Jasmine Sambac & Marigold 2018

Jasmine Sambac & Marigold by Jo Malone
Jasmine Sambac & Marigold is a popular perfume by Jo Malone for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPot marigoldPot marigold
LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambacJasmine sambac
Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoinBenzoin
VanillaVanilla
AmberAmber

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 20.10.2021.

The city of light
Just a tiny spray.
Close your eyes.
Take a deep breath.

I'm back. I am back in that place I was eleven years ago. The place whose impressions I had locked deep in my heart. Memories that I am not able to evoke in the hectic everyday life. With just a sprinkle I'm back, oh Kashi, you city of light.

I remember the smells of incense on every corner, the scent of the sultry air, the smells of the colorful market stalls mixed with spices from every alley. Add to that the scents from the temples with their holy offerings of sweets, flowers, rice and milk. The melange mingles with ever-changing scents. Chai joins in and the designated smoky smell of the ghats during the burnings. In the evening I sit in the garden, the sun has long set, there is no dusk, no warning that the day is drawing to a close. Just as there is no preparation for this olfactory experience, which I am reviewing while sitting in this garden. A garden full of jasmine blossoms that only begin to release their fragrance at dusk. This clear, intense fragrance grounds me, everything relaxes, the hustle and bustle of the day fades away, everything suddenly seems far away, only penetrating through to me in a muffled way. I arrive at me in the "so far way".

I close my eyes.
I take a deep breath.
At this moment I want to stay forever in this very garden in "my" city of light. Oh Kashi, you beautiful, you wild, you holy.

---------------

I can add little more to this fragrance other than my true scent experience. But I will say this: it is the most authentic jasmine fragrance I have ever encountered. Exactly how it smells at dusk in India in the sultry air of a garden. It's dreamy.

Scentwitch
A beautiful, warm seductive fragrance
One of my favorite Jo Malone scents, I find myself constantly smelling my arms when I wear this one. I could bathe in it—it has such a gorgeous warmth to it. The longevity and sillage are fantastic, so bathing in it wouldn’t be advised.
It’s more feminine, but I can see some men wearing it with no problem. You have to love jasmine though, as it is first and foremost in your face. I don’t smell marigold at all, and didn’t know they had a scent.
In any case, you think of tropical gardens while wearing this fragrance. It’s pricey, but totally worth every penny. Bring it on! It’s so sexy!
Caecilie
This can't be happening...
that Jo Malone or the perfumer Mathilde Bijaoui, unknown to me so far, has created such a dreamlike jasmine scent!
Today I tested it and let it spray on my wrist after the first sniff on paper, which in this case cost me almost no courage at all, because it already smelled fantastically warm and golden on paper, yet equipped with fresh components, beguilingly flowery with a certain "background!".

In detail, this means that the golden jasmineambac and the wonderful ylang-ylang flower, unobtrusively accompanied by the mild freshness of marigold and lemon, immediately rises into my nose. Benzoin and amber give the fragrance a warm-balsamic base, which is given a pleasant creamy note by the added vanilla. The fragrance appears to me floral, round, fresh and luminous at the same time. I could roll in it!!! As a lover of Dior's "J'adore" fragrances, he reminds me of J'adore-L'absolu. Even Roberto Cavalli's "Cavalli", despite its dominant jasmine note, does not seem too far away to me - only that it lacks any effect-snatching, vampar-like note. He doesn't need them either, because his radiant elegance makes for a wonderfully feminine effect. In a man I could imagine the smell only in exceptional cases.

"Jasmin-Sambac " is a warm, vanilla-creamy, yet golden shining winter jasmine scent like you can only dream of.
I'd love to buy it right away, but my allergy life taught me to buy a bottle first in order to test it thoroughly. I'm looking forward to it!
Say yes to jasmine
You have to like jasmine, but that was hopefully clear to everyone by the name, wasn't it? British understatement is not so much there, rather typical British dreams of India - when you were still a colonial power - if there wasn't ... Indigenous ... Insurgent ... Hot tropical diseases ... You can read the rest e.g. at Agatha Christie.

So a full load of jasmine right up front. And it stays and stays. Hot-blooded (!), warm summer nights with almost pompous jasmine. The most obtrusive of all shrubs, a wonderfully fragrant white bloomer, reinforced by some ylang ylang. It's wonderful when you like it.
Turgid but only almost, so far Jo Malone remains halfway true to himself (because of british understatement); the scent takes itself back at exactly the right place at the right time (with me after about an hour) a little bit. Maybe that's where the prosaic marigold got in his way or on the &-side. How it smells, I wouldn't even know now, this medicinal plant, which is spread all over Europe from the Mediterranean to the English monastery garden. Marigold ointment should really have everyone in the house and marigold tea too. And so orange! Imagine them next to the jasmine bush with its white flowers. It's a big hit in terms of colour, but otherwise it doesn't really fit at all.

I just read that the marigold is the classic "He loves me, he doesn't love me" flower. I hear this for the first time, but perhaps this is the missing link to jasmine, to which the image of the mysterious and seductive oriental love beyond death (Taj Mahal and the like more), worn out over the years, always adheres as inevitably as the flies that stand on the indolish scent of the blossom
Well, with the good-looking and pretty marigold, however, the fragrance obviously remains quite oriental-ocidentally balanced and in a tolerable and wearable frame and I must say I find it delicious on the second attempt. The first time, it was still too strong for me. But AugustA likes jasmine. Say yes to jasmine. Honey sweet, spicy, slightly confusing jasmine. Without Pipapo and without soap, so also not too much cleaned.
Then, after two hours a mild change: I smell light powder. Jasmine powder! In addition to a gentle rounding by vanilla, the spicy variety. In addition a floral-fresh early morning breeze. - Ach!

So, anyone who likes jasmine - go ahead. All others are all others.
DonJuanDeCat
With marigolds against zombies!
Soo... here it is, the new fragrance from Jo Malone. Or let's say one of the new fragrances, as there have been quite a few new fragrances released this year, such as the English Fields range. This fragrance here is not limited edition though, so it will be part of the whole collection.

The fragrance is called Jasmine Sambac & Marigold. The name thus announces a floral fragrance. Jasmine, well, that should be obvious what it is. By now, I even know what you can imagine by jasmine. But Marigold? So marigolds?

Well, I emphasize here again and again that I have no idea about flowers. So that I would write now, that I must google immediately times after it, what marigolds are... but HALT! I know marigolds!!! Yeah, you guys wouldn't have guessed that now would you? However, it's not like I know these flowers out of personal interest or anything, but... well, because they appear in a video game called Plants vs. Zombies, where you have to put plants in your garden to stop advancing zombies. Pea plants, for example, shoot against the zombies with just peas, watermelon plants throw watermelons, or a chili can be used to torch a whole bunch of zombies with its fiery heat, and so on... :DD

And since there are marigolds in the game, I just know what marigolds are, but I still have to admit one thing: How marigolds Smell, well that I do not really know... :D

The scent:
So, somehow you don't smell anything in the top note. At least not what is stated. Because right at the beginning I perceive a strong, but beautiful jasmine note. This one smells very natural and almost like sniffing a real flower. It is sweet, but still smells quite different from the jasmine you usually find in many (sweet-floral) fragrances.
This remains so for a while, until the fragrance becomes heavier. A sultry smelling ylang-ylang is now to smell, which I somehow once again not so much like. Ylang-ylang seems to be in vogue, by the way, as it often strikes me lately in new fragrances, such as the new Mon Guerlain Florale, where a very intense ylang note can also be smelled.
Well anyway, especially the beginning of the base is still quite strong Ylang-heavy, so that the fragrance seems quite sultry. Only then, gradually, the fragrance becomes milder again, which is probably thanks to the vanilla. However, the ylang-ylang itself also seems to mellow, as you can smell floral notes (which could now be marigolds, perhaps?) as well as jasmine, in particular, very well again. An actually nice fragrance, which will please especially if you also quite like ylang-ylang.

The sillage and the durability:
The beginning of the fragrance is quite weak, but so from the heart note he then seems to really turn on. Then the fragrance is some time well smellable and I think you also leave a small fragrance cloud.
The durability has turned out well, so that the fragrance lasts more than nine or ten hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is black (but transparent) and rectangular with rounded corners. On the front you can see a large label with the logo of Jo Malone as well as the fragrance name. The chrome lid is rounded / oval and looks like an old-fashioned doorknob. It looks nice.

Sooo, I must say that the new fragrance of Jo Malone can convince first already. He smells quite nice, even if he is too Ylang-heavy for myself. If you don't mind that, you'll get a nice scent that fits into spring as well as autumn. And I say here deliberately "the", because the fragrance is in my opinion in no way unisex, but absolutely feminine.

Well anyway, the fragrance is so as I said nice, but unfortunately now also comes a groooßes but:
The fragrance has no particular strengths and also nothing really distinctive in itself, because such fragrances have somehow always been there, because it basically only smells of flowers or flowers, even if these fragrances should be beautiful. That said, expectations here shouldn't be too high, but you also can't go wrong if you're looking for something (heavy sultry) floral, depending on just what kind of flowers you want to smell. So you can test him quiet times.

...uhh, in Plants vs. Zombies, as I said, you have to plaster your garden full of plants and flowers to stop zombies from invading your house and, well, eating your brains out. The marigolds, however, are just ornamental plants that can be planted in another garden, which you can then grow to resell for a profit. Oh, and in the game, of course, the flowers have faces and dance happily away, which looks cuter than real flowers :)

ScentwitchScentwitch 7 months ago
A great, sexy sleeping perfume
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
Another masterpiece : it's a unisex fragrance but I find it very feminin , with its Jasmine-ylang heart. Perfectly balanced. Price very high

by Volja
by Volja

Popular Jo Malone

Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne) by Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay (Cologne) by Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily by Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom (Cologne) by Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot by Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao by Jo Malone Saffron by Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica by Jo Malone Orange Bitters by Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone English Oak & Hazelnut by Jo Malone Ginger Biscuit by Jo Malone Amber & Patchouli (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Honey & Crocus by Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede (Cologne) by Jo Malone Bronze Wood & Leather by Jo Malone Midnight Black Tea by Jo Malone Vetiver & Golden Vanilla by Jo Malone