Amber & Lavender 1995

Amber & Lavender by Jo Malone
Amber & Lavender is a perfume by Jo Malone for women and men and was released in 1995. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPetitgrainPetitgrain
Base Notes Base NotesVetiverVetiver
OakmossOakmoss
AmberAmber
MuskMusk

Submitted by Chemist, last update on 27.06.2021.

For men and women
I've only recently delved into the house of Jo Malone, and from what I've experienced so far, I'm impressed. Many dislike the simplistic nature of these colognes, and as a result, Jo Malone has been discussed frequently on our forums as not being worth the money spent. I agree that they can put a dent in your pocket, but I do enjoy them for layering purposes or even to spritz on when I don't want anything too loud or offensive.

Amber & Lavender is a charming unisex fragrance. It opens slightly masculine, with rich aromatic qualities and a heavy dose of lavender. I love lavender and often use it for soothing purposes. I'm also one of the rare few that find the smell of it rather seductive and alluring.

It's not all about the lavender of course, but it does feature strongly, particularly in the opening and the heart. I absolutely love the way Amber & Lavender settles on my skin; aromatic yet oddly clean. It's refreshing at the best of times and very easy to wear.

There's a glorious, subtle hint of mint that really freshens up the composition, also making it suitable for the warmer months. Although I would prefer this fragrance on a chilly day, the options are endless as it's a fairly versatile scent.

The amber accord isn't syrupy nor outrageously oriental like you may expect it to be. Every note in this fragrance is quite mellow and smooth. Patchouli and myrrh only add to this fragrance's beauty.

Another wonderful thing about Amber & Lavender is that it lasts. This can't be said of every Jo Malone fragrance, so I consider it a big plus. I'm surprised that this fragrance isn't more popular. I can only assume that women may forgo this fragrance thinking that it is only intended to be worn by men. I personally think it could go both ways. You'll either buy it for yourself or for your partner.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
A typically masculine aromatic cologne with a warm amber base .Balanced and perfect for the day. Not so strong the sillage.Refined bottle.

by Serlo
by Serlo

Popular Jo Malone

Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne) by Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay (Cologne) by Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily by Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom (Cologne) by Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot by Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao by Jo Malone Saffron by Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica by Jo Malone Orange Bitters by Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone English Oak & Hazelnut by Jo Malone Ginger Biscuit by Jo Malone Amber & Patchouli (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Bronze Wood & Leather by Jo Malone Jasmine Sambac & Marigold by Jo Malone Honey & Crocus by Jo Malone Midnight Black Tea by Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede (Cologne) by Jo Malone