Wood Sage & Sea Salt 2014Cologne

Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne) by Jo Malone
Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne) is a popular perfume by Jo Malone for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-woody. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.
Scent goes well with Blue Agava & Cacao

Christine Nagel

Top Notes Top NotesEcuadorian ambrette seed, Buchu, Italian bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesSea salt, Mineral notes, Dried fruits
Base Notes Base NotesSage, Driftwood, Paraguayan gaiac wood, White musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 21.01.2021.

PolinaSh
A woman who seeks herself
This smell is very good. It is special and not intrusive.
One would not have believed that such a perfect fragrance mixture of Wood Sage and Sea Salt even exists.

The fragrance suits a woman who herself does not yet know exactly what she wants in life. She is very seductive, men pile up in front of her, yet she doesn't want any relationships with them.
The fragrance is meant for summer in my opinion.

You can use the fragrance for work and for occasions. Anyway, it is better to use it when going out.

You don't expect anything serious from these meetings... you just "chill out."

What I don't like is that the scent doesn't make you think about it, but is simply a short enthusiasm ... and nothing more
I will not necessarily buy more, but for the reckless phases in life it is a pretty good companion.
Dini1977
Very nice... but I know you!?
Really a very nice and fine fragrance. Uniquely delicate, creamy and round! My first experience with Jo Malone - unfortunately I can never smell him anywhere :-( I stop the first spraying because he looked so familiar to me.... After a while I think he has a lot of Byredo Bal d'Afrique! I absolutely have to test more scents of Jo Malone!
Lenii
In search of a summer scent...
...last year I was on holiday in Athens. It was hot and stuffy and my favorite scent suddenly didn't fit anymore. Until then I was convinced - one fragrance was enough! (I know - crazy ;))
So I went in search of a summer scent... and floral or fruity and sparkling or green?
One year and many desperate perfume fairies in different stores, hundreds of reviews and comments later!

I think I found him, on my way out of the store I suddenly stood by the scents of Jo Malone. A nice, enthusiastic saleswoman sprayed me this scent on a card and I pretended that after countless other tests I could still perceive something... What I could still smell was nice, so on the skin and out...
In the car we had the first real encounter: suddenly it blew over. A fresh, green, flowery light veil. I can hardly describe it properly. Right on the skin it smells rather spicy and woody, but the silage is green-fruity, slightly flowery.
A fragrance in which the nose automatically moves to the wrist again and again...

The search is over for now. For now! Because last year I discovered my passion for fragrances, niche or not, and I am sure that some of you will be so convinced that you will have to move in. In spring, autumn and winter the scent should also fit ;)
Power addicts
The individual fragrance moments merge into such a pleasant unity that I have to constantly sniff at myself. A true substitute drug, this scent. Satisfies me completely... I love the feeling, when during a conversation or any activity my subconscious whispers to me again and again sweetly: YOU RIGHT SO GOOD!!!!!
It has already been sufficiently mentioned that H&S are not extreme. But I simply forgive that because of the scent experience and simply spray after. By the way, I also find the bottle really great. It lies well in the hand and mediates by its .......oops, YOU RIGHT SO GOOD!!!! (my subconscious was just active again)... minimalist look simply the tidy feeling that Wood, Sage & Seasalt gives me. I love it!
You came to me...
You came to me as a gift from my wife That smell with closed eyes reminded me of the summer when I met her. You feel warm, reminiscent of holidays and water.
You are a declaration of love to the sea. You don't push yourself directly into the foreground, you have to be close to you to be recognized. When you're close, you invite people to dream without the clocks playing a role. Enjoying is the statement
Love at first sight
Ever since I first smelled that scent, I couldn't get it out of my head. Which is why I bought it shortly after after after several tests.
It is a very modern fragrance that joins the aquatic-mineral scents, such as Aqua Amara by Bvlgari. After the initial alcoholic opening, a sweet-fresh note emerges, accompanied above all by the bergamot. Shortly after comes a nice salty, soapy or powdery fragrance with a slightly woody note. It is difficult to grasp and describe the fragrance, as it reaches its base notes quite quickly and it is difficult to smell the individual notes. Nevertheless, very beautifully balanced and he seems very harmonious.
The silage is not very strong, also the durability on the skin is only about 3-4 hours. On his clothes he can stand a normal working day (6-8 h).
In my opinion, it can be worn for every season and every occasion, unless you want to attract attention with a strong fragrance.
Can be super layered with Escentric Molecule 01, which gives it an even woody scent and a stronger silage.
Salt on warm skin
The sea does not give up: over and over again it reaches with its mighty power for the rocks that defy it! She does not love resistances; therefore she will not give rest.
In the course of her very personal struggle, she managed to create small bulges in the rock and to grind hard rock edges. She throws herself doggedly to the coast again.
The minerals released by this force, together with the sea salt, are refreshing and invigorating in the air.
On this occasion also the already silvery hairy leaves of the always somewhat cheeky sage get a light salt crust.

Jo Malone has captured the Atlantic for me with "Wood Sage & Sea Salt" in one of the famous square flacons.
Atlantic Ocean and me - that's not possible at all; so a fresh sea breeze has to get on my skin in a different way and spread spicy freshness.

Sage I love in every form; not only as tea or in the Mediterranean kitchen.
No, I have had several plants of different shapes and colours on my balcony for many years, too. I repeatedly stub a head cuttings and am thrilled when it takes root in the water and can finally get its own small flower pot.
Faithfully they are back every spring and their somewhat hard, coarse leaves are often harvested by me.
Frequently also to calm my always somewhat overstrained respiratory tract: it does not need an extra tea infusion. Sometimes it is enough to tear off one or two leaves and chew on them slowly.
You have to like sage; it's a very own companion who makes it difficult for some people to get along with it.

In this scented landscape he is accompanied by the lively, spraying sea; minerals and salts go very well with his unpretentious nature - somewhat tart, somewhat spicy and quite headstrong.
This mixture characterizes a very clear creation again; the top note in beautiful freshness runs parallel.
Head and heart sing but here a harmonic duet: Come with me and enjoy with me the freedom!
To ensure that this freedom of fragrance is not limitless, some wood nuances and a pleasant dose of musk were added by expert hand.
They say: Stay on the ground, here too your senses can fly!

In a few years with Jo Malone fragrances I have become accustomed to their relatively short lifetime. Many are just typical "short" or "clear" from the north!
Only many of these creations can be mixed wonderfully with their siblings: magical and surprising fragrances with their own unique charm are created again and again.

For warm days like today, "Wood Sage & Sea Salt" is a pleasant, cooling accompaniment, which quickly nibbles at the beach kiosk at the end of the day.
The predominant cooling, woody-herbaceous spice becomes not only finer, but also slightly fruity at the end.
After all, life doesn't just consist of the scent of the big wide world and adventure; a little fruity sweetness must also go with you on your journey.

Fine he is, this fragrance from the house Jo Malone, but no purchase option for me.
I would keep the bottling over the summer, but I know my girlfriend, who sweats near the Swabian Alb in a tourist information office, will be much happier with this sea breeze.
That's how "Wood Sage & Sea Salt" comes into her basket.
I'll take a noseful first!
Simply the best
I'm usually not like that, that I could watch YouTube videos for hours on end, but there are 1-2 people who present their lifestyle and the like there and I find that so inspiring, that I like to follow it.
And when it comes to perfumes, of course I'm particularly attentive. And then one of them showed that Wood Sage & Sea Salt was one of her favourite fragrances. Sage and salt? Very exotic, I thought to myself and pushed the thought aside, especially since I didn't have the opportunity to test the fragrances of Jo Malone in my hometown anyway But when one day I was in another city and found the very chic bar with the beautiful perfume bottles there, I couldn't help but test them immediately. I was especially looking for the Wood Sage & Sea Salt bottle and was pleasantly surprised. I can smell the sea salt, but for me the most important thing is the smell of sun-tanned skin and a sweet citrus fruit. All in all it smells like summer to me and the more often I sniffed at it, the more I fell in love with it. I wanted it immediately (because of my budget unfortunately only 30 ml but at least) and when the saleswoman told me how great it would develop together with the body cream, I didn't think much about it anymore and grabbed the cream I still don't regret it, it's one of my favorite fragrances, although it doesn't last too long on my skin, so the durability is not bad, but you would have to spray 1-2 times during the day, especially if you sweat.
Still, I'd buy it once it's empty.

WOOD SAGE & SEA SALT by Jo Malone
Wood Sage & Sea Salt opens with a brightly illuminated explosion of grapefruit. This grapefruit is happy, energetically awakening the senses and saturating them in sunshine. An exceptional way to start a beach inspired fragrance. So far, so good. A lively citrus can also bring to mind sensual tropical islands, dotted with palm trees, but certainly not the pebbly, chilly beaches of England that they are trying to evoke. As the fragrance progresses, the sharp citrus note mellows and a layer of herbal sage is conjured up. This adds a pleasant sweet and savory accord, not unlike the beginning to a fantastic marinade. Wait a minute, I think my trip to the beach just got hijacked to Italy. How about some English flora like sea kale, thrift, dune helleborine, alexanders or perhaps yellow whitlow grass. I’m thinking that “Wood Thrift and Sea Salt” might have been more interesting as well as a more regionally accurate concept for this English beach inspiration. While the smell of thrift might not be as intoxicating as the smell of sage, the pretense has conceptual context. Back to the fragrance at hand. Wood Sage & Sea Salt’s heart launches with the introduction of a blonde, sun-baked driftwood vibe. This wood is desiccated, aromatic and perfect for what one might experience beachside. An enticing fruity, savory blend layered with an intensely dry wood note does create intrigue. Once a bit of surf is added with sharp sea salt, it wraps up this interesting harmony. Last but not lease, ambrette seed gives the fragrance a slightly musky note, adding a bit of nature to this otherwise unoccupied beach. Wood Sage & Sea Salt’s light aromatic nature, diffusing and clarifying, offers a nicely rounded finish.

While I really enjoyed Wood Sage & Sea Salt, I think the ad campaign’s conceptual strategy is confusing. Many people are well-read enough or, if lucky, well-traveled enough to understand the concept of the English seaside. As we all know, grapefruit nor more grows in England that mangoes grow in northern Minnesota. Jo Malone’s English beach-themed fragrance seems to be a bit of a stretch at best. Speaking of stretches, sage on the English beachside. Is this idea not just another oxymoron in Wood Sage & Sea Salt’s personality? Enough of all of this nonsense, let’s just remove the word “English” from the concept. This would make Wood Sage & Sea Salt a more generalized beach experience instead. It might give this fragrance a more universally acceptable idea for anyone who’s ever been to any beach in their life.

HermeshHermesh 3 years ago
Pleasant Cologne, fresh and sweet at the same time, minimally aquatic and moderately creamy. All notes in harmony. Sillage close to the skin
PBullFriendPBullFriend 5 years ago
The more I wear this, the more it's all about savory dried fruit. It's the Lutens-lite I've been seeking, without any pesky cumin!

Vielen Dank für die vielen Pokale. Ich erlaube mir einen zu nehmen und in die Vitrine zu stellen.
Für Freshy Fresh / Vintage
by DasSpaetzle
by Schmitzki
by Schmitzki

Popular Jo Malone

Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud by Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily by Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay (Cologne) by Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom (Cologne) by Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot by Jo Malone Saffron by Jo Malone Amber & Patchouli (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Honey & Crocus by Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao by Jo Malone English Oak & Hazelnut by Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede (Cologne) by Jo Malone Bronze Wood & Leather by Jo Malone Jade Leaf Tea by Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica by Jo Malone Orange Bitters by Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia (Cologne) by Jo Malone Oat & Cornflower by Jo Malone Earl Grey & Cucumber by Jo Malone