Myrrh & Tonka 2017

Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone
Myrrh & Tonka is a popular perfume by Jo Malone for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Earl Grey & Cucumber

Top Notes Top NotesLavenderLavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesNamibian myrrhNamibian myrrh
Base Notes Base NotesTonka beanTonka bean
AlmondAlmond
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 21.01.2022.

Mature Lolita
The night opened its womb. The moon sent out its rays: carefully, almost cautiously, they penetrated the thin swathes of passing clouds and gave them a fleeting silvery-pure glow, caressed the contours of the landscape, met the high treetops, reflected in the alert eye of an eagle owl perched on a high branch, and created a natural painting full of physically palpable contrasts.

Were the proud firs aware of the sacredness of this gift offered to them by the tender kiss of light in the dark? Did the frantic, cramming heart of the field mouse, filled only with worry and drive, scurrying over the shaded foliage, manage to find, at least for a few moments, some reassurance in the beauty and infinity of the deep night sky?
Would envy arise in the eternally small souls of the innumerable subterranean creatures, would they, contrary to their nature, bring up their feelers of the upper world, and would they, in spite of the lack of an organ suited to optics, be able to catch in themselves a single, tiny perception; would envy even become consuming anger and blind rage because of the injustice of this world...?

Dolores Haze stood leaning against a tree, wrapped in the awakening dimness of the forest. Her hair seemed to have laughingly accepted the wind's invitation to dance. The shadows on her face remained untouched by any glow; her once innocent gaze roamed the landscape. With what frivolous naïveté the sensual world is capable of presenting itself! A melancholy smile. Memories.
She had grown up. Time had left its mark, but her beauty had remained unmistakable. She was still temptation incarnate, sin. She was the night. A sensual, sweet, enchanting, and sensory-stealing one. Free of morbidity and full of life. Warm, pulsating, beguiling.

Light is the exception. Darkness is the rule. Light is awareness, recognition, and knowledge. It is always under the yoke of darkness, it must always consume something in order to be. Something must always burn in order for light to arise, which tries to dispute the omnipresence of darkness... and the same victor always emerges. Everything living represents only a brief point of light in the firmament. But darkness is not the antithesis of life!

********************!*

Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone represents a masterpiece for me. I find the fragrance to be seductive, sensual, yet elegant and mysterious. It is every time a gift to yourself to wear it. A temptation that I do not resist at times!
FrauMieze
Great love with a great performance
To Myrrh & Tonka I have already made a short statement.
But I just have to get rid of a review as well.

THE... he is simply unbelievably good. A great unisex fragrance that I have not yet smelled on a man, though. Mine tests yes so reluctantly for me. I recently gave him the Oat & Cornflower because it's too masculine for me. He says it'll last him until it's empty. That's how long he doesn't want to test anything else....grumble....some men.... i don't have to understand.

From Jo Malone one is not used to such a good performance. But that is totally different with this one. I have a top durability and a decent silage.

Myrrh ??? I did not know what to do with it at first. I first thought of church and the incense...I do not like that so at all, is much too scratchy and smoky for my taste, but you can not compare that at all.
Tonka bean, vanilla and almond are among my absolute favorites anyway. Since you can hardly do anything wrong. So I bought it.
You might think that by the base of the fragrance is very sweet, but it is not, rather creamy, strong, spicy, powdery and absolutely balsamic.
A very special treasure I never want to give away. For me, he should be almost a little more intense.
When I wear it, must sniff the whole time on me and then sigh deeply with well-being.

I use Myrrh & Tonka like to layer, in combination with eg Blackberry & Bay he is the absolute blast and so for me also so what of summer suitable

Get ready for the night
I liked this fragrance from the first time I've smelt it. Simply gorgeous. Dark, sweet, a bit smoky, a bit creamy and mysterious. The tonka is very present and in combination with the myrr is fantastic !
The fragrance is also "equiped" with almond and vanilla which amplifies that creaminess and it gives balance to the composition. I see it as a colder weather night time fragrance with a high versatility. I am saying this because the sillage of it doesn't disturb but it's present, it's there. This is almost the perfect sillage a fragrance can have ! The lasting power is VERY strong on myself. That sweet creaminess of vanillic & tonka really stays for over 10 hours and the sillage is present in the first hours, starting to fade slowly and after around 6 hours it stops. Then it becomes a skin scent for additional few hours.
The painful part is the price. Pretty expensive but you should at least try it !

Overall : 8/10

mystical temptation
For a long time I didn't have Jo Malone on my screen, of course you have seen it at the airport or in London every now and then but never heard of it.
In Berlin in the KaDeWe I snooped through and got stuck on a scent. Myrrh and Tonka. It was my first experience with incense and I was and am really positively surprised. I like to associate scents with places or other memories and this dark, mystical scent made me think a little of the two Sherlock Holmes movies with Robert Downey Jr. The "scent mood" simply made me think of the mood in the film. Secret societies, dark, narrow streets and something rough.

The interplay of incense, a subtle floral note and just on the tonka bean, coupled with a slight sweetness makes this fragrance really unique and fits wonderfully in the transition months or even in the winter. Fortunately it is not overly sweet or heavy, so you can wear it quite often when you want to get into its mystical Sillage wrappings. It has a good durability and can fill smaller rooms well, but more like lighting a big scented candle.

A great fragrance for those who are looking for something different, maybe even when you go out in the evening.

Myrrh & Tonka Jo Malone London
It's been a cold Spring here in Canada and over the last week we've had snow 5 out of 7 days. I thought that it would be perfect weather for a warm and cozy fragrance.

Enter Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka. I knew that I was going to love this before the first spritz even hit my skin. I was THAT confident! I certainly can't say that about every scent that I've ever sprayed on myself for the first time.

This is right up my alley. Vanilla and tonka bean add a moderate sweetness, the touch of lavender adds a delicate floral aspect, the almond gives it a kiss of nuttiness and the myrrh gives it that luxurious, resinous, expensive, mild incense-y feel. In an alternate universe, this could be an art house version of Dior Hypnotic Poison. I think it's the vanilla and almond essence that's putting me in that mindset but this is much simpler of course.

This does turn a tad powdery and soapy on my skin. In other fragrances that can be a deal breaker but it doesn't bother me here. It's so well blended that as a whole, it's completely self-endulgent and entirely enjoyable.

The lasting power is great for a Jo Malone. Many of her scents tend to fade out rather quickly but this sticks around for the long haul. I think this may replace my beloved Pomegranate Noir as my favourite Jo Malone offering!
Beautiful temptation
When I took a closer look at this scent of notes and descriptions from the internet, I was already blown away by the pyramid, or rather a few notes. Tonka bean, I love this note (it is one of my favorites). Then vanilla and almond. That looks great to me already. Then myrrh jumped into my eye, I find it very interesting in combination with the other notes that I like. Then lavender. Oh dear, that's a note in some perfumes that I don't like. There are some fragrances where lavender seems soft and supple. Then there are scents where lavender is herbaceous and masculine. Now I was a little insecure. Since the scent still appeals to me, it had to be tested.

Immediately after spraying I perceive lavender. But here, thank God, it appears soft and cuddly. Shortly after, I can also detect myrrh. I also find this note harmonious here (on my skin). Tonka bean is added in the first 10 minutes, oh how I love Tonka! Vanilla and almond are also added in the course of time. I find this fragrance generally so great, but once it has developed on my skin, it is a true beauty: Tonka bean and myrrh mix, refined with vanilla, lavender and almond underline this fragrance. I find it balsamic, aromatic, sweet, tonka-bean (I don't think the word exists :D ), vanilla and smoky. This little water is wonderful
As far as durability is concerned, I can't complain. Applied in the morning, it is still present in the afternoon.

I personally see this fragrance in winter. On cold autumn or spring days I also find it wearable. But on warm autumn or spring days and in summer I don't see it, it would be too much or too overwhelming.

The perfect one!
I found it! After years and years of searching for the perfect one, i belive I found it!
I can’t get enough of this amazing and simple creation.
This will aleays be in my collection.
Just amazing
Love at first sight!
As the headline says, I was blown away by this fragrance from the beginning. Sometimes nothing with flowers or fruits in the course, but so completely different. When I wear it, I just feel in a good mood and nothing can go wrong. The scenting process is now quite simple. Sometimes I smell the vanilla a bit more and then again the almond with the small Tonka bean pushes itself forward and wants to have its say. All the time, however, the myrrh clearly has the crown on and is knocking loudly and determinedly for its place in the front row.

The intensity of the fragrance is incredibly long for a cologne, even if Jo Malone calls it Cologne Intense. I can still get a good whiff of it after 6 to 7 hours and I think in spring and summer it really holds out until the evening
Whoever wants to try something extraordinary is in good hands with this fragrance.

Emorandeira
Balsámic and warm sweet scent
I am not a Big fan of jo Malone fragances because most of their Fragances are too simple, light and soft for me and because the performan is usually weak. But myrrh & tonka is special! This one is more complwx and mucho more intense and Deep than most JM perfumes. I dont know if this is an EDC,edt ir edp but on my skin It behaves better than many perfumes! The perfume lasts a lot, being like a balsámic vanilla smell, very confortable and versatile. This is for me a must!

Scent: 9.5
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 6
Quality/price: 6
Versatility: 8
Originality: 7
Global: 8.5

Myrrh and Tonka review
Hello, here is my video review for Myrrh and Tonka, and first one for the house of Jo Malone. As the name suggests, you should expect the eponymous ingredients, but is there anymore to it. I hope you find the review useful, thanks for watching.

MariaSMariaS 2 months ago
Boring…it’s just a sweet vanilla & myrrh…too simple for its price! I m glad I didn’t blind bought this only by reading the reviews!
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 5 months ago
"sweet-spicy" is very accurate. Sweet from tonka and spicy from myrrh&lavender, and those are well blended, not too much sweet nor spicy.
SpicyDiceSpicyDice 2 years ago
Toller, leicht mystischer Duft für alle Jahreszeiten.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
BEST perfume by jo Malone. Balsámic and warm vanilla with very good longevity and noticeable projection. One of my favourite sweet perfumes
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
A very nice winter fragrance: myrrh and tonka bean are noticeable, while I don't smell the lavender notes, at least on my skin. Recommended.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 5 years ago
Sample before you commit: can be overwhelming and too sticky sweet. All about Tonka, nothing else.

by Camey5000
by XGoldmarie
by Benane
by Benane

Popular Jo Malone

Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne) by Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay (Cologne) by Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily by Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom (Cologne) by Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot by Jo Malone Orange Bitters by Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao by Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica by Jo Malone Saffron by Jo Malone Bronze Wood & Leather by Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone Jasmine Sambac & Marigold by Jo Malone English Oak & Hazelnut by Jo Malone Amber & Patchouli (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede (Cologne) by Jo Malone Ginger Biscuit by Jo Malone Honey & Crocus by Jo Malone Vetiver & Golden Vanilla by Jo Malone Midnight Black Tea by Jo Malone