Wood Sage & Sea Salt 2014 Cologne

Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne) by Jo Malone
8.3 / 10 779 Ratings
Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne) is a popular perfume by Jo Malone for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Goes well with Blue Agava & Cacao

Top Notes Top Notes Ambrette seedAmbrette seed
Heart Notes Heart Notes Sea saltSea salt Mineral notesMineral notes
Base Notes Base Notes SageSage

Submitted by Michael, last update on 29.01.2023.

17 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 28
Salt Water Heart
As a coastal child I spent my childhood and youth by the sea, I grew up by the water. Sailing I could rather than cycling and the North Sea is in my DNA.

Well,diving into the perfume world,I (apprentice) came across the concept of aquatic and maritime notes.
Well,now, first question: how is that supposed to go?
And the second, you want to smell so?
Of refreshing, citrus notes, herbaceous,
Cedar and salt, among other things, is the talk.
Except for the salt, I don't associate these ingredients with the sea....
I ordered 'Wood Sage and Seasalt' to test on a cheap little water, where the journey goes.
Sprayed on,immediately cologne,bergamot and grapefruit. That's nice and refreshing,but it doesn't smell like that at the sea.And while I was already shaking my head,I tasted the salt...
Does it have to be like that? I don't know,but it works,because now I can smell it too,and a woody impression(musk) is added.
I begin to understand what is meant by the sea impression. The salt is the connecting element.So it goes.

'Wood Sage and Seasalt by Jo Malone'is a nice fresh and maritime ;) Cologne for the summer. Absolutely unexcited and unisex.

If my seaweed is too big, I'll test in this direction again, then also algae, seaweed, etc. That it goes, I know now.
My skin should not smell however so, because so smells already my heart.
Top Review 22
Pleasant woody-fresh-salty companion
This fragrance by Jo Malone is still quite new in my collection. I had ordered it, hooked by the statements here and also by the name of the fragrance. I find quite cool that the titles of this brand very expressively betray the directions or fragrance notes. Reminds so slightly of 4711 which has easily copied this idea. This is my first Jo Malone that I have come across. Overall, I had extremely little to do with English brands. However: this brand has charm. Niche at fair prices (especially at discount promotions where I often strike). In addition, with Pacific Rock Moss was a well-known fragrance twin, which I extremely appreciate and I often wear in everyday life.

The bottle comes in a beautiful box with sweet bow. Not too classy, but the price category accordingly. The bottles of the brand are quite chic, simple and stylish. Uniform and they betray as said where the journey goes. Here, sage, salt and wood are supposed to be in the foreground. Broadly speaking, not wrong, however, it has more facets to it. Overall, it is very balanced and never ticks too much.
What you can say first to the fragrance: Take quiet a few sprays more! Dosed sparingly, the fragrance does not really come into its own. Not only because of mediocre sillage, which is not even sooo bad. The fragrance type is simply unobtrusive and the DNA is einach nice soft and pleasant, in a nice and sympathetic way.
Roughly, this fragrance goes in the direction of Pacific Rock Moss, but is clearly saltier and somehow not quite as cool as the Australian. But a great alternative, especially due to mediocre durability a nice fragrance for in between.
Sage is as the name suggests very active. Also the maritime salty note from the title is found again. Wood of course also, especially in the base you find a lot of wood. Gentle wood, which already comes close to the driftwood from the pyramid due to the aquatic. What remains hidden in the title: A pleasant fruity sweetness, which fits well into the woody aquatic with sage. Also reminds me slightly of CK2, which reminds me of rain on hot ground. This scent has a lot of charm and comes across very likeable. Stop properly balanced and multifaceted.
Performance is medium. Who is looking for a fragrance that lasts a working day, should make a bow around this. Per travel atomizer you should already once re-spray. I see him more as a leisure fragrance from spring to autumn, which one can spray on well in between. Sillage I find not so bad as rated here. The durability is quite good for a cologne. I would guess: 5-6 hours, with 2-3 hours of good sillage.

A really great gentle fragrance, which is absolutely unisex for me. Here he seems to be better received by ladies. I can recommend it to anyone with a preference for gentle aquatic or salty sea air
Very helpful Review 25
Vacation in Corona Times
Instructions for a short relaxing break at the sea from home:
At Easter, my friend and I, frustrated by the third wave, sat at home and dreamed of a holiday by the sea. The sun was shining, it was pleasantly warm so you could sit outside in the sun already wearing a T-shirt and all of a sudden an idea came to us. We grabbed some cushions and huddled on the balcony. We chilled our favorite drinks, searched for wave sounds on Spotify and closed our eyes. It wasn't long before I saw the ocean in my mind's eye, but only ever for a few seconds, then I opened my eyes again - something was missing. I jumped up as if remote controlled, ran to the bathroom and felt in the bathroom cabinet for the Jo Malone bottle. Back on the balcony, I gave each of us a spray and we closed our eyes again. It's amazing what a scent can do. By now I was not only seeing the ocean, but tasting it as well. All I needed was a bucket of warm water and sand to put my feet in, and I would have completely forgotten that I wasn't sitting on a balcony in Bavaria, but on a beach in Sardinia. Thank you Jo Malone.
Wood Sage & Sea Salt is my first Jo Malone and definitely not my last. I have never smelled something so special, with such a great association, like standing by the sea. You feel like you're standing on a coast of Ireland with a fresh sea breeze on your face, feeling secure and independent at the same time.
At first I was surprised how different, yet how beautiful and profound this fragrance is. Therefore, I have no choice but to give this fragrance 10 points.
Top Review 17
Salt on warm skin
The sea does not give up: over and over again it reaches with its mighty power for the rocks that defy it! She does not love resistances; therefore she will not give rest.
In the course of her very personal struggle, she managed to create small bulges in the rock and to grind hard rock edges. She throws herself doggedly to the coast again.
The minerals released by this force, together with the sea salt, are refreshing and invigorating in the air.
On this occasion also the already silvery hairy leaves of the always somewhat cheeky sage get a light salt crust.

Jo Malone has captured the Atlantic for me with "Wood Sage & Sea Salt" in one of the famous square flacons.
Atlantic Ocean and me - that's not possible at all; so a fresh sea breeze has to get on my skin in a different way and spread spicy freshness.

Sage I love in every form; not only as tea or in the Mediterranean kitchen.
No, I have had several plants of different shapes and colours on my balcony for many years, too. I repeatedly stub a head cuttings and am thrilled when it takes root in the water and can finally get its own small flower pot.
Faithfully they are back every spring and their somewhat hard, coarse leaves are often harvested by me.
Frequently also to calm my always somewhat overstrained respiratory tract: it does not need an extra tea infusion. Sometimes it is enough to tear off one or two leaves and chew on them slowly.
You have to like sage; it's a very own companion who makes it difficult for some people to get along with it.

In this scented landscape he is accompanied by the lively, spraying sea; minerals and salts go very well with his unpretentious nature - somewhat tart, somewhat spicy and quite headstrong.
This mixture characterizes a very clear creation again; the top note in beautiful freshness runs parallel.
Head and heart sing but here a harmonic duet: Come with me and enjoy with me the freedom!
To ensure that this freedom of fragrance is not limitless, some wood nuances and a pleasant dose of musk were added by expert hand.
They say: Stay on the ground, here too your senses can fly!

In a few years with Jo Malone fragrances I have become accustomed to their relatively short lifetime. Many are just typical "short" or "clear" from the north!
Only many of these creations can be mixed wonderfully with their siblings: magical and surprising fragrances with their own unique charm are created again and again.

For warm days like today, "Wood Sage & Sea Salt" is a pleasant, cooling accompaniment, which quickly nibbles at the beach kiosk at the end of the day.
The predominant cooling, woody-herbaceous spice becomes not only finer, but also slightly fruity at the end.
After all, life doesn't just consist of the scent of the big wide world and adventure; a little fruity sweetness must also go with you on your journey.

Fine he is, this fragrance from the house Jo Malone, but no purchase option for me.
I would keep the bottling over the summer, but I know my girlfriend, who sweats near the Swabian Alb in a tourist information office, will be much happier with this sea breeze.
That's how "Wood Sage & Sea Salt" comes into her basket.
I'll take a noseful first!
Helpful Review 19
Jo Malone
Sage & Sea Salt Jo Malone

Jo Malone my faithful companion this summer.
Simply, essential if you like sea-themed perfumes.

This perfume, edc, is not a perfume,
that will enchant you with its performance,
but it certainly will with its fragrance.
There is nothing particularly spectacular or innovative about it,
but its charm lies in its simplicity and moderation.

Slightly salty grapefruit,
aromatic sage,
Seaweed and smooth ambrette.
A wonderful combination of these notes,
in just the right proportions,
and you are,
at least in your mind, already on the beach.

Extremely relaxing,
like when it's too hot of a day,
you walk into a cold spa,
and all those aromatic scents refresh and cool you down so pleasantly.

Soothing and airy,
clean in an all-natural way,
smooth and refined.

Although I don't use perfumes on the beach,
especially not on the skin,
i wore this one (not on my skin), it refreshed me so nicely and pleasantly that it ,deserves,
to be called the ideal perfume for the beach.

You can wear it on a beach dress,
a pareo,
a hat,
a beach bag ...

It will brighten your day, just like it did for me. ️?
More reviews

6 short views on the fragrance
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Pleasant Cologne, fresh and sweet at the same time, minimally aquatic and moderately creamy. All notes in harmony. Sillage close to the skin
JMWeedJMWeed 1 year ago
Really nice fruity salty sweet smell, that unfortunately has the performance of a rack store cheap fragrance.
VovavVovav 11 months ago
great for layering, or by itself as a fresh scent.
PedroCabralPedroCabral 2 years ago
An intriguing scent. It is neither salty nor sweet, sometimes aromatic, sometimes woody. Without a doubt, unisex fragrance.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 2 years ago
Heavy on the florals but still very wearable for a man. The sweet and salty notes give a summer vacation type of feel
More statements

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

26 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Jo Malone

Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay (Cologne) by Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily by Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom (Cologne) by Jo Malone Scarlet Poppy by Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot by Jo Malone Jasmine Sambac & Marigold by Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica by Jo Malone English Oak & Hazelnut by Jo Malone Vetiver & Golden Vanilla by Jo Malone Orange Bitters by Jo Malone Bronze Wood & Leather by Jo Malone Ginger Biscuit by Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao by Jo Malone Saffron by Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede (Cologne) by Jo Malone Amber & Patchouli (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Honey & Crocus by Jo Malone