Frangipani Flower (2019)

Frangipani Flower by Jo Malone

Frangipani Flower is a new and limited perfume by Jo Malone for women and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-creamy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Limited Edition

Marie Salamagne

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Jasmine
Heart Notes Heart NotesYlang-ylang, Frangipani
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 22.08.2019

8.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

Isn't it romantic?
The lack of salt drove me to Galeries Lafayette.
Yes, there is only one type of salt that I use and it is worth going to the gourmet department for that.
Of course it wasn't salt alone: a piece of Breton butter with the coarse lumps of salt, goat camembert and tasty fig bread were also absolutely necessary with.
And of course I strolled through the perfumery department; I had time, so I could look at everything in peace and think about assigning many of the scents lined up there to my existing scent samples.

I haven't been there for a long time.
How long did I notice when I discovered a depot of Jo Malone; in October it will be one year at this location - how did I oversleep all this time?
Of course, the salesgirl and I started talking. She, after already 31 years of professional experience in the "fragrance business", could remember also still well much: also to the time of the "large smells" of the eighties.
How we laughed at our youthful sins with all the far too heavy, too adult scents we tipped over to make an impression. These "scented shoes" were a few sizes too big for us.
Now she has landed with Jo Malone and our exchange of experiences about this brand was accordingly intensive.

Before I left her, I got to know "Frangipani Flower" from the current collection.
She said that we both would go well together - and that's how it is!
I met a fragrance creature that, at first glance, seemed to fit well into the fifties and sixties.
Like a light yellow fragrant summer dress with a swinging skirt, "Frangipani Flower" nestles to you.
The special scent of these flowers had really fallen into oblivion for some time; here my memory of scents was not mistaken.

It is therefore all the more pleasing that this so feminine fragrance has found its way back into new compositions.
A delicate, fresh lemon aroma corresponds perfectly with the heaviness of jasmine. The result is something flowery and elegant, which at the same time is summery and lively and stays that way for the rest of the year.
The scent of the Frangipani blossom is, in my opinion, a mixture of a touch of vanilla, amaretto/almond, jasmine and a hint of freshly grated lemon peel: so much scent beauty is united here in a single, enchanting blossom!
This sensual magic is lovingly married to my special Darling Ylang-Ylang.
So far, this graceful lady is flowery and light-hearted; as light as if she was floating.
This prevents a scent net of sandalwood and gives at the same time a little contour. I think it's a pleasant stabilizer, even if it's often a bit repetitive or even bulky.
"Frangipani Flower" also gets a dash of eroticism; so far this fragrance creature was sweet, but also a little bit boring. That suddenly subsides!
Sandalwood creates a delightful, romantic summer scent that is not only feminine and lively, but also flirts with the wearer and her counterpart.
That's why I remembered an old song by Richard Rodgers, which Maurice Chevalier sang back then:
"Isn't it romantic?"
"Yes, it is!"

Durability and Sillage correspond to the experiences made with other Jo Malone fragrances.
They are all light-footed and therefore I don't expect more than four or five hours of accompaniment It's this lightness that makes her so charming.

Now I'm only curious what the mysterious new presentation in Germany on November 11th/12th of this year will turn out to be!
Allegedly not even the employees of the company know what it is about.
This new fragrance is already being sold in England; the fragrance boundary here seems to be surprisingly impermeable.
If I think about it, I'll just stop by.
8.0 4.0 1.0 8.0/10

Too short a summer day
I wanted to buy myself a light summer perfume. Flowery, light, not too inconspicuous.
So is Frangipani. Unfortunately, it doesn't last long with me.
The fragrance itself is a successful mixture of citric and jasmine. There's the jasmine, which I like very much, light and fresh. Then the others come quickly, but don't stay long. So the pleasure is only short. Too bad.

Jazzy76 98 days ago
Light, exotic and creamy, it's perfect scent in the hottest days. However, the sillage is weak and the bottle not so refined for its price

Popular Jo Malone

Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne) by Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay (Cologne) by Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot by Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin (Cologne) by Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily by Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia (Cologne) by Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir (Cologne) by Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao by Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud by Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom (Cologne) by Jo Malone Grapefruit by Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey (Cologne) by Jo Malone Nutmeg & Ginger by Jo Malone Saffron by Jo Malone Earl Grey & Cucumber by Jo Malone Orange Blossom (Cologne) by Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede (Cologne) by Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise by Jo Malone Amber & Patchouli by Jo Malone