Mimosa & Cardamom 2015Cologne

Mimosa & Cardamom (Cologne) by Jo Malone
Mimosa & Cardamom (Cologne) is a popular perfume by Jo Malone for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is floral-spicy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Marie Salamagne

Mimosa, Cardamom, Tonka bean, Sandalwood, Heliotrope, Damask rose

Submitted by Cymbidium, last update on 02.10.2020.

Soft autumn dream
Before I bought the fragrance, I had already heard a lot about him. It is one of the more popular Jo Malones and based on the many positive opinions, I wanted to test it. The first time I tested it I put it on a sample card and took it home. When I sprayed it on I classified the fragrance as spicy and floral, but cardamom clearly dominated. Once at home, I did not find the scent bad at all, on the contrary. I liked the now delicate, unobtrusive soft note. However, it did not knock me off my feet. During the second test, the extremely pleasant and courteous customer consultant sprayed the scent on a card and on my arm. After half an hour she recommended that I sniff my arm. I did and VOILA, I HAD MY NEW FAVORITE Scent. The longer I waited, the more the initially spicy note faded away and the mimosa was blended with sandalwood and tonka to form a wonderfully soft cream. This softness gives the fragrance something feminine, although I generally classify the fragrance as unisex. Cardamom combined with light, soft notes creates an ideal balance between masculine and feminine.
Warm and soft fragrances like this are great to wear on cold days. I didn't think that any fragrance would be as perfect for autumn as this one (normally I don't like to classify fragrances in seasons, but this one is just ideal for rainy days) which is why it enriches my perfume collection since this week:)
In addition to the spicy and floral, I would also describe it as fresh. Not as citrusy or pungent fresh, but rather as roundingly fresh. With a cologne, freshness is of course not surprising.
Regarding the intensity I can only say that the scent is strong in any case. Whoever sprays a few splashes will noticeably smell strong. The durability of my products is so lala..
A few more words about the bottle: it is incredibly simple, yet very elegant and above all handy (have the large size with 100ml).
Think that the small flacon would be ideal too, especially for the handbag.
Conclusion: If you are looking for soft fragrances with recognition value, you will get your money's worth here. A spicy start and a soft, creamy flow, embedded in cultivated freshness. Perfect for everyday use (a few sprayers are enough).
Cardamom My Love
My very first Jo Malone fragrance I was allowed to stumble upon and still my favourite. Since I am a fan of powdery fragrances, I was wrapped in this fragrance in the perfumery of my trust. I was sceptical about the included cardamom, as spice in the rules is not for me. Here the relationship between flattering powderiness and the spiciness of cardamom is incredibly well chosen. Definitely one of my favorite scents.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Tre strange couple: mimosa and cardamom!I tested and I must say that it's a wonderful marriage. A spicy-flowery bouquet very particular

by ChopIsland
by ChopIsland
by Elena00
by Elena00
by Ninis
by Ninis

Popular Jo Malone

Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne) by Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud by Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily by Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay (Cologne) by Jo Malone Saffron by Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot by Jo Malone Amber & Patchouli (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao by Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede (Cologne) by Jo Malone Jade Leaf Tea by Jo Malone Honey & Crocus by Jo Malone English Oak & Hazelnut by Jo Malone Orange Bitters by Jo Malone Oat & Cornflower by Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia (Cologne) by Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica by Jo Malone Sorrel & Lemon Thyme by Jo Malone Tobacco & Mandarin by Jo Malone