Wood Sage & Sea Salt 2014 Cologne

Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne) by Jo Malone
Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne) is a popular perfume by Jo Malone for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-woody. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Blue Agava & Cacao

Christine Nagel

Top Notes Top NotesEcuadorian ambrette seed, Buchu, Italian bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesSea salt, Mineral notes, Dried fruits
Base Notes Base NotesSage, Driftwood, Paraguayan gaiac wood, White musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 17.06.2021.

Scent80
My fragrance for the hot days or sports
Although this fragrance has a slightly woody note, it is very fresh and for the hot days or for sports just best suited, mMn! Does not have a very strong sillage, which you also want in sports and outside when sweating just such a fresh and pleasant "fragrance cloud" forms - because you just do not want to go away. Especially suitable for the hot summer days evenings at the beach or on the water!
TIME to get to know
had written at the very beginning as this fragrance moved into my collection already a statement about it....
I would like to revise that herewith, probably you should give a fragrance time, deal with it, not immediately write a statement.
I came to this fragrance through YouTube, the reviews were mostly very positive and convincing, whereupon I ordered this fragrance....
He arrived, unpacked, the flacon was already very nice, sprayed on the fragrance but I did not like at all, was too salty to fresh actually not mine, BUT what did I expect because the name says it all?!?!
So the fragrance was allowed to move on to my Männecken, which at times always uses only one and the same perfume, so that this copy also stood with him first untouched in the corner....
Recently, he began to use it and my nose was suddenly very pleased, it smelled wonderful....
The end of the story is that now everyone can call one his own, I also ordered a flacon ....
Vacation in Corona Times
Instructions for a short relaxing break at the sea from home:
At Easter, my friend and I, frustrated by the third wave, sat at home and dreamed of a holiday by the sea. The sun was shining, it was pleasantly warm so you could sit outside in the sun already wearing a T-shirt and all of a sudden an idea came to us. We grabbed some cushions and huddled on the balcony. We chilled our favorite drinks, searched for wave sounds on Spotify and closed our eyes. It wasn't long before I saw the ocean in my mind's eye, but only ever for a few seconds, then I opened my eyes again - something was missing. I jumped up as if remote controlled, ran to the bathroom and felt in the bathroom cabinet for the Jo Malone bottle. Back on the balcony, I gave each of us a spray and we closed our eyes again. It's amazing what a scent can do. By now I was not only seeing the ocean, but tasting it as well. All I needed was a bucket of warm water and sand to put my feet in, and I would have completely forgotten that I wasn't sitting on a balcony in Bavaria, but on a beach in Sardinia. Thank you Jo Malone.
Wood Sage & Sea Salt is my first Jo Malone and definitely not my last. I have never smelled something so special, with such a great association, like standing by the sea. You feel like you're standing on a coast of Ireland with a fresh sea breeze on your face, feeling secure and independent at the same time.
At first I was surprised how different, yet how beautiful and profound this fragrance is. Therefore, I have no choice but to give this fragrance 10 points.

Intriguing
A blind purchase. I imagined something like a skin smell, with a fresh, slightly citrusy, animalic and aromatic touch. But I didn't feel any of that. What I felt was a creamy, half-solar scent, with a fruity output that actually reminded me of the fig note that I have already felt in several perfumes.

Sometimes I notice the aromatic aspect mixed with a salty touch that reminds me of the smell of those big stones on the edge of the sea, wet and with seaweed on top. It is probably the most intriguing and difficult to describe perfume that I have known to date. Every moment I have a different experience / feeling.

I think it works best on milder days (on hot days it may be excessive). A fragrance inspired by the coast to perhaps bring joyful coastal memories on a closed day. I don't think his creaminess goes with sunny, hot days.

An intriguing perfume, which reminded me of something I already felt and could not find. It is neither salty nor sweet, sometimes it is aromatic, sometimes watery greenish, sometimes reminiscent of a moisturizing cream. I've edited this review about five times, because now I like it, sometimes I don't like it. Yesterday I was not enjoying it very much. Today I am in love. We'll see tomorrow...
Pleasant woody-fresh-salty companion
This fragrance by Jo Malone is still quite new in my collection. I had ordered it, hooked by the statements here and also by the name of the fragrance. I find quite cool that the titles of this brand very expressively betray the directions or fragrance notes. Reminds so slightly of 4711 which has easily copied this idea. This is my first Jo Malone that I have come across. Overall, I had extremely little to do with English brands. However: this brand has charm. Niche at fair prices (especially at discount promotions where I often strike). In addition, with Pacific Rock Moss was a well-known fragrance twin, which I extremely appreciate and I often wear in everyday life.

The bottle comes in a beautiful box with sweet bow. Not too classy, but the price category accordingly. The bottles of the brand are quite chic, simple and stylish. Uniform and they betray as said where the journey goes. Here, sage, salt and wood are supposed to be in the foreground. Broadly speaking, not wrong, however, it has more facets to it. Overall, it is very balanced and never ticks too much.
What you can say first to the fragrance: Take quiet a few sprays more! Dosed sparingly, the fragrance does not really come into its own. Not only because of mediocre sillage, which is not even sooo bad. The fragrance type is simply unobtrusive and the DNA is einach nice soft and pleasant, in a nice and sympathetic way.
Roughly, this fragrance goes in the direction of Pacific Rock Moss, but is clearly saltier and somehow not quite as cool as the Australian. But a great alternative, especially due to mediocre durability a nice fragrance for in between.
Sage is as the name suggests very active. Also the maritime salty note from the title is found again. Wood of course also, especially in the base you find a lot of wood. Gentle wood, which already comes close to the driftwood from the pyramid due to the aquatic. What remains hidden in the title: A pleasant fruity sweetness, which fits well into the woody aquatic with sage. Also reminds me slightly of CK2, which reminds me of rain on hot ground. This scent has a lot of charm and comes across very likeable. Stop properly balanced and multifaceted.
Performance is medium. Who is looking for a fragrance that lasts a working day, should make a bow around this. Per travel atomizer you should already once re-spray. I see him more as a leisure fragrance from spring to autumn, which one can spray on well in between. Sillage I find not so bad as rated here. The durability is quite good for a cologne. I would guess: 5-6 hours, with 2-3 hours of good sillage.

A really great gentle fragrance, which is absolutely unisex for me. Here he seems to be better received by ladies. I can recommend it to anyone with a preference for gentle aquatic or salty sea air
Salt Water Heart
As a coastal child I spent my childhood and youth by the sea, I grew up by the water. Sailing I could rather than cycling and the North Sea is in my DNA.

Well,diving into the perfume world,I (apprentice) came across the concept of aquatic and maritime notes.
Well,now, first question: how is that supposed to go?
And the second, you want to smell so?
Of refreshing, citrus notes, herbaceous,
Cedar and salt, among other things, is the talk.
Except for the salt, I don't associate these ingredients with the sea....
I ordered 'Wood Sage and Seasalt' to test on a cheap little water, where the journey goes.
Sprayed on,immediately cologne,bergamot and grapefruit. That's nice and refreshing,but it doesn't smell like that at the sea.And while I was already shaking my head,I tasted the salt...
Does it have to be like that? I don't know,but it works,because now I can smell it too,and a woody impression(musk) is added.
I begin to understand what is meant by the sea impression. The salt is the connecting element.So it goes.

'Wood Sage and Seasalt by Jo Malone'is a nice fresh and maritime ;) Cologne for the summer. Absolutely unexcited and unisex.

If my seaweed is too big, I'll test in this direction again, then also algae, seaweed, etc. That it goes, I know now.
My skin should not smell however so, because so smells already my heart.
PolinaSh
A woman who seeks herself
This smell is very good. It is special and not intrusive.
One would not have believed that such a perfect fragrance mixture of Wood Sage and Sea Salt even exists.

The fragrance suits a woman who herself does not yet know exactly what she wants in life. She is very seductive, men pile up in front of her, yet she doesn't want any relationships with them.
The fragrance is meant for summer in my opinion.

You can use the fragrance for work and for occasions. Anyway, it is better to use it when going out.

You don't expect anything serious from these meetings... you just "chill out."

What I don't like is that the scent doesn't make you think about it, but is simply a short enthusiasm ... and nothing more
I will not necessarily buy more, but for the reckless phases in life it is a pretty good companion.
Dini1977
Very nice... but I know you!?
Really a very nice and fine fragrance. Uniquely delicate, creamy and round! My first experience with Jo Malone - unfortunately I can never smell him anywhere :-( I stop the first spraying because he looked so familiar to me.... After a while I think he has a lot of Byredo Bal d'Afrique! I absolutely have to test more scents of Jo Malone!
Lenii
In search of a summer scent...
...last year I was on holiday in Athens. It was hot and stuffy and my favorite scent suddenly didn't fit anymore. Until then I was convinced - one fragrance was enough! (I know - crazy ;))
So I went in search of a summer scent... and floral or fruity and sparkling or green?
One year and many desperate perfume fairies in different stores, hundreds of reviews and comments later!

I think I found him, on my way out of the store I suddenly stood by the scents of Jo Malone. A nice, enthusiastic saleswoman sprayed me this scent on a card and I pretended that after countless other tests I could still perceive something... What I could still smell was nice, so on the skin and out...
In the car we had the first real encounter: suddenly it blew over. A fresh, green, flowery light veil. I can hardly describe it properly. Right on the skin it smells rather spicy and woody, but the silage is green-fruity, slightly flowery.
A fragrance in which the nose automatically moves to the wrist again and again...

The search is over for now. For now! Because last year I discovered my passion for fragrances, niche or not, and I am sure that some of you will be so convinced that you will have to move in. In spring, autumn and winter the scent should also fit ;)
Power addicts
The individual fragrance moments merge into such a pleasant unity that I have to constantly sniff at myself. A true substitute drug, this scent. Satisfies me completely... I love the feeling, when during a conversation or any activity my subconscious whispers to me again and again sweetly: YOU RIGHT SO GOOD!!!!!
It has already been sufficiently mentioned that H&S are not extreme. But I simply forgive that because of the scent experience and simply spray after. By the way, I also find the bottle really great. It lies well in the hand and mediates by its .......oops, YOU RIGHT SO GOOD!!!! (my subconscious was just active again)... minimalist look simply the tidy feeling that Wood, Sage & Seasalt gives me. I love it!

PedroCabralPedroCabral 26 days ago
An intriguing scent. It is neither salty nor sweet, sometimes aromatic, sometimes woody. Without a doubt, unisex fragrance.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 month ago
Heavy on the florals but still very wearable for a man. The sweet and salty notes give a summer vacation type of feel
HermeshHermesh 3 years ago
Pleasant Cologne, fresh and sweet at the same time, minimally aquatic and moderately creamy. All notes in harmony. Sillage close to the skin
PBullFriendPBullFriend 5 years ago
The more I wear this, the more it's all about savory dried fruit. It's the Lutens-lite I've been seeking, without any pesky cumin!

Vielen Dank für die vielen Pokale. Ich erlaube mir einen zu nehmen und in die Vitrine zu stellen.
Für Freshy Fresh / Vintage
by Donnagirl
by DasSpaetzle
by DasSpaetzle

Popular Jo Malone

Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily by Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay (Cologne) by Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom (Cologne) by Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot by Jo Malone Honey & Crocus by Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone Saffron by Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao by Jo Malone Orange Bitters by Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica by Jo Malone Amber & Patchouli (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone English Oak & Hazelnut by Jo Malone Jasmine Sambac & Marigold by Jo Malone Bronze Wood & Leather by Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede (Cologne) by Jo Malone Vetiver & Golden Vanilla by Jo Malone Ginger Biscuit by Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia (Cologne) by Jo Malone