Orange Blossom 2003 Cologne

Orange Blossom (Cologne) by Jo Malone
Orange Blossom (Cologne) is a perfume by Jo Malone for women and men and was released in 2003. The scent is citrusy-floral. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesClementine blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhite lilacWhite lilac Water lilyWater lily Orange blossomOrange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesIrisIris VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Chemist, last update on 04.05.2022.

"White Lilac" instead of "Orange Blossom" - wedding fragrance
Anyone who runs like me at the moment to any even approaching blooming lilac and smells it, will love this fragrance. An absolute spring fragrance with a lot of power, a little more power than you're usually used to from the Jo Malone fragrances.

Oh yes, why had I now mentioned the lilac? -
In my opinion, the fragrance should rather be called "White Lilac" instead of "Orange Blossom", because the lilac is so so present and the rest of the flowers only lean. So who is a fan of lilac, "Orange Blossom" is a super buy recommendation!

Also, it is not unusual that "Orange Blossom" is marketed on the Jo Malone website as a wedding signature. To me, this fragrance is the scent of a bride getting married in the spring or just so in the summer. Many people are of the opinion that "Mon Guerlain" is the perfect fragrance for getting married. For me personally, I can't agree with that, because for me the fragrance is too sweet and too well-behaved and reserved. Who is like me lively and not on the mouth, I recommend quite clearly "Orange Blossom".

Greetings, I am quite curious about your opinion :)

A Favorite
I sleep in this lovely scent almost every night. The top notes are citrus—a beautiful, relaxing fragrance, not overpowering or heavy. The orange combines with Waterlily, which produces watery floral heart notes. I don’t detect iris.
Sillage is moderate, longevity is about four hours.
The price point is good, and the bottle is pretty. I have the silver cap, but hope to buy the orange cap once it’s available again.
It’s my go-to evening scent.

Thank you...
I had looked at Orange Blossom, and read many good reviews, but never purchased because I had 20+ orange blossom and neroli fragrances, and thought that I didn't need another. I was wrong. JM's Orange Blossom is a wonderful addition to my collection. It was Briarthorn who suggested trying it, and when she mentioned the gorgeous lilac drydown I knew I had to try it. I ordered four spray samples, and before the first one was gone I knew I'd be getting a FB. As others have said, it's all about the orange tree at first, but then turns to that amazing lilac finish. Since I love lilacs as well as orange blossoms, this suits me perfectly. So, a big thank you goes to Briarthorn for suggesting it - and her timing was perfect. It was right before my birthday, and I got my husband to pay for my FB - double plus!

Briarthorn
A walk from the blooming orange grove to the lilac bush by the front porch
I grew up surrounded by orange groves and still take a drive along the grove roads each season they are in bloom.There is nothing as wonderful as the smell of an Orange Grove in bloom. It is magical and if you've never experienced it you really need to.

The opening of this brought tears to my eyes. It was perfect. I could almost believe I was running through a grove in bloom. The balance of floral and green notes was spot on. Perfectly delightful.

After a bit it warms up and the lilac base steps forward and blends nicely with the grove.

It's not the longest lived perfume but it's heaven while it's there. I love it.

Edit: The last few times I've worn this perfume the "orange grove" has faded away after about an hour and it becomes a rather linear Lilac perfume. It's still lovely but Lilac is definitely the soloist after the Orange grove completes it's bright introduction and exits the stage. A good one to try if looking for a basic Lilac.

Oct
2013

Very pretty
I first sampled this a year ago. I was pleasantly surprised but not "wowed". It seemed a bit simplistic to me so I kept looking in vain for a better orange blossom scent.

Today I finally bought a bottle. It is VERY pretty. I find it refreshingly uncomplicated and easy to wear. I'd like to think that this smell suits me. It's not angry, aggressive or offensive. It's gentle, elegant and honest. These are attributes that I value. I want to be approachable. I want to be kind. I want to smell like orange blossoms.

When I don't know what to wear- I will reach for this. I'm not one who feels comfortable leaving a trial of scent in my wake. Orange Blossom lasts a long time on my skin but doesn't project far. I don't know why I waited so long for a full bottle.

Orange Blossom
This is a really beautiful fragrance. Right from the get go I can smell the lilac being very prominent on my skin. Reminds me of when I was a child and I'd pick lilacs and bring them home for my mother and the smell would waft through the entire house. The orange blossom is also very nicely blended in and smooth. These two notes are what I predominantly smell on my skin. I love when I wear it and catch whiffs of it all through the day. It's a scent that just makes you feel happy and uplifted. I have such a tiny bottle of it so it's used sparingly to make it last. I would love to get a big bottle one day. I have no problem with its lasting power either. At the end of the day I can still smell it. This one is a must have!

VovavVovav 2 months ago
It's overpriced, lasts an hour if you're lucky, and doesn't project at all... but it's such a fantasatic fragrance that I keep coming back
Cjm68Cjm68 3 months ago
Loved the light citrus, honeysuckle notes immediately, however it has no staying power. I know this is common in perfumes with citrus note.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Round and flowery with a citrusy touch, it's perfect in the good season.Average sillage but high price. More refined the new bottle
AromapaloozaAromapalooza 7 years ago
Both Orange Blossom and Peony Blush smelled wonderful but vanished from my skin after 10 minutes. JM officials offered no hope for extending.

30ml Flakon
by Gitti
by BadKat
by BadKat

Popular by Jo Malone

Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne) by Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay (Cologne) by Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily by Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom (Cologne) by Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot by Jo Malone Jasmine Sambac & Marigold by Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica by Jo Malone Bronze Wood & Leather by Jo Malone Vetiver & Golden Vanilla by Jo Malone Orange Bitters by Jo Malone English Oak & Hazelnut by Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao by Jo Malone Saffron by Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede (Cologne) by Jo Malone Scarlet Poppy by Jo Malone Amber & Patchouli (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Ginger Biscuit by Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone