Tuberose Angelica 2014

Tuberose Angelica by Jo Malone
Tuberose Angelica is a popular perfume by Jo Malone for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAngelicaAngelica
Heart Notes Heart NotesTuberoseTuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAmberwoodAmberwood

Submitted by Franciska, last update on 17.01.2022.

SeaSandLand
Silk dress for the whole year
Tuberose Angelica was my first JM fragrance and is still my great love. This fragrance nestles beautifully against my skin and gives me the feeling of being accompanied all day. For me, a fragrance for the whole year, which carries a beautiful depth and yet a floral freshness
Mayflower96
Radiant calm of a mother
Jo Malone surprises me again and again with fragrances that are wonderfully rounded and unique. So far unique that I have nothing similar ever smelled.
What the Jo Malone fragrances can also, is to radiate an insane calm, whether it is "Wood Sage & Sea Salt" or here the "Tuberose Angelica" (both can even be layered excellent).

"Tuberose Angelica" reminds me of a young mother who, when her children are asleep or playing outside in the garden, sits in her armchair reading, writing out recipes or sitting intently on a Sudoku. Pure calm and a pleasant sense of well-being is what this fragrance exudes. - In addition, he makes a good mood.

Still a special feature has the positively tuberose lastige fragrance, because it fits into all seasons. So who likes tuberose and is looking for a fragrance for all seasons, which is properly served with "Tuberose Angelica".

Ptsau
Cheap and Linear. Not worth the money!
I’m not getting Jo Malone (I so regret I did) anymore. Their scents are so cheap and linear. I was like a Virgin because it was the first niche, or I should say first fragrance brand that I exposed to. I didn’t like any fragrances before it. I first tried it and got this one. It smelled good at first because I was looking for something unique and bold. I didn’t know anything about fragrances. Their performance is bad too. Last only 2-3 hours and very weak projection. It also smells so mature. Once I found Kilian, Initio, Frederick Malle, Roja, MFK and Nishane then I realized how bad the quality of Jo Malone is. They are not cheap too. I rather spend a little more for these brands to get more unique complex scents and easily last double the time of Jo Malone.
The serious tuberose
When my father-in-law died, the sun was shining and on our farm the mirabelle tree was in full bloom. He was often annoyed by this tree, because in autumn it yielded tiny fruits in large quantities, which had to be collected from the ground one by one - but he always picked them up before I could. When I look at the flowering tree, I realize that I will never hear it again in the yard, although I am so familiar with that sound. He no longer sees this beautiful, flowering tree, and perhaps it is only now that I realize that I have actually lost him.
Today we will bury him and we have two hours to say goodbye. As superficial as it may sound: After showering, I thought about what scent I would wear. For me, this consideration is very important, because I know that from now on I will always remember my father-in-law when I wear the fragrance I choose today. I have thought about Panthéa because the fragrance is so clean and detached and has so much purity. Eventually, however, I chose one of my tuberose scents. I have a body cream to go with Tuberose Angelica, and only on special days do I wrap myself in this treasure. Tuberose Angelica and her little sister, the cream, are as black-robed as I am, so simple, so serious. And above all: Of all my tuberose scents - and they own, as some people know, my perfume heart - tuberose Angelica is by far the most serious fragrance.
Only he succeeds in building a bridge between the elegance of the festive tuberose and the seriousness of Angelica. The green, herbaceous freshness combines with the tuberose from the very first seconds. I don't know what else should be in the pyramid, but I perceive the two notes in perfect balance. Thus, the opulent sweetness of tuberose is drastically softened; there are emotional worlds between, say, "Love Tuberose" or "Heartless Helen" and the Jo Malone fragrance. It appears absolutely elegant without being sweet, dreamy, childish. It is an adult, serious tuberose and an elegant, fine Angelica, which are combined here, powder tones fade away very easily, cushioned by a fine-woody, reserved tone that radiates warmth. I don't think I could have chosen a more beautiful fragrance for this day, and I know that the next time I wear it, I will enjoy the memory, because the choice is right.
I did not sit long at that comment, it would have seemed impious to me. But I felt the need to write down my thoughts on this fragrance that will accompany me today.
My father-in-law, who was always a father-substitute for me during my marriage because my father died a long time ago, often spoiled me very much. He liked it when his wife or I, the wife of his only child, were fine. He would have loved that scent. My husband gave it to me for Christmas with cream. That would have pleased him especially

Sophisticated Sweetness
Comparing this to my new favorite, Kiss My Name by Monegal, which I wore last night. They both have a beautiful tuberose but this Jo Malone can't compare to the splendidly and luxuriously indolic version in Kiss My Name, enhanced by jasmine, neroli, balsam and cedar, as it is. In fact, Kiss My Name has usurped Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugenie, my long-time favorite perfume. Tuberose Angelica doesn't speak the same language as these two greats. At best it speaks a dialect. Yet, it does appeal because the notes are so well done. Angelica does for this hypnotic perfume what lily-of-the-valley, narcissus or hyacinth have done for many a brilliant floral composition: sophisticated the sweetness until queens could wear it.

I haven't explored Jo Malone scents much so far and don't own one, so I looked them up. They're a British perfumer, founded in 1994, and their website says the scents are designed to be layered or worn alone--a step up from Demeter? This no doubt accounts for the successful simplicity here. Tuberose Angelica lacks the projection of Kiss My Name, but it's no skin scent either. It's a quite good perfume, overall, not for a queen but it would suit the crown princess just fine. Guess I'll go out and get myself a bottle.

ScentwitchScentwitch 12 months ago
Simple, yet for the tuberose it’s rather a dark scent. I’d wear this one in the winter or on a rainy day. It’s almost peppery.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
3 notes perfectly combined. But the main actress is Her Majesty the Tuberose, which gives the feminin touch to this unisex fragrance. Lovely

by Parfümliebe
by Parfümliebe

Popular Jo Malone

Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne) by Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay (Cologne) by Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily by Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom (Cologne) by Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot by Jo Malone Orange Bitters by Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao by Jo Malone English Oak & Hazelnut by Jo Malone Saffron by Jo Malone Bronze Wood & Leather by Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone Jasmine Sambac & Marigold by Jo Malone Amber & Patchouli (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede (Cologne) by Jo Malone Ginger Biscuit by Jo Malone Honey & Crocus by Jo Malone Vetiver & Golden Vanilla by Jo Malone Midnight Black Tea by Jo Malone