Parlez-moi d'Amour 2010 Eau de Toilette

Parlez-moi d'Amour (Eau de Toilette) by John Galliano
Parlez-moi d'Amour (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by John Galliano for women and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-fruity. It was last marketed by Perfume Holding. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Turkish roseTurkish rose
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk
Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli
Cypress absoluteCypress absolute

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.10.2020.

Gold
Galliano behaves astonishigly well!
Well, another fruity-floral, with an accent on berries (blue ones, for a change). I thought about Galliano in a totally different context just the other day and today I decided to try his "Talk to me about love"-scent in the cute bottle and sweet packaging. This fruity-floral is not bad, I'd call it an easy crowd-pleaser, and it's nice for spring. Another asset: Contrary to Galliano himself, this scent won't offend anybody.
Nevertheless, I'm bored stiff by those endless repetitions of the same olfactory tune and would have expected more than a friendly fruity-floral from John Galliano. His first fragrance was a commercial flop, but much more interesting. He(and the company behind him) seemed to feel the urge to play it safe when they released "Parlez-moi d'amour" in 2010.

A Rose & Blueberry Love-Affair
Of course I would be lying if I told you that the bottle is not the first thing that tempted me to pick this bottle up among the many in the perfume shop. How could one not notice and resist it? The heavy glass with the heavy engraved gold cap. The stamp and the love-letter look begging me to "talk about love"! (Parlez Moi D'amour.) Well I shall!

It's not a secret that Parlez Moi D'amour is named after the Edith Piaf song. Ahh, Piaf the tormented tiny French songbird with the impressive voice. Yes, the bottle is wonderful and the name is flirting with your imagination, but how is the juice? Well, the first refreshing thing about this floral fruity is the fact that it lacks vanilla. Among the many MANY vanilla note filled scents of late, that in itself is a breath of fresh air to me! (I love vanilla notes, but I was under the impression that lately most new fragrance releases have vanilla notes...somewhere in them...There is a time and a scent for vanilla, but sometimes enough is enough and the nose wants something different, and PMDA is different.)

At first spray I smell the blueberry note, it's very fruity and sweet and just before it gets too much, the rose note and a hint of bergamot join in and balance the sweetness out into a fruity fresh floral and very romantic scent. A dash of jasmine and a bed of musk (with an apparition of patchouli) to rest your love-letter on becomes the wonderful dry down that lasts and last on me despite that I have the EdT!

A wonderful *break* from all the heavy and complicated scents. A breath of fresh air in a wonderful bottle. I love wearing it on spring mornings...A light, cheery and romantic smell; wonderful after your shower and just before you step out the door into the first tender rays of spring sunshine. A trail of floral-fruity flirtation following my every step and tempting people to talk to me about love. And why not? It's a spring romance in a bottle. ; )

A romantic and delicious keeper, a pretty, *girlie* and very playful scent that is memorable and fresh without being too fresh, and sweet without being cloying.
Taylor Momsen is not the right *face* for this scent IMO, her persona is too 'rock & roll/rebel teenager' like, and the scent and bottle are reminiscent of a time when people still wrote love letters on REAL paper (the box of PMDA is white and looks like an envelope complete with stamp too) and I would have picked a more *mature* and romantic face...but this is just my opinion based on the scent & the bottle.

Silage is: "I am light, breezy but not fleeting and feel romantic" -- Longevity on me is a loveable 6+ hours

For the love of blueberries
Parlez-Moi d'Amour is somewhere between being risky and generic. I don't mind the scent, and while it's a little too fruity for my personal tastes, I like it nonetheless.

It smells just like thick blueberry jam and highly concentrated rose oil. It's quite likable in a rich gourmand and bold kind of a way. For some it may be a little headache inducing and difficult to wear in certain situations, like I found when I had this sample in my bag for a month.

It reminds me of Escada fragrances, however this particular scent is more edgy, not so tropical and Summery. The patchouli in the base creates a darker, earthier feel which I'm quite impressed by.

During the opening, Parlez-Moi d'Amour smelt very much like Passiona, an Australian passionfruit flavoured soft drink, which was my favourite beverage as a child. It brought back some beautiful memories. I particularly like this fragrance's boldness, however I find the overly sweetened and juicy fruits a bit much at times.

It's quite gutsy to my nose, so I think in a way it suits John Galliano's style. I like Parlez-Moi d'Amour and I think on some girls it could really smell amazing. On me it's a bit sour.

The longevity could be better, but overall it's not too disappointing. The sillage however is quite overpowering, so the best tip I could give you is to apply sparingly.

50ml
by Dagi78
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular John Galliano

John Galliano (Eau de Parfum) by John Galliano John Galliano (Eau de Toilette) by John Galliano Parlez-moi d'Amour Encore by John Galliano Parlez-moi d'Amour (Eau de Parfum) by John Galliano Parlez-moi d'Amour Eau Fraîche by John Galliano Before Midnight (Eau de Toilette) by John Galliano Parlez-moi d'Amour Gold Edition by John Galliano Parlez-moi d'Amour by Night by John Galliano Before Midnight (After Shave Lotion) by John Galliano Parlez-Moi d'Amour Charming Edition by John Galliano