Peony & Blush Suede 2013Cologne

Peony & Blush Suede (Cologne) by Jo Malone
Peony & Blush Suede (Cologne) is a popular perfume by Jo Malone for women and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Christine Nagel

Peony, Red apple, Jasmine, Rose, Carnation, Suede

Submitted by Dolby, last update on 14.01.2021.

Sovereign outside, cuddly inside
Peony & Blush Suede has been a loyal and constant companion for me for a long time. Suitable in all situations and never pushy. I am surrounded by a wonderfully fresh touch of classic rose. The velvety wild note (by no means rough leather, but feminine, cuddly), perhaps even jasmine, is also noticeable. But this should only be noticeable for me and not for other people. At P & BS, I always imagine myself surrounded by an outer "fragrance ring" of rose, while I snuggle into an inner fragrance ring of leather. :D Take a deep breath and feel good. I like it very much!

Mozart1756
Red apple in vintage touch
Crowd pleaser. I feel watery sweet Red apple with touch of carnation and suede. Suede and carnation gives vintage. Peony in there but not the always dominant. Scent isnt so heavy. In cologne form, causes bad longevity. This perfume is very suitable for all age of women.
To come down
I had an exhausting day today - with a cemetery - and a visit to the doctor - so no illuminating events.

To top it all off, the puppy is still sickly - and on my nerves you can give a violin concert.

I need something to come down, and I reach into the Malone box.
Peony and suede ?
I'll see what I can do.

I'm not always in the mood for the peony - but at the moment its beguiling scent suits me very well.
In addition, the strong carnation, which somehow has a captivating and lulling effect.
Some kind of sedative.

In addition, the jasmine, wrapped in soft suede, soothes and caresses.
The scent caresses back - and the red apple lends homeliness.

I immerse myself in the Malonese farmer's garden, which seems to have been painted by Kinkade.

May this idyllic picture accompany me to sleep
2.5

Pretty floral...
I got hold of a full 30ml bottle of this for a good price, I'm always the one to be looking for a bargain! I love suede and leather as notes so I was extremely happy and looked forward to trying it. Jo Malone's perfumes are always a bit hit and miss with me as they combine notes that very often don't sit well on my skin. However, this is an extremely pretty fragrance.

Initially, when I applied Peony & Blush Suede, I got a gorgeous waft of peony. It was sweet and rounded, fresh as if covered in morning dew. It isn't sugar sweet, but naturally sweet. This must be the apple, but it is used very cleverly to enhance the peony and isn't particularly noticeable by itself. At this initial stage I couldn't smell any of the other notes at all.

After about 15 minutes, the perfume deepens with the other florals coming into play to support the peony. This is necessary as peony isn't a particularly strong fragrance and I feel that the other florals just serve to round out the fragrance. The suede is very faint. Rather than being able to smell it, I can more sense it. It is as if the suede gives flesh to the flower petals and they seem velvety in texture. At this point the perfume is as developed as it gets. From hereon in Peony & Blush Suede is fairly linear. It lasted approximately four hours on my skin by which time it was just a powdery residue.

All in all, this is a very pretty fragrance. There isn't anything out of this world or mind blowing about it. Jo Malone hasn't broken any boundaries. If you are looking for a natural, sweet, floral for spring or summer that gently evokes velvet petals, this is the perfume for you. It is very inoffensive and could be worn anywhere. To be honest I wish it had a little more bite as it is so pretty, but I want it to have more of everything.

This is a restrained, quiet lady who doesn't make any ripples. She is pretty and gracious, but in the end rather unmemorable.
2.5

Sorceress
Won't Violate Anyone's Air Space ...
Sweet florals blend delicately into sun washed woods and stay close to the skin. I wish the apple would stay longer than as a top note but it disappears almost immediately. That would have made Peony & Blush Suede interesting. Otherwise, this boils down to a basic all-around similar feeling scent with a not quite distinct leather base that you know is there but mollified by the florals. Pleasant but relegated to the back shelf for days when a quiet fragrance is needed that won't offend a soul. Good for day wear with constant reapplication. Jo Malone's Peony & Blush Suede won't violate anyone's air space so it's an easy call to wear, but then again, it won't be one that you'll wear where folks will say "What's that glorious perfume you're wearing?"

Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
An extremely refined daily cologne to wear as a White silk shirt : soft, delicate , impalpable, but maybe too evanescent fot its high price!

by Flaconesse
by Flaconesse
by Serenissima
by Serenissima
by DarkMatter
by DarkMatter

Popular Jo Malone

Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne) by Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud by Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily by Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay (Cologne) by Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom (Cologne) by Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot by Jo Malone Saffron by Jo Malone Amber & Patchouli (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Honey & Crocus by Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao by Jo Malone English Oak & Hazelnut by Jo Malone Bronze Wood & Leather by Jo Malone Jade Leaf Tea by Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica by Jo Malone Orange Bitters by Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia (Cologne) by Jo Malone Oat & Cornflower by Jo Malone Midnight Black Tea by Jo Malone