Blue Agava & Cacao 2006

Blue Agava & Cacao by Jo Malone
Blue Agava & Cacao is a popular perfume by Jo Malone for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is gourmand-spicy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit
Key limeKey lime
Heart Notes Heart NotesAgaveAgave
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk
Sea saltSea salt
VetiverVetiver
CinnamonCinnamon
CocoaCocoa

Submitted by Chemist, last update on 13.12.2021.

My trip to Costa Rica
When I was 15, I got to visit my girlfriend alone in Costa Rica - probably the most exciting trip for me so far.

After a flight that seemed to last forever, an indescribably beautiful landscape, Spanish music and super good food welcomed me. And that's what this scent reminds me of. As a snack, there were always unripe mangoes with lime juice and sea salt. Accompanied by Helados de Sorbetera, which is made with cinnamon. I get the exact same yummy notes with Blue Agava & Cacao:

A fresh citrusy start with sea salt joined by a syrupy sweetness (not too sticky sweet) and cinnamon. Cocoa I actually perceive, unlike many others here, less (maybe it's because of the reformulation?)

For me, the best Jo Malone, which I have smelled so far. The makes especially in spring and summer just a good mood and is something special. Unfortunately, only available in 100 ml online.

Who likes Gipsy Water by Byredo, could also like this fragrance. These are not dupes, but I find from the character they are similar.

Durability and sillage as with almost all Jo Malones unfortunately only mediocre
The discreet cocoa flatterer
Blue Agava & Cacao starts fruity with red berries and a touch of lemon. Very quickly the determining note of the scent of dry cocoa joins the opening chord. The cocoa is only slightly sweet, with a decisive bitter coffee-like note of cocoa powder. In the background I also think I can perceive some cinnamon. After some time the mild, fresh and a little sweet scent of agave unfolds, which combines very pleasantly with the cocoa. The now added freshness reliably counteracts the sweetness and provides a warm, spicy and only slightly sweet fragrance experience. In the following drying phase Blue Agava & Cacao becomes darker and powdery. Musk, green wood, cinnamon and dry, powdery vanilla complement the fragrance very pleasantly in the base.
After only an average of 6 hours the scent has disappeared from my skin. The projection is relatively close to my skin over the entire course of the scent If you are looking for a subtle cocoa-like, artisan-made fragrance, you will be well served here. In my opinion, the perfume would be suitable for all seasons and almost all occasions (except sports) Alone the somewhat weak endurance of Blue Agava & Cacao ensures that he is not a candidate for purchase with me.
Thanks for reading it

gourmandy floral / flowery gourmand
Every time I wear this fragrance, I love it more and more! The most prominent note is cacao, strengthened by the vanilla. There's also a powdery flower (I guess that's the lily) that's especially noticeable during the opening, causing me to think it might be too feminine. Luckily the flowers go to the background during the drydown and the cacao and vanille becoming more lively, making it unisex again. I don't really get the cinnamon or the cardamom, so this doesn't qualify as spicy. More like a gourmandy floral (or a flowery gourmand since the cacao and vanilla are more prominent).

This perfume is inspired by the rhythm of latin music, and I get that. So when you're going dancing (especially if it's a rumba, samba or paso doble), be sure to wear this ;) The exercise will increase your body heat and thus augment the projection of this lovely scent!

sweet flowerbomb
Blue Agava and Cacao is one of the most feminine in the Jo Malone line, not only because it is intensely floral but also because it is big and bold. I admit I have no idea what agave smells like but I have a vague memory of the smell of a cactus flower that was incredibly floral and delicate and this is quite close. Only this one is big and explosive. A pink floral explosion laced with soft powdery musk and the unexpected dusty cocoa note. This isn’t sweet chocolate, it is unsweetened cocoa powder. It is more prominent in the opening but complements the floral body of the fragrance throughout the development. I have smelled a similar combination of flowers and cocoa in MP&G Fleur des Comores although no one else seems to get it there, so don’t take my word for it. Blue Agava and Cacao seems quite linear to my nose but no one can complain about its projection and longevity. Although it is very floral and powdery it maintains a skin-like quality that makes it very sensual and slightly dangerous. More femme fatale than girly.

Notes from Fragrantica: Birgaradia citrus, lime oil, grapefruit, cardamom, red berry, blue Agava flower, sea salt, orchid, geranium, white lily, cocoa, vetiver, cinnamon, musk and vanilla.

Notes from my nose: cactus flower, musk, vanilla, cocoa, powder

by Elena00
by Elena00
by Somebody
by Somebody

Popular Jo Malone

Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne) by Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay (Cologne) by Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily by Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom (Cologne) by Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot by Jo Malone Orange Bitters by Jo Malone Bronze Wood & Leather by Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica by Jo Malone Saffron by Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone Jasmine Sambac & Marigold by Jo Malone English Oak & Hazelnut by Jo Malone Amber & Patchouli (Cologne Intense) by Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede (Cologne) by Jo Malone Ginger Biscuit by Jo Malone Honey & Crocus by Jo Malone Scarlet Poppy by Jo Malone Vetiver & Golden Vanilla by Jo Malone