Jo Malone line up? It fits right in, if you ask me. And I'm so glad that you did!

PINK VETIVER features prominently, and simply, vetiver and pink pepper. To my nose this is a very linear creation, and a pleasant eau de cologne-type fragrance. It will perhaps by now be to state the obvious, but I am not a huge fan of Jo Malone. Yes, the fragrances always smell natural and pleasant, but the longevity is some sort of bad joke--at least on my skin. Worse even than the worst of the L'Artisan Parfumeur line-up, and that is really saying something, given the asking price on the Jo Malone colognes. I repeat: colognes.

I am of the considered opinion that colognes are supposed to be splashed all over the place in hot weather. How long would a Jo Malone 1 ounce bottle of cologne therefore last me? Oh, about one afternoon in mid-July!

All of this carping aside, I am sure that those who love Jo Malone will also love Jo Loves. So you can all join in on a massive "We Love Jo Loves" love fest!

This is a perfectly fine vetiver scent.

Popular Jo Loves...

Smoked Plum & Leather by Jo Loves... Pomelo by Jo Loves... Pink Vetiver by Jo Loves... Green Orange & Coriander by Jo Loves... Gardenia by Jo Loves... Mango Thai Lime / A Shot of Thai Lime over Mango by Jo Loves... Mango Nectar by Jo Loves... Orange Tulle by Jo Loves... A Shot of Oud over Mango by Jo Loves... No. 42 The Flower Shop by Jo Loves... Mandrine by Jo Loves... Shards of Cedar & Red Thyme by Jo Loves... Red Truffle 21 by Jo Loves... White Rose & Lemon Leaves by Jo Loves... A Shot Of Muguet & Cedar by Jo Loves... Fresh Sweet Peas / A Shot Of Fresh Sweet Peas by Jo Loves...