Mimosa & Cardamom 2015 Cologne

Mimosa & Cardamom (Cologne) by Jo Malone
Mimosa & Cardamom (Cologne) is a popular perfume by Jo Malone for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is floral-spicy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with English Pear & Freesia (Cologne)

Marie Salamagne

MimosaMimosa
CardamomCardamom
Tonka beanTonka bean
SandalwoodSandalwood
HeliotropeHeliotrope
Damask roseDamask rose

Submitted by Cymbidium, last update on 21.01.2022.

A glass of Golden Milk & a bunch of mimosas
My latest love from the house of Jo Malone!

I say it right up front, so that it is pronounced and does not stand in the way of further evaluation: The durability of the fragrance is rather mediocre with me (a common theme with Jo Malone).

BUT - the fragrance itself is just wonderful.

For me, it goes best with a beautiful autumn day.
When it is already cool in the morning and the air is wonderfully fresh.
When the light in the afternoon bathes everything in a golden glow.
When you choose a warmer jacket for your Saturday visit to the market and look forward to being able to buy pumpkin again to bake the first Pumkin Pie of the year from it.
When you sit outside your favorite coffee shop with a blanket over your knees and a book in hand, the sun still gently warming but no longer stinging, and your hands close around a big mug of chai latte.

Such a day is made even cozier by the company of Mimosa & Cardamon.
I discovered my love for cardamon in fragrances through this scent.
Since then, my eyes flash when I read this note in the breakdown of a fragrance pyramid or detect it in a perfume.
And also the mimosa - which can also be a difficult "roommate", because it likes to push itself into the foreground and quickly seems too heavy, is beautifully balanced here.

The fragrance works on my skin creamy, warm, floral - and so fine that I do not mind to spray again after about 4 hours.

I look forward to the coming autumn days with you, Mimosa & Cardamon! :)
Cardamom, my Love
Right now it's 0:18 in August, we're sitting on the balcony watching stars and shooting stars and while I sniff my latest conquest.

Just under 2 weeks ago we were in Barcelona spontaneously and briefly, visiting family - quite crowded - quite exhausting - but also emotional and all round wonderful.
Shortly before the flight home, in the duty free, I went through the aisles and scents as usual routine, stopped briefly and without expectations at JM and had it in the nose - Mimosa & Cardamon. Oh wow.

I bought, spontaneously and immediately. My husband was grad somewhere else, he was not asked this time for his opinion - I was uncompromisingly enchanted.

Even after almost 2 weeks lasts I still love the fragrance: this spontaneous freshness when spraying on and the gentle spiciness, the subsequent powderiness, the beautiful mood that this fragrance gives me - perhaps a little like the special holiday, a mixture of relaxation and exciting curiosity.

And yesaaaaaa - I actually wear firecrackers like Tom Fords Noir or Tobacco Vanille, gladly also sometimes Guerlain...

But this Cardamon dream, which later develops such a wonderfully warm blend of tonka bean and sandalwood - becomes powdery.... I am in love and completely enchanted by this cardamon - tonka - dream ?

My Wehmutztropfen is only that I have to renew it 3 times a day, because the shelf life is truly modest. At this price in the long run a costly pleasure ? but still I am willing to bear this consequence.
Even in winter, under completely different circumstances, I can imagine him as a wonderful companion for cozy evenings by the fireplace with a nice book.

My husband finds him (compared to my other fragrances) as quite tart and rather spicy, but he is just also what completely different from me used to ?

Mimosa is nice
The mimosa here is really nice and I absolutely love how it smells the first 30 minutes or so. On my skin it does go away quickly though, leaving a peppery smell, which is nice but not as great as the mimosa. I’d love to smell mimosa throughout the entire journey with this fragrance.
Sillage is close. Longevity overall low, but I don’t expect more from this brand and it’s not concerning to me.
This fragrance is great to wear in the spring, as it evokes the blooming of flowers everywhere—on trees, in fields, gardens, etc.
I layer it with Lily of the Valley & Ivy by the same brand.
Soft autumn dream
Before I bought the fragrance, I had already heard a lot about him. It is one of the more popular Jo Malones and based on the many positive opinions, I wanted to test it. The first time I tested it I put it on a sample card and took it home. When I sprayed it on I classified the fragrance as spicy and floral, but cardamom clearly dominated. Once at home, I did not find the scent bad at all, on the contrary. I liked the now delicate, unobtrusive soft note. However, it did not knock me off my feet. During the second test, the extremely pleasant and courteous customer consultant sprayed the scent on a card and on my arm. After half an hour she recommended that I sniff my arm. I did and VOILA, I HAD MY NEW FAVORITE Scent. The longer I waited, the more the initially spicy note faded away and the mimosa was blended with sandalwood and tonka to form a wonderfully soft cream. This softness gives the fragrance something feminine, although I generally classify the fragrance as unisex. Cardamom combined with light, soft notes creates an ideal balance between masculine and feminine.
Warm and soft fragrances like this are great to wear on cold days. I didn't think that any fragrance would be as perfect for autumn as this one (normally I don't like to classify fragrances in seasons, but this one is just ideal for rainy days) which is why it enriches my perfume collection since this week:)
In addition to the spicy and floral, I would also describe it as fresh. Not as citrusy or pungent fresh, but rather as roundingly fresh. With a cologne, freshness is of course not surprising.
Regarding the intensity I can only say that the scent is strong in any case. Whoever sprays a few splashes will noticeably smell strong. The durability of my products is so lala..
A few more words about the bottle: it is incredibly simple, yet very elegant and above all handy (have the large size with 100ml).
Think that the small flacon would be ideal too, especially for the handbag.
Conclusion: If you are looking for soft fragrances with recognition value, you will get your money's worth here. A spicy start and a soft, creamy flow, embedded in cultivated freshness. Perfect for everyday use (a few sprayers are enough).
Cardamom My Love
My very first Jo Malone fragrance I was allowed to stumble upon and still my favourite. Since I am a fan of powdery fragrances, I was wrapped in this fragrance in the perfumery of my trust. I was sceptical about the included cardamom, as spice in the rules is not for me. Here the relationship between flattering powderiness and the spiciness of cardamom is incredibly well chosen. Definitely one of my favorite scents.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
Tre strange couple: mimosa and cardamom!I tested and I must say that it's a wonderful marriage. A spicy-flowery bouquet very particular

by ChopIsland
by Ninis
by Anneken
by Anneken

Popular Jo Malone

Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne) by Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay (Cologne) by Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily by Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot by Jo Malone Orange Bitters by Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao by Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica by Jo Malone Saffron by Jo Malone Bronze Wood & Leather by Jo Malone English Oak & Hazelnut by Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone Jasmine Sambac & Marigold by Jo Malone Amber & Patchouli (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede (Cologne) by Jo Malone Ginger Biscuit by Jo Malone Honey & Crocus by Jo Malone Vetiver & Golden Vanilla by Jo Malone Midnight Black Tea by Jo Malone